The Cinema Snob
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pierre Kirby Approved.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Snobish Heresy

Go down 
+46
80'sDavid
ChaosTheory
Spitfire
NotMarkyMark
wildhoney66
Kayna
Frank Rizzo
Santa Dog II
VonSpyder
AVPGuyver21
Dr. Poqui-chan
bjohn268
AssimanDHI
daipanda
MonkeyMan
Son Of Jack Deth
polygonalchemist
morpheuslow
moonsknight
Entertainer13
IAKO
oneyedjohn
Mondo a Go-Go
TheCinemaCynic
Deadpool
Tommy Wiseau
Eckertmania
Angie Matera
Mother of Invention
ermac
LeperMessiah117
UnholyMephistopheles
relauby
Salim
Admin
tonythe chosen
A Cockatrice
bloodypitofhorror
Cactus_Matt
Tobbii
JustinDP
Second Hand Store
The Original Greaser Bob
Screwadu
Griff Morivan
50 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 9, 10, 11  Next
AuthorMessage
bloodypitofhorror

bloodypitofhorror

Snobish Heresy - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Snobish Heresy   Snobish Heresy - Page 3 EmptySat Jan 22, 2011 7:21 am

Tobbii wrote:
I fucking hate the original Halloween. I also don't like The Orphanage, Exorcist or The Blair Witch Project.

This is where I admit something really bad: I liked the remake of Halloween more than the original. And I love Rob Zombie. *ducks from fruit*
Back to top Go down
http://bloodypitofreviews.blogspot.com
The Original Greaser Bob

The Original Greaser Bob

PostSubject: Re: Snobish Heresy   Snobish Heresy - Page 3 EmptySat Jan 22, 2011 7:55 am

UnholyMephistopheles wrote:
Touche.
i like distastefl things its just that i like what i like and i wont be ashamed of what i like but i do like widley ridiculed things like godzilla and gamera and some things which are supposed to be amazing i dont care for like Avatar[/quote]
I was under the impression that in this thread we list things we like that would be guilty pleasure's if we were cinema snobs.

bloodypitofhorror wrote:
And I love Rob Zombie. *ducks from fruit*
Well, I thought The Devil's Rejects was one of the best horror films of the decade, so no fruit-throwing here.
Back to top Go down
bloodypitofhorror

bloodypitofhorror

PostSubject: Re: Snobish Heresy   Snobish Heresy - Page 3 EmptySat Jan 22, 2011 8:15 am

I was more sad when Greg Giraldo died then when I found out about George Carlin.

Also, to further submit that the Cinema Snob will hate me: Sorcerer's Apprentice was one of my favorite movies from last year. I don't care, I just sat there pretending it was a Dresden Files movie.

Last edited by bloodypitofhorror on Sat Jan 22, 2011 8:17 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
UnholyMephistopheles

UnholyMephistopheles

PostSubject: Re: Snobish Heresy   Snobish Heresy - Page 3 EmptySat Jan 22, 2011 9:26 am

The Dude wrote:
UnholyMephistopheles wrote:
Touche.
i like distastefl things its just that i like what i like and i wont be ashamed of what i like but i do like widley ridiculed things like godzilla and gamera and some things which are supposed to be amazing i dont care for like Avatar
I was under the impression that in this thread we list things we like that would be guilty pleasure's if we were cinema snobs.

oh i guess i totally misunderstood the intention of this thread
Back to top Go down
Griff Morivan

PostSubject: Re: Snobish Heresy   Snobish Heresy - Page 3 EmptySat Jan 22, 2011 9:29 am

Rob Zombie - I agree about Devil's Rejects. Awesome movie. But I despise the rest of his work. Seriously, Ho1kC was literally, red filter, titty club, WOOOO MAKING A MOVIE. It was just fucking horrible. Haven't seen his Halloween, don't care for 80s horrors.

Oh.

Heresy! I don't care about 80s Horrors.

@Bloodypit - I do disagree on Giraldo v Carlin, but because I have some serious hero worship for Carlin. Actually, when I found out, I cried my eyes out for like, three days. I literally raised myself on his work, and then listening to his interviews and some of his philosophies on language and society. George Carlin was a father figure to me.

That said, Giraldo was a great comedian, and really, better than comedy central deserved.

