The Cinema Snob
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pierre Kirby Approved.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

"Worst Movies of 2012"

Go down 
+4
wildhoney66
Subterfuge
Frank Rizzo
krinkle442
8 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
wildhoney66

wildhoney66

"Worst Movies of 2012" - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: "Worst Movies of 2012"   "Worst Movies of 2012" - Page 2 EmptyFri Jan 18, 2013 11:10 am

actually i like the Resident Evil series for what they are. not great films by any means but fun films. and i've only seen 2 of them in the theatre. the 1st one i saw was the 2nd one someone took me as a gift for my b-day. i don't remember if i picked the film or they did. but it was nice ya know? the other one was the one after that i went with a woman to see it.

i haven't seen the latest one so i can't say how good or bad it is. but they are fun films that aren't great but good for a rainy afternoon when nothing else is on. i can't think of anything else at this hour i'm to tired to, to be honest.

Back to top Go down
polygonalchemist

PostSubject: Re: "Worst Movies of 2012"   "Worst Movies of 2012" - Page 2 EmptyFri Jan 18, 2013 1:07 pm

Thanks for getting us back on track, Angie Matera.

Strangely, I haven't seen any really bad movies in a while. I got rid of cable a while back, and been more selective about going to the theater. By the time it reaches Netflix, I've heard enough buzz to decide if its worth my time or not. I did watch Birdemic a while back, but went into it knowing full and well what to expect.

It's weird really, on the surface that sounds ideal. But I kinda miss that feeling back when I was a kid/teen and would pay $4-6 for a matinee showing of whatever came out that weekend, and come away legitimately disappointed (although I had pretty shitty tastes as a kid, so that was a rare thing).
Back to top Go down
Angie Matera

Angie Matera

PostSubject: Re: "Worst Movies of 2012"   "Worst Movies of 2012" - Page 2 EmptyFri Jan 18, 2013 11:55 pm

Your welcome lol. I try to see as much that comes out in a year as possible(even some stuff that looks shitty) that way i am able to make top ten and bottom ten list for the year(though there are some movies i just avoid like the plague).And i felt Birdemic had the potional to be a fun bad movie but just turned out being repeditive and boring for the most part.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/angelina.matera
krinkle442

krinkle442

PostSubject: Re: "Worst Movies of 2012"   "Worst Movies of 2012" - Page 2 EmptySat Jan 19, 2013 5:58 am

Angie Matera wrote:
Your welcome lol. I try to see as much that comes out in a year as possible(even some stuff that looks shitty) that way i am able to make top ten and bottom ten list for the year(though there are some movies i just avoid like the plague).And i felt Birdemic had the potional to be a fun bad movie but just turned out being repeditive and boring for the most part.
Try the Birdemic Rifftrax, sometime... much more entertaining, anyway.

That said, I'm not sure how I feel about the Birdemic sequel or the Manos sequel. The Birdemic sequel at least got a Miss Hawaiian Tropic and some martial arts badass cutie to help out, a little (and the singer from the bar returns with a new song, too! And the bad wig hippy also appears... apparently as a different hippy). The Manos sequel should be interesting... I didn't say "good," I said "interesting." Tom Neyman is actually returning as "the Master," some 45 years later. I believe his daughter returns, too, though I'm not exactly sure that she's playing the same character (she was the couple's young daughter in the original). Everyone else from the original has sadly passed away (well, the guy that was making out in the car was supposed to have returned but he suffered a stroke right before filming started), though the sheriff's real-life son will take over as the sheriff in the sequel. I've never heard of the director, but I'll say this much... he's a brave man.
Back to top Go down
Angie Matera

Angie Matera

PostSubject: Re: "Worst Movies of 2012"   "Worst Movies of 2012" - Page 2 EmptySat Jan 19, 2013 8:52 am

krinkle442 wrote:
Angie Matera wrote:
Try the Birdemic Rifftrax, sometime... much more entertaining, anyway.

