The Cinema Snob
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pierre Kirby Approved.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

So what kind of music are you guys into

Go down 
+39
Son Of Jack Deth
Frank Rizzo
BaphometConsumed
UnknownKadath
ScrotumusMaximus
Jacob
Mongoose
Mondo a Go-Go
relauby
KingLDub
yakityyakblah
LeperMessiah117
Kaneda
anothercafejava
bloodypitofhorror
Nephilim
TK6530
The Original Greaser Bob
Tommy Wiseau
thegormer
Scooter Hawk
Screwadu
New Blood
Griff Morivan
Eisblut
TobyMobias
DarthThought
guudermann
WrecklessEating
Entertainer13
A Cockatrice
MagnaRyu
Cactus_Matt
Uzigon
JustinDP
vidsub
JennyWoreBlack
Eckertmania
Loxx O)))
43 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
Loxx O)))

Loxx O)))

So what kind of music are you guys into Empty
PostSubject: So what kind of music are you guys into   So what kind of music are you guys into EmptyWed Jan 19, 2011 9:58 am

And before we get into this "I like everything stuff"... what are you mainly into. I know most people can appreciate all kinds of music but we generally have a preference.

Myself, I'm into doom, sludge, and black metal. I'm big into music. Some of my favorite bands would include:

Dark Castle
Asunder
Kylesa
Electric Wizard
Gallhammer
Bloody Panda
Sunn O)))

So yeah... what are you guys into?
Back to top Go down
Eckertmania

Eckertmania

PostSubject: Re: So what kind of music are you guys into   So what kind of music are you guys into EmptyWed Jan 19, 2011 10:04 am

I'm mainly into metal, punk, and alternative.

The metal bands I really like are Motorhead, Iron Maiden, Megadeth, Edguy, Kamelot, and Ayreon/Star One.

The punk bands I like are Bad Religion, Social Distortion, Offspring, and Dead Kennedys.

The alternative bands I like are: Pearl Jam (I hate the label "grunge." Grunge was a marketing term, not a genre.), Belly, Nada Surf, and Placebo.
Back to top Go down
http://asliceomind.wordpress.com/
JennyWoreBlack

JennyWoreBlack

PostSubject: Re: So what kind of music are you guys into   So what kind of music are you guys into EmptyWed Jan 19, 2011 10:07 am

I'm into goth, industrial, 80's and 90's alternative, I haven't listened to the radio since 1998 or so.
Back to top Go down
http://bobenny.us
vidsub

vidsub

PostSubject: Re: So what kind of music are you guys into   So what kind of music are you guys into EmptyWed Jan 19, 2011 10:15 am

Im into 80's mostly. It just puts me in a good mood, haha. I also like some 90's. I dont usually like new music, but every now and then, there is a catchy tune.
Back to top Go down
JustinDP

JustinDP

PostSubject: Re: So what kind of music are you guys into   So what kind of music are you guys into EmptyWed Jan 19, 2011 10:19 am

I generally listen to about anything, but know specific songs more so than I do bands.

My primary genres are:

* New Wave
* Heavy Metal
* Hair Metal
* Alternative
* Movie/Game Scores

The least favorite genres are probably rap, and country. Though, I can listen to them. I prefer old school 1980's rap to the current crop though.
Back to top Go down
Uzigon

Uzigon

PostSubject: Re: So what kind of music are you guys into   So what kind of music are you guys into EmptyWed Jan 19, 2011 10:19 am

Lately, being winter and all... death metal, speed metal, and goregrind.

