The Cinema Snob
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pierre Kirby Approved.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

The Worst Movie You Have Seen While Actually Being in the Theater

Go down 
+23
Benjamin-J
obin_gam
IAKO
UnknownKadath
A Cockatrice
Son Of Jack Deth
MonkeyMan
relauby
Bassbait
Frank Rizzo
PCDOS
Azarias Kale
KingLDub
Tommy Wiseau
Entertainer13
The Original Greaser Bob
bloodypitofhorror
Duckman
Cactus_Matt
Deadpool
oneyedjohn
Mondo a Go-Go
Eckertmania
27 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
IAKO

The Worst Movie You Have Seen While Actually Being in the Theater - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Worst Movie You Have Seen While Actually Being in the Theater   The Worst Movie You Have Seen While Actually Being in the Theater - Page 3 EmptyMon Feb 21, 2011 3:18 am

Son Of Jack Deth wrote:
A Cockatrice wrote:
Son Of Jack Deth wrote:
Knock Off-Jean Claude Van Damme at his finest. We walked out half way through.

You don't like Van Damme, or was it Rob Schneider that ruined the movie?

That film was pre-ruined. Nothing was good about that sticker.

Ah, shucks, I love that movie! But I guess my bias is pretty obvious considering my username and avatar.

But I honestly think it's a great little action film. The director, Tsui Hark, is already a hyperactive auteur, he's no stranger to working on a shitload of projects at the same time and his style here, like in most of his movies, is unmistakable, but Knock Off is also his most excessive movie by far. There is an expression used in The Cinema of Tsui Hark by Lisa Morton that can be used to describe his body of work perfectly ; "controlled chaos". Well, with Knock Off it seems that the chaos has become uncontrollable and that's fascinating, it's akin to a train-wreck, only Tsui Hark somehow manages to pull it off. Van Damme was starting to become an okay actor by the time the movie was released (seriously, if you watch his filmography in chronological order, you'll see him get better and better up to JCVD where he pulls an amazing performance), but he was also struggling with cocaine problems, both of these aspects kind of shows in the movie and somehow it works and it really fits with his kind of metrosexual, womanizer, dumbass character.

It's also pretty hilarious how the movie continually makes fun of Jean-Claude, we're introduced to his character while he's singing some awfully cheesy Sam Hui canto-pop, he gets repeatedly slapped on the ass with a fish and reacts to this fact with a hilarious expression and by roaring like an animal, he seems to tear up his clothes constantly, etc. Add that to the the crazy camera work, hyper-kinetic directing, inane plot, a tolerable Rob Schneider, the humor, the amazing action choreography by Hong Kong legend Sammo Hung, the theme song by Sparks and you have a delightful action film. And it ends with one of the most stupid and nonsensical exchange I've heard in a movie : "No action movie would be complete without sweat", answered by "It's getting hot here" *cue theme song* (or something along those lines).

It's completely absurd, kitsch, unhinged, it's bat-shit insane, it reeks of coke and I fucking love it! Sorry for the long post, but I had to!

Worst film I've seen in a theater? Bedtime Stories, that was the only screening some friends could attend and they really wanted to see a movie in the theater. Awful kid flick.
Back to top Go down
relauby

relauby

The Worst Movie You Have Seen While Actually Being in the Theater - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Worst Movie You Have Seen While Actually Being in the Theater   The Worst Movie You Have Seen While Actually Being in the Theater - Page 3 EmptyMon Feb 21, 2011 4:42 am

Son Of Jack Deth wrote:
Relauby wrote:
The Dude wrote:
Relauby wrote:
The Dude wrote:
Relauby wrote:
The Dude wrote:
Relauby wrote:
I generally actually avoid movies that look bad, at the theatres at least, so I'd have to say Spiderman 3 is the worst movie I've ever seen in the theatres, but I really, really hated that movie. They fucked Venom up so bad.
I blame the fans for that, as he wasn't fucking planned to be in it in the first place, and only appeared in response to fan-pressure.
Yeah, I know, but I still blame the filmmakers partially. I mean, just because lots of people wanted him in there doesn't mean he had to be. They should have seen that the movie was too crowded and taken out one of their ideas or just said "Sorry, maybe next time guys" and just put Venom in the next movie. Especially in the Superhero genre, I'm sure there are plenty of times the fans really want something that doesn't get put in, so I don't see why it had to be done this time.
They coudln't put him in the next movie because they knew ahead of time that there wouldn't be one.
I thought Spiderman 4 was planned to go ahead for a little while, and was cancelled partially into pre-production?
Spider-Man 4 was indeed planned, but was canceled while Spider-Man 3 was still being made.
Oh, ok then. Still, I'll always blame the filmmakers because they didn't have to put him in, and if they did they could have at least taken somebody else out or something.

Hey bud, read the post just above yours and you'll see that Spiderman 4 was cancelled quite a bit after Spiderman 3 came out.

Yeah, I missed that, I was writing my post when his was posted.
Back to top Go down
The Original Greaser Bob

The Original Greaser Bob

PostSubject: Re: The Worst Movie You Have Seen While Actually Being in the Theater   The Worst Movie You Have Seen While Actually Being in the Theater - Page 3 EmptyMon Feb 21, 2011 6:16 am

Son Of Jack Deth wrote:
The Dude wrote:
Relauby wrote:
The Dude wrote:
Relauby wrote:
The Dude wrote:
Relauby wrote:
I generally actually avoid movies that look bad, at the theatres at least, so I'd have to say Spiderman 3 is the worst movie I've ever seen in the theatres, but I really, really hated that movie. They fucked Venom up so bad.
I blame the fans for that, as he wasn't fucking planned to be in it in the first place, and only appeared in response to fan-pressure.

Yeah, I know, but I still blame the filmmakers partially. I mean, just because lots of people wanted him in there doesn't mean he had to be. They should have seen that the movie was too crowded and taken out one of their ideas or just said "Sorry, maybe next time guys" and just put Venom in the next movie. Especially in the Superhero genre, I'm sure there are plenty of times the fans really want something that doesn't get put in, so I don't see why it had to be done this time.
They coudln't put him in the next movie because they knew ahead of time that there wouldn't be one.
I thought Spiderman 4 was planned to go ahead for a little while, and was cancelled partially into pre-production?
Spider-Man 4 was indeed planned, but was canceled while Spider-Man 3 was still being made.

This whole story was in one of the major movie magazines, but I have no access to that so here is the story copied:

In 2007, Spider-Man 4 entered development, with Raimi attached to direct and Maguire, Dunst and other cast members set to reprise their roles. Both a fourth and a fifth movie were planned and at one time the idea of shooting the two sequels concurrently was under consideration. However, Raimi stated in March 2009 that only the fourth film was in development at that time and that if there were fifth and sixth films, those two films would actually be a continuation of each other. James Vanderbilt was hired in October 2007 to pen the screenplay after initial reports in early 2007 that Sony Pictures was in contact with David Koepp, who wrote the first Spider-Man film. The script was subsequently rewritten by Pulitzer-winning playwright David Lindsay-Abaire and rewritten again by Gary Ross in October 2009. Sony also engaged Vanderbilt to write scripts for Spider-Man 5 and Spider-Man 6.
In 2007, Raimi expressed interest in portraying the transformation of Dr. Curt Connors into his villainous alter-ego, the Lizard; the character's actor Dylan Baker and producer Grant Curtis were also enthusiastic about the idea. Raimi also discussed his desire to upgrade Bruce Campbell from a cameo appearance to a significant role. It was reported in December 2009 that John Malkovich was in negotiations to play Vulture and that Anne Hathaway would play Felicia Hardy, though she would not have transformed into the Black Cat as in the comics. Instead, Raimi's Felicia was expected to become a brand-new superpowered figure called the Vulturess.
Sony Pictures announced in January 2010 that plans for Spider-Man 4 had been cancelled due to Raimi's withdrawal from the project. Raimi reportedly ended his participation due to his doubt that he could meet the planned May 6, 2011 release date while at the same time upholding the film creatively.
Source?
Back to top Go down
Son Of Jack Deth

Son Of Jack Deth

PostSubject: Re: The Worst Movie You Have Seen While Actually Being in the Theater   The Worst Movie You Have Seen While Actually Being in the Theater - Page 3 EmptyMon Feb 21, 2011 7:10 pm

The Dude wrote:
Son Of Jack Deth wrote:
The Dude wrote:
Relauby wrote:
The Dude wrote:
Relauby wrote:
The Dude wrote:
Relauby wrote:

This whole story was in one of the major movie magazines, but I have no access to that so here is the story copied:

In 2007, Spider-Man 4 entered development, with Raimi attached to direct and Maguire, Dunst and other cast members set to reprise their roles. Both a fourth and a fifth movie were planned and at one time the idea of shooting the two sequels concurrently was under consideration. However, Raimi stated in March 2009 that only the fourth film was in development at that time and that if there were fifth and sixth films, those two films would actually be a continuation of each other. James Vanderbilt was hired in October 2007 to pen the screenplay after initial reports in early 2007 that Sony Pictures was in contact with David Koepp, who wrote the first Spider-Man film. The script was subsequently rewritten by Pulitzer-winning playwright David Lindsay-Abaire and rewritten again by Gary Ross in October 2009. Sony also engaged Vanderbilt to write scripts for Spider-Man 5 and Spider-Man 6.
In 2007, Raimi expressed interest in portraying the transformation of Dr. Curt Connors into his villainous alter-ego, the Lizard; the character's actor Dylan Baker and producer Grant Curtis were also enthusiastic about the idea. Raimi also discussed his desire to upgrade Bruce Campbell from a cameo appearance to a significant role. It was reported in December 2009 that John Malkovich was in negotiations to play Vulture and that Anne Hathaway would play Felicia Hardy, though she would not have transformed into the Black Cat as in the comics. Instead, Raimi's Felicia was expected to become a brand-new superpowered figure called the Vulturess.
Sony Pictures announced in January 2010 that plans for Spider-Man 4 had been cancelled due to Raimi's withdrawal from the project. Raimi reportedly ended his participation due to his doubt that he could meet the planned May 6, 2011 release date while at the same time upholding the film creatively.
Source?

That particular piece was copied from Wikipedia, but the info itself I am referring to is from an interview with Sam Rami in one of the major movie magazines, I believe it was Premiere. It went into details about what happened with Spiderman 3 and 4. Spiderman 4 was not cancelled before 3 ended, and Rami was still involved with Spiderman 4 after Drag Me To Hell was released. You will have to find the magazine interview on your own, but here is an interview with Rami filmed after Drag Me To Hell that clearly shows he was still involved with Spiderman 4:

Back to top Go down
obin_gam

obin_gam

PostSubject: Re: The Worst Movie You Have Seen While Actually Being in the Theater   The Worst Movie You Have Seen While Actually Being in the Theater - Page 3 EmptyMon Feb 21, 2011 8:02 pm

for me its a tie between X-men Origins: Wolverine and Prince of Persia. *sigh* Was dragged to the premier of both... so. bad. must. not. vomit. No
Back to top Go down
The Original Greaser Bob

The Original Greaser Bob

PostSubject: Re: The Worst Movie You Have Seen While Actually Being in the Theater   The Worst Movie You Have Seen While Actually Being in the Theater - Page 3 EmptyTue Feb 22, 2011 8:55 am

obin_gam wrote:
for me its a tie between X-men Origins: Wolverine and Prince of Persia. *sigh* Was dragged to the premier of both... so. bad. must. not. vomit. No
I never saw X-Men Origins. Must have been weird for there to be a Deadpool character who does not, in fact have a mouth. You know. Because his nickname is "The merc with a mouth."
Back to top Go down
obin_gam

obin_gam

PostSubject: Re: The Worst Movie You Have Seen While Actually Being in the Theater   The Worst Movie You Have Seen While Actually Being in the Theater - Page 3 EmptyTue Feb 22, 2011 11:28 am

The Dude wrote:
obin_gam wrote:
I never saw X-Men Origins. Must have been weird for there to be a Deadpool character who does not, in fact have a mouth. You know. Because his nickname is "The merc with a mouth."
tell me about it... i'm a huge DP fan and to see him being butchered like that was not fun at all... In the script for the Deadpool movie they actually reference this:

INT. APARTMENT - DAY - PAST

CLOSE-UP of a Deadpool ACTION FIGURE from 'Wolverine
Origins.' Mouth sewn shut. Blades implanted into the
wrists. In the exact same POSE we just saw the real
Deadpool.

WADE (0.S.)
A little piece of me curled up and
died the day this came out.

We PULL OUT to reveal that Wade is referring NOT to the
action figure, but to WHAMl'S 'Music From the Edge of Heaven'
LP, which he is now holding.

He tosses the LP into a near-full TRASH CAN, right on TOP of
the Deadpool action figure.

Laughing
Back to top Go down
Frank Rizzo

Frank Rizzo

PostSubject: Re: The Worst Movie You Have Seen While Actually Being in the Theater   The Worst Movie You Have Seen While Actually Being in the Theater - Page 3 EmptyTue Feb 22, 2011 8:26 pm

When *is* the Deadpool movie coming out?
Back to top Go down
obin_gam

obin_gam

PostSubject: Re: The Worst Movie You Have Seen While Actually Being in the Theater   The Worst Movie You Have Seen While Actually Being in the Theater - Page 3 EmptyTue Feb 22, 2011 9:05 pm

I think its in development hell for now.. and I doubt its ever going to be made... I blame the Green lantern movie! If they hadnt chosen Reynolds for that part I think Deadpool would be in production right now.
Back to top Go down
Frank Rizzo

Frank Rizzo

PostSubject: Re: The Worst Movie You Have Seen While Actually Being in the Theater   The Worst Movie You Have Seen While Actually Being in the Theater - Page 3 EmptyTue Feb 22, 2011 9:12 pm

It really is sad, as Deadpool has a fairly big following in the comics circle, and I really think that *if* a Deadpool movie came out and it blended comedy and action well, it could make a ton of money.
Back to top Go down
The Original Greaser Bob

The Original Greaser Bob

PostSubject: Re: The Worst Movie You Have Seen While Actually Being in the Theater   The Worst Movie You Have Seen While Actually Being in the Theater - Page 3 EmptyWed Feb 23, 2011 3:15 am

obin_gam wrote:
I think its in development hell for now.. and I doubt its ever going to be made... I blame the Green lantern movie! If they hadnt chosen Reynolds for that part I think Deadpool would be in production right now.
You gotta keep the faith, brother.
Back to top Go down
relauby

relauby

PostSubject: Re: The Worst Movie You Have Seen While Actually Being in the Theater   The Worst Movie You Have Seen While Actually Being in the Theater - Page 3 EmptyWed Feb 23, 2011 3:32 am

Kinda off-topic I know, but does anyone know what's going on with that Venom movie? I tried searching but haven't been able to find any news about it that's half recent. Is it in development hell too?
Back to top Go down
The Original Greaser Bob

The Original Greaser Bob

PostSubject: Re: The Worst Movie You Have Seen While Actually Being in the Theater   The Worst Movie You Have Seen While Actually Being in the Theater - Page 3 EmptyWed Feb 23, 2011 6:19 am

Relauby wrote:
Kinda off-topic I know, but does anyone know what's going on with that Venom movie? I tried searching but haven't been able to find any news about it that's half recent. Is it in development hell too?
Seems logical, captain.
Back to top Go down
Benjamin-J

Benjamin-J

PostSubject: Re: The Worst Movie You Have Seen While Actually Being in the Theater   The Worst Movie You Have Seen While Actually Being in the Theater - Page 3 EmptyWed Mar 09, 2011 9:20 pm

Off the top of my head, my worst theater movies would be How High, and Jeepers Creepers. I snuck into both of those movies and I still wanted my money back.
Back to top Go down
http://www.soulexo.com
Angie Matera

Angie Matera

PostSubject: Re: The Worst Movie You Have Seen While Actually Being in the Theater   The Worst Movie You Have Seen While Actually Being in the Theater - Page 3 EmptyWed Mar 09, 2011 9:30 pm

Disaster movie.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/angelina.matera
Tykittaa

Tykittaa

PostSubject: Re: The Worst Movie You Have Seen While Actually Being in the Theater   The Worst Movie You Have Seen While Actually Being in the Theater - Page 3 EmptyMon Jun 27, 2011 1:12 pm

Rob Zombie's Halloween remake.

I walked out of the theater so goddamn angry that I called everyone on my phone's contact list, telling them to stay far away.
Back to top Go down
Frank Rizzo

Frank Rizzo

PostSubject: Re: The Worst Movie You Have Seen While Actually Being in the Theater   The Worst Movie You Have Seen While Actually Being in the Theater - Page 3 EmptyMon Jun 27, 2011 8:20 pm

Tykittaa wrote:

I walked out of the theater so goddamn angry that I called everyone on my phone's contact list, telling them to stay far away.

That is pretty darn angry....
Back to top Go down
The Original Greaser Bob

The Original Greaser Bob

PostSubject: Re: The Worst Movie You Have Seen While Actually Being in the Theater   The Worst Movie You Have Seen While Actually Being in the Theater - Page 3 EmptyWed Jun 29, 2011 7:29 am

Tykittaa wrote:

Did you hate it because of how radically different it was from the original, or just hate it in general?
Back to top Go down
Brakywaki

Brakywaki

PostSubject: Re: The Worst Movie You Have Seen While Actually Being in the Theater   The Worst Movie You Have Seen While Actually Being in the Theater - Page 3 EmptySat Jul 02, 2011 8:33 am

The Other Guys is the only movie from which I've ever walked out and gotten my money back about halfway through, and that was at my local dollar theater. On half price night. It was so bad I got fifty cents back. And I sat through The Last Airbender for the same price.

I've certainly seen far worse on video though.
Back to top Go down
IAKO

PostSubject: Re: The Worst Movie You Have Seen While Actually Being in the Theater   The Worst Movie You Have Seen While Actually Being in the Theater - Page 3 EmptySun Jul 03, 2011 10:01 am

Brakywaki wrote:
The Other Guys is the only movie from which I've ever walked out and gotten my money back about halfway through, and that was at my local dollar theater. On half price night. It was so bad I got fifty cents back. And I sat through The Last Airbender for the same price.

And what did you think of the other Adam McKay movies? I liked Anchorman: The Legend of Ron Burgundy, but I somehow consider Step Brothers to be the worst comedy I ever sat through. I'm wondering if I should watch The Other Guys.
Back to top Go down
Brakywaki

Brakywaki

PostSubject: Re: The Worst Movie You Have Seen While Actually Being in the Theater   The Worst Movie You Have Seen While Actually Being in the Theater - Page 3 EmptyMon Jul 04, 2011 6:43 am

I Am a Knock Off wrote:
Brakywaki wrote:

And what did you think of the other Adam McKay movies? I liked Anchorman: The Legend of Ron Burgundy, but I somehow consider Step Brothers to be the worst comedy I ever sat through. I'm wondering if I should watch The Other Guys.

The only one I legitimately liked was Talladega Nights, actually, mostly due to how many of the side characters I loved. I'm definitely not a fan of most of Will Ferrell's work, but he was actually the least of my issues with The Other Guys...It just felt like it forgot the jokes, plain and simple. I did not understand WHY any of it was supposed to be funny.

As for Anchorman...I really only liked the Steve Carell bits, and it felt like he would have a more entertaining movie quite frankly.
Back to top Go down
ermac

PostSubject: Re: The Worst Movie You Have Seen While Actually Being in the Theater   The Worst Movie You Have Seen While Actually Being in the Theater - Page 3 EmptyTue Jul 05, 2011 3:04 pm

101 Dalmatians - the full-motion picture....

Which brings up the question why Doug hasn't NCed it yet... Its a pretty lame movie, and I have no idea how Hough Laurie managed to rise from its ashes...
Back to top Go down
IAKO

PostSubject: Re: The Worst Movie You Have Seen While Actually Being in the Theater   The Worst Movie You Have Seen While Actually Being in the Theater - Page 3 EmptyTue Jul 05, 2011 7:42 pm

Brakywaki wrote:
I Am a Knock Off wrote:
Brakywaki wrote:

The only one I legitimately liked was Talladega Nights, actually, mostly due to how many of the side characters I loved. I'm definitely not a fan of most of Will Ferrell's work, but he was actually the least of my issues with The Other Guys...It just felt like it forgot the jokes, plain and simple. I did not understand WHY any of it was supposed to be funny.

As for Anchorman...I really only liked the Steve Carell bits, and it felt like he would have a more entertaining movie quite frankly.

Ok, thanks for the answer. I'll probably check it out someday... maybe or maybe not.
Back to top Go down
Brakywaki

Brakywaki

PostSubject: Re: The Worst Movie You Have Seen While Actually Being in the Theater   The Worst Movie You Have Seen While Actually Being in the Theater - Page 3 EmptyWed Jul 06, 2011 4:59 am

I Am a Knock Off wrote:

Ok, thanks for the answer. I'll probably check it out someday... maybe or maybe not.

I did the safest possible thing...Waited for it to hit netflix instant watch, then played a game on my other tv while I endured it.

I counted...I laughed twice. Once at the line "We found your red Prius...It was seen voting for Ralph Nader," and once at the bit where Michael Keaton mixes up his jobs, which describing won't do justice.
Back to top Go down
The Original Greaser Bob

The Original Greaser Bob

PostSubject: Re: The Worst Movie You Have Seen While Actually Being in the Theater   The Worst Movie You Have Seen While Actually Being in the Theater - Page 3 EmptyWed Jul 06, 2011 12:34 pm

ermac wrote:
101 Dalmatians - the full-motion picture....

Which brings up the question why Doug hasn't NCed it yet... Its a pretty lame movie, and I have no idea how Hough Laurie managed to rise from its ashes...
Too recent?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Worst Movie You Have Seen While Actually Being in the Theater   The Worst Movie You Have Seen While Actually Being in the Theater - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

The Worst Movie You Have Seen While Actually Being in the Theater
Page 3 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next