The Cinema Snob
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pierre Kirby Approved.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Best & Worst Adam Sandler Movies I've Seen

Go down 
+7
Angie Matera
ChaosTheory
Razzly
jaltesorensen
wildhoney66
theGerman
Otaku4Life
11 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Otaku4Life

Otaku4Life

Best & Worst Adam Sandler Movies I've Seen Empty
PostSubject: Best & Worst Adam Sandler Movies I've Seen   Best & Worst Adam Sandler Movies I've Seen EmptyMon May 13, 2013 12:19 pm

Best Adam Sandler Movie I've Seen

Worst Adam Sandler Movie I've Seen
Back to top Go down
theGerman

theGerman

PostSubject: Re: Best & Worst Adam Sandler Movies I've Seen   Best & Worst Adam Sandler Movies I've Seen EmptyMon May 13, 2013 5:49 pm

As for myself I would have to choose between Click, Happy Gilmore, Anger Management and Little Nicky.
Worst movie? Almost skipped all those movies that are considered bad (Like That's my boy etc.), but if Voice alone counts than I would say Hotel Transylvania.
Back to top Go down
wildhoney66

wildhoney66

PostSubject: Re: Best & Worst Adam Sandler Movies I've Seen   Best & Worst Adam Sandler Movies I've Seen EmptyMon May 13, 2013 6:13 pm

the 2 that i enjoy are "Happy Gilmore' the part where he gets his ass handed to him by bob barker is easily the best part of the film. i dunno why i like that film but i do. even though the character is a fucking prick. and click. i think that was also the last adam sandler film i did see! i have to agree wtih Jake when he said he plays the same character in all of his comedy's.

worst? that i've seen so far? would prolly be litlte nicky, though i only watched it for Harvey Kietel playing the devil. and the sweet ass part with Ozzy Osbourne. the film is a piece of shit and i really do get why that fucker flopped like it should have.
Back to top Go down
jaltesorensen

jaltesorensen

PostSubject: Re: Best & Worst Adam Sandler Movies I've Seen   Best & Worst Adam Sandler Movies I've Seen EmptyMon May 13, 2013 8:28 pm

I kinda like "Billy Madison", and most of the early Adam Sandler movies. I like "Happy Gilmore" and "Big Daddy" as well.

I liked them up until one point: "Mr Deeds", which is the worst Adam Sandler movie i've watch. Not because it is particular bad. It was just the first of the movies, in which i realized that all of Adam Sandlers movies just follow a formular. It's kinda the same movie in different packaging, i thought when i saw that movie. I havent watched many Adam Sandler movies since, so i cant tell you whether i would hate "that's my boy" or "Grown ups". But since i am biased, im sure i would go into those movies wanting to hate it. So im not going to watch them, unless some one forces me to.
Back to top Go down
Razzly

Razzly

PostSubject: Re: Best & Worst Adam Sandler Movies I've Seen   Best & Worst Adam Sandler Movies I've Seen EmptyMon May 13, 2013 8:45 pm

Washa-boosha-bosha
Back to top Go down
ChaosTheory

ChaosTheory

PostSubject: Re: Best & Worst Adam Sandler Movies I've Seen   Best & Worst Adam Sandler Movies I've Seen EmptyMon May 13, 2013 9:56 pm

My picks for best: PUNCH-DRUNK LOVE, THE WEDDING SINGER & HAPPY GILMORE. I remember liking BILLY MADISON but I haven't revisited it in years.

Worst? THE WATERBOY, which I was foolhardy enough to see in the theater. I wasn't keen on FUNNY PEOPLE or REIGN OVER ME either. I haven't seen the really notorious ones like THAT"S MY BOY or JACK & JILL.....
Back to top Go down
http://anxietycloset.storenvy.com
Angie Matera

Angie Matera

PostSubject: Re: Best & Worst Adam Sandler Movies I've Seen   Best & Worst Adam Sandler Movies I've Seen EmptyMon May 13, 2013 10:32 pm

The best(and only ones i liked),Punch drunk love,Happy gilmore,Billmadison,Funny people andAnger mangemnet.