Taking a quick scroll through the iPod, here's the top 25:

Death
Slayer
Nunslaughter
Toxic Holocaust
Rotten Sound
Regurgitate
Sodom
Deicide
Suffocation
Cannibal Corpse
Cliteater
General Surgery
Vital Remains
Atheist
Mastodon
Anal Blast
Origin
Venom
Soilent Green
Morbid Angel
Aborted
Cattle Decapitation
Gruesome Stuff Relish
Dying Fetus
Back to top Go down
Cactus_Matt

Cactus_Matt

PostSubject: Re: So what kind of music are you guys into   So what kind of music are you guys into EmptyWed Jan 19, 2011 10:25 am

I have a very eclectic music taste, some of my favourite bands are:

a-ha
Suede
Radiohead
My Chemical Romance
Coldplay
My Dying Bride
Cradle of Filth
The Used
Lydia
Duran Duran
Disturbed
Muse
Slipknot
Stone Sour
Opeth
Chris Isaak
The Dear Hunter
Marilyn Manson
Nine Inch Nails

I could name a hundred more...

Last edited by Cactus_Matt on Wed Jan 19, 2011 10:28 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
MagnaRyu

MagnaRyu

PostSubject: Re: So what kind of music are you guys into   So what kind of music are you guys into EmptyWed Jan 19, 2011 10:26 am

Im into alot of music, ranging from Classical to Industrial.

My favorite bands are CellDweller and Blue Stahli for Industrial

I have a lot of groups i listen to from Japan and Korea. (Yes I'm male and I am a Gackt fan, big whoop wanna fight about it?)

Any of the groups or singers from the 30s to the mid 90s I listen to them.
Back to top Go down
A Cockatrice

A Cockatrice

PostSubject: Re: So what kind of music are you guys into   So what kind of music are you guys into EmptyWed Jan 19, 2011 10:41 am

I got a pretty wide taste in music. My favorite genre of all time is straight up rock, but I do enjoy old school hip-hop, rap, metal, old country, and some pop.

Classic rock: Led Zeppelin, The Doors, Rolling Stones, The Jimmy Hendrix Experience, Jefferson Airplane, The Who, Grateful Dead, Blue Oyster Cult, Thin Lizzy, and Lynyrd Skynyrd

80's rock: Def Leppard, Van Halen, Motley Crue, Scorpions, Tesla, Rush, and Journey

Modern Rock: Wolfmother, Faith No More, Soundgarden, and Audioslave

Metal: Iron Maiden, Judas Priest, Black Sabbath, Metallica (first 4 Albums), Megadeth, Slayer, Pantera, Fantomas, and Exhorder

Experimental: Tomahawk, and Mr. Bungle

Pop/disco/electronic: Men without Hats, Peeping Tom, Village People (guilty pleasure) and Dead or Alive

Rap: N.W.A. (except for Dr. Dre), Rage against the Machine, Beastie Boys, Wu Tang Clan, and Lifeseeker

Old school hip-hop: Sugar Hill Gang, Kurtis Blow, MC Hammer, and Afrika Bambaataa

Country: Hank Williams Sr., Willie Nelson, Johnny Cash, Merle Haggard, Waylon Jennings, and Johnny Paycheck.
Back to top Go down
Entertainer13

Entertainer13

PostSubject: Re: So what kind of music are you guys into   So what kind of music are you guys into EmptyWed Jan 19, 2011 10:43 am

My favorite band is the Barenaked Ladies, though their most recent album was disappointing.

I list to rock, classic rock, heavy metal, punk, classical (Baroque especially), a limited selection of pop, prog, jazz, folk, and dabble in limited Country if Lucinda Williams counts.
Back to top Go down
http://www.centurycitygames.com/
WrecklessEating

WrecklessEating

PostSubject: Re: So what kind of music are you guys into   So what kind of music are you guys into EmptyWed Jan 19, 2011 10:45 am

Mostly rock. Here are a few of my favs.

Revis
Shinedown
Seether
System Of A Down
Hurt
The Beatles
Rolling Stones
Back to top Go down
guudermann

guudermann

PostSubject: Re: So what kind of music are you guys into   So what kind of music are you guys into EmptyWed Jan 19, 2011 12:57 pm

Oh hard to say. Mostly rock, all kinds of different genres though, from Celtic punk to classic rock to Britpop to stoner rock. Actually those four genres cover it pretty well, although I listen to a lot of other stuff whenever the mood strikes me.
Back to top Go down
http://jbsrandomthoughts.wordpress.com
DarthThought

DarthThought

PostSubject: Re: So what kind of music are you guys into   So what kind of music are you guys into EmptyWed Jan 19, 2011 1:00 pm

Really and truly i like anything and everything but off the top of my head

Otep
Gojira
Judas Priest
Iron Maiden
Ozzy
Nox Arcana
Cradle of Filth

So yeah, though I listen to pretty much everything my stuff is in the hard rock/metal genre or somewhere there abouts
Back to top Go down
TobyMobias

TobyMobias

PostSubject: Re: So what kind of music are you guys into   So what kind of music are you guys into EmptyWed Jan 19, 2011 1:21 pm

Little bit of everything but screamo and Death Metal (except for Dethklok). I prefer ska, alt. rock, classic rock, New Wave, and hip hop.

Favourite bands: Reel Big Fish, the Beatles, Daft Punk, Gorillaz, General Public, Rick Astley, the Extraordinary Contraptions, the Littlest Man Band, and Ron Wasserman.

And Brad has got me listening to "Believe It or Not" by Joey Scarbury almost daily. : P
Back to top Go down
http://blip.tv/masterpiecefanfic
Eisblut

Eisblut

PostSubject: Re: So what kind of music are you guys into   So what kind of music are you guys into EmptyWed Jan 19, 2011 5:12 pm

Mostly Death Metal, Grindcore, Deathgrind and Black Metal, a little bit of Metalcore and Deathcore.
Oh, and 80s music.Very Happy
Some of my favs are

-Arsis
-Eisregen
-Equilibrium
-Vital Remains
-Die Apokalyptischen Reiter
-Nile
-Cannibal Corpse
-Slayer
-Belphegor
-Naglfar
-Sodom
-Hypocrisy
-Amon Amarth
-Anaal Nathrakh
-Necrophagia
-Heaven Shall Burn
-Hatebreed
-All Shall Perish
-Ragnarok
-Bloodbath
Back to top Go down
Griff Morivan

PostSubject: Re: So what kind of music are you guys into   So what kind of music are you guys into EmptyWed Jan 19, 2011 5:37 pm

Easier I just say what bands than what types. Although I will say, off the bat, if it's nerdcore, I'll probably dig it. From The Protomen to Duane & Brand0 to Mega Ran to Powerglove, I'm there, man.

Otherwise, I guess I'm one of those weird people who can listen to Eminem, followed by Frank Zappa, followed by Beethoven. Tool/APC, Motorhead, Queen, Musicals (Rent (fuck you, I like Rent) Chicago, Evil Dead (When danger calls, you must have the balls, of an Ox, or Bear, or ANY LARGE MAMMAAAAAAAL!), Sweeney Todd (Prefer some of the stage versions, although it WAS one of Burton's least terrible endeavors.) and others)

I do, however, and I know it's not music, but I spend a hefty portion of my auditory entertainment time listening to stand up comedy. (Which is a thread I suppose I could make, but somehow, I doubt it'd be a varied batch) George Carlin, Richard Pryor, Patton Oswalt, Lewis Black, Louis C.K., David Cross, Stephen Lynch, Bo Burnham, Maria Bamford, Mitch Hedberg, Bill Hicks, and a smattering of others.
Back to top Go down
http://www.Morivanism.wordpress.com
New Blood

New Blood

PostSubject: Re: So what kind of music are you guys into   So what kind of music are you guys into EmptyWed Jan 19, 2011 7:42 pm

Metal, Outlaw Country, Blues, Motown, 80s Pop, Industrial.
Back to top Go down
Screwadu

Screwadu

PostSubject: Re: So what kind of music are you guys into   So what kind of music are you guys into EmptyWed Jan 19, 2011 7:57 pm

Pretty much everything from 1987-1992 was AWESOME. 1989 specifically was touched by the hand of God. - if God touched things and made them AWESOME.
Back to top Go down
http://thetexasunderground.blogspot.com/
Scooter Hawk

Scooter Hawk

PostSubject: Re: So what kind of music are you guys into   So what kind of music are you guys into EmptyWed Jan 19, 2011 8:06 pm

Ah music. Boy, do I love it. It's my life. There's a wide range of music that I like. It ranges from the 70's, 80's, 90's, and some of the 2000's, but nothing new to this decade. It just sucks. I also like classical music. I'm mostly an 80's music kind of dude. I grew up on Michael Jackson, Lionel Richie, and Phil Collins. I could go on & on about music. I just love it. Without music, life would be really dull.
Back to top Go down
http://scootermikepresents.tumblr.com/
thegormer

thegormer

PostSubject: Re: So what kind of music are you guys into   So what kind of music are you guys into EmptyWed Jan 19, 2011 10:07 pm

I am shocked at all the metal fans here. I thought I'd be the only one. I'm more of a thrash fan myself, although I do enjoy death, black, grind, etc. My favorite current band is Toxic Holocaust, who I just saw the other night in Dayton.

Honestly, I'm very well rounded. My music collection ranges from Cannibal Corpse to Kelly Clarkson.
Back to top Go down
Tommy Wiseau

Tommy Wiseau

PostSubject: Re: So what kind of music are you guys into   So what kind of music are you guys into EmptyWed Jan 19, 2011 11:18 pm

Classic rock and metal mostly - Jimi Hendrix, Queen, The Beatles, Rush, Deep Purple, Mastodon, The Doors, The Who, old Metallica, old Megadeth, and old Cannibal Corpse.

Oh, and I could listen to the Twin Peaks soundtrack for days and days.
Back to top Go down
The Original Greaser Bob

The Original Greaser Bob

PostSubject: Re: So what kind of music are you guys into   So what kind of music are you guys into EmptyWed Jan 19, 2011 11:58 pm

Loxx O))) wrote:

Myself, I'm into doom, sludge, and black metal. I'm big into music. Some of my favorite bands would include:

Kylesa
Electric Wizard
Sunn O)))

Most excellent.
Back to top Go down
TK6530

TK6530

PostSubject: Re: So what kind of music are you guys into   So what kind of music are you guys into EmptyThu Jan 20, 2011 12:01 am

I like the "weirdest" kind of music. If it's not mainstream better I guess. But I won't just like anything because it's not mainstream, my likes just happen to be different from most, that's all.

As for the mainstream I do like there is probably The Ramones and Queen.

I also like classical, and Daniel Baremboim is probably my favourite musician.

How could you not like this:

Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1169421867#!/profile.php?
The Original Greaser Bob

The Original Greaser Bob

PostSubject: Re: So what kind of music are you guys into   So what kind of music are you guys into EmptyThu Jan 20, 2011 12:09 am

Lets see...it's probaby easier to just give a list of some of my favorite musicians than to try to boil down my tastes to one or two genres, so in no particular order:

• Bob Dylan
  • Boris
  • Electric Wizard
  • Frank Zappa and the Mothers of Invention
  • Goblin
  • The Beatles
  • King Crimson
  • Om
  • Sleep
  • The Specials
  • Yasushi Ishii
  • Phil Ochs

Back to top Go down
Loxx O)))

Loxx O)))

PostSubject: Re: So what kind of music are you guys into   So what kind of music are you guys into EmptyThu Jan 20, 2011 12:44 am

Boris is some good stuff. That cd with Sunn O))) was quite nice.

Other people have posted really good stuff but that's just one I felt like commenting back on. Razz Another band that I've been on a huge kick of is Serpentcult. Delightful little doom band with clean vocals.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: So what kind of music are you guys into   So what kind of music are you guys into Empty

Back to top Go down

So what kind of music are you guys into
Page 1 of 6Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next