The Cinema Snob
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pierre Kirby Approved.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

The Worst Movie You Have Seen While Actually Being in the Theater

Go down 
+23
Benjamin-J
obin_gam
IAKO
UnknownKadath
A Cockatrice
Son Of Jack Deth
MonkeyMan
relauby
Bassbait
Frank Rizzo
PCDOS
Azarias Kale
KingLDub
Tommy Wiseau
Entertainer13
The Original Greaser Bob
bloodypitofhorror
Duckman
Cactus_Matt
Deadpool
oneyedjohn
Mondo a Go-Go
Eckertmania
27 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
The Original Greaser Bob

The Original Greaser Bob

The Worst Movie You Have Seen While Actually Being in the Theater - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Worst Movie You Have Seen While Actually Being in the Theater   The Worst Movie You Have Seen While Actually Being in the Theater - Page 2 EmptyWed Feb 02, 2011 8:41 am

Mondo a Go-Go wrote:
The Dude wrote:
Mondo a Go-Go wrote:
The Dude wrote:
Azarias Kale wrote:
Tommy Wiseau, I didn't even need to make fun of Alice In Wonderland, it was making fun of itself. Tim Burton should not do anything that isn't his idea first and even then, he needs to stop being so damn... Tim Burton about things.
Ed Wood is the exception to that rule.
Probably because the idea was to make an Ed Wood movie about Ed Wood, not a Tim Burton movie. I think the main problem with a lot of his recent output is that it seems almost a a caricature of the "Tim Burton" style, so it's just dumb.
I would disagree; I find Ed Wood to be a very Burton-esque (if I may use that term) movie, just in a more subdued way. You don't get the overdone, Burtony sets and designs you would with Alice or Charlie and the Chocolate Factory, but the quirks come across in the characters themselves. Admittedly, much of this has to do with the cast delivery amazing performances, but I find that Burton conveys a great amount of his own personality with his characters in Ed Wood.
His personality does show, but not in an overbearing, "Look at me! This is my movie!" way like in the more current films. It's Burton through and through, but it doesn't make that it's sole point. Charlie in particular just felt like an ego trip to me.
I didn't really get the sense that Charlie was an ego boost, I just thought it was a thoroughly terrible film all on it's own.
Back to top Go down
Frank Rizzo

Frank Rizzo

The Worst Movie You Have Seen While Actually Being in the Theater - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Worst Movie You Have Seen While Actually Being in the Theater   The Worst Movie You Have Seen While Actually Being in the Theater - Page 2 EmptyWed Feb 02, 2011 8:46 am

Worst movie I saw while actually in the theater? Probably a tie between Easy A and Little Fockers.
Back to top Go down
Bassbait

Bassbait

PostSubject: Re: The Worst Movie You Have Seen While Actually Being in the Theater   The Worst Movie You Have Seen While Actually Being in the Theater - Page 2 EmptyTue Feb 08, 2011 11:07 am

Here are the top two, in equal amount of annoyance:

Epic Movie. Ugh. Not funny. Kind of awkward.

Inception. Too much exposition, leaving NOTHING to the imagination, adding boring action scenes, annoying characters, "shaky camera" visuals. What absolute crap. That film really annoyed me. I came out of the theater MAKING FUN of the movie, it was just laughably bad. And the scary part is that the people around me probably thought that it was super smart and well made. I hate Inception.
Back to top Go down
Tommy Wiseau

Tommy Wiseau

PostSubject: Re: The Worst Movie You Have Seen While Actually Being in the Theater   The Worst Movie You Have Seen While Actually Being in the Theater - Page 2 EmptyTue Feb 08, 2011 5:08 pm

Bassbait wrote:

Inception. Too much exposition, leaving NOTHING to the imagination, adding boring action scenes, annoying characters, "shaky camera" visuals. What absolute crap. That film really annoyed me. I came out of the theater MAKING FUN of the movie, it was just laughably bad. And the scary part is that the people around me probably thought that it was super smart and well made. I hate Inception.

I find it disturbing you have a more scathing opinion of Inception than Epic Movie.
Back to top Go down
Bassbait

Bassbait

PostSubject: Re: The Worst Movie You Have Seen While Actually Being in the Theater   The Worst Movie You Have Seen While Actually Being in the Theater - Page 2 EmptyWed Feb 09, 2011 2:17 am

Tommy Wiseau wrote:
Bassbait wrote:

I find it disturbing you have a more scathing opinion of Inception than Epic Movie.

I'm more insulted by films that are widely considered good, but I don't enjoy.

Epic Movie was a film where I knew it was going to suck, and everybody pretty much agrees that it sucks. But if I say I don't like Inception, I'm some sort of demon or troll, just because I don't like a film that they do.

I hate Inception. It's that simple. Epic Movie blew over quickly, but Inception is considered BEST OF THE YEAR. Why would I hate Epic Movie more if hardly anybody even talks about it?
Back to top Go down
The Original Greaser Bob

The Original Greaser Bob

PostSubject: Re: The Worst Movie You Have Seen While Actually Being in the Theater   The Worst Movie You Have Seen While Actually Being in the Theater - Page 2 EmptyWed Feb 09, 2011 3:13 am

Bassbait wrote:
Tommy Wiseau wrote:
Bassbait wrote:

So you're insulted by people who's opinions differ from your own?
Back to top Go down
Bassbait

Bassbait

PostSubject: Re: The Worst Movie You Have Seen While Actually Being in the Theater   The Worst Movie You Have Seen While Actually Being in the Theater - Page 2 EmptyWed Feb 09, 2011 8:16 am

The Dude wrote:
Bassbait wrote:
Tommy Wiseau wrote:
Bassbait wrote:

Not by the people or their opinions. No. The movie itself. Was that not clear? I'm saying, I don't like Inception because, first of all, it was a bad movie, and secondly, everybody else keeps bringing it up and forcing me to explain my position all of the time. I'm not allowed to dislike an extremely popular movie while near my friends. I can quickly see through movies with plot holes, and for a film that spends the first half hour or even more setting up the rules of the film so as to avoid any plot holes, it sure does have a LOT of plot holes. The most obvious one is "if Cobb can't go to America, then why doesn't he just have his kids come to him?", but that's just scraping the top of the pile. I don't like films that are poorly written, and I don't like films that get away with that. The reason Quentin Tarantino is my least favorite director is because he gets away with it for every movie he makes. It's just a personal opinion, but I don't like any of his films. Nolan, I can enjoy if I shut my brain off, but when it's a film that pretends like it's supposed to make you think, I can't help but NOT enjoy it.
Back to top Go down
Frank Rizzo

Frank Rizzo

PostSubject: Re: The Worst Movie You Have Seen While Actually Being in the Theater   The Worst Movie You Have Seen While Actually Being in the Theater - Page 2 EmptyWed Feb 09, 2011 8:18 am

Bassbait wrote:
The Dude wrote:
Bassbait wrote:
Tommy Wiseau wrote:
Bassbait wrote:

Not by the people or their opinions. No. The movie itself. Was that not clear? I'm saying, I don't like Inception because, first of all, it was a bad movie, and secondly, everybody else keeps bringing it up and forcing me to explain my position all of the time. I'm not allowed to dislike an extremely popular movie while near my friends. I can quickly see through movies with plot holes, and for a film that spends the first half hour or even more setting up the rules of the film so as to avoid any plot holes, it sure does have a LOT of plot holes. The most obvious one is "if Cobb can't go to America, then why doesn't he just have his kids come to him?", but that's just scraping the top of the pile. I don't like films that are poorly written, and I don't like films that get away with that. The reason Quentin Tarantino is my least favorite director is because he gets away with it for every movie he makes. It's just a personal opinion, but I don't like any of his films. Nolan, I can enjoy if I shut my brain off, but when it's a film that pretends like it's supposed to make you think, I can't help but NOT enjoy it.

Oh man, Pulp Fiction and Inglorious Basterds were two great movies.
Back to top Go down
The Original Greaser Bob

The Original Greaser Bob

PostSubject: Re: The Worst Movie You Have Seen While Actually Being in the Theater   The Worst Movie You Have Seen While Actually Being in the Theater - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 10, 2011 9:22 am

Bassbait wrote:
The Dude wrote:
Bassbait wrote:
Tommy Wiseau wrote:
Bassbait wrote:

While I contest your statements on tarantion, and question his relevance in the point you're making, I will agree with many of your statements about Inception. I just found fault with your original statement because it gave the impression that you were actually insulted by the fact that other people enjoyed a movie that you did not.
Back to top Go down
relauby

relauby

PostSubject: Re: The Worst Movie You Have Seen While Actually Being in the Theater   The Worst Movie You Have Seen While Actually Being in the Theater - Page 2 EmptySat Feb 12, 2011 9:39 pm

I generally actually avoid movies that look bad, at the theatres at least, so I'd have to say Spiderman 3 is the worst movie I've ever seen in the theatres, but I really, really hated that movie. They fucked Venom up so bad.

By the way, I agree with the Inception complaints above. It felt like it was trying too hard to be smart and unique. I didn't hate it, but it kinda bugged me. And I do really enjoy Nolan movies (Memento is one of my favorite movies).
Back to top Go down
Tommy Wiseau

Tommy Wiseau

PostSubject: Re: The Worst Movie You Have Seen While Actually Being in the Theater   The Worst Movie You Have Seen While Actually Being in the Theater - Page 2 EmptySat Feb 12, 2011 10:10 pm

Another horrible movie I saw in theatres was Terminator Salvation, which I think is the worst in the series.
Back to top Go down
Frank Rizzo

Frank Rizzo

PostSubject: Re: The Worst Movie You Have Seen While Actually Being in the Theater   The Worst Movie You Have Seen While Actually Being in the Theater - Page 2 EmptySat Feb 12, 2011 10:28 pm

Tommy Wiseau wrote:
Another horrible movie I saw in theatres was Terminator Salvation, which I think is the worst in the series.

Agreed.
Back to top Go down
MonkeyMan

PostSubject: Re: The Worst Movie You Have Seen While Actually Being in the Theater   The Worst Movie You Have Seen While Actually Being in the Theater - Page 2 EmptyMon Feb 14, 2011 12:56 pm

Recent experiences would include Skyline or Twilight - But as for overall worst movie I've seen in a theater? Tough call.
Back to top Go down
The Original Greaser Bob

The Original Greaser Bob

PostSubject: Re: The Worst Movie You Have Seen While Actually Being in the Theater   The Worst Movie You Have Seen While Actually Being in the Theater - Page 2 EmptyMon Feb 14, 2011 1:10 pm

Relauby wrote:
I generally actually avoid movies that look bad, at the theatres at least, so I'd have to say Spiderman 3 is the worst movie I've ever seen in the theatres, but I really, really hated that movie. They fucked Venom up so bad.
I blame the fans for that, as he wasn't fucking planned to be in it in the first place, and only appeared in response to fan-pressure.
Back to top Go down
Son Of Jack Deth

Son Of Jack Deth

PostSubject: Re: The Worst Movie You Have Seen While Actually Being in the Theater   The Worst Movie You Have Seen While Actually Being in the Theater - Page 2 EmptyMon Feb 14, 2011 2:36 pm

The Avengers movie-That one was painful to watch.

Knock Off-Jean Claude Van Damme at his finest. We walked out half way through.

Scary Movie-Not even slightly funny. We walked out of this one as well.
Back to top Go down
A Cockatrice

A Cockatrice

PostSubject: Re: The Worst Movie You Have Seen While Actually Being in the Theater   The Worst Movie You Have Seen While Actually Being in the Theater - Page 2 EmptyTue Feb 15, 2011 7:54 am

Son Of Jack Deth wrote:

You don't like Van Damme, or was it Rob Schneider that ruined the movie?
Back to top Go down
Son Of Jack Deth

Son Of Jack Deth

PostSubject: Re: The Worst Movie You Have Seen While Actually Being in the Theater   The Worst Movie You Have Seen While Actually Being in the Theater - Page 2 EmptyTue Feb 15, 2011 8:23 am

A Cockatrice wrote:
Son Of Jack Deth wrote:

You don't like Van Damme, or was it Rob Schneider that ruined the movie?

That film was pre-ruined. Nothing was good about that sticker.
Back to top Go down
UnknownKadath

UnknownKadath

Location : I live in my namesake, of course!.. Okay, in real life - Japan.

PostSubject: Re: The Worst Movie You Have Seen While Actually Being in the Theater   The Worst Movie You Have Seen While Actually Being in the Theater - Page 2 EmptySun Feb 20, 2011 3:52 am

One time, my aunt and my 3 younger cousins were in town. We went to a theatre and split up; the oldest of the cousins went to see "Anacondas" I think on his own. The other two were younger (One was 6 and one was 10) and she didn't want them in the theatre alone, and the second Alex (The 6 year old) said he wanted to see "Baby Geniuses 2" my aunt rushed in with Jake (The 10 year old) to see whatever it was he wanted to watch, sticking me with Baby Geniuses 2.

Ugh. ugh. ughhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh. I wish to god he hadn't picked that, his other choice was The Incredibles but Baby Geniuses 2 started 30 minutes earlier, so he picked that. Dammit! I could've been watching Pixar that day. I took some valium to try and sleep, but it didn't work. Oi oi oi.

A close second would be a movie shown at the midnight movie theatre where I work called "Chaos." I already detest films like that (Rape movies), but that film literally made me ill. It was stupid of me to keep focusing on it, I could easily just pop out my book and read while occasionally making sure the projector wasn't on fire or going haywire (Hey that rhymed) but I actually stared up at most of it just to see how far they would go. Curisoity killed the cat, and I became very angry. I always get angry when I see movies so foul and putrid, and "Chaos" made it worse by actually glamourizing the eponymous Chaos character to a mild degree; being the only survivor and portrayed in a 'Macho bad-ass' sort of way, he was still recognized as evil but the movie somehow expected us to root for him like we might Jason. I simply can't do that though when we're talking about a fucking rapist. I may not be a fan of its clear inspiration (Or rather, the movie it ripped off blatantly) "The Last house on the Left," but at least "Last house on the Left" had some form of undertone with the vigilantism and didn't feel like it was turning the rapists into goddamn anti-heroes. I actually would consider this worse than Baby Geniuses 2, had it not been for the fact that I did still pop out my book for parts of it - in fact while I still heard more than I would have liked to, when the rape began I popped my book out. I had to see every second of BG2 though bluhh.

Back to top Go down
relauby

relauby

PostSubject: Re: The Worst Movie You Have Seen While Actually Being in the Theater   The Worst Movie You Have Seen While Actually Being in the Theater - Page 2 EmptySun Feb 20, 2011 4:37 am

The Dude wrote:
Relauby wrote:
I blame the fans for that, as he wasn't fucking planned to be in it in the first place, and only appeared in response to fan-pressure.

Yeah, I know, but I still blame the filmmakers partially. I mean, just because lots of people wanted him in there doesn't mean he had to be. They should have seen that the movie was too crowded and taken out one of their ideas or just said "Sorry, maybe next time guys" and just put Venom in the next movie. Especially in the Superhero genre, I'm sure there are plenty of times the fans really want something that doesn't get put in, so I don't see why it had to be done this time.
Back to top Go down
The Original Greaser Bob

The Original Greaser Bob

PostSubject: Re: The Worst Movie You Have Seen While Actually Being in the Theater   The Worst Movie You Have Seen While Actually Being in the Theater - Page 2 EmptySun Feb 20, 2011 12:39 pm

Relauby wrote:
The Dude wrote:
Relauby wrote:

Yeah, I know, but I still blame the filmmakers partially. I mean, just because lots of people wanted him in there doesn't mean he had to be. They should have seen that the movie was too crowded and taken out one of their ideas or just said "Sorry, maybe next time guys" and just put Venom in the next movie. Especially in the Superhero genre, I'm sure there are plenty of times the fans really want something that doesn't get put in, so I don't see why it had to be done this time.
They coudln't put him in the next movie because they knew ahead of time that there wouldn't be one.
Back to top Go down
relauby

relauby

PostSubject: Re: The Worst Movie You Have Seen While Actually Being in the Theater   The Worst Movie You Have Seen While Actually Being in the Theater - Page 2 EmptySun Feb 20, 2011 6:29 pm

The Dude wrote:
Relauby wrote:
The Dude wrote:
Relauby wrote:

They coudln't put him in the next movie because they knew ahead of time that there wouldn't be one.
I thought Spiderman 4 was planned to go ahead for a little while, and was cancelled partially into pre-production?
Back to top Go down
The Original Greaser Bob

The Original Greaser Bob

PostSubject: Re: The Worst Movie You Have Seen While Actually Being in the Theater   The Worst Movie You Have Seen While Actually Being in the Theater - Page 2 EmptyMon Feb 21, 2011 12:51 am

Relauby wrote:
The Dude wrote:
Relauby wrote:
The Dude wrote:
Relauby wrote:

I thought Spiderman 4 was planned to go ahead for a little while, and was cancelled partially into pre-production?
Spider-Man 4 was indeed planned, but was canceled while Spider-Man 3 was still being made.
Back to top Go down
Son Of Jack Deth

Son Of Jack Deth

PostSubject: Re: The Worst Movie You Have Seen While Actually Being in the Theater   The Worst Movie You Have Seen While Actually Being in the Theater - Page 2 EmptyMon Feb 21, 2011 1:20 am

The Dude wrote:
Relauby wrote:
The Dude wrote:
Relauby wrote:
The Dude wrote:
Relauby wrote:

Spider-Man 4 was indeed planned, but was canceled while Spider-Man 3 was still being made.

This whole story was in one of the major movie magazines, but I have no access to that so here is the story copied:

In 2007, Spider-Man 4 entered development, with Raimi attached to direct and Maguire, Dunst and other cast members set to reprise their roles. Both a fourth and a fifth movie were planned and at one time the idea of shooting the two sequels concurrently was under consideration. However, Raimi stated in March 2009 that only the fourth film was in development at that time and that if there were fifth and sixth films, those two films would actually be a continuation of each other. James Vanderbilt was hired in October 2007 to pen the screenplay after initial reports in early 2007 that Sony Pictures was in contact with David Koepp, who wrote the first Spider-Man film. The script was subsequently rewritten by Pulitzer-winning playwright David Lindsay-Abaire and rewritten again by Gary Ross in October 2009. Sony also engaged Vanderbilt to write scripts for Spider-Man 5 and Spider-Man 6.
In 2007, Raimi expressed interest in portraying the transformation of Dr. Curt Connors into his villainous alter-ego, the Lizard; the character's actor Dylan Baker and producer Grant Curtis were also enthusiastic about the idea. Raimi also discussed his desire to upgrade Bruce Campbell from a cameo appearance to a significant role. It was reported in December 2009 that John Malkovich was in negotiations to play Vulture and that Anne Hathaway would play Felicia Hardy, though she would not have transformed into the Black Cat as in the comics. Instead, Raimi's Felicia was expected to become a brand-new superpowered figure called the Vulturess.
Sony Pictures announced in January 2010 that plans for Spider-Man 4 had been cancelled due to Raimi's withdrawal from the project. Raimi reportedly ended his participation due to his doubt that he could meet the planned May 6, 2011 release date while at the same time upholding the film creatively.
Back to top Go down
relauby

relauby

PostSubject: Re: The Worst Movie You Have Seen While Actually Being in the Theater   The Worst Movie You Have Seen While Actually Being in the Theater - Page 2 EmptyMon Feb 21, 2011 1:32 am

The Dude wrote:
Relauby wrote:
The Dude wrote:
Relauby wrote:
The Dude wrote:
Relauby wrote:
Oh, ok then. Still, I'll always blame the filmmakers because they didn't have to put him in, and if they did they could have at least taken somebody else out or something.
Back to top Go down
Son Of Jack Deth

Son Of Jack Deth

PostSubject: Re: The Worst Movie You Have Seen While Actually Being in the Theater   The Worst Movie You Have Seen While Actually Being in the Theater - Page 2 EmptyMon Feb 21, 2011 2:04 am

Relauby wrote:
The Dude wrote:
Relauby wrote:
The Dude wrote:
Relauby wrote:
The Dude wrote:
Relauby wrote:
Oh, ok then. Still, I'll always blame the filmmakers because they didn't have to put him in, and if they did they could have at least taken somebody else out or something.

Hey bud, read the post just above yours and you'll see that Spiderman 4 was cancelled quite a bit after Spiderman 3 came out.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Worst Movie You Have Seen While Actually Being in the Theater   The Worst Movie You Have Seen While Actually Being in the Theater - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

The Worst Movie You Have Seen While Actually Being in the Theater
Page 2 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next