Worst:Little nicky,THewaterboy,Jack and jill,Chuck and Larry,50 first dates,Grown ups,Mr.Deeds,just go with it.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/angelina.matera
wildhoney66

wildhoney66

PostSubject: Re: Best & Worst Adam Sandler Movies I've Seen   Best & Worst Adam Sandler Movies I've Seen EmptyWed May 15, 2013 10:09 am

ok i forgot about 'the wedding singer' that one is a bit different than his normal shit. that one i do like.

funny story, sean you may get a kick out of this, when that came out i was working at as i call it Death King. well burger king if you get confused. anyways my manager looked just like Adam Sandler's best friend. same hairstyle and everything. his name was Dave and he was a good guy. and though it was years later when i finally got around to watch it. they were right he did look like the best friend. i forget the chracters name but i'm sure you all know who i mean.
Back to top Go down
Skibz

Skibz

PostSubject: Re: Best & Worst Adam Sandler Movies I've Seen   Best & Worst Adam Sandler Movies I've Seen EmptyThu May 16, 2013 3:34 am

I can tolerate 'Airheads', but I literally can't stand anything else Adam Sandler's been in, excluding his brief cameo in 'Dirty Work' and bit part in 'Shakes the Clown'. And yes, that includes 'The Wedding Singer' and 'Punch-Drunk Love'. I'm surprised by how many of his films I've seen, and it's a combination of both not liking the actor and not liking the films themselves.

I haven't seen any of his most recent disasters, but I have a hard time believing they'd be worse than 'Going Overboard'. That was a career low for Adam Rifkin, and that's really saying something.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/theskibz
wildhoney66

wildhoney66

PostSubject: Re: Best & Worst Adam Sandler Movies I've Seen   Best & Worst Adam Sandler Movies I've Seen EmptyThu May 16, 2013 9:22 am

Airheads that's another film that i love. but the thing is, i forgot he was even in that one! i haven't seen it in years though. and can you believe that film is nearly 20 years old? i used to love the film "Shakes the clown' i dunno why but i used to. i haven't seen that one either. i had no idea Sandler was in that one either.

i dunno what i'd think about it now though.
Back to top Go down
jaltesorensen

jaltesorensen

PostSubject: Re: Best & Worst Adam Sandler Movies I've Seen   Best & Worst Adam Sandler Movies I've Seen EmptySun May 19, 2013 6:41 pm

Someone posted this picture on reddit, a few months ago. Seems a little relevant here.

Best & Worst Adam Sandler Movies I've Seen JdinGNe
Back to top Go down
wildhoney66

wildhoney66

PostSubject: Re: Best & Worst Adam Sandler Movies I've Seen   Best & Worst Adam Sandler Movies I've Seen EmptyMon May 20, 2013 1:18 am

anger mangement i also liked. didn't love but liked. i really only' watched it cause of Jack Nicholson. but it's a fun film. that isn't great but it's a decent one. the longest yard i enjoyed as well. really only watched cause 'Burt Reynolds' is in it. i like the original (1974) film too.

Happy Gilmore wasn't (1993) it was after Billy Madison. so my guess is (1996) ? i forget the year but it was after billy madison.
Back to top Go down
Otaku4Life

Otaku4Life

PostSubject: Re: Best & Worst Adam Sandler Movies I've Seen   Best & Worst Adam Sandler Movies I've Seen EmptyWed May 22, 2013 8:01 am

jaltesorensen wrote:
Someone posted this picture on reddit, a few months ago. Seems a little relevant here.

Best & Worst Adam Sandler Movies I've Seen JdinGNe

I think "That's My Boy" is probably way on the bottom of the spectrum of really bad Adam Sandler movies.
Back to top Go down
wildhoney66

wildhoney66

PostSubject: Re: Best & Worst Adam Sandler Movies I've Seen   Best & Worst Adam Sandler Movies I've Seen EmptyWed May 22, 2013 12:03 pm

1stly i'm kinda surprised Jake hasn't come on here and said something. and this should anger him, i've talked to people who actually enjoyed that film! i haven't seen it yet to be fair. but going by what's been said about it either by jake and Sarah. and many other people it's a WHAT THE FUCK? why would anyone like a film like that? WHY WHY ?

to quote Jake. well partly quoting him anyways. but i do gotta say that Anger Managment is one where he can actually act in. he doesn't do the voices like other films. is a decent film.
Back to top Go down
Otaku4Life

Otaku4Life

PostSubject: Re: Best & Worst Adam Sandler Movies I've Seen   Best & Worst Adam Sandler Movies I've Seen EmptyWed May 22, 2013 12:19 pm

Richard Roeper really hated "That's My Boy".
Just listen to the tone of his voice during his review.
Back to top Go down
wildhoney66

wildhoney66

PostSubject: Re: Best & Worst Adam Sandler Movies I've Seen   Best & Worst Adam Sandler Movies I've Seen EmptyWed May 22, 2013 1:14 pm

ok i gotta admit i really haven't watched movie reviews in years. but i fucking LOVED this review. though it's NOT nearly as funny or as good as Jake's rant on how shitty it was. you could tell Roeper was holding back by saying what jake pretty much said. since it was on national television.

but in his personal life no doubt he did just that. anyways get this My Leonard Maltin (2013) movie guide gave it

drum roll 2 stars! huh? was he smoking some good shit when he saw it? and didn't share with anyone? honestly i don't hate Adam Sandler. though i did fucking HATE him on SNL. and his solo albums were fucking terrible.

give or take a few movies i don't mind him in. let's face it his films have gotten worse in recent years. my mom watched Jack & Jill and she liked it and i went HUH? WTF? i guess she's easy to please ? or something? or she just was in the mood to watch a shitty movie? i haven't seen that one yet. but i'm also in no rush either.

the guy is in his 40's now he should stop doing humor that makes a 12 year old laugh! at least with Click it was part drama and comedy. he was pretty much himself in that one. granted it's been awhle since i last saw it. but that one i did like. and christopher Walken was fucking funny as hell in that one!
Back to top Go down
Randy Spears

Randy Spears

PostSubject: Re: Best & Worst Adam Sandler Movies I've Seen   Best & Worst Adam Sandler Movies I've Seen EmptyTue Jun 11, 2013 6:03 am

Bump.

I just saw the trailer for Grown Ups 2 and my guess is that's going to be in the sucks column.

Sandler films I liked:

Airheads
Billy Madison
Happy Gilmore
The Wedding Singer
Punch-Drunk Love
Anger Management
The Longest Yard (I love '70s Burt Reynolds so I had to give it a shot.)

Adam Sandler films I hated:

Going Overboard(Yes, I have seen that one.)
Little Nicky
Mr. Deeds
I Now Pronounce You Chuck & Larry
Bedtime Stories
Grown Ups
Just Go with It
Jack and Jill
That's My Boy
and I'm just going to put it in there....Grown Ups 2.

Adam Sandler films I'm indifferent to; can go either way:

Bulletproof (I liked the buddy chemistry he had to Damon Wayans)
Big Daddy
Eight Crazy Nights (It has it's moments IMO)
50 First Dates (Barrymore and Sandler just couldn't copy the chemistry they had in The Wedding Singer)
Spanglish (Has it's moments)
You Don't Mess with the Zohan
Funny People

To me, Sandler seems like a likable guy. In fact from everything I hear he's one of the nicest guys in Hollywood. I just think he just gave up after his fans hated his serious films. So in stead of trying to better himself as an actor and filmmaker he just does the same movie over and over again.

The same jokes, plus the same plots, plus a WAY out of his league wife/girlfriend, equals every Sandler movie since 2006.

Sandler is still a big enough name that if he wanted too he could make a few films radically different then he does now. But he makes 37 million a picture to tell the same jokes, recycle the same plots and have a way out of his league wife/girlfriend. So why would he change?
Back to top Go down
wildhoney66

wildhoney66

PostSubject: Re: Best & Worst Adam Sandler Movies I've Seen   Best & Worst Adam Sandler Movies I've Seen EmptyTue Jun 11, 2013 9:20 am

well said. i havne't seen that many of his films that were serious, but really he should do more of those, honestly i tire of his endless comedies, yes there have been funny ones, but like you said the recent ones looked like shit. the last one i saw was 'Click 'and that one i did enjoy and that was the last film i saw him in.

i do enjoy the wedding singer that's i believe my sister-in-law's favorite movie well at least she picked a good one.
Drew Barrymore falls into that same catergory she plays the same character pretty much since "Boys on the side'

weather they are drama or comedy. she doens't try different things like she used to either. it's the same shit.
Back to top Go down
Randy Spears

Randy Spears

PostSubject: Re: Best & Worst Adam Sandler Movies I've Seen   Best & Worst Adam Sandler Movies I've Seen EmptyTue Jun 11, 2013 8:10 pm

wildhoney66 wrote:
well said. i havne't seen that many of his films that were serious, but really he should do more of those, honestly i tire of his endless comedies, yes there have been funny ones, but like you said the recent ones looked like shit. the last one i saw was 'Click 'and that one i did enjoy and that was the last film i saw him in.

i do enjoy the wedding singer that's i believe my sister-in-law's favorite movie well at least she picked a good one.
Drew Barrymore falls into that same catergory she plays the same character pretty much since "Boys on the side'

weather they are drama or comedy. she doens't try different things like she used to either. it's the same shit.

A lot of comics have the problem of doing the same movie over and over again because their fans demand it.

Jim Carrey still gets grief by his fans over The Majestic and The Truman Show. Mike Myers never brings up "54" even though IMO he was good in it.

The only difference is that Carrey didn't care what his die-hards thought and wanted to do more serious films whether their good or not. Myers and Sandler cared and gave up.
Back to top Go down
Frank Rizzo

Frank Rizzo

PostSubject: Re: Best & Worst Adam Sandler Movies I've Seen   Best & Worst Adam Sandler Movies I've Seen EmptyTue Jun 11, 2013 8:37 pm

I saw The Purge last night, and the trailer for Kick Ass 2 came on, and when Jim Carrey appeared on screen, a portion of the audience clapped and whooped, so maybe, just maybe, he's getting a slight resurgence?

Back to top Go down
theGerman

theGerman

PostSubject: Re: Best & Worst Adam Sandler Movies I've Seen   Best & Worst Adam Sandler Movies I've Seen EmptyTue Jun 11, 2013 10:28 pm

Carrey gets grief over The Truman Show? I always had the opinion that he was genuinely loved for his role. Know a lot of people that even consider it his best movie.

Last edited by theGerman on Tue Jun 11, 2013 10:34 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Frank Rizzo

Frank Rizzo

PostSubject: Re: Best & Worst Adam Sandler Movies I've Seen   Best & Worst Adam Sandler Movies I've Seen EmptyTue Jun 11, 2013 10:32 pm

theGerman wrote:
Carrey gets grief over The Truman Show? I always had the opinion that he was genuinely loved for his role. Now a lot of people that even consider it his best movie.

I was thinking the same thing. Back when it came out, all I heard was good things about Jim's performance in that movie.
Back to top Go down
Angie Matera

Angie Matera

PostSubject: Re: Best & Worst Adam Sandler Movies I've Seen   Best & Worst Adam Sandler Movies I've Seen EmptyWed Jun 12, 2013 8:35 am

my favorite Jim Carrey film will always be Eternal Sunshine.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/angelina.matera
Razzly

Razzly

PostSubject: Re: Best & Worst Adam Sandler Movies I've Seen   Best & Worst Adam Sandler Movies I've Seen EmptySun Jun 16, 2013 1:21 pm

i enjoy Click. i guess 

havent seen much sandler, really.
Back to top Go down
Randy Spears

Randy Spears

PostSubject: Re: Best & Worst Adam Sandler Movies I've Seen   Best & Worst Adam Sandler Movies I've Seen EmptySun Jun 01, 2014 6:20 am

Bump….well he tried to get back, "The Wedding Singer" chemistry he had with Drew Barrymoore. And from the looks of it, no one cared to see his latest movie Blended.

I saw this article from Cracked.

Eulogy for the Genius of Adam Sandler

I personally think Sandler needs to do something drastically different in his next few films. Why not be a crazy killer, maybe be a 1930's Jewish Mafia heavy or even try an straight action film. But hey, he's one of the top five most paid actors in Hollywood. Why change, right?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Best & Worst Adam Sandler Movies I've Seen   Best & Worst Adam Sandler Movies I've Seen Empty

Back to top Go down

Best & Worst Adam Sandler Movies I've Seen
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next