The Cinema Snob
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pierre Kirby Approved.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

So what kind of music are you guys into

Go down 
+39
Son Of Jack Deth
Frank Rizzo
BaphometConsumed
UnknownKadath
ScrotumusMaximus
Jacob
Mongoose
Mondo a Go-Go
relauby
KingLDub
yakityyakblah
LeperMessiah117
Kaneda
anothercafejava
bloodypitofhorror
Nephilim
TK6530
The Original Greaser Bob
Tommy Wiseau
thegormer
Scooter Hawk
Screwadu
New Blood
Griff Morivan
Eisblut
TobyMobias
DarthThought
guudermann
WrecklessEating
Entertainer13
A Cockatrice
MagnaRyu
Cactus_Matt
Uzigon
JustinDP
vidsub
JennyWoreBlack
Eckertmania
Loxx O)))
43 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
The Original Greaser Bob

The Original Greaser Bob

So what kind of music are you guys into - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: So what kind of music are you guys into   So what kind of music are you guys into - Page 3 EmptySat Jan 22, 2011 9:17 am

anothercafejava wrote:
The Dude wrote:
anothercafejava wrote:
I used to be a big Metalhead, but my tastes have evolved. I went from Cannibal Corpse and Deicide to Leftover Crack and Choking Victim, thus beginning the ascent into punk, folk, country, etc.

Top Played include:
Tom Waits
Bomb The Music Industry/Arrogant Sons of Bitches
Bad Religion
Misfits
Johnny Cash
Andrew Jackson Jihad
Daniel Johnston
Wingnut Dishwasher's Union
GG Allin
Arcade Fire
Ghost Mice
Less Than Jake
Buck 65
How 'bout that Johnny Hobo and the Freight Trains?

YES! Caught in the Act of Not Being Awesome just happens to get played at least a couple times every week on my iTunes. I'm excited to see how much Pat changed after rehab, I hope he's doing better, and that he continues to make music
Yeah, heroin addiction, alcoholism and constant exposure to the elements can really take a sledgehammer to a person's health, so at this point, any change would probably be one for the better.
Back to top Go down
Kaneda

Kaneda

PostSubject: Re: So what kind of music are you guys into   So what kind of music are you guys into - Page 3 EmptySat Jan 22, 2011 9:23 am

I mainly listen to Clutch and Chiptune music.
Back to top Go down
LeperMessiah117

LeperMessiah117

PostSubject: Re: So what kind of music are you guys into   So what kind of music are you guys into - Page 3 EmptySat Jan 22, 2011 9:29 am

I'm a big heavy metal guy. I listen to:

Metallica
Slayer
Pantera
Devin Townsend/Strapping Young Lad
Opeth
Rob/White Zombie
Morbid Angel
Machine Head
Lamb of God
Gojira
Evile
Megadeth
Mastodon
Down

And much, much more.
Back to top Go down
yakityyakblah

yakityyakblah

PostSubject: Re: So what kind of music are you guys into   So what kind of music are you guys into - Page 3 EmptySat Jan 22, 2011 10:02 am

So happy to see the Snob boards are sufficiently metal.

I'm not going to go way into detail about all my favourite bands.
Back to top Go down
LeperMessiah117

LeperMessiah117

PostSubject: Re: So what kind of music are you guys into   So what kind of music are you guys into - Page 3 EmptySat Jan 22, 2011 10:35 am

yakityyakblah wrote:
So happy to see the Snob boards are sufficiently metal.

I'm not going to go way into detail about all my favourite bands.

Ah, good to know I'm not alone.
Back to top Go down
The Original Greaser Bob

The Original Greaser Bob

PostSubject: Re: So what kind of music are you guys into   So what kind of music are you guys into - Page 3 EmptySat Jan 22, 2011 10:43 am

@LeperMessiah117

Nice avatar, by the way. Strictly speaking, I'm not a Devin Townsend fan, but I did enjoy the hell out of Ziltoid.
Back to top Go down
LeperMessiah117

LeperMessiah117

PostSubject: Re: So what kind of music are you guys into   So what kind of music are you guys into - Page 3 EmptySat Jan 22, 2011 12:12 pm

The Dude wrote:
@LeperMessiah117

Nice avatar, by the way. Strictly speaking, I'm not a Devin Townsend fan, but I did enjoy the hell out of Ziltoid.

