The Cinema Snob
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pierre Kirby Approved.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Snobish Heresy

Go down 
+46
80'sDavid
ChaosTheory
Spitfire
NotMarkyMark
wildhoney66
Kayna
Frank Rizzo
Santa Dog II
VonSpyder
AVPGuyver21
Dr. Poqui-chan
bjohn268
AssimanDHI
daipanda
MonkeyMan
Son Of Jack Deth
polygonalchemist
morpheuslow
moonsknight
Entertainer13
IAKO
oneyedjohn
Mondo a Go-Go
TheCinemaCynic
Deadpool
Tommy Wiseau
Eckertmania
Angie Matera
Mother of Invention
ermac
LeperMessiah117
UnholyMephistopheles
relauby
Salim
Admin
tonythe chosen
A Cockatrice
bloodypitofhorror
Cactus_Matt
Tobbii
JustinDP
Second Hand Store
The Original Greaser Bob
Screwadu
Griff Morivan
50 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 9, 10, 11  Next
AuthorMessage
ermac

Snobish Heresy - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Snobish Heresy   Snobish Heresy - Page 5 EmptyFri Jan 28, 2011 6:40 am

The Dude wrote:
I've never seen The Godfather.
Hey, me too!
Back to top Go down
The Original Greaser Bob

The Original Greaser Bob

PostSubject: Re: Snobish Heresy   Snobish Heresy - Page 5 EmptyFri Jan 28, 2011 6:41 am

ermac wrote:
The Dude wrote:
I've never seen The Godfather.
Hey, me too!
Oh, thank God. I was starting to think I was the only one.
Back to top Go down
Tommy Wiseau

Tommy Wiseau

PostSubject: Re: Snobish Heresy   Snobish Heresy - Page 5 EmptyFri Jan 28, 2011 6:52 am

I've never seen The Wizard of Oz.
Back to top Go down
bloodypitofhorror

bloodypitofhorror

PostSubject: Re: Snobish Heresy   Snobish Heresy - Page 5 EmptyFri Jan 28, 2011 7:26 am

I've never seen Back to the Future.
Back to top Go down
http://bloodypitofreviews.blogspot.com
Tommy Wiseau

Tommy Wiseau

PostSubject: Re: Snobish Heresy   Snobish Heresy - Page 5 EmptyFri Jan 28, 2011 7:28 am

bloodypitofhorror wrote:

That's not snobbish heresy, that's just plain heresy.
Back to top Go down
ermac

PostSubject: Re: Snobish Heresy   Snobish Heresy - Page 5 EmptyFri Jan 28, 2011 7:31 am

Tommy Wiseau wrote:
bloodypitofhorror wrote:

I have to agree. Go see it. It's the most solid trilogy ever. Its funny, its action packed its story packed. It has everything. Its an awesomely satisfying experience
Back to top Go down
The Original Greaser Bob

The Original Greaser Bob

PostSubject: Re: Snobish Heresy   Snobish Heresy - Page 5 EmptyFri Jan 28, 2011 8:23 am

ermac wrote:
Tommy Wiseau wrote:
bloodypitofhorror wrote:

I have to agree. Go see it. It's the most solid trilogy ever.
More solid than the original Star wars Trilogy?
Back to top Go down
Tommy Wiseau

Tommy Wiseau

PostSubject: Re: Snobish Heresy   Snobish Heresy - Page 5 EmptyFri Jan 28, 2011 8:37 am

The Dude wrote:
More solid than the original Star wars Trilogy?

No, but saying Star Wars is the best trilogy ever is such a cliché.
Back to top Go down
ermac

PostSubject: Re: Snobish Heresy   Snobish Heresy - Page 5 EmptyFri Jan 28, 2011 9:09 am

@TheDude Well, yes and no. It is as a solid trilogy as the original Star Wars, but then again, I don't consider Star Wars a trilogy anymore. Just like Indiana Jones was a pretty solid trilogy and they had to go and nuke the fridge.

Thankfully BTTF is one movie trilogy they won't touch. I hope... You never know what those sickos in Hollywood are thinking of...
Back to top Go down
The Original Greaser Bob

The Original Greaser Bob

PostSubject: Re: Snobish Heresy   Snobish Heresy - Page 5 EmptySat Jan 29, 2011 1:35 am

Tommy Wiseau wrote:
Hey man, a great trilogy is a great trilogy, cliche or not.

ermac wrote:
Just like Indiana Jones was a pretty solid trilogy and they had to go and nuke the fridge.
So, are James Rolfe and I the only ones who didn't hate that movie?
Back to top Go down
IAKO

PostSubject: Re: Snobish Heresy   Snobish Heresy - Page 5 EmptySat Jan 29, 2011 2:06 am

Crash is probably the worst film to ever win an Oscar for Best Movie (and Best Original Screenplay), I can't stand Paul Haggis. Forrest Gump is the most overrated movie of all-time. Inception was just a good movie, nothing more. I think most snobs would agree with these statements, though.

I enjoyed Death Proof more than Planet Terror. I found The Coen brothers' True Grit much better than Henry Hathaway's and while John Wayne made a fun Rooster Cogburn, Jeff Bridges made a great Rooster Cogburn (I've met people who really think that's cinematic heresy). I thought that Die Hard 2 was awful. I didn't think Blazing Saddles was that funny. And I think that Knock Off is Jean-Claude Van Damme's second best movie.
Back to top Go down
Entertainer13

Entertainer13

PostSubject: Re: Snobish Heresy   Snobish Heresy - Page 5 EmptySat Jan 29, 2011 2:38 am

The Dude wrote:
Tommy Wiseau wrote:
Hey man, a great trilogy is a great trilogy, cliche or not.

ermac wrote:
Just like Indiana Jones was a pretty solid trilogy and they had to go and nuke the fridge.

I had fun with Indie 4. The fridge was the only part I disliked... well, that and Shia swinging from vines. Other than that, inoffensive, fun romp.
Back to top Go down
http://www.centurycitygames.com/
ermac

PostSubject: Re: Snobish Heresy   Snobish Heresy - Page 5 EmptySat Jan 29, 2011 2:53 am

The Dude wrote:

I didn't hate it, I just didn't like it. There's a difference. But you have to admit that fridge thing was way over the top.
Back to top Go down
oneyedjohn

oneyedjohn

PostSubject: Re: Snobish Heresy   Snobish Heresy - Page 5 EmptySat Jan 29, 2011 3:58 am

I think I might me one of five people in the universe that the Nuke fridge in Crystal skull didn’t bother. I acutely like Crystal Skull better than Temple of Doom.

Also I Liked Van Hellsing.
Back to top Go down
Tommy Wiseau

Tommy Wiseau

PostSubject: Re: Snobish Heresy   Snobish Heresy - Page 5 EmptySat Jan 29, 2011 4:07 am

I Am a Knock Off wrote:
Forrest Gump is the most overrated movie of all-time.

I'd say second most, since Forrest Gump 2 (AKA Benjamin Button) takes the cake.
Back to top Go down
ermac

PostSubject: Re: Snobish Heresy   Snobish Heresy - Page 5 EmptySat Jan 29, 2011 4:26 am

oneyedjohn wrote:

Also I Liked Van Hellsing.

I really liked that movie. It was pretty fun.
Back to top Go down
A Cockatrice

A Cockatrice

PostSubject: Re: Snobish Heresy   Snobish Heresy - Page 5 EmptySat Jan 29, 2011 9:19 am

I've never seen the original Indiana Jones movies, but seen Kingdom of Crystal Skull.

Also hated Forest Gump, and Tom Hanks in general.
Back to top Go down
Mondo a Go-Go

Mondo a Go-Go

PostSubject: Re: Snobish Heresy   Snobish Heresy - Page 5 EmptySat Jan 29, 2011 10:35 pm

Tommy Wiseau wrote:
I Am a Knock Off wrote:
Forrest Gump is the most overrated movie of all-time.

I'd say second most, since Forrest Gump 2 (AKA Benjamin Button) takes the cake.
Forrest Gump doesn't bother me until the ridiculous and pointless run across America, but Benjamin Button is horrible. It managed to take a cute short story and make it into a dark, three hour study in boredom. No wonder no one talks about it anymore.

As for the Crystal Skull, I didn't hate it, but I didn't love it. I was bored by Raider, Temple of Doom is magnificent, and I have yet to see the Last Crusade, but Crystal Skull was just off. They tried to have a 50s B-movie feel, but it was only invoked in the last few moments, so it didn't work. I do love the scene in the test village, though; very Twilight Zone.
Back to top Go down
IAKO

PostSubject: Re: Snobish Heresy   Snobish Heresy - Page 5 EmptySat Jan 29, 2011 11:22 pm

Mondo a Go-Go wrote:
They tried to have a 50s B-movie feel
They also tried to have some kind of 50s look... which totally did not work. What the hell, Janusz Kaminski? Mix that up with awful CGI and you have one of the ugliest looking flick I've ever seen.

And is it just me or the editing was really off at times? I remember a scene, in the warehouse, where Indiana steals a gun (with his whip, I think) from one of the Russian soldiers and the others just take forever to notice. Or how about that "knife to a gunfight" moment, that was very slow and awkward. Otherwise, I thought it was just kind of mediocre and dumb (double double double cross). But I do applaud the fact that they brought back Karen Allen even if she was almost 60 (weird, considering Hollywood thought us that women over 40 don't exist) and did not introduce 20-years old love interest for Indiana. Oh, and I love the original three, especially Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom. I genuinely like the characters of Willie and Short Round (especially his interactions with Indy). So much fun!
Back to top Go down
moonsknight

PostSubject: Re: Snobish Heresy   Snobish Heresy - Page 5 EmptySun Jan 30, 2011 6:48 am

Tobbii wrote:

I think Final Fantasy: The Spirits Within is a good film.

I thought I was alone in liking this movie. The sad thing really is that if it hadn't had the "Final Fantasy" name attached to it, I doubt it would have gotten nearly the amount of hate it did. The effects in it were stunning for its time and I remember thoroughly enjoying the whole experience when I saw it. Though I really should watch it again, as I believe I was 12 or 13 at the time I saw it. Razz

Um lets see... As a few other people have said, I have also never seen The Godfather.

I enjoyed the recent remake of Charlie and the Chocolate Factory and think Depp did a great job as a childish Wonka, even if he did look a bit weird.
Back to top Go down
The Original Greaser Bob

The Original Greaser Bob

PostSubject: Re: Snobish Heresy   Snobish Heresy - Page 5 EmptySun Jan 30, 2011 9:39 am

ermac wrote:
The Dude wrote:

I didn't hate it, I just didn't like it. There's a difference. But you have to admit that fridge thing was way over the top.
By Indiana Jones standards, not really.
Back to top Go down
Angie Matera

Angie Matera

PostSubject: Re: Snobish Heresy   Snobish Heresy - Page 5 EmptyThu Feb 03, 2011 4:36 am

i think gosford parkwasthe worst film of 2001
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/angelina.matera
morpheuslow

PostSubject: Re: Snobish Heresy   Snobish Heresy - Page 5 EmptyWed Feb 09, 2011 11:37 am

Gosford Park is boring as hell I mean it's got good actors but it just turns into a Luvvy fest
Moulin Rouge is really annoyingly bad and manages to absolutely murder some really great songs also I don't really like Nicole Kidman she's way overrated.
The Others just boring and annoying hated it.
The Spiderman movies I mean the first ones okay but Peter is always annoying in them and there are some bits in 2 and 3 that are extremely silly and make no sense
Back to top Go down
Angie Matera

Angie Matera

PostSubject: Re: Snobish Heresy   Snobish Heresy - Page 5 EmptyWed Feb 09, 2011 6:23 pm

morpheuslow wrote:
Gosford Park is boring as hell I mean it's got good actors but it just turns into a Luvvy fest
Moulin Rouge is really annoyingly bad and manages to absolutely murder some really great songs also I don't really like Nicole Kidman she's way overrated.
The Others just boring and annoying hated it.
The Spiderman movies I mean the first ones okay but Peter is always annoying in them and there are some bits in 2 and 3 that are extremely silly and make no sense
Oh god i cant stand Moulin Rouge with a passion almost as much as Doug Walker hates it. I can't stand Baz Luhrmann at all. And if you look at my other post you know how i feel about the spider man movies(spider man in general hes a lame hero) . Seems like we hate the same popular movies Smile
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/angelina.matera
polygonalchemist

PostSubject: Re: Snobish Heresy   Snobish Heresy - Page 5 EmptyWed Feb 09, 2011 8:30 pm

Wow. reading through this threat so far has made me feel not alone for several things.

I too had fun watching the Star Wars Prequels and Indy 4. Given the choice I'd still much rather watch one of the movies from either of the original trilogies, but I certainly didn't hate any of the new movies. What can I say? I guess George Lucas just didn't find my childhood too attractive.

I managed never to see ET growing up, and when I finally did see it as an adult, I just didn't really care for it all that much. Maybe I just really had to have seen it as a kid.

I liked Godfather 1 and 2 a lot, but I couldn't get into Scarface. I donno, how well it seems to resonate with people seems to depend on their own background I think.

Napoleon Fucking Dynamite was mentioned and I whole-heatedly agree. When I saw it I didn't think too much of it, but it was the annoying following that movie generated that turned my general dislike to hate. Every time I told someone I didn't like it, suddenly the discussion would turn into psycho-analyzing ME to see what's wrong with me for not liking it. Seriously, can't you just call me stupid for "not getting it" and move on like normal snobs?

I really didn't like Brokeback Mountain all that much, despite... *caugh* being in it's target demographic. I thought the relationship that was the whole centerpiece of the movie came off as really shallow. That and the rest of the movie felt pretty slow and uninteresting to me. It was really well shot and acted though, I'll give it that.

Oh yea, I didn't care much for Rocky Horror Picture Show either, and in High School I was totally in the group that typically loved that shit (drama club and everything). Some of the songs are fun, I guess, but I never understood the cult following.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Snobish Heresy   Snobish Heresy - Page 5 Empty

Back to top Go down

Snobish Heresy
Page 5 of 11Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 9, 10, 11  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Cinema Snob :: Other Stuff :: General Discussion-
Jump to: