The Cinema Snob
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pierre Kirby Approved.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Good part 5's

Go down 
+5
jaltesorensen
Subterfuge
theGerman
wildhoney66
Angie Matera
9 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Angie Matera

Angie Matera

Good part 5's Empty
PostSubject: Good part 5's   Good part 5's EmptyWed Feb 20, 2013 4:35 am

Saw A good day to die hard and it was terrible. It also happens to be part 5 in the series. ive always noticed that part 5s seem to always be bad(Rocky V,Friday the thirtheeth part five.) i cant think of any good ones at the monment. do any of you know any good part fives?
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/angelina.matera
wildhoney66

wildhoney66

Good part 5's Empty
PostSubject: Re: Good part 5's   Good part 5's EmptyWed Feb 20, 2013 9:43 am

actually i kinda like Rocky 5. though i haven't seen it in years so my thoughts of it may change but growing up i loved it.

as for Friday the 13th with it's many faults it's got i don't think no where near as bad as say Part 8. Puppetmaster 5 is a fun film. part 6 though is a piece of shit.
Back to top Go down
theGerman

theGerman

Good part 5's Empty
PostSubject: Re: Good part 5's   Good part 5's EmptyWed Feb 20, 2013 11:54 pm

Somebody has to say Star Wars, but that's kinda cheating.
At the top of my head I can't really remember any franchise.
If you stretch it a little bit you could say Jackie Chan's Police Story...if you count New Police Story as Part 5 that is.
Back to top Go down
wildhoney66

wildhoney66

Good part 5's Empty
PostSubject: Re: Good part 5's   Good part 5's EmptyThu Feb 21, 2013 2:57 am

yes that's called episode 5 but it's really the 2nd film isn't it? not the 5th film in the series if ya really think about it
Back to top Go down
Subterfuge

Subterfuge

Good part 5's Empty
PostSubject: Re: Good part 5's   Good part 5's EmptyThu Feb 21, 2013 3:05 am

I think Angie may be unto something here... Another example of a bad '' part 5 '' is '' A Nightmare on Elm Street ''
Back to top Go down
wildhoney66

wildhoney66

Good part 5's Empty
PostSubject: Re: Good part 5's   Good part 5's EmptyThu Feb 21, 2013 5:51 am

for that one as stupid as the film is and i'm not denying that it's not nearly as bad as the 6th one. i can have fun watching the 5th one. in short i don't hate it like many people seem to.

what other series can one think of that has a part 5?
Back to top Go down
Subterfuge

Subterfuge

Good part 5's Empty
PostSubject: Re: Good part 5's   Good part 5's EmptyThu Feb 21, 2013 7:36 am

wildhoney66 wrote:
for that one as stupid as the film is and i'm not denying that it's not nearly as bad as the 6th one. i can have fun watching the 5th one. in short i don't hate it like many people seem to.

what other series can one think of that has a part 5?

Ah see? I think I prefer part 6 over part 5. But to me, nothing is as bad as part 2. I hate part 2 with a passion.
Back to top Go down
wildhoney66

wildhoney66

Good part 5's Empty
PostSubject: Re: Good part 5's   Good part 5's EmptyThu Feb 21, 2013 8:15 am

you hate elm street 2? i find it funny as hell, it was before he turned into the jokester he later became. but the funny part was how fucking gay that film was. and what makes it even more funny is that i've seen Elm street 2 at oh i dunno how many times. yet until the dvd set came out and i watched them mention the gay undertones and such.

it never occured to me how gay of a film that one is. i never really thought about it before. as for other series and this one does prolly suck 'Hellraiser. i've only seen the 1st three films and those i just love. though the 2nd one is my favorite one. i haven't seen any of the other sequels for some reason.
Back to top Go down
Angie Matera

Angie Matera

Good part 5's Empty
PostSubject: Re: Good part 5's   Good part 5's EmptyThu Feb 21, 2013 9:30 am

wildhoney66 wrote:
you hate elm street 2? i find it funny as hell, it was before he turned into the jokester he later became. but the funny part was how fucking gay that film was. and what makes it even more funny is that i've seen Elm street 2 at oh i dunno how many times. yet until the dvd set came out and i watched them mention the gay undertones and such.

it never occured to me how gay of a film that one is. i never really thought about it before. as for other series and this one does prolly suck 'Hellraiser. i've only seen the 1st three films and those i just love. though the 2nd one is my favorite one. i haven't seen any of the other sequels for some reason.

I acutally kinda liked Hellraiser 5. Its a very differnt take on the series. 4 and everyone after 5 is awful though. so thats one good part 5. and i forgot all about puppt master 5. that one i enjoyed as well and yeah 6 is probally my second leats favorite in the series(least favorite being Legacy)
Back to top Go down
wildhoney66

wildhoney66

Good part 5's Empty
PostSubject: Re: Good part 5's   Good part 5's EmptyThu Feb 21, 2013 9:32 am

Legacy is Meh it's ok. not great not a piece of shit. part 6 for me is the worst one in the entire series.

Legacy though useless in the series has some ideas that aren't to bad for a film that's pretty much 15 minutes of new material spread out in an hr or so film or however long that film is.
Back to top Go down
jaltesorensen

jaltesorensen

Good part 5's Empty
PostSubject: Re: Good part 5's   Good part 5's EmptyThu Feb 21, 2013 10:15 pm

This is my favorite "5":
Good part 5's Johnny+Five
Back to top Go down
polygonalchemist

Good part 5's Empty
PostSubject: Re: Good part 5's   Good part 5's EmptyFri Feb 22, 2013 7:24 am

You guys missed the obvious low-hanging fruit: Star Trek V. I'd always heard that it was later renamed "The Final Frontier" because they were pretty much sure it was going to end the movie franchise (dunno how true that was).

I am hard pressed to think of a really good part 5 off the top of my head. The 5th Harry Potter wasn't bad, but it was just kinda par for the series (3 was still the highlight for me). Also donno if we're counting adaptations.

I used to have a similar theory: "It's bad luck to break a trilogy" Star Wars ep.1, Indy 4, Alien Resurrection...

Now that doesn't mean Part 4's are always bad: For the rule to kick in, a set of 3 movies have to stand on their own for a bit and be commonly viewed as a Trilogy. Star Trek IV, for instance, was pretty good, but I don't think I-III were out long enough to be branded a Trilogy before IV was announced. (Now II-IV form a sort of Trilogy because their stories tie together, so perhaps you could see V as the Trilogy-breaker there).

I'm trying to decide if the first three Pirates of the Caribbean counted as a Trilogy, because 4... while not amazing, wasn't terrible either. I also didn't hate Live Free or Die Hard as much as some people, but the R to PG-13 change alone can put it in this category.
Back to top Go down
Angie Matera

Angie Matera

Good part 5's Empty
PostSubject: Re: Good part 5's   Good part 5's EmptyFri Feb 22, 2013 9:38 pm

polygonalchemist wrote:
You guys missed the obvious low-hanging fruit: Star Trek V. I'd always heard that it was later renamed "The Final Frontier" because they were pretty much sure it was going to end the movie franchise (dunno how true that was).

I am hard pressed to think of a really good part 5 off the top of my head. The 5th Harry Potter wasn't bad, but it was just kinda par for the series (3 was still the highlight for me). Also donno if we're counting adaptations.

I used to have a similar theory: "It's bad luck to break a trilogy" Star Wars ep.1, Indy 4, Alien Resurrection...

Now that doesn't mean Part 4's are always bad: For the rule to kick in, a set of 3 movies have to stand on their own for a bit and be commonly viewed as a Trilogy. Star Trek IV, for instance, was pretty good, but I don't think I-III were out long enough to be branded a Trilogy before IV was announced. (Now II-IV form a sort of Trilogy because their stories tie together, so perhaps you could see V as the Trilogy-breaker there).

