Pierre Kirby Approved.

HomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

Best & Worst Tim Burton Movies I've Seen

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Otaku4Life

PostSubject: Best & Worst Tim Burton Movies I've Seen   Tue Mar 11, 2014 10:07 pm

Here's a list of the best & worst Tim Burton movies I've seen.

Best:
"Vincent" (his ultimate masterpiece)
"Nightmare Before Christmas"
"Ed Wood"
"Sweeney Todd"
"Sleepy Hollow"
"Batman"
"Edward Scissorhands"
"Beetlejuice"
"Pee Wee's Big Adventure"

Worst:
"Planet of the Apes" (his epic failure)
"Big Fish"
"Alice in Wonderland"
"Charlie and the Chocolate Factory"
"Dark Shadows"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ChaosTheory

PostSubject: Re: Best & Worst Tim Burton Movies I've Seen   Wed Mar 12, 2014 3:08 am

Loved:
ED WOOD
PEE WEE'S BIG ADVENTURE
BEETLUICE
VINCENT
NIGHTMARE BEFORE XMAS

Liked:
BIG FISH
EDWARD SCISSORHANDS
SLEEPY HOLLOW
MARS ATTACKS
BATMAN/BATMAN RETURNS

Meh:
SWEENEY TODD

Hated:
DARK SHADOWS
ALICE IN WONDERLAND

Really Hated:
CHARLIE & THE CHOCOLATE FACTORY
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://anxietycloset.storenvy.com
80'sDavid

PostSubject: Re: Best & Worst Tim Burton Movies I've Seen   Wed Mar 12, 2014 6:02 am

Tim Burton's one of those directors who I've never really actively followed, rather I've just come upon his films by chance, or in the case of some of his older material, It's just always been there.

That said, I certainly do adore some of his films and they would be:
Batman
Edward Scissor Hands
Ed Wood
Beetle Juice

Then the one's I recall enjoying to an extent:
Nightmare Before Christmas
Sleepy Hollow
Mars Attacks
Batman Returns

The following few would fit into the "meh" category:
Sweeney Todd
Planet of the Apes (I know, I should really hate it, but honestly it was so forgettable that I feel nothing towards it, though that in itself is acknowledgement that it shrivels in the light of the original)

And the one that put me off him:
Charlie and the Chocolate Factory

That last one was a disappointment because I thought of all the modern directors he'd have been able to pull off the somewhat uncomfortable whimsy of that story but I remember leaving the cinema and going straight to the bar in an attempt to drink its foul ghost into the grave.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://thepeoplewholooklikebrianlewis.blogspot.co.uk
wildhoney66

PostSubject: Re: Best & Worst Tim Burton Movies I've Seen   Wed Mar 12, 2014 6:28 am

for me I liked Charlie & the chocolate factor but I don't love it. the father stuff he did with Christopher Lee I like. really only cause I love the actor. that doesn't bother me. what bothers me is really 2 things, 1. Johnny Depp's look and performace he's playing Michael Jackson! who else does it remind you of? and the 2nd thing is the kids, with the exception of Charlie, all the kids were little shits, he fucked on that too.

as for Dark Shadows. it's my 2nd favorite show of all time. the original show that is. I dunno what I would have thought of it if I had seen it in the theatre. but since I didn't and I went in knowing it was a comedy and only had a few things that had anything to do with the original show. I surprisingly enjoyed it. I don't love it mind you. I think he had the look right, but the wrong script.

Mars Attacks, I don't mind watching that one once in a blue moon but it's really only cause the FX in it. it's a weak film either way. Sweeny Todd is an ok film. nothing great nothing terrible.

I haven't seen all of his films either.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
perkele

PostSubject: Re: Best & Worst Tim Burton Movies I've Seen   Wed Mar 12, 2014 10:30 pm

Burton movies I've seen:

Beetle Juice: Pretty awesome and innovative. Very Burton -esque before being Burton -esque became a clichee and his style became stagnant.

Batman: I loved this movie as a kid but I've seen it so many times now it has kind of lost it's punch with me. Story could be a bit more focused, but that's an issue I have with almost every Batman movie.

Edward Scissorhands: Okay I guess? Don't remember much about it.

Batman Returns: I almost want to say I'm starting to like this one more than the first Batman. It's so dark and weird and I like it. But it's been a while since I've seen it, maybe I would hate it if I watched it today...

Nightmare Before Christmas: Saw it for the first time last christmas and liked it quite a bit. I'm not into musicals but this worked to an extent.

Ed Wood: Probably Burton's best movie, and the second best of Johnny Depp (my personal favorite is Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas).

Mars Attacks: I haven't seen this one, but I remember seeing like a 5 minute clip of this on TV when I was 4 years old and being scared shitless  Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing 

Charlie and the Chocolate factory: Don't remember anything about it.

Dark Shadows: Fucking dull and forgettable piece of shit. A horror comedy that wasn't funny or scary, mostly just awkward.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Best & Worst Tim Burton Movies I've Seen   

Back to top Go down

Best & Worst Tim Burton Movies I've Seen
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1