Also, in general, it's not guilty pleasures, per say. Just general nerdy things that we wouldn't typically admit. The first page is actually a great example of what we're talking about. Hating Kubrick and hating the lord of the rings, but thinking The Room was pretty funny. Stuff like that.
Back to top Go down
http://www.Morivanism.wordpress.com
The Original Greaser Bob

The Original Greaser Bob

PostSubject: Re: Snobish Heresy   Snobish Heresy - Page 3 EmptySat Jan 22, 2011 9:35 am

Griff Morivan wrote:

@Bloodypit - I do disagree on Giraldo v Carlin, but because I have some serious hero worship for Carlin. Actually, when I found out, I cried my eyes out for like, three days.
I'm with you there man.

Griff Morivan wrote:

Also, in general, it's not guilty pleasures, per say. Just general nerdy things that we wouldn't typically admit. The first page is actually a great example of what we're talking about. Hating Kubrick and hating the lord of the rings, but thinking The Room was pretty funny. Stuff like that.
Well, I do have something that's only kind of movie-related, but is nerdy as all Hell. I once waited over an hour in line to have a titanium statuette of Boba Fett autographed by Jeremy Bullouch, the man who portrayed him.
Back to top Go down
Griff Morivan

PostSubject: Re: Snobish Heresy   Snobish Heresy - Page 3 EmptySat Jan 22, 2011 9:36 am

TITANIUM!?

Jesus, tell me it's small, or that fucker'd weigh a ton.
Back to top Go down
LeperMessiah117

LeperMessiah117

PostSubject: Re: Snobish Heresy   Snobish Heresy - Page 3 EmptySat Jan 22, 2011 9:55 am

I like some terrible movies. Or at least movies that many other people seems to hate, such as "Death to Smootchy", "The Number 23", the American "Grudge" remakes, "Daredevil" and some others, too. But then again, we all like some shitty movies, don't we?
Back to top Go down
Griff Morivan

PostSubject: Re: Snobish Heresy   Snobish Heresy - Page 3 EmptySat Jan 22, 2011 9:57 am

...Death to Smoochie was bad? I thought it was brilliant.
Back to top Go down
ermac

PostSubject: Re: Snobish Heresy   Snobish Heresy - Page 3 EmptySat Jan 22, 2011 9:58 am

Tobbii wrote:
I fucking hate the original Halloween.

I thought I was the only one. Hate though being a bit strong. Dislike more like it. I am more of a Nightmare on Elm Street kind of guy.
Back to top Go down
Mother of Invention

Mother of Invention

PostSubject: Re: Snobish Heresy   Snobish Heresy - Page 3 EmptySat Jan 22, 2011 10:09 am

I seemed to like the clips from Brazillian Star Wars more than Turkish Star Wars.
Back to top Go down
The Original Greaser Bob

The Original Greaser Bob

PostSubject: Re: Snobish Heresy   Snobish Heresy - Page 3 EmptySat Jan 22, 2011 10:47 am

Griff Morivan wrote:
TITANIUM!?

Jesus, tell me it's small, or that fucker'd weigh a ton.
It is fairly small, though I always though titanium was fairly light as metals go.

Mother of Invention wrote:
I seemed to like the clips from Brazillian Star Wars more than Turkish Star Wars.
Probably because while Brazilian Star Wars was bad, at least it didn't try to give you a seizure.
Back to top Go down
Angie Matera

Angie Matera

PostSubject: Re: Snobish Heresy   Snobish Heresy - Page 3 EmptySun Jan 23, 2011 9:34 pm

I can stan the spiderman movies. i like most of ramims other stuff but i cant stand spider-man. Also hate JUno. And i agree with my buddy Anthony on titantic (we know each other in person). I also thought Tron the first one was boring
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/angelina.matera
Eckertmania

Eckertmania

PostSubject: Re: Snobish Heresy   Snobish Heresy - Page 3 EmptySun Jan 23, 2011 10:22 pm

One of my favorite movies of all time is Hard to Kill with Steven Segal.
Back to top Go down
http://asliceomind.wordpress.com/
bloodypitofhorror

bloodypitofhorror

PostSubject: Re: Snobish Heresy   Snobish Heresy - Page 3 EmptySun Jan 23, 2011 10:58 pm

Eckertmania wrote:
One of my favorite movies of all time is Hard to Kill with Steven Segal.

In that same vain, my favorite movie is Under Siege 2.
Back to top Go down
Second Hand Store

Second Hand Store

PostSubject: Re: Snobish Heresy   Snobish Heresy - Page 3 EmptyMon Jan 24, 2011 3:51 am

Ugh, I so hated Titanic and that reminds me, Baz Lurhman's(spelling) Romeo and Juliet was so horrid.

