The Cinema Snob
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pierre Kirby Approved.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

What Was The Last Movie You Watched?

Go down 
+81
Tabascofanatikerin
Razzly
Inquisitor
Skibz
Ninty64X
The_Stone_Guest
Toyland Chairman
ZappaDave
Alyxx
metateen
80'sDavid
aga
EvilSpirit
AstaKask
EccentricSnob
fubar_in_pittsburgh
perkele
kraufen
jasn0_X
Hybrid Pig-Boy
polygonalchemist
Subterfuge
Longinus
theGerman
Kayna
Weezy-LUiGi
The Man in Black
Eckertmania
Santa Dog II
ItsVince725
gunflyer
Ashxking
PanzerschreckLeopard
LeMunson
Randy Spears
Brakywaki
Tykittaa
Indiana Groans
DanteRespite
Rudiger
Jerky McSquirt
IAKO
UnholyMephistopheles
Salim
Captain Smack-Pigeon
Second Hand Store
Candyman
TheCinemaCynic
barrylikesbnbns
moonsknight
Vendaval FJ
O'Hara
Dyson sphere
unrealbe
gregmcduck
Angie Matera
obin_gam
KingLDub
UnknownKadath
MonkeyMan
Son Of Jack Deth
relauby
Bassbait
PCDOS
Frank Rizzo
ScrotumusMaximus
Mondo a Go-Go
tonythe chosen
Tommy Wiseau
Lady stardust
ermac
LeperMessiah117
Kaneda
A Cockatrice
Mother of Invention
JustinDP
The Original Greaser Bob
LucasChad
thegormer
Minuto
85 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 30 ... 41  Next
AuthorMessage
The Original Greaser Bob

The Original Greaser Bob

What Was The Last Movie You Watched? - Page 20 Empty
PostSubject: Re: What Was The Last Movie You Watched?   What Was The Last Movie You Watched? - Page 20 EmptyThu Jul 28, 2011 8:09 am

Just saw All Night Long. Not a great movie, but managed to be pretty bleak.
Back to top Go down
Mondo a Go-Go

Mondo a Go-Go

PostSubject: Re: What Was The Last Movie You Watched?   What Was The Last Movie You Watched? - Page 20 EmptyThu Jul 28, 2011 8:17 pm

I Spit on Your Grave. Pretty heavy stuff, but Camille Keaton was great. It's a shame she never really broke into major mainstream roles.
Back to top Go down
Frank Rizzo

Frank Rizzo

PostSubject: Re: What Was The Last Movie You Watched?   What Was The Last Movie You Watched? - Page 20 EmptySun Jul 31, 2011 1:58 am

Captain America: Probably the best of the superhero movies that came out this year.

PS: This is the 1000th post in this section!
Back to top Go down
Mondo a Go-Go

Mondo a Go-Go

PostSubject: Re: What Was The Last Movie You Watched?   What Was The Last Movie You Watched? - Page 20 EmptySun Jul 31, 2011 8:17 am

Island of Death. It was actually kind of fun; having seen the Snob's review a while back, the goat fucking wasn't as shocking.
Back to top Go down
The Original Greaser Bob

The Original Greaser Bob

PostSubject: Re: What Was The Last Movie You Watched?   What Was The Last Movie You Watched? - Page 20 EmptyMon Aug 01, 2011 4:18 am

Mondo a Go-Go wrote:
I Spit on Your Grave. Pretty heavy stuff, but Camille Keaton was great. It's a shame she never really broke into major mainstream roles.
Hmm...I wonder why...

Just got back from seeing African Queen. Not a big romance guy, but when it's done well, like it is here, it really stands out.
Back to top Go down
Mondo a Go-Go

Mondo a Go-Go

PostSubject: Re: What Was The Last Movie You Watched?   What Was The Last Movie You Watched? - Page 20 EmptyTue Aug 02, 2011 4:20 am

The Dude wrote:
Mondo a Go-Go wrote:
Hmm...I wonder why...
Do I sense a tinge of sarcasm there? Granted, I Spit isn't the best thing to have on a resume, but she brought a believable mix of vulnerability and anger to the role. Not to mention she's gorgeous.
Back to top Go down
The Original Greaser Bob

The Original Greaser Bob

PostSubject: Re: What Was The Last Movie You Watched?   What Was The Last Movie You Watched? - Page 20 EmptyTue Aug 02, 2011 4:23 am

Mondo a Go-Go wrote:
The Dude wrote:
Mondo a Go-Go wrote:
Hmm...I wonder why...
Do I sense a tinge of sarcasm there? Granted, I Spit isn't the best thing to have on a resume, but she brought a believable mix of vulnerability and anger to the role. Not to mention she's gorgeous.
Look, I'm not saying there's anything wrong with the movie or her performance, but if you have aspirations for a major films career, you'd be hard-pressed to pick a worse movie to appear in.
Back to top Go down
relauby

relauby

PostSubject: Re: What Was The Last Movie You Watched?   What Was The Last Movie You Watched? - Page 20 EmptySun Aug 14, 2011 9:50 am

Dear Zachary. Really, really good documentary. And while it was cool to see a movie that took place in my hometown, I kind of wish it wasn't in a movie that's such a downer.
Back to top Go down
The Original Greaser Bob

The Original Greaser Bob

PostSubject: Re: What Was The Last Movie You Watched?   What Was The Last Movie You Watched? - Page 20 EmptyMon Aug 15, 2011 1:45 pm

The Day the Earth Stood Still. Good for the soul.
Back to top Go down
Frank Rizzo

Frank Rizzo

PostSubject: Re: What Was The Last Movie You Watched?   What Was The Last Movie You Watched? - Page 20 EmptyTue Aug 16, 2011 4:32 am

Duck Soup: One of the funniest Marx Brothers movie I've seen.
Back to top Go down
UnholyMephistopheles

UnholyMephistopheles

PostSubject: Re: What Was The Last Movie You Watched?   What Was The Last Movie You Watched? - Page 20 EmptyThu Aug 18, 2011 12:25 pm

Alice (1988)

really liked it, a strange foreign film.

its on netflix too!
Back to top Go down
The Original Greaser Bob

The Original Greaser Bob

PostSubject: Re: What Was The Last Movie You Watched?   What Was The Last Movie You Watched? - Page 20 EmptyThu Sep 01, 2011 8:09 am

Cowboys and Aliens.

Really glad I watched Brad's recap of the summer movies, because until he mentioned Cowboys was his favorite, I'd actually forgotten all about it, and almost missed my chance to see it.
Back to top Go down
LeMunson

LeMunson

PostSubject: Re: What Was The Last Movie You Watched?   What Was The Last Movie You Watched? - Page 20 EmptySun Sep 04, 2011 2:22 am

I Spit On Your Grave

Horrible, horrible movie, didn't enjoy it at all. No characterization, no story, and the gore scenes are surprisingly boring. The whole plot's on the back of the DVD, there's no point in even watching the movie. Missing what usually makes exploitation movies a fun watch, entertainment.
Back to top Go down
Mondo a Go-Go

Mondo a Go-Go

PostSubject: Re: What Was The Last Movie You Watched?   What Was The Last Movie You Watched? - Page 20 EmptySun Sep 04, 2011 11:26 pm

LeMunson wrote:
I Spit On Your Grave

Horrible, horrible movie, didn't enjoy it at all. No characterization, no story, and the gore scenes are surprisingly boring. The whole plot's on the back of the DVD, there's no point in even watching the movie. Missing what usually makes exploitation movies a fun watch, entertainment.
I don't think it's supposed to be fun to watch; I Spit is just oppressively dismal, and that's the point. If you go into it expecting wacky hijinx, you've got the wrong movie. I will give it to you that it's a pretty standard rape/revenge movie, but that's a genre where everything you need to know is right there in the name.
Back to top Go down
LeMunson

LeMunson

PostSubject: Re: What Was The Last Movie You Watched?   What Was The Last Movie You Watched? - Page 20 EmptyMon Sep 05, 2011 4:26 am

Mondo a Go-Go wrote:
LeMunson wrote:
I Spit On Your Grave

I don't think it's supposed to be fun to watch; I Spit is just oppressively dismal, and that's the point. If you go into it expecting wacky hijinx, you've got the wrong movie. I will give it to you that it's a pretty standard rape/revenge movie, but that's a genre where everything you need to know is right there in the name.

It didn't need to be fun or anything, but there's no story in it whatsoever, or interesting characters. Nothing to look at or think about while watching it. Violence in A Women's Prison (which I watched last week) looked to be a standard Women in Prison movie, but it had a lot going on and some characters that were branched out. ISoYG is just four men and a woman, I think they could of done a little more with the concept.
Back to top Go down
PanzerschreckLeopard

PostSubject: Re: What Was The Last Movie You Watched?   What Was The Last Movie You Watched? - Page 20 EmptyTue Sep 13, 2011 7:43 am

Duel (1971). That last film I watched for the first time was Cannibal Holocaust, and planning on Cannibal Ferox tomorrow.
Back to top Go down
Brakywaki

Brakywaki

PostSubject: Re: What Was The Last Movie You Watched?   What Was The Last Movie You Watched? - Page 20 EmptyTue Sep 13, 2011 10:13 am

PanzerschreckLeopard wrote:
Duel (1971). That last film I watched for the first time was Cannibal Holocaust, and planning on Cannibal Ferox tomorrow.

I was looking forward to Ferox after Holocaust, and I was greatly disappointed honestly...Funny thing is I can't for the life of me remember what I hated so much about it, I just remembered the whole thing pissing me off. Not for the content or anything, but simply that it was one of those Video Nasties that, despite the scenes earning it a reputation as such, it just wasn't a good movie. I can't remember exactly what it was offhand, but something about the very end of the movie really pissed me off too...God help me I don't wanna make myself rewatch it to try and remember, either. I just thought that the "message" the film tried to have was greatly flawed.
Back to top Go down
Mondo a Go-Go

Mondo a Go-Go

PostSubject: Re: What Was The Last Movie You Watched?   What Was The Last Movie You Watched? - Page 20 EmptyWed Sep 14, 2011 4:42 am

What did you think? Two great movies for totally different reasons, in my opinion.
Brakywaki wrote:

I was looking forward to Ferox after Holocaust, and I was greatly disappointed honestly...Funny thing is I can't for the life of me remember what I hated so much about it, I just remembered the whole thing pissing me off. Not for the content or anything, but simply that it was one of those Video Nasties that, despite the scenes earning it a reputation as such, it just wasn't a good movie. I can't remember exactly what it was offhand, but something about the very end of the movie really pissed me off too...God help me I don't wanna make myself rewatch it to try and remember, either. I just thought that the "message" the film tried to have was greatly flawed.
Maybe the fact that the movie barely has an ending bothered you? Cannibal Ferox is one of my favorite movies, if not entirely for coked up Giovanni Lombardo Radice. It's very different from Holocaust, though. Ferox is more manic and campy than the dour Holocaust, so maybe that disappointed you?
Back to top Go down
PanzerschreckLeopard

PostSubject: Re: What Was The Last Movie You Watched?   What Was The Last Movie You Watched? - Page 20 EmptyWed Sep 14, 2011 7:40 am

Just finished it. In some ways I liked Ferox better. Radice was fun to watch. XD The only things I didn't like were the main theme (though I liked some other music), and how, unlike Holocaust, Ferox is up close during the castration. >.<

Also, anyone know furaffinity.net's mascot, Fender, is of "ferrox" species? :3 Parody material there!
Back to top Go down
Brakywaki

Brakywaki

PostSubject: Re: What Was The Last Movie You Watched?   What Was The Last Movie You Watched? - Page 20 EmptyWed Sep 14, 2011 10:34 am

I loved Giovanni Lombardo Radice (as I do in most anything) but I just found the film itself to be stupid...It wasn't that there wasn't much of an ending, something involving the actions of the lead female at the end I just found to be absolutely abhorrent and lacking in any logic but for the life of me I can't remember what she did.
Back to top Go down
Ashxking

PostSubject: Re: What Was The Last Movie You Watched?   What Was The Last Movie You Watched? - Page 20 EmptyMon Oct 24, 2011 5:00 pm

Kill the artist. Its kinda scary that people in the U.S. have gone to jail for art.
Back to top Go down
obin_gam

obin_gam

PostSubject: Re: What Was The Last Movie You Watched?   What Was The Last Movie You Watched? - Page 20 EmptyMon Oct 31, 2011 6:02 pm

TINTIN
Fantastic film, Spielberg really outdid himself this time!
The pacing, the action, the humor, the setpieces, the acting, the CGI, the story, Milou, everything was like a giant loveletter to oldschool Indiana Jones/Romancing the Stone epic adventures. Its fun as hell and magnifigantly exciting!
Sure I would have loved seeng Professor Calculus but he'll surely be in the next one,
This was the true sequel Indy deserved but did not get.
9 blistering barnacles out of 10
Back to top Go down
gunflyer

gunflyer

PostSubject: Re: What Was The Last Movie You Watched?   What Was The Last Movie You Watched? - Page 20 EmptyMon Nov 14, 2011 9:26 am

I just saw the Immortals... dammit that movie SUCKED. 300 may have been stupid, but it was entertaining as hell. There are even lines that sound as though they came directly from 300, like the line "Their numbers will count for nothing". Yeah, nice try. Immortals... damn I'll tell you if ever a movie was killed by shitty-ass pacing, it's The Immortals. It was boring, the bad-guy is stupid, one-dimensional and not the least bit interesting, and the good guy is... about the same! I'm seriously you guys, it's probably the worst sword and sorcery movie to come along in a long time. Avoid.
Back to top Go down
ItsVince725

PostSubject: Re: What Was The Last Movie You Watched?   What Was The Last Movie You Watched? - Page 20 EmptyThu Nov 24, 2011 7:51 am

gunflyer wrote:
I just saw the Immortals... dammit that movie SUCKED. 300 may have been stupid, but it was entertaining as hell. There are even lines that sound as though they came directly from 300, like the line "Their numbers will count for nothing". Yeah, nice try. Immortals... damn I'll tell you if ever a movie was killed by shitty-ass pacing, it's The Immortals. It was boring, the bad-guy is stupid, one-dimensional and not the least bit interesting, and the good guy is... about the same! I'm seriously you guys, it's probably the worst sword and sorcery movie to come along in a long time. Avoid.

We must be polar opposites, I saw it tonight and I loved it.

Back to top Go down
The Original Greaser Bob

The Original Greaser Bob

PostSubject: Re: What Was The Last Movie You Watched?   What Was The Last Movie You Watched? - Page 20 EmptySat Feb 04, 2012 9:30 am

The Woman in Black

Liked the movie, but damn did the audience make it hard to enjoy it. If you plan on seeing it, try to do so on a Sunday evening; most of the school-children can't stay out late on a school night.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What Was The Last Movie You Watched?   What Was The Last Movie You Watched? - Page 20 Empty

Back to top Go down

What Was The Last Movie You Watched?
Page 20 of 41Go to page : Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 30 ... 41  Next