Yeah, that's one of my favorites by him. I dig your avatar too, man. Got the whole Big Lebowski thing going on.
Back to top Go down
yakityyakblah

yakityyakblah

PostSubject: Re: So what kind of music are you guys into   So what kind of music are you guys into - Page 3 EmptySat Jan 22, 2011 12:38 pm

Kind of a longshot, but if you happen to play video games, Rockband has Ziltoid in playtesting for their Rockband Network. You can see a preview of a song here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bROm1TjsAM4

The entire album is coming, it's awesome.

Would you also by any chance be into avant garde metal?
Back to top Go down
KingLDub

PostSubject: Re: So what kind of music are you guys into   So what kind of music are you guys into - Page 3 EmptySat Jan 22, 2011 3:09 pm

I like to think I have pretty ecelctic taste in music to be honest:
Drum n Bass (the underground stuff, mostly late 90's, the commercical side of things is awful, truly awful)
Dubstep (same as above only the commercial side is even worse)
Reggae (Loved Reggae ever since I was young)
Ambient/Dark Ambient
Underground Hip Hop
IDM
Trip Hop
Jamaican Ska (Not so much into the modern Ska Punk stuff)
Post Rock
Some Metal (Mostly Black Metal as long as it's not too lulzy)
80's Goth Rock
Industrial
Back to top Go down
relauby

relauby

PostSubject: Re: So what kind of music are you guys into   So what kind of music are you guys into - Page 3 EmptySat Jan 22, 2011 7:01 pm

Wow, I'm really surprised at how many huge metal fans there are on this board. The only metal band that has more than 1 or 2 songs that I like is Black Sabbath, and they're pretty tame by most metal standards. I mostly really like classic/psychedelic rock from the 60's and 70's, my two favorite bands being The Beatles and The Grateful Dead. Also, I really, really hate rap or hip-hop. Don't get me started on it.
Back to top Go down
yakityyakblah

yakityyakblah

PostSubject: Re: So what kind of music are you guys into   So what kind of music are you guys into - Page 3 EmptySat Jan 22, 2011 10:07 pm

Back to top Go down
LeperMessiah117

LeperMessiah117

PostSubject: Re: So what kind of music are you guys into   So what kind of music are you guys into - Page 3 EmptySat Jan 22, 2011 10:10 pm

yakityyakblah wrote:
Kind of a longshot, but if you happen to play video games, Rockband has Ziltoid in playtesting for their Rockband Network. You can see a preview of a song here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bROm1TjsAM4

The entire album is coming, it's awesome.

Would you also by any chance be into avant garde metal?

Yes! I've been waiting a couple months for Ziltoid Rock Band now. Cool how Dev changed a bunch of the dialogue specifically for Rock Band.

Avant-Garde Metal... I'm really into the band Fantomas and wouldn't mind expanding further into the genre sometime.

yakityyakblah wrote:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gRApOOetSco

Yay!

Wow, that's pretty unique sounding.
Back to top Go down
yakityyakblah

yakityyakblah

PostSubject: Re: So what kind of music are you guys into   So what kind of music are you guys into - Page 3 EmptySat Jan 22, 2011 10:47 pm

Yes, Mike Patton can do no wrong. I'm assuming you might also be into Mr Bungle.

A more conventional band from Montreal I'm into is The Agonist:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aXzIeI0mkFI

Would definitely suggest getting the album. Not a bad song in the bunch.
Back to top Go down
LeperMessiah117

LeperMessiah117

PostSubject: Re: So what kind of music are you guys into   So what kind of music are you guys into - Page 3 EmptySat Jan 22, 2011 11:00 pm

yakityyakblah wrote:
Yes, Mike Patton can do no wrong. I'm assuming you might also be into Mr Bungle.

A more conventional band from Montreal I'm into is The Agonist:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aXzIeI0mkFI

Would definitely suggest getting the album. Not a bad song in the bunch.

I'm more of a Tomahawk guy myself, but Mr. Bungle is good.

Hmm, that song is ok. As far a female metal vocalists go, I like Angela Gossow better.
Back to top Go down
yakityyakblah

yakityyakblah

PostSubject: Re: So what kind of music are you guys into   So what kind of music are you guys into - Page 3 EmptySat Jan 22, 2011 11:47 pm

Gossow is a pretty safe choice as far as that goes. I've got a thing for female vocalists in punk and metal. Into Devil Driver at all?
Back to top Go down
Mondo a Go-Go

Mondo a Go-Go

PostSubject: Re: So what kind of music are you guys into   So what kind of music are you guys into - Page 3 EmptySun Jan 23, 2011 12:21 am

I'm into early punk (Sex Pistols, Ramones, Siouxsie and the Banshees, The Clash, The Dead Boys) and New Wave (Klaus Nomi, Wall of Voodoo, Blondie, The Fixx, Real Life). Those are just a few bands and generalizations; I'll listen to almost anything except country and modern rap. Movie soundtracks are fun, too, especially Goblin and Fabio Frizzi's work with Lucio Fulci.
Back to top Go down
The Original Greaser Bob

The Original Greaser Bob

PostSubject: Re: So what kind of music are you guys into   So what kind of music are you guys into - Page 3 EmptySun Jan 23, 2011 12:27 am

Mondo a Go-Go wrote:
Movie soundtracks are fun, too, especially Goblin and Fabio Frizzi's work with Lucio Fulci
Oh Italian prog rock, what would we do without you?
Back to top Go down
Loxx O)))

Loxx O)))

PostSubject: Re: So what kind of music are you guys into   So what kind of music are you guys into - Page 3 EmptySun Jan 23, 2011 1:22 am

I've never really seen the appeal of Arch Enemy. I can either go on a message board where they're praised or absolutely hated. There really is no in between from what I've seen.
Back to top Go down
yakityyakblah

yakityyakblah

PostSubject: Re: So what kind of music are you guys into   So what kind of music are you guys into - Page 3 EmptySun Jan 23, 2011 2:04 am

Well it's like the saying goes, if you try to speak to every one, you speak to no one.
Back to top Go down
Uzigon

Uzigon

PostSubject: Re: So what kind of music are you guys into   So what kind of music are you guys into - Page 3 EmptySun Jan 23, 2011 3:02 am

Loxx O))) wrote:
I've never really seen the appeal of Arch Enemy. I can either go on a message board where they're praised or absolutely hated. There really is no in between from what I've seen.

I'll give you an in-between, it seems like everyone I talk to knows them, but no one I know really hates them or listens to them. I personally like them, mind you, I think the only album of theirs I visit regularly is 'Doomsday Machine'. There the type of band I like coming across on shuffle, but I seldom play the whole album through.
Back to top Go down
Tommy Wiseau

Tommy Wiseau

PostSubject: Re: So what kind of music are you guys into   So what kind of music are you guys into - Page 3 EmptySun Jan 23, 2011 4:31 am

Rediscovering the Dune soundtrack. Man, Lynch manages to get so much great music. Blue Velvet, Twin Peaks, Lost Highway...
Back to top Go down
Mongoose

Mongoose

PostSubject: Re: So what kind of music are you guys into   So what kind of music are you guys into - Page 3 EmptySun Jan 23, 2011 5:59 am

I'm more of a Jazz/Soul man myself, but I do love Classic Rock as well as Dubstep, Hard-Rock, and Classical. I can't say there is a particular genre I don't like, but those are the ones I end up listening to most.
Back to top Go down
A Cockatrice

A Cockatrice

PostSubject: Re: So what kind of music are you guys into   So what kind of music are you guys into - Page 3 EmptySun Jan 23, 2011 6:43 am

LeperMessiah117 wrote:
I'm more of a Tomahawk guy myself, but Mr. Bungle is good.

Fucking love Tomahawk, with Anonymous being one of my all time favorite albums released in the past decade.
Back to top Go down
The Original Greaser Bob

The Original Greaser Bob

PostSubject: Re: So what kind of music are you guys into   So what kind of music are you guys into - Page 3 EmptySun Jan 23, 2011 1:41 pm

I never did like dubstep.
Back to top Go down
Mondo a Go-Go

Mondo a Go-Go

PostSubject: Re: So what kind of music are you guys into   So what kind of music are you guys into - Page 3 EmptySun Jan 23, 2011 8:17 pm

The Dude wrote:
Mondo a Go-Go wrote:
Movie soundtracks are fun, too, especially Goblin and Fabio Frizzi's work with Lucio Fulci
Oh Italian prog rock, what would we do without you?
There's a band called Blizaro that's doing music influenced by 70s horror movies. You can download an EP, Horror Rock, here, and their new album, City of the Living Nightmare, is quite good.
Tommy Wiseau wrote:
Rediscovering the Dune soundtrack. Man, Lynch manages to get so much great music. Blue Velvet, Twin Peaks, Lost Highway...
I couldn't stand Dune as a movie, but the soundtrack is great. It adds an epic feel to such a campy film.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: So what kind of music are you guys into   So what kind of music are you guys into - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

So what kind of music are you guys into
Page 3 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next