I'm trying to decide if the first three Pirates of the Caribbean counted as a Trilogy, because 4... while not amazing, wasn't terrible either. I also didn't hate Live Free or Die Hard as much as some people, but the R to PG-13 change alone can put it in this category.

yeah star trek 5 sucked ass lol. i honestly didnt like the 5th harry potter. And i never really noticed that that trilogy breaking is dangerous(though i didnt think alien three was that good ether) and yeah i do consider star treks 2-4 to be the trilogy(and cause i like to pretend 1 doesnt exist lol). i honestly dont like any of the pirates movies except the first one. and too me the only die hards i enjoy were 1 and 3
Back to top Go down
wildhoney66

wildhoney66

Good part 5's Empty
PostSubject: Re: Good part 5's   Good part 5's EmptySat Feb 23, 2013 9:36 am

the 1st Star Trek movie has it's moments and it's ok film. but there's no doubt parts 2-4 are the best ones. part 5 i do agree is a pretty bad one. the 4th one is a decent film. but not a great film. now the 6th one i love.
it's been years since i saw the NG films so i can't say which ones are good or bad cause it's been far to many years since i last saw them. to be fair. & actually the 5th Harry Potter is my favorite one. i love the book and the film. but i'd love to see a longer cut of that film to show that it followed the book better.

but yea i saw the film 1st and than i read the book and than i saw the film again. & etc.. and as for Die Hard. my favorites are 1 & 3 as well. but ya know i also enjoy the 4th film in that one. and if you are wondering which cut i'm talking about it's of course the R version. NOT the shitty Theatrical cut which i've never seen nor do i have any plans to ever see that version.

anyways, i also enjoy SAW 5 as well. that's the last one i have seen i haven't gotten around to watch any of the other ones yet. i dunno why i just haven't. and i even enjoyed Child's play 5 for what it is. but it's no doubt no where near as good as the original of course. though i do wonder why they went that route in the last 2 films?
Back to top Go down
Angie Matera

Angie Matera

Good part 5's Empty
PostSubject: Re: Good part 5's   Good part 5's EmptySun Feb 24, 2013 2:08 am

Yeah star trek s is great. i acutally never saw NG or its films(or any other later star trek series for that matter). Its not that i dont think it looks good i just never decided to watch it(even though its my best friends favorite star trek series lol).For Saw im only a fan of the first one and for childs play i was only really a fan of 1 2 and 4.
Back to top Go down
wildhoney66

wildhoney66

Good part 5's Empty
PostSubject: Re: Good part 5's   Good part 5's EmptySun Feb 24, 2013 2:26 am

here's a funny ass story that if anyone here is having a bad day can laugh at. when Child's play 3 came on VHS back oh (1991)/ (1992) whatever the fuck year it was. we rented it and my mom said to my and my brother, you can watch it down here meaning the living room so we go ok. so we put it in and than the scene where he jumps out of the box comes on, my mom jumped about 150 feet into the air it scared the shit out of her.

and she was sitting on the sofa! she checked her blood pressure and it she said skyrocketed. she's an RN so she knows how to do that kind of stuff. she was about 37 or 38 at the time. she's just turned 60 now. and she forbid us from ever watching that kind of stuff downstairs ever again. but my point is we about died laughing because of it. not that we didn't believe her that her heartbeat jumped up a LOT! and she was near a panic attack. & ever since than though we have quit doing it as much. have said her little buddy was Chucky. we just get a dirty look and this is over 20 years later now!

as for the NG movies some of them i can say are good and some are shit. but i forget which ones. the show i like.
i haven't seen the one that Scott Backula did. and Deep Space Nine was one i could never get into. but most of them i enjoy. i'm a casual fan that enjoys the films and series but i don't take the genre or whatever it's called serious like some people do. like you'll never see me caught dead at a star trek convention. a doctor who one maybe but not star trek.

"SAW"is for me a fun series that also has some good ones and some lesser ones. of the ones i've seen anyways. the 1st one drags the 1st half of the film and it takes awhile for anything to really happen. in short it takes awhile for me to get into while the other ones i have no problem. the 2nd one i enjoy cause they are a group of people working as a team. i don't think they should have made as many as they did to be honest.

but it's a fun series. it's a either you like it or hate it kind of thing i think.
Back to top Go down
Angie Matera

Angie Matera

Good part 5's Empty
PostSubject: Re: Good part 5's   Good part 5's EmptySun Feb 24, 2013 2:42 am

wildhoney66 wrote:
here's a funny ass story that if anyone here is having a bad day can laugh at. when Child's play 3 came on VHS back oh (1991)/ (1992) whatever the fuck year it was. we rented it and my mom said to my and my brother, you can watch it down here meaning the living room so we go ok. so we put it in and than the scene where he jumps out of the box comes on, my mom jumped about 150 feet into the air it scared the shit out of her.

and she was sitting on the sofa! she checked her blood pressure and it she said skyrocketed. she's an RN so she knows how to do that kind of stuff. she was about 37 or 38 at the time. she's just turned 60 now. and she forbid us from ever watching that kind of stuff downstairs ever again. but my point is we about died laughing because of it. not that we didn't believe her that her heartbeat jumped up a LOT! and she was near a panic attack. & ever since than though we have quit doing it as much. have said her little buddy was Chucky. we just get a dirty look and this is over 20 years later now!

as for the NG movies some of them i can say are good and some are shit. but i forget which ones. the show i like.
i haven't seen the one that Scott Backula did. and Deep Space Nine was one i could never get into. but most of them i enjoy. i'm a casual fan that enjoys the films and series but i don't take the genre or whatever it's called serious like some people do. like you'll never see me caught dead at a star trek convention. a doctor who one maybe but not star trek.

"SAW"is for me a fun series that also has some good ones and some lesser ones. of the ones i've seen anyways. the 1st one drags the 1st half of the film and it takes awhile for anything to really happen. in short it takes awhile for me to get into while the other ones i have no problem. the 2nd one i enjoy cause they are a group of people working as a team. i don't think they should have made as many as they did to be honest.

but it's a fun series. it's a either you like it or hate it kind of thing i think.
lmao that is a funny story. and i acutally remebered why the childs play movies went in the comical direction. The writer(forgot his name) of the franchise mentioned that he started to get really into troma films and started taking influence from them
Back to top Go down
wildhoney66

wildhoney66

Good part 5's Empty
PostSubject: Re: Good part 5's   Good part 5's EmptySun Feb 24, 2013 2:44 am

really? i hadn't heard that but than if i had it's been years and i can't no longer remember that but ok.

it kinda of saved the series in a way if you think about it. part 3 isn't my favorite one either the last 2 i think are better films. but i always thought even before the 4th one came out that having 3 Chucky movies were enough of them to do.

why make anymore than that? other than greed of course.
Back to top Go down
Angie Matera

Angie Matera

Good part 5's Empty
PostSubject: Re: Good part 5's   Good part 5's EmptySat Mar 02, 2013 8:39 am

I just remeber another one. In a way X-men first class could be considered a good part five. Its really a prequal but its techically the 5th one released though if you go by which one would take place 5th then it would be x-3 which i thought was the worst one
Back to top Go down
wildhoney66

wildhoney66

Good part 5's Empty
PostSubject: Re: Good part 5's   Good part 5's EmptySat Mar 02, 2013 9:52 am

well funny but i never considered that a part 5 but i DO see where you are coming from by including it.

in the X-men series i love the first fim, the 2nd one and oddly i haven't gotten around to see the 3rd even though i saw the 2nd in the theatre and being pissed off how that ended. and i have it on dvd i just haven't gotten around to actually watch it. i also am one of those people that actually enjoyed "Wolverine'

i don't have the workprint of it though though, if you recall that when that came out a couple years back it was leaked to the public. and the studio went APE SHIT! and that's an understatement and honestly that i do understand cause it was leaked before the film even fucking came out!

anyways i never did download it i never got around to do it. so i've never actually seen it. but after them going after people who did download it and giving them hard time for it. i am actually kinda glad i didn't download it.

anyways did you know that i think a sequel to wolverine comes out this year if i'm not mistaken.

and the next x-men film comes out i believe next year. a sequel 'First Class'
Back to top Go down
Angie Matera

Angie Matera

Good part 5's Empty
PostSubject: Re: Good part 5's   Good part 5's EmptySat Mar 02, 2013 10:58 am

wildhoney66 wrote:
well funny but i never considered that a part 5 but i DO see where you are coming from by including it.

in the X-men series i love the first fim, the 2nd one and oddly i haven't gotten around to see the 3rd even though i saw the 2nd in the theatre and being pissed off how that ended. and i have it on dvd i just haven't gotten around to actually watch it. i also am one of those people that actually enjoyed "Wolverine'

i don't have the workprint of it though though, if you recall that when that came out a couple years back it was leaked to the public. and the studio went APE SHIT! and that's an understatement and honestly that i do understand cause it was leaked before the film even fucking came out!

anyways i never did download it i never got around to do it. so i've never actually seen it. but after them going after people who did download it and giving them hard time for it. i am actually kinda glad i didn't download it.

anyways did you know that i think a sequel to wolverine comes out this year if i'm not mistaken.

and the next x-men film comes out i believe next year. a sequel 'First Class'

I never saw the workprint of Wolverine but i know people who have . i really wasnt a fan of that film that film at all. And yeah i heard about the sequal and i heard its gonna be calle. THE wolverine lmao. such a creative sequal title.
Back to top Go down
Sickler

Sickler

Good part 5's Empty
PostSubject: Re: Good part 5's   Good part 5's EmptySat Mar 09, 2013 5:45 pm

Oh wow, the Wolverine workprint when it came out was glorious. Some friends and I downloaded it and watched together, CGI looks so incredibly funny when it's not finished, especially the helicopter and fight scenes. Damned good time.
Back to top Go down
Toyland Chairman

Toyland Chairman

Good part 5's Empty
PostSubject: Re: Good part 5's   Good part 5's EmptySun Mar 10, 2013 2:07 am

You Only Live Twice (it was the fifth Bond film)
Puppet Master 5
Back to top Go down
http://www.freewebs.com/demonictoys/
wildhoney66

wildhoney66

Good part 5's Empty
PostSubject: Re: Good part 5's   Good part 5's EmptySun Mar 10, 2013 6:46 am

Sean i'm really surprised you only found this thread now. i think i already said puppetmaster actually. but i didn't think of Bond though yes that was a good one.
Back to top Go down
Toyland Chairman

Toyland Chairman

Good part 5's Empty
PostSubject: Re: Good part 5's   Good part 5's EmptySun Mar 10, 2013 10:22 am

wildhoney66 wrote:
Sean i'm really surprised you only found this thread now. i think i already said puppetmaster actually. but i didn't think of Bond though yes that was a good one.

I had to double check. Didn't notice before. I was going to write a whole list, but was trying to think of something different. One of the only ones that came to mind was YOU ONLY LIVE TWICE, even though it's not technically "DR NO part 5".

I was going to include STAR WARS: ATTACK OF THE CLONES, but people tend to get weirded out when you call it the fifth film, rather than second film of the prequel trilogy.
Back to top Go down
http://www.freewebs.com/demonictoys/
Sponsored content

Good part 5's Empty
PostSubject: Re: Good part 5's   Good part 5's Empty

Back to top Go down

Good part 5's
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next