That said, I'm not sure how I feel about the Birdemic sequel or the Manos sequel. The Birdemic sequel at least got a Miss Hawaiian Tropic and some martial arts badass cutie to help out, a little (and the singer from the bar returns with a new song, too! And the bad wig hippy also appears... apparently as a different hippy). The Manos sequel should be interesting... I didn't say "good," I said "interesting." Tom Neyman is actually returning as "the Master," some 45 years later. I believe his daughter returns, too, though I'm not exactly sure that she's playing the same character (she was the couple's young daughter in the original). Everyone else from the original has sadly passed away (well, the guy that was making out in the car was supposed to have returned but he suffered a stroke right before filming started), though the sheriff's real-life son will take over as the sheriff in the sequel. I've never heard of the director, but I'll say this much... he's a brave man.

I saw it on riff trax lol. Im a big Ms3k and riff trax fan so itry to watch everything those guys do. I heard of the birdemic sequal had no idea there was a manos sequal
Back to top Go down
krinkle442

krinkle442

PostSubject: Re: "Worst Movies of 2012"   "Worst Movies of 2012" - Page 2 EmptySat Jan 19, 2013 4:06 pm

Angie Matera wrote:
I saw it on riff trax lol. Im a big Ms3k and riff trax fan so itry to watch everything those guys do. I heard of the birdemic sequal had no idea there was a manos sequal
Cool... MST3K holds a lot of (very humorous) memories for me... and Rifftrax has carried on pretty well in its place. I hate to say it, but I'm not a huge Cinematic Titanic fan. I like it, but it doesn't hold up to Rifftrax... to me, anyway.

That said, if you haven't already seen them, check out the Rifftrax for "The Room," "The Guy From Harlem," the 2009 "Star Trek" all the "Star Wars" movies (episodes I-III are probably the best of them), "Judge Dredd" and, the only way I could actually make it through "Avatar" (and even with the Rifftrax, I barely made it).

Back to the topic... I agree pretty much wholeheartedly with your list, though I haven't seen "Savages" or "Taken 2." After "Alexander," I really haven't had much of a desire to see much of anything Stone wants to tell me about... but he's always pretty much been "feast or famine" with me. As far as the "Taken" sequel, again... just no desire to see a rehash. Maybe I'll rent it when I'm really bored, maybe I won't.
Back to top Go down
wildhoney66

wildhoney66

PostSubject: Re: "Worst Movies of 2012"   "Worst Movies of 2012" - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 20, 2013 7:52 am

i can't seem to get into the other shows they've done after MSTK3000 either for some strange reason? the humor just isn't as good for some reason or other. i dunno why but the magic just isn't there. i don't they are terrible but i just don't really find them all that funny that's all.

i haven't watched anything new recently i've only been watching the 1st season of "The X-files' as of late.

i realize it's not a film of (2012) but that's what i've been watching as of late
Back to top Go down
Angie Matera

Angie Matera

PostSubject: Re: "Worst Movies of 2012"   "Worst Movies of 2012" - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 20, 2013 12:04 pm

wildhoney66 wrote:
i can't seem to get into the other shows they've done after MSTK3000 either for some strange reason? the humor just isn't as good for some reason or other. i dunno why but the magic just isn't there. i don't they are terrible but i just don't really find them all that funny that's all.

i haven't watched anything new recently i've only been watching the 1st season of "The X-files' as of late.

i realize it's not a film of (2012) but that's what i've been watching as of late
thats awesome because i was watching an ep from season one right when i read this lol(started rewatching the X-files).
Back to top Go down
wildhoney66

wildhoney66

PostSubject: Re: "Worst Movies of 2012"   "Worst Movies of 2012" - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 20, 2013 12:06 pm

Sweet where you i'm about to put on "Fire' i got the whole series including the movies on dvd.

sorry folks for going off topic a bit, i just love the fact that i'm not the only one going back to this fantastic show!

Back to top Go down
Angie Matera

Angie Matera

PostSubject: Re: "Worst Movies of 2012"   "Worst Movies of 2012" - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 20, 2013 12:10 pm

wildhoney66 wrote:
Sweet where you i'm about to put on "Fire' i got the whole series including the movies on dvd.

sorry folks for going off topic a bit, i just love the fact that i'm not the only one going back to this fantastic show!

I own the whole series including both movies to !!!. and right now im on Tombs.And yeah its awesome. been a favorite of mine since i was a kid
Back to top Go down
wildhoney66

wildhoney66

PostSubject: Re: "Worst Movies of 2012"   "Worst Movies of 2012" - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 20, 2013 12:16 pm

i think it was during the 3rd season maybe when i started watching it on friday nights. on a whim i had my brother rent me the VHS tapes back when they had those out in the mid 90's. and i fell in love with it after the 1st episode. and i watched it until around (1999) i think? than i lost track what the fuck was going on and i stopped watching it.

caught it sometimes after that before it ended. but i was lost in what the fuck was going on. than i watched it on TNT a fw times in the middle of the night. oddly i always missed the last episode! so i've never actually seen it funny enough.
i loved the 1st film but the 2nd one while i don't love i do like it. and it's got it's flaws sure.

but it's a decent enough film and it doesn't piss me off that was just a monster of the week film. though the cut off ending did piss me off. anyways i guess you are just a bit farther than me. he he he

i kept my rant short just in case someone says that we veered off topic again.
Back to top Go down
Angie Matera

Angie Matera

PostSubject: Re: "Worst Movies of 2012"   "Worst Movies of 2012" - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 20, 2013 12:32 pm

wildhoney66 wrote:
i think it was during the 3rd season maybe when i started watching it on friday nights. on a whim i had my brother rent me the VHS tapes back when they had those out in the mid 90's. and i fell in love with it after the 1st episode. and i watched it until around (1999) i think? than i lost track what the fuck was going on and i stopped watching it.

caught it sometimes after that before it ended. but i was lost in what the fuck was going on. than i watched it on TNT a fw times in the middle of the night. oddly i always missed the last episode! so i've never actually seen it funny enough.
i loved the 1st film but the 2nd one while i don't love i do like it. and it's got it's flaws sure.

but it's a decent enough film and it doesn't piss me off that was just a monster of the week film. though the cut off ending did piss me off. anyways i guess you are just a bit farther than me. he he he

i kept my rant short just in case someone says that we veered off topic again.
I saw the finale if i remember its nothing special(season 9 wasn't too great to me). and i also agree with you that the 2nd movies wasnt bad like everyone else says. They complain that there's no aliens but if they really watched the show they would know that they were many none alien episodes lol. Yeah we are way off topic lol. But hey i go off on tangents all the time(Got a mild case of ADHD lol).
Back to top Go down
wildhoney66

wildhoney66

PostSubject: Re: "Worst Movies of 2012"   "Worst Movies of 2012" - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 20, 2013 12:35 pm

it's been a long time since i last saw season 9 so i can't say what i think of it. but i didn't think it was terrible.

what they should do if they do another film to concide with the invasion of (2012) is start the film with them being invaded than say 15 minutes into the film it shifts to the current year say (2014) if that's when the film comes out

and we can maybe have Doggett & Reyes and who knows who else? that should be how the film starts anyways.
Back to top Go down
ChaosTheory

ChaosTheory

PostSubject: Re: "Worst Movies of 2012"   "Worst Movies of 2012" - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 21, 2013 4:55 am

It's been a looonnng time since I watched any X-files but I'm gonna go ahead & post my worst of 2012 list, if that's okay. Laughing

SEEKING JUSTICE - sad-ass Nicolas Cage "thriller", takes the basic premise of Vengeance Unlimited but removes the humor, moral ambiguity and Michael Madsen ownage.
WANDERLUST - raunchy comedy is one thing but this was just really desparate about it. I usually like Paul Rudd too.
THE INNKEEPERS - mainly because I hated the main characters
FRIENDS WITH KIDS - awful, even for a romcom. I thought a movie with half the cast of BRIDESMAIDS and Adam from Parcs & Rec would at least provide a few chuckles. How wrong I was.
21 JUMP STREET - yet another pointless reboot
MAGIC MIKE aka THE BRO IN GOLD BOOTS
BATTLESHIP - it was just so so lazy.
LOCKOUT - should have been dumb & fun, but instead was loud & mean.
LOLA VERSUS - painfully twee & unfunny

I didn't see THAT'S MY BOY, I gave up on Sandler a while ago, but I'll take everyone's word that it's awful.
Back to top Go down
http://anxietycloset.storenvy.com
Angie Matera

Angie Matera

PostSubject: Re: "Worst Movies of 2012"   "Worst Movies of 2012" - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 21, 2013 6:56 am

wildhoney66 wrote:
it's been a long time since i last saw season 9 so i can't say what i think of it. but i didn't think it was terrible.

what they should do if they do another film to concide with the invasion of (2012) is start the film with them being invaded than say 15 minutes into the film it shifts to the current year say (2014) if that's when the film comes out

and we can maybe have Doggett & Reyes and who knows who else? that should be how the film starts anyways.
Yeah that would be awesome. I heard though that they canceled the idea for a third movie since the 2nd one failed.
Back to top Go down
Angie Matera

Angie Matera

PostSubject: Re: "Worst Movies of 2012"   "Worst Movies of 2012" - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 21, 2013 6:59 am

ChaosTheory wrote:
It's been a looonnng time since I watched any X-files but I'm gonna go ahead & post my worst of 2012 list, if that's okay. Laughing

SEEKING JUSTICE - sad-ass Nicolas Cage "thriller", takes the basic premise of Vengeance Unlimited but removes the humor, moral ambiguity and Michael Madsen ownage.
WANDERLUST - raunchy comedy is one thing but this was just really desparate about it. I usually like Paul Rudd too.
THE INNKEEPERS - mainly because I hated the main characters
FRIENDS WITH KIDS - awful, even for a romcom. I thought a movie with half the cast of BRIDESMAIDS and Adam from Parcs & Rec would at least provide a few chuckles. How wrong I was.
21 JUMP STREET - yet another pointless reboot
MAGIC MIKE aka THE BRO IN GOLD BOOTS
BATTLESHIP - it was just so so lazy.
LOCKOUT - should have been dumb & fun, but instead was loud & mean.
LOLA VERSUS - painfully twee & unfunny

I didn't see THAT'S MY BOY, I gave up on Sandler a while ago, but I'll take everyone's word that it's awful.

I forgot all about LockOut and Battleship those movies sucked big tim. i didnt see the others and yeah i gave up on Sandler along time ago as well and i cant stand most of what his company makes.
Back to top Go down
Frank Rizzo

Frank Rizzo

PostSubject: Re: "Worst Movies of 2012"   "Worst Movies of 2012" - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 21, 2013 7:03 am

I gave up on Battleship when I saw the very uninspiring trailer, and found out it cost almost 250 million to make and it just looked like bad, bloated CGI.
Back to top Go down
wildhoney66

wildhoney66

PostSubject: Re: "Worst Movies of 2012"   "Worst Movies of 2012" - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 21, 2013 8:57 am

or as Brad calls it the movie about what was it a burito wasn't it? or something similar like that?

as for the x-files yes they i think did cancell it at the time. but i believe Christ Carter wants to make at least 1 final film and i'm only guessing here folks. he wants to finish his story i think. and he's been trying to get it made ever since.

kinda like the cast and crew and everyone really that did the show "Veronica Mars' which is a show that i just LOVE to death have been trying to get a film made out of that ever since the show was cancelled. yet the studio doesn't think they will make any money off it since the show was cancelled. yet everyone wants to make it. it kinda sounds like the same thing doesn't it?

anways even though i loved the last batman film i was kinda waiting for someone to post it here. cause not everyone liked it. not just brad mind you. but i dunno how many times i've read people say how bad of a film it turned out to be. that's all
Back to top Go down
Angie Matera

Angie Matera

PostSubject: Re: "Worst Movies of 2012"   "Worst Movies of 2012" - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 21, 2013 9:05 am

wildhoney66 wrote:
or as Brad calls it the movie about what was it a burito wasn't it? or something similar like that?

as for the x-files yes they i think did cancell it at the time. but i believe Christ Carter wants to make at least 1 final film and i'm only guessing here folks. he wants to finish his story i think. and he's been trying to get it made ever since.

kinda like the cast and crew and everyone really that did the show "Veronica Mars' which is a show that i just LOVE to death have been trying to get a film made out of that ever since the show was cancelled. yet the studio doesn't think they will make any money off it since the show was cancelled. yet everyone wants to make it. it kinda sounds like the same thing doesn't it?

anways even though i loved the last batman film i was kinda waiting for someone to post it here. cause not everyone liked it. not just brad mind you. but i dunno how many times i've read people say how bad of a film it turned out to be. that's all

Yeah i loved the dark knight rise to but i do know people who hate it. I have this on friend who hates it as if it were the devil and thinks its even worse then Batman and Robin(im not joking). And yeah i hope Carter gets to conclude X-files ; I never saw Veronica Mars before but i heard good things about it
Back to top Go down
wildhoney66

wildhoney66

PostSubject: Re: "Worst Movies of 2012"   "Worst Movies of 2012" - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 21, 2013 9:32 am

by all means please check it out. the 1st seasons acting isn't that great it got better in the 2nd season but the 1st season is the best season they did. also the show ended on the a cliff-hanger why is why i fucking hate cliff-hangers!

and SERIOUSLY they hate it worse than batman and robin? honestly i don't hate that film. it's an ok film to watch every once in awhile when nothing else is in. and if you don't take it serious and just watch it to kill time. it's not that bad of a film. but it of course is the worst batman film so far there's no doubt about it.

it's a film so bad it's good type of thing. honestly i loved the last batman film more than dark knight. even though dark knight rises has plenty of flaws to be fair.
Back to top Go down
ChaosTheory

ChaosTheory

PostSubject: Re: "Worst Movies of 2012"   "Worst Movies of 2012" - Page 2 EmptySat Jan 26, 2013 1:40 am

[quote="Angie Matera"]Heres the worst films ive seen this year in no order .

Rock Of Ages-Shitsoundtrack+shit story=shit movie
/quote]

I just saw this and yeah, it was pretty atrocious. Is there a petition we can sign to have Russel Brand removed from the planet?
Back to top Go down
http://anxietycloset.storenvy.com
wildhoney66

wildhoney66

PostSubject: Re: "Worst Movies of 2012"   "Worst Movies of 2012" - Page 2 EmptyTue Jan 29, 2013 4:56 am

i'd sign it in a fucking heartbeat. i haven't seen this film yet. but i'm also in no rush. just by what brad said about it.

no i don't judge everything he says by if i want to see this or that film. there are plenty of films i love that he hates. so my point is i also go by my gut. anyways,

i haven't seen anything new as of late cause i've really only been watching 'The x-files' and my tv shows that i love.

and that's pretty much it,
Back to top Go down
Angie Matera

Angie Matera

PostSubject: Re: "Worst Movies of 2012"   "Worst Movies of 2012" - Page 2 EmptyTue Feb 26, 2013 3:34 am

[quote="ChaosTheory"]
Angie Matera wrote:
Heres the worst films ive seen this year in no order .

Rock Of Ages-Shitsoundtrack+shit story=shit movie
/quote]

I just saw this and yeah, it was pretty atrocious. Is there a petition we can sign to have Russel Brand removed from the planet?

id so love it if we could ban him from the planet lol.its like this movie was made to piss me off lol. I hate Tom cruise sure theres a few films i like with him such as Magnolia and Legend but i mostly depise him. I hate Arena Rock. i hate jukebox musicals(Moulin Rouge and Across the universe are too of my least favorites). And i hate chessy love stories and this movie is a fusion of all of that lol
Back to top Go down
wildhoney66

wildhoney66

PostSubject: Re: "Worst Movies of 2012"   "Worst Movies of 2012" - Page 2 EmptyTue Feb 26, 2013 7:09 am

i also agree i'd love to ban him and shit i can prolly think of 300 other people that i either know or that are famous. he he

regardless if they have any kind of talent or not.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: "Worst Movies of 2012"   "Worst Movies of 2012" - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

"Worst Movies of 2012"
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2