Pierre Kirby Approved.

HomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

How Good is Freak Out?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
EccentricSnob

PostSubject: How Good is Freak Out?   Wed Jun 26, 2013 12:39 am

I've been wondering how good is Brad Jones' first film because I so far saw 4 of them, and my favorite being Hooker with the Heart of Gold (which is really a great movie), my second favorite being Cheap, Paranoia was alright, and I was not a big fan of Midnight Heat (to each his own).

I've been somewhat curious about this one, so how good (or entertaining) is Freak Out?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Weezy-LUiGi

PostSubject: Re: How Good is Freak Out?   Wed Jun 26, 2013 1:54 pm

EccentricSnob wrote:
I've been wondering how good is Brad Jones' first film because I so far saw 4 of them, and my favorite being Hooker with the Heart of Gold (which is really a great movie), my second favorite being Cheap, Paranoia was alright, and I was not a big fan of Midnight Heat (to each his own).

I've been somewhat curious about this one, so how good (or entertaining) is Freak Out?
Welp, I enjoyed it enough, but it's definitely not Brad's best in terms of video/audio quality.  Brad and Dave were very entertaining to watch in the flick, as usual.  I think this is my 2nd-Favorite Brad performance, behind the dual roles in Hooker; he is really damn good at portraying nervous, antisocial tics and the awkward handling of unwanted guests down to a T.  Nick, the lead, is not the best or most convincing actor on the site, but he does well.  I'll be nice to the chick in the flick by not talking about her performance.  Other than that, the soundtrack is Brad's favorite, and I really enjoyed it as usual.  The video can get kind of murky in some scenes, and the b&w photography really does not help, but it's definitely not a waste of time.  Give it a watch when you have a couple of hours to spare.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
EccentricSnob

PostSubject: Re: How Good is Freak Out   Thu Jun 27, 2013 10:34 am

Oh alright, thanks man. I was just curious about this movie, especially because of how it looks low quality (no offense Brad).
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: How Good is Freak Out?   Thu Jun 27, 2013 9:46 pm

EccentricSnob wrote:
Oh alright, thanks man. I was just curious about this movie, especially because of how it looks low quality (no offense Brad).

None taken, it was my first movie, it has a shit load of flaws, and dear god would I have things differently had I shot the movie now, but, you know, that's how you learn. Something like this you just have to go into knowing the quality is going to be pretty shitty. FYI, like Cheap and Game Boys, quality was severely decreased in the flash compression. Not that it was super high quality anyway, but if you look at the full trailer for Game Boys on youtube and what the movie looks like on the site, you can see the difference.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://thecinemasnob.forumotion.com
EccentricSnob

PostSubject: Re: How Good is Freak Out?   Fri Sep 06, 2013 5:39 am

Brad Jones' Re-Release of Freak Out, coming out in 3D in 2016 XD

In all seriousness, when I directly referenced you, I didn't think you would respond. So thanks for watching, and I haven't watched Freak Out yet because I was watching other movies and I just didn't get around to it.

But I got a question Brad, How do you even get your budgets to make 7 (soon to be Cool feature length movies? Seriously, you made more films than a lot of other filmmakers, like your favorite, Terrence Malick. And if you don't want to tell me, it is alright, I get it. I just want to be an independent filmmaker in the near-future, and I am curious how to get those kinds of low budgets.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: How Good is Freak Out?   

Back to top Go down

How Good is Freak Out?
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1