The Cinema Snob
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pierre Kirby Approved.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Snobish Heresy

Go down 
+46
80'sDavid
ChaosTheory
Spitfire
NotMarkyMark
wildhoney66
Kayna
Frank Rizzo
Santa Dog II
VonSpyder
AVPGuyver21
Dr. Poqui-chan
bjohn268
AssimanDHI
daipanda
MonkeyMan
Son Of Jack Deth
polygonalchemist
morpheuslow
moonsknight
Entertainer13
IAKO
oneyedjohn
Mondo a Go-Go
TheCinemaCynic
Deadpool
Tommy Wiseau
Eckertmania
Angie Matera
Mother of Invention
ermac
LeperMessiah117
UnholyMephistopheles
relauby
Salim
Admin
tonythe chosen
A Cockatrice
bloodypitofhorror
Cactus_Matt
Tobbii
JustinDP
Second Hand Store
The Original Greaser Bob
Screwadu
Griff Morivan
50 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 9, 10, 11  Next
AuthorMessage
The Original Greaser Bob

The Original Greaser Bob

Snobish Heresy - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Snobish Heresy   Snobish Heresy - Page 6 EmptyThu Feb 10, 2011 9:14 am

I find Sam Raimi's Spiderman Trilogy (Spiderman 3 included) far more satisfying and impressive than Nolan's Batman films.
Back to top Go down
Tommy Wiseau

Tommy Wiseau

PostSubject: Re: Snobish Heresy   Snobish Heresy - Page 6 EmptyThu Feb 10, 2011 9:34 am

The Dude wrote:
I find Sam Raimi's Spiderman Trilogy (Spiderman 3 included) far more satisfying and impressive than Nolan's Batman films.

Is there a Chris Nolan film you like?
Back to top Go down
The Original Greaser Bob

The Original Greaser Bob

PostSubject: Re: Snobish Heresy   Snobish Heresy - Page 6 EmptyFri Feb 11, 2011 7:46 am

Tommy Wiseau wrote:
The Dude wrote:
I find Sam Raimi's Spider-man Trilogy (Spiderman 3 included) far more satisfying and impressive than Nolan's Batman films.

Don't get me wrong, I thought Dark Knight and Inception were good films, just not great, as opposed to Raimi's Spider-man movies which I do legitimately love.
Back to top Go down
Tommy Wiseau

Tommy Wiseau

PostSubject: Re: Snobish Heresy   Snobish Heresy - Page 6 EmptyFri Feb 11, 2011 8:38 am

The Dude wrote:
Tommy Wiseau wrote:
The Dude wrote:
I find Sam Raimi's Spider-man Trilogy (Spiderman 3 included) far more satisfying and impressive than Nolan's Batman films.

Don't get me wrong, I thought Dark Knight and Inception were good films, just not great, as opposed to Raimi's Spider-man movies which I do legitimately love.

I'd probably say the opposite, Spiderman 1 and 2 were both great. I'm with the majority on 3 - hated it. I love me some Nolan, though.
Back to top Go down
The Original Greaser Bob

The Original Greaser Bob

PostSubject: Re: Snobish Heresy   Snobish Heresy - Page 6 EmptyFri Feb 11, 2011 8:53 am

Tommy Wiseau wrote:
The Dude wrote:
Tommy Wiseau wrote:
The Dude wrote:

I'd probably say the opposite, Spiderman 1 and 2 were both great. I'm with the majority on 3 - hated it. I love me some Nolan, though.
Spider-Man 3 was definitely the weakest of the Trilogy, but I still left the theater satisfied. Plus it introduced the series' most complex antagonist in the form of The Sandman, which was a treat for me.
Back to top Go down
moonsknight

PostSubject: Re: Snobish Heresy   Snobish Heresy - Page 6 EmptyFri Feb 11, 2011 4:36 pm

The Dude wrote:
Tommy Wiseau wrote:
The Dude wrote:

Bringing this up purely because it reminded of another one of my own Snobbish Heresies.

I didn't care for "The Dark Knight". The movie ran just too damn long. There were so many points watching it that I thought, "Okay it's almost over, right?". If this had been shorter I might have been able to enjoy it more, but in the last 45 minutes I was just waiting for it to end because I just stopped caring.
Back to top Go down
relauby

relauby

PostSubject: Re: Snobish Heresy   Snobish Heresy - Page 6 EmptySat Feb 12, 2011 12:36 am

I Am a Knock Off wrote:
I found The Coen brothers' True Grit much better than Henry Hathaway's and while John Wayne made a fun Rooster Cogburn, Jeff Bridges made a great Rooster Cogburn (I've met people who really think that's cinematic heresy).

I've heard a lot of people that agree with you there, including myself. I think most people will start to agree as the Coens' True Grit ages, as people seem to have this weird pre-conceived notion that older movies are always a lot better.

Oh, and on a related note, I'm not entirely sure if this should count, but The Big Lebowski is by far my favorite Coen Brothers movie.
Back to top Go down
Tommy Wiseau

Tommy Wiseau

PostSubject: Re: Snobish Heresy   Snobish Heresy - Page 6 EmptySat Feb 12, 2011 12:45 am

Relauby wrote:
I Am a Knock Off wrote:
I found The Coen brothers' True Grit much better than Henry Hathaway's and while John Wayne made a fun Rooster Cogburn, Jeff Bridges made a great Rooster Cogburn (I've met people who really think that's cinematic heresy).

I've heard a lot of people that agree with you there, including myself. I think most people will start to agree as the Coens' True Grit ages, as people seem to have this weird pre-conceived notion that older movies are always a lot better.

Oh, and on a related note, I'm not entirely sure if this should count, but The Big Lebowski is by far my favorite Coen Brothers movie.

Not at all heresy, unless you're one of those weird people that hate Fargo.
Back to top Go down
relauby

relauby

PostSubject: Re: Snobish Heresy   Snobish Heresy - Page 6 EmptySat Feb 12, 2011 12:52 am

Tommy Wiseau wrote:
Relauby wrote:
I Am a Knock Off wrote:

No, Fargo is easily my second favorite (although I haven't seen The Man Who Wasn't There yet).

And to keep contributing to the thread, Jason Takes Manhattan is my favorite Jason movie. Not snobbish, I know, but it fits.
Back to top Go down
Mondo a Go-Go

Mondo a Go-Go

PostSubject: Re: Snobish Heresy   Snobish Heresy - Page 6 EmptySat Feb 12, 2011 1:11 am

Relauby wrote:

And to keep contributing to the thread, Jason Takes Manhattan is my favorite Jason movie. Not snobbish, I know, but it fits.
Mine, too! I actually think it works the best in terms of it's plot structure; 1, 2, and 8 make the perfect series for me.
Back to top Go down
relauby

relauby

PostSubject: Re: Snobish Heresy   Snobish Heresy - Page 6 EmptySat Feb 12, 2011 1:43 am

Mondo a Go-Go wrote:
Relauby wrote:

Mine, too! I actually think it works the best in terms of it's plot structure; 1, 2, and 8 make the perfect series for me.

Actually, Jason 8 is my favorite because it's so bad. It's one of the funniest movies I've ever seen. That's really how I see the entire Friday the 13th series.
Back to top Go down
The Original Greaser Bob

The Original Greaser Bob

PostSubject: Re: Snobish Heresy   Snobish Heresy - Page 6 EmptySat Feb 12, 2011 4:06 am

moonsknight wrote:
The Dude wrote:
Tommy Wiseau wrote:
The Dude wrote:

Bringing this up purely because it reminded of another one of my own Snobbish Heresies.

I didn't care for "The Dark Knight". The movie ran just too damn long. There were so many points watching it that I thought, "Okay it's almost over, right?". If this had been shorter I might have been able to enjoy it more, but in the last 45 minutes I was just waiting for it to end because I just stopped caring.
It's probably a bad sign regardless if you're waiting for a movie to be other. That's why I can argue that the Jackass movies are great films; I'm always sad when one ends, because I want it to keep going.
Back to top Go down
Tommy Wiseau

Tommy Wiseau

PostSubject: Re: Snobish Heresy   Snobish Heresy - Page 6 EmptySat Feb 12, 2011 9:10 am

Relauby wrote:
Tommy Wiseau wrote:
Relauby wrote:
I Am a Knock Off wrote:

No, Fargo is easily my second favorite (although I haven't seen The Man Who Wasn't There yet).

The Man Who Wasn't There was pretty good. There were parts that emphasized too much of the Coen's weirdness, which was disappointing.

Also, if you're a Coen fan, I was wondering if Miller's Crossing or Barton Fink are good, since they were just released on Canadian Netflix.
Back to top Go down
relauby

relauby

PostSubject: Re: Snobish Heresy   Snobish Heresy - Page 6 EmptySat Feb 12, 2011 7:24 pm

Tommy Wiseau wrote:
Relauby wrote:
Tommy Wiseau wrote:
Relauby wrote:
I Am a Knock Off wrote:

The Man Who Wasn't There was pretty good. There were parts that emphasized too much of the Coen's weirdness, which was disappointing.

Also, if you're a Coen fan, I was wondering if Miller's Crossing or Barton Fink are good, since they were just released on Canadian Netflix.

Barton Fink is pretty good, but it is kind of weird. It's a lot better the second time. And I couldn't even get through Miller's Crossing, but a lot of people really seem to like it, so I'm planning on giving it another shot someday.
Back to top Go down
Tommy Wiseau

Tommy Wiseau

PostSubject: Re: Snobish Heresy   Snobish Heresy - Page 6 EmptySat Feb 12, 2011 10:14 pm

Speaking of the Coens, one of my favourite movies of theirs is Burn After Reading.
Back to top Go down
Son Of Jack Deth

Son Of Jack Deth

PostSubject: Re: Snobish Heresy   Snobish Heresy - Page 6 EmptySat Feb 12, 2011 10:27 pm

Miller's Crossing for me (in that I love it). I'm already addicted to 30's, 40's, and 50's noir. So Miller's Crossing is a natural extension of that for me.

I list my snobby thoughts a bit later.

Last edited by Son Of Jack Deth on Mon Feb 14, 2011 2:47 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
relauby

relauby

PostSubject: Re: Snobish Heresy   Snobish Heresy - Page 6 EmptySat Feb 12, 2011 10:30 pm

Tommy Wiseau wrote:
Speaking of the Coens, one of my favourite movies of theirs is Burn After Reading.

That's definitely another favorite of mine. I actually think No Country is really overrated. Javier Bardem is really great, but outside of that I don't think it's that great a movie. The ending really disappointed me.
Back to top Go down
Tommy Wiseau

Tommy Wiseau

PostSubject: Re: Snobish Heresy   Snobish Heresy - Page 6 EmptySat Feb 12, 2011 10:52 pm

Relauby wrote:
Tommy Wiseau wrote:

That's definitely another favorite of mine. I actually think No Country is really overrated. Javier Bardem is really great, but outside of that I don't think it's that great a movie. The ending really disappointed me.

Aww, that's probably my second favourite behind Fargo. I thought it was the most intense of their films. And yeah, Javier Bardem is incredible in it.
Back to top Go down
relauby

relauby

PostSubject: Re: Snobish Heresy   Snobish Heresy - Page 6 EmptySat Feb 12, 2011 11:09 pm

Tommy Wiseau wrote:
Relauby wrote:
Tommy Wiseau wrote:

Aww, that's probably my second favourite behind Fargo. I thought it was the most intense of their films. And yeah, Javier Bardem is incredible in it.
I don't think No Country is a bad movie, it's just not as good as everyone says. But it's fucking amazing anytime Javier Bardem is on screen. But I like a lot of their other movies ahead of it, especially Burn After Reading.
Back to top Go down
Tommy Wiseau

Tommy Wiseau

PostSubject: Re: Snobish Heresy   Snobish Heresy - Page 6 EmptySat Feb 12, 2011 11:27 pm

Relauby wrote:
Tommy Wiseau wrote:
Relauby wrote:
Tommy Wiseau wrote:

I don't think No Country is a bad movie, it's just not as good as everyone says. But it's fucking amazing anytime Javier Bardem is on screen. But I like a lot of their other movies ahead of it, especially Burn After Reading.

Did you like A Serious Man? I was somewhat disappointed by that.
Back to top Go down
relauby

relauby

PostSubject: Re: Snobish Heresy   Snobish Heresy - Page 6 EmptySun Feb 13, 2011 2:27 am

I enjoyed it, but it wasn't great. It felt, I dunno...pointless. I was also really disappointed by Raising Arizona, because I love the Coens and Nic Cage, but it left almost no impact on me. Maybe I need to give it another shot.
Back to top Go down
Tommy Wiseau

Tommy Wiseau

PostSubject: Re: Snobish Heresy   Snobish Heresy - Page 6 EmptySun Feb 13, 2011 2:29 am

I actually have to agree with you on that. It was entertaining, but somewhat throwaway.
Back to top Go down
polygonalchemist

PostSubject: Re: Snobish Heresy   Snobish Heresy - Page 6 EmptySun Feb 13, 2011 4:49 am

Ohh! One more! I enjoyed the hell out of "The Chronicles of Riddick", and the whole Riddick series in general, including the Peter Chung anime short they did and the two video games. I think it's because I'm such a nerd for space opera and pulp fantasy, and I really dug the larger world the movie was setting up. I keep hearing that Vin Diesel is trying to get another movie made, and I so hope he pulls it off.
Back to top Go down
A Cockatrice

A Cockatrice

PostSubject: Re: Snobish Heresy   Snobish Heresy - Page 6 EmptySun Feb 13, 2011 5:34 am

Tommy Wiseau wrote:

I honestly hated that movie. Didn't like the main characters and most of the black humor fell flat on me. Brad Pitt and George Clooney were alright in it though.
Back to top Go down
The Original Greaser Bob

The Original Greaser Bob

PostSubject: Re: Snobish Heresy   Snobish Heresy - Page 6 EmptyMon Feb 14, 2011 1:29 pm

I liked the remake of The Wolfman.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Snobish Heresy   Snobish Heresy - Page 6 Empty

Back to top Go down

Snobish Heresy
Page 6 of 11Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 9, 10, 11  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Cinema Snob :: Other Stuff :: General Discussion-
Jump to: