The Cinema Snob
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pierre Kirby Approved.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

The Worst Movie You Have Seen While Actually Being in the Theater

Go down 
+23
Benjamin-J
obin_gam
IAKO
UnknownKadath
A Cockatrice
Son Of Jack Deth
MonkeyMan
relauby
Bassbait
Frank Rizzo
PCDOS
Azarias Kale
KingLDub
Tommy Wiseau
Entertainer13
The Original Greaser Bob
bloodypitofhorror
Duckman
Cactus_Matt
Deadpool
oneyedjohn
Mondo a Go-Go
Eckertmania
27 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Eckertmania

Eckertmania

The Worst Movie You Have Seen While Actually Being in the Theater Empty
PostSubject: The Worst Movie You Have Seen While Actually Being in the Theater   The Worst Movie You Have Seen While Actually Being in the Theater EmptyTue Jan 25, 2011 10:06 am

For me, it's Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen. If you read the "Theatre Going Stories" thread, you know how I feel about this movie. To put how much I hate this movie into perspective, I saw Little Giants in the theater.

Twice.
Back to top Go down
http://asliceomind.wordpress.com/
Mondo a Go-Go

Mondo a Go-Go

PostSubject: Re: The Worst Movie You Have Seen While Actually Being in the Theater   The Worst Movie You Have Seen While Actually Being in the Theater EmptyWed Jan 26, 2011 1:08 am

Avatar. I could rant about that movie for hours, but I'll keep it short. Two of my friends and I went to see what the hype was all about, because it was shortly after the release. We all expected a cool sci-fi movie with groundbreaking effects. What we got was a three hour retread of Fern Gully that was better animated. Long movies need intermissions; we were stuck in uncomfortable seats with no legroom in desperate need of a bathroom break for the entire picture. And it was a bad, boring movie. Discomfort and boredom do not a good experience make.

The runner-up would be Slumdog Millionaire, but I walked out before it could be too horrible a memory.
Back to top Go down
oneyedjohn

oneyedjohn

PostSubject: Re: The Worst Movie You Have Seen While Actually Being in the Theater   The Worst Movie You Have Seen While Actually Being in the Theater EmptyWed Jan 26, 2011 9:48 am

No Country for Old Men with Death Proof as a close second. the only two movies I considered walking out of.
Back to top Go down
Deadpool

Deadpool

PostSubject: Re: The Worst Movie You Have Seen While Actually Being in the Theater   The Worst Movie You Have Seen While Actually Being in the Theater EmptyWed Jan 26, 2011 2:41 pm

Worst theater experience? How about the time i let a guy who couldn't throw a punch to save his life hurl incorrect racial slurs at me while attempting to beat me up? The worst part? It was to go see cop out. Seriously.

(Eef, misread the title, so i'm moving this to a more appropriate topic... Click here to read that story.)

As for the worst movie i've ever seen in a theater, it's gotta be the remake of the Hitcher. I was at a free preview for it and i walked out. That's how bad it is.
Back to top Go down
Cactus_Matt

Cactus_Matt

PostSubject: Re: The Worst Movie You Have Seen While Actually Being in the Theater   The Worst Movie You Have Seen While Actually Being in the Theater EmptyThu Jan 27, 2011 4:00 pm

Probably a tie between Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen and Scott Pilgrim.
Back to top Go down
Duckman

Duckman

PostSubject: Re: The Worst Movie You Have Seen While Actually Being in the Theater   The Worst Movie You Have Seen While Actually Being in the Theater EmptyThu Jan 27, 2011 4:13 pm

"Romeo & Juliet" (the 90's version), with "The Secret Window" in second place...but not a close second.

Why?

When I went to see R&J, I expected everything to be an updated take on the story. Sure, the filming was, but was the script? Um, no. Who calls their gun a sword anyway!?

"The Secret Window" was just one of those twist-endings that threw me off and confused me completely. Hate when that happens.
Back to top Go down
http://kingrow.webs.com
Duckman

Duckman

PostSubject: Re: The Worst Movie You Have Seen While Actually Being in the Theater   The Worst Movie You Have Seen While Actually Being in the Theater EmptyThu Jan 27, 2011 4:15 pm

Duckman wrote:
"Romeo & Juliet" (the 90's version), with "The Secret Window" in second place...but not a close second.

Why?

When I went to see R&J, I expected everything to be an updated take on the story. Sure, the filming was, but was the script? Um, no. Who calls their gun a sword anyway!?

"The Secret Window" was just one of those twist-endings that threw me off and confused me completely. Hate when that happens.

By the way, I actually fell asleep in the cinema when I saw R&J the first time. It was that bad (I say first time because I had to see it again to see why I hated it - wish I hadn't).
Back to top Go down
http://kingrow.webs.com
bloodypitofhorror

bloodypitofhorror

PostSubject: Re: The Worst Movie You Have Seen While Actually Being in the Theater   The Worst Movie You Have Seen While Actually Being in the Theater EmptyFri Jan 28, 2011 3:17 am

I went and saw the movie Cursed. Yes, the shitty werewolf movie. I almost walked out it was so bad.

Stay Alive comes in at a close second, the only redeeming factor of that one was the fact that half the audience started MST3king the hell out of the film and by the end it became a comedy.
Back to top Go down
http://bloodypitofreviews.blogspot.com
The Original Greaser Bob

The Original Greaser Bob

PostSubject: Re: The Worst Movie You Have Seen While Actually Being in the Theater   The Worst Movie You Have Seen While Actually Being in the Theater EmptyFri Jan 28, 2011 6:50 am

Worst movie ever seen in a theater: Juno.

Seriously, fuck Diablo Cody. In the ass.
Back to top Go down
Entertainer13

Entertainer13

PostSubject: Re: The Worst Movie You Have Seen While Actually Being in the Theater   The Worst Movie You Have Seen While Actually Being in the Theater EmptyFri Jan 28, 2011 8:54 pm

Wow. No Country for Old Men? Juno? Freaking Shakespeare? These are your bad movies?

Come back to me when you've been forced to sit through (that's right, forced) Batman and Robin.
Back to top Go down
http://www.centurycitygames.com/
Tommy Wiseau

Tommy Wiseau

PostSubject: Re: The Worst Movie You Have Seen While Actually Being in the Theater   The Worst Movie You Have Seen While Actually Being in the Theater EmptyFri Jan 28, 2011 9:06 pm

I guess I'm alone in saying I liked R + J.
Back to top Go down
Entertainer13

Entertainer13

PostSubject: Re: The Worst Movie You Have Seen While Actually Being in the Theater   The Worst Movie You Have Seen While Actually Being in the Theater EmptyFri Jan 28, 2011 9:16 pm

Tommy Wiseau wrote:
I guess I'm alone in saying I liked R + J.
Dude, I loved it. You juxtaposed the poetic dialogue of Billy Shakes with a modern-day west coast gang setting, and they obviously had a blast. I loved that all the gun types were being called longswords (shot gun!) dagger (hand gun). It was made with a lot of love, if one dares to say so, and an attempt to trick people like a certain previous poster to actually see a work of Shakespeare. The rub, however, would be when they confirm their hatred for Shakespeare.

Ah, but the rest is silence...
Back to top Go down
The Original Greaser Bob

The Original Greaser Bob

PostSubject: Re: The Worst Movie You Have Seen While Actually Being in the Theater   The Worst Movie You Have Seen While Actually Being in the Theater EmptySat Jan 29, 2011 1:39 am

Entertainer13 wrote:
Wow. No Country for Old Men? Juno? Freaking Shakespeare? These are your bad movies?

Come back to me when you've been forced to sit through (that's right, forced) Batman and Robin.
I have. And it was better than Juno.
Back to top Go down
Mondo a Go-Go

Mondo a Go-Go

PostSubject: Re: The Worst Movie You Have Seen While Actually Being in the Theater   The Worst Movie You Have Seen While Actually Being in the Theater EmptySat Jan 29, 2011 1:46 am

Entertainer13 wrote:
Freaking Shakespeare? These are your bad movies?
Absolutely. I fail to see what's so great about Shakespeare.

Back to top Go down
Entertainer13

Entertainer13

PostSubject: Re: The Worst Movie You Have Seen While Actually Being in the Theater   The Worst Movie You Have Seen While Actually Being in the Theater EmptySat Jan 29, 2011 2:35 am

Mondo a Go-Go wrote:
Entertainer13 wrote:
Freaking Shakespeare? These are your bad movies?
Absolutely. I fail to see what's so great about Shakespeare.

It's one thing to not like poetry, but seriously, in this grand world of modern cinema, there's far, far, FAR worse stuff out there than Billy Shakes. I just find it odd to consider something you found outright BORING as one of the worst films you've ever seen.
Back to top Go down
oneyedjohn

oneyedjohn

PostSubject: Re: The Worst Movie You Have Seen While Actually Being in the Theater   The Worst Movie You Have Seen While Actually Being in the Theater EmptySat Jan 29, 2011 3:35 am

Entertainer13 wrote:

I'm sorry for you loss of time and sanity.
Back to top Go down
Tommy Wiseau

Tommy Wiseau

PostSubject: Re: The Worst Movie You Have Seen While Actually Being in the Theater   The Worst Movie You Have Seen While Actually Being in the Theater EmptySat Jan 29, 2011 4:05 am

I don't think I've really seen a movie that I absolutely hated in theatres. Maybe Alice in Wonderland. It as damn bad, but at least it was entertaining to make fun of it afterwards (and throw things at my friends who liked it Very Happy )
Back to top Go down
KingLDub

PostSubject: Re: The Worst Movie You Have Seen While Actually Being in the Theater   The Worst Movie You Have Seen While Actually Being in the Theater EmptySat Jan 29, 2011 7:29 pm

Only movie I've ever walked out of was 'Buried', seems quite a few people liked it though.
Back to top Go down
Azarias Kale

Azarias Kale

PostSubject: Re: The Worst Movie You Have Seen While Actually Being in the Theater   The Worst Movie You Have Seen While Actually Being in the Theater EmptySun Jan 30, 2011 7:14 am

Worst movie I had to sit through? Twilight and Alice in Wonderland!... maybe Van Helsing since I had to go see it four goddamn times! Nope tie between Twilight and Alice In Wonderland.

Tommy Wiseau, I didn't even need to make fun of Alice In Wonderland, it was making fun of itself. Tim Burton should not do anything that isn't his idea first and even then, he needs to stop being so damn... Tim Burton about things.
Back to top Go down
The Original Greaser Bob

The Original Greaser Bob

PostSubject: Re: The Worst Movie You Have Seen While Actually Being in the Theater   The Worst Movie You Have Seen While Actually Being in the Theater EmptySun Jan 30, 2011 9:48 am

Azarias Kale wrote:
Tommy Wiseau, I didn't even need to make fun of Alice In Wonderland, it was making fun of itself. Tim Burton should not do anything that isn't his idea first and even then, he needs to stop being so damn... Tim Burton about things.
Ed Wood is the exception to that rule.
Back to top Go down
Azarias Kale

Azarias Kale

PostSubject: Re: The Worst Movie You Have Seen While Actually Being in the Theater   The Worst Movie You Have Seen While Actually Being in the Theater EmptySun Jan 30, 2011 9:50 am

The Dude wrote:
Azarias Kale wrote:
Valid point, Dude. Completely forgot about Ed Wood.
Back to top Go down
PCDOS

PCDOS

PostSubject: Re: The Worst Movie You Have Seen While Actually Being in the Theater   The Worst Movie You Have Seen While Actually Being in the Theater EmptyMon Jan 31, 2011 9:04 am

worst in the theater?
skyline, hands down, and i saw this in IMAX (or, my local theater's version of such)

Back to top Go down
Mondo a Go-Go

Mondo a Go-Go

PostSubject: Re: The Worst Movie You Have Seen While Actually Being in the Theater   The Worst Movie You Have Seen While Actually Being in the Theater EmptyTue Feb 01, 2011 2:59 am

The Dude wrote:
Azarias Kale wrote:
Probably because the idea was to make an Ed Wood movie about Ed Wood, not a Tim Burton movie. I think the main problem with a lot of his recent output is that it seems almost a a caricature of the "Tim Burton" style, so it's just dumb. Charlie and the Chocolate Factory and Alice, for examples, felt like they were trying to be weird and quirky. Edward Scissorhands, Vincent, and Beetlejuice just are weird and quirky. Like Roger Ebert once quoted from some other critic I can't bother to look up, "camp can only be found, not made." The same goes for Burton's signature style.
Back to top Go down
The Original Greaser Bob

The Original Greaser Bob

PostSubject: Re: The Worst Movie You Have Seen While Actually Being in the Theater   The Worst Movie You Have Seen While Actually Being in the Theater EmptyTue Feb 01, 2011 4:30 am

Mondo a Go-Go wrote:
The Dude wrote:
Azarias Kale wrote:
Probably because the idea was to make an Ed Wood movie about Ed Wood, not a Tim Burton movie. I think the main problem with a lot of his recent output is that it seems almost a a caricature of the "Tim Burton" style, so it's just dumb.
I would disagree; I find Ed Wood to be a very Burton-esque (if I may use that term) movie, just in a more subdued way. You don't get the overdone, Burtony sets and designs you would with Alice or Charlie and the Chocolate Factory, but the quirks come across in the characters themselves. Admittedly, much of this has to do with the cast delivery amazing performances, but I find that Burton conveys a great amount of his own personality with his characters in Ed Wood.
Back to top Go down
Mondo a Go-Go

Mondo a Go-Go

PostSubject: Re: The Worst Movie You Have Seen While Actually Being in the Theater   The Worst Movie You Have Seen While Actually Being in the Theater EmptyTue Feb 01, 2011 6:32 am

The Dude wrote:
Mondo a Go-Go wrote:
The Dude wrote:
Azarias Kale wrote:
Probably because the idea was to make an Ed Wood movie about Ed Wood, not a Tim Burton movie. I think the main problem with a lot of his recent output is that it seems almost a a caricature of the "Tim Burton" style, so it's just dumb.
I would disagree; I find Ed Wood to be a very Burton-esque (if I may use that term) movie, just in a more subdued way. You don't get the overdone, Burtony sets and designs you would with Alice or Charlie and the Chocolate Factory, but the quirks come across in the characters themselves. Admittedly, much of this has to do with the cast delivery amazing performances, but I find that Burton conveys a great amount of his own personality with his characters in Ed Wood.
His personality does show, but not in an overbearing, "Look at me! This is my movie!" way like in the more current films. It's Burton through and through, but it doesn't make that it's sole point. Charlie in particular just felt like an ego trip to me.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Worst Movie You Have Seen While Actually Being in the Theater   The Worst Movie You Have Seen While Actually Being in the Theater Empty

Back to top Go down

The Worst Movie You Have Seen While Actually Being in the Theater
Page 1 of 4Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next