Screw the Departed. Why was it so lauded? It was almost a scene for scene remake of Infernal Affairs(yes I know that's kind of a retarded title). The only major difference was the love interest for both individuals is the same person in The Departed. Ooooooooooo big who cares.
Back to top Go down
Tommy Wiseau

Tommy Wiseau

PostSubject: Re: Snobish Heresy   Snobish Heresy - Page 3 EmptyMon Jan 24, 2011 4:31 am

I think Casablanca is boring, and doesn't hold up as well as people say it does.
Back to top Go down
A Cockatrice

A Cockatrice

PostSubject: Re: Snobish Heresy   Snobish Heresy - Page 3 EmptyMon Jan 24, 2011 5:39 am

Tommy Wiseau wrote:
I think Casablanca is boring, and doesn't hold up as well as people say it does.

I am in the same boat on Casablanca

I also didn't care for Gone with the Wind.
Back to top Go down
Tommy Wiseau

Tommy Wiseau

PostSubject: Re: Snobish Heresy   Snobish Heresy - Page 3 EmptyMon Jan 24, 2011 5:43 am

A Cockatrice wrote:
Tommy Wiseau wrote:

I'll have to disagree, Gone With The Wind is actually pretty exciting and involving even with its 4-hour length.
Back to top Go down
The Original Greaser Bob

The Original Greaser Bob

PostSubject: Re: Snobish Heresy   Snobish Heresy - Page 3 EmptyMon Jan 24, 2011 5:52 am

Tommy Wiseau wrote:
A Cockatrice wrote:
Tommy Wiseau wrote:

I'll have to disagree, Gone With The Wind is actually pretty exciting and involving even with its 4-hour length.
I have to say the opposite: I find that Casablanca holds up very well, and that Gone with the Wind is the over-rated of the pair.
Back to top Go down
Tommy Wiseau

Tommy Wiseau

PostSubject: Re: Snobish Heresy   Snobish Heresy - Page 3 EmptyMon Jan 24, 2011 6:48 am

The Dude wrote:
I have to say the opposite: I find that Casablanca holds up very well, and that Gone with the Wind is the over-rated of the pair.

I can see someone thinking that, but I'm a bit biased since I really do not like Humphrey Bogart.
Back to top Go down
The Original Greaser Bob

The Original Greaser Bob

PostSubject: Re: Snobish Heresy   Snobish Heresy - Page 3 EmptyMon Jan 24, 2011 7:28 am

Tommy Wiseau wrote:
The Dude wrote:

I can see someone thinking that, but I'm a bit biased since I really do not like Humphrey Bogart.
How about Claude Rains?
Back to top Go down
Tommy Wiseau

Tommy Wiseau

PostSubject: Re: Snobish Heresy   Snobish Heresy - Page 3 EmptyMon Jan 24, 2011 5:05 pm

The Dude wrote:
Tommy Wiseau wrote:

How about Claude Rains?

I liked him in Notorious, I can't really remember his performance in Casablanca being extraordinary though.
Back to top Go down
Angie Matera

Angie Matera

PostSubject: Re: Snobish Heresy   Snobish Heresy - Page 3 EmptyMon Jan 24, 2011 6:39 pm

I like Drop dead Fred. probally watch it cause it gives me childhood memoriesor because i relate to it. I also think Ladyhawke is one of the Best Richard Donner films. I hate Steven Sommer which most people do but i like his Deep Rising movie
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/angelina.matera
Tobbii

Tobbii

PostSubject: Re: Snobish Heresy   Snobish Heresy - Page 3 EmptyMon Jan 24, 2011 11:57 pm

Another round-up of heresies:

I hate Titanic.

I really like Fire Down Below.

I think Die Hard with a Vengeance is the best film in the series.

I think Final Fantasy: The Spirits Within is a good film.

I hate Final Fantasy: Advent Children.

I consider the remake of A Nightmare on Elm Street really great.

I consider the remake of House on Haunted Hill really great.

I consider Timothy Dalton as the best James Bond actor.

I consider License to Kill as the best James Bond film.

I don't like anything (that I've seen so far) by Kevin Smith.

I don't like any of the Scream films.
Back to top Go down
http://sirtobbii.blogspot.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Snobish Heresy   Snobish Heresy - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Snobish Heresy
Page 3 of 11Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 9, 10, 11  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Cinema Snob :: Other Stuff :: General Discussion-
Jump to: