Pierre Kirby Approved.

HomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

The Worst Movie You Have Seen While Actually Being in the Theater

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
AuthorMessage
Tykittaa

PostSubject: Re: The Worst Movie You Have Seen While Actually Being in the Theater   Fri Jul 08, 2011 7:26 am

The Dude wrote:
Tykittaa wrote:
Rob Zombie's Halloween remake.

I walked out of the theater so goddamn angry that I called everyone on my phone's contact list, telling them to stay far away.
Did you hate it because of how radically different it was from the original, or just hate it in general?
Both, I think.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
The Original Greaser Bob

PostSubject: Re: The Worst Movie You Have Seen While Actually Being in the Theater   Fri Jul 08, 2011 12:49 pm

Eh, I never saw it. One of my buddies said it was good, though we've butted heads on a few movies in the past, so I can't say i totally trust him.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Son Of Jack Deth

PostSubject: Re: The Worst Movie You Have Seen While Actually Being in the Theater   Fri Jul 08, 2011 1:39 pm

I Am a Knock Off wrote:
Son Of Jack Deth wrote:
A Cockatrice wrote:
Son Of Jack Deth wrote:
Knock Off-Jean Claude Van Damme at his finest. We walked out half way through.

You don't like Van Damme, or was it Rob Schneider that ruined the movie?

That film was pre-ruined. Nothing was good about that sticker.

Ah, shucks, I love that movie! But I guess my bias is pretty obvious considering my username and avatar.

But I honestly think it's a great little action film. The director, Tsui Hark, is already a hyperactive auteur, he's no stranger to working on a shitload of projects at the same time and his style here, like in most of his movies, is unmistakable, but Knock Off is also his most excessive movie by far. There is an expression used in The Cinema of Tsui Hark by Lisa Morton that can be used to describe his body of work perfectly ; "controlled chaos". Well, with Knock Off it seems that the chaos has become uncontrollable and that's fascinating, it's akin to a train-wreck, only Tsui Hark somehow manages to pull it off. Van Damme was starting to become an okay actor by the time the movie was released (seriously, if you watch his filmography in chronological order, you'll see him get better and better up to JCVD where he pulls an amazing performance), but he was also struggling with cocaine problems, both of these aspects kind of shows in the movie and somehow it works and it really fits with his kind of metrosexual, womanizer, dumbass character.

It's also pretty hilarious how the movie continually makes fun of Jean-Claude, we're introduced to his character while he's singing some awfully cheesy Sam Hui canto-pop, he gets repeatedly slapped on the ass with a fish and reacts to this fact with a hilarious expression and by roaring like an animal, he seems to tear up his clothes constantly, etc. Add that to the the crazy camera work, hyper-kinetic directing, inane plot, a tolerable Rob Schneider, the humor, the amazing action choreography by Hong Kong legend Sammo Hung, the theme song by Sparks and you have a delightful action film. And it ends with one of the most stupid and nonsensical exchange I've heard in a movie : "No action movie would be complete without sweat", answered by "It's getting hot here" *cue theme song* (or something along those lines).

It's completely absurd, kitsch, unhinged, it's bat-shit insane, it reeks of coke and I fucking love it! Sorry for the long post, but I had to!

Worst film I've seen in a theater? Bedtime Stories, that was the only screening some friends could attend and they really wanted to see a movie in the theater. Awful kid flick.

Sorry I didn't follow up on this. I simply forget from time to time what threads I posted in.

I love Tsui Hark's work in China and actually collect his movies from the golden age of Hong Kong (the 90's). Films like Pistol Opera Blues, Swordsman II, and Zu Warriors From The Magic Mountain are all worth checking out. But I haven't enjoyed even one of his American movies. I'm glad you like Knock Off, and would never say you were wrong for doing so. But there isn't even a single minute in that movie that could ever make me say a single kind word. Now Tsui has made a film called Detective Dee back in China and I loved it. So I was and continue to be a fan of his work.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Worst Movie You Have Seen While Actually Being in the Theater   

Back to top Go down

The Worst Movie You Have Seen While Actually Being in the Theater
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 4 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4