The Cinema Snob
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pierre Kirby Approved.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

What Was The Last Movie You Watched?

Go down 
+81
Tabascofanatikerin
Razzly
Inquisitor
Skibz
Ninty64X
The_Stone_Guest
Toyland Chairman
ZappaDave
Alyxx
metateen
80'sDavid
aga
EvilSpirit
AstaKask
EccentricSnob
fubar_in_pittsburgh
perkele
kraufen
jasn0_X
Hybrid Pig-Boy
polygonalchemist
Subterfuge
Longinus
theGerman
Kayna
Weezy-LUiGi
The Man in Black
Eckertmania
Santa Dog II
ItsVince725
gunflyer
Ashxking
PanzerschreckLeopard
LeMunson
Randy Spears
Brakywaki
Tykittaa
Indiana Groans
DanteRespite
Rudiger
Jerky McSquirt
IAKO
UnholyMephistopheles
Salim
Captain Smack-Pigeon
Second Hand Store
Candyman
TheCinemaCynic
barrylikesbnbns
moonsknight
Vendaval FJ
O'Hara
Dyson sphere
unrealbe
gregmcduck
Angie Matera
obin_gam
KingLDub
UnknownKadath
MonkeyMan
Son Of Jack Deth
relauby
Bassbait
PCDOS
Frank Rizzo
ScrotumusMaximus
Mondo a Go-Go
tonythe chosen
Tommy Wiseau
Lady stardust
ermac
LeperMessiah117
Kaneda
A Cockatrice
Mother of Invention
JustinDP
The Original Greaser Bob
LucasChad
thegormer
Minuto
85 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 25 ... 41  Next
AuthorMessage
The Original Greaser Bob

The Original Greaser Bob

What Was The Last Movie You Watched? - Page 10 Empty
PostSubject: Re: What Was The Last Movie You Watched?   What Was The Last Movie You Watched? - Page 10 EmptyMon Apr 11, 2011 9:33 am

UnknownKadath wrote:
The Dude wrote:

(On Evil Dead)It was fairly creepy. Nothing high-caliber, but decent.

Yeh, more or less. I just think it has some damn good atmosphere that manages to raise some hairs, and there are some minor things that get to me for some reason.
It definitely had it's moments, like the bad-ass stop-motion finale.

UnknownKadath wrote:
The Dude wrote:
Machete. Seriously hoping that Machete Kills and Machete Kills Again end up being made.

Definitely. My wife & I saw Machete in the theatre right before it was removed from the only decent theatre chain in this state and it was one of the rare times where we walked out with massive grins on our faces, chuckling like teenage morons at how awesome it was. I fucking love Robert Rodriguez. Batshit insane for all the right reasons.
Strange that a movie like Spy Kids could spawn something so delightful.
Back to top Go down
UnknownKadath

UnknownKadath

Location : I live in my namesake, of course!.. Okay, in real life - Japan.

PostSubject: Re: What Was The Last Movie You Watched?   What Was The Last Movie You Watched? - Page 10 EmptyMon Apr 11, 2011 11:39 am

The Dude wrote:
UnknownKadath wrote:
The Dude wrote:

Yeh, more or less. I just think it has some damn good atmosphere that manages to raise some hairs, and there are some minor things that get to me for some reason.

Stop motion is almost always bad ass. I kind of miss it. I still think that if they ever make Gyo stop motion would be the way to go, and if I remember correctly - you agreed.

UnknownKadath wrote:
The Dude wrote:
Machete. Seriously hoping that Machete Kills and Machete Kills Again end up being made.

Definitely. My wife & I saw Machete in the theatre right before it was removed from the only decent theatre chain in this state and it was one of the rare times where we walked out with massive grins on our faces, chuckling like teenage morons at how awesome it was. I fucking love Robert Rodriguez. Batshit insane for all the right reasons.
TheDude wrote:

I actually liked SpyKids when I was younger, so it was actually kind of weird when I went "Why the fuck does a movie that has a naked woman with a cellphone hidden up her crotch remind me of my childhood?" That thought literally processed in my head, and it took the IMDb to remind me that Machete was in that.

Edit: Just watched "Dead Men Don't Wear Plaid." I love that movie to death. One of my favourite Steve Martin flicks next to The Jerk. Back when Steve Martin in the credits actually meant "Funny movie."
Back to top Go down
Candyman

Candyman

PostSubject: Re: What Was The Last Movie You Watched?   What Was The Last Movie You Watched? - Page 10 EmptyMon Apr 11, 2011 1:21 pm

I saw Silent Hill over the weekend for the first time and it was incredible boring. I mean it has some grotesque imagery but the pace of the film was unbearable slow. The twist (if you can call it that) makes the whole movie pointless. None of the characters are explained and I don't care about any of them. No real scary scene.

And I re-watched The Mist. Loved everything about the movie (including the hammy acting).
Back to top Go down
relauby

relauby

PostSubject: Re: What Was The Last Movie You Watched?   What Was The Last Movie You Watched? - Page 10 EmptyTue Apr 12, 2011 12:08 am

I saw Insidious in theatres. I liked it, but it didn't scare me or creep me out. I was mostly too annoyed at all the jump scares near the beginning of the movie that I just couldn't get that drawn in. Still, it was a fun movie.

Me and my brothers also watched (re-watched for me) Vampire's Kiss. Oh god, I never got tired of that movie.
Back to top Go down
Mondo a Go-Go

Mondo a Go-Go

PostSubject: Re: What Was The Last Movie You Watched?   What Was The Last Movie You Watched? - Page 10 EmptyTue Apr 12, 2011 3:13 am

I had a pretty amazing double feature of Galaxy of Terror and The Green Slime on TCM early Saturday morning, then New York Ripper and Basket Case that night with Netflix. Good God, the sleaze in New York Ripper! I think it wore away a hole in my TV.
Back to top Go down
The Original Greaser Bob

The Original Greaser Bob

PostSubject: Re: What Was The Last Movie You Watched?   What Was The Last Movie You Watched? - Page 10 EmptyTue Apr 12, 2011 4:45 am

UnknownKadath wrote:
The Dude wrote:
UnknownKadath wrote:
The Dude wrote:

Stop motion is almost always bad ass. I kind of miss it. I still think that if they ever make Gyo stop motion would be the way to go, and if I remember correctly - you agreed.

UnknownKadath wrote:
The Dude wrote:

TheDude wrote:

I actually liked SpyKids when I was younger, so it was actually kind of weird when I went "Why the fuck does a movie that has a naked woman with a cellphone hidden up her crotch remind me of my childhood?" That thought literally processed in my head, and it took the IMDb to remind me that Machete was in that.
Yeah, I've mentioned I'm a proponent of stop-motion; I'm planning on experimenting with it in the near future.

I also like Spy Kids as a kid, and I thought it was okay, but it hasn't aged well, in my opinion at least.
Back to top Go down
UnknownKadath

UnknownKadath

PostSubject: Re: What Was The Last Movie You Watched?   What Was The Last Movie You Watched? - Page 10 EmptyTue Apr 12, 2011 10:01 am

The Dude wrote:
UnknownKadath wrote:
The Dude wrote:
UnknownKadath wrote:
The Dude wrote:

UnknownKadath wrote:
The Dude wrote:

TheDude wrote:

Yeah, I've mentioned I'm a proponent of stop-motion; I'm planning on experimenting with it in the near future.

I also like Spy Kids as a kid, and I thought it was okay, but it hasn't aged well, in my opinion at least.

Definitely hasn't aged well, and I will admit that when #2 came out I was a bit older and had already kind of wondered what appealed to me about #1.

Also, our theatre just played a local indie film called Zions Sadist. It was, uhm.... weird. We kind of show open mic indie movies sometimes, it was one of those. I think it was made fairly well, but it was really just Guinea Pig: Flower of Flesh and Blood but with the Geisha replaced with a gentile and the killer/samurai butcher replaced with a crazy Mormon.
Back to top Go down
Tommy Wiseau

Tommy Wiseau

PostSubject: Re: What Was The Last Movie You Watched?   What Was The Last Movie You Watched? - Page 10 EmptyTue Apr 12, 2011 5:06 pm

I watched One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest again for school. Now that I've read the book, it's disappointing how much they leave out of the movie - of course, every movie leaves out some info from the book, but there's some stuff that would have made the movie so much more deep, and the characters' emotions so much more real. In fact, I wasn't digging the comedy aspect of the book all that much, but the dramatic scenes were still very powerful and emotional.
Back to top Go down
UnknownKadath

UnknownKadath

PostSubject: Re: What Was The Last Movie You Watched?   What Was The Last Movie You Watched? - Page 10 EmptyTue Apr 12, 2011 9:05 pm

Tommy Wiseau wrote:
I watched One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest again for school. Now that I've read the book, it's disappointing how much they leave out of the movie - of course, every movie leaves out some info from the book, but there's some stuff that would have made the movie so much more deep, and the characters' emotions so much more real. In fact, I wasn't digging the comedy aspect of the book all that much, but the dramatic scenes were still very powerful and emotional.

I read the book first - and I enjoyed the book, but I actually liked the movie more in some ways. While I do agree that there were a lot of things left out that could have added to it (Especially the fuck with your head bits that show how the asylum affects McMurphy psychologically - the movie only really showed how it bit him in the arse outside of the mental realm.) I think the movie got a few things right in favour of. For one, even though I knew ahead because I had read the book - the people who watched it with me seemed surprised when they found out that Bromden was hiding his ailments, and I do admit they did a good job trying to hide that to make the ending a bit more surprising and I wish that the book maybe had some mystery regarding that instead of him blankly admitting it; he could have still narrated it through what he saw and how he thought. I also feel that Louise Fletcher really made Nurse Ratched the bitch we all recognize, an example of an actor/actress enhancing their character through performance and Nicholson was spot on as well.

When it came to the comedic elements, I didn't really mind them too much. In fact I always chuckled at the discussion they have regarding Martini while playing Monopoly. The scene in the movie was smile worthy, but I wish they had kept the dialogue from that bit.
Back to top Go down
Tommy Wiseau

Tommy Wiseau

PostSubject: Re: What Was The Last Movie You Watched?   What Was The Last Movie You Watched? - Page 10 EmptyWed Apr 13, 2011 1:32 am

The thing about Louise Fletcher's performance was that the way she spoke didn't fit her character - instead of being fakely polite and nice, it sounded almost unemotional a lot of the time. She was still pretty amazing in her role, and the way she acted physically fit incredibly well. Nicholson's still amazing, too, and Brad Dourif easily deserved his nomination.

As for stuff regarding Chief's ailments, the movie didn't make Chief a very major character, to the point that the big reveal didn't have as much significance as it could have had. It's cool that they made it a twist in the story, though. Also, the book was great in that it described his schizophrenia and the symbolism his hallucinations had, while this wasn't even mentioned in the movie.

And the comedy stuff wasn't bad or anything, but I would have preferred less of it overall.
Back to top Go down
TheCinemaCynic

TheCinemaCynic

PostSubject: Re: What Was The Last Movie You Watched?   What Was The Last Movie You Watched? - Page 10 EmptyThu Apr 14, 2011 7:36 am

Alone In The Dark

I netflixed this just to hear Uwe Boll's commentary(This dude is out of his fucking mind lol). But even with the commentary I had to take a break 20min into it. I'll probably go back to it latter.
Back to top Go down
obin_gam

obin_gam

PostSubject: Re: What Was The Last Movie You Watched?   What Was The Last Movie You Watched? - Page 10 EmptyThu Apr 14, 2011 10:47 am

Every 2 weeks we have a film-screening on the campus. This spring the theme is technoligy of the body and mind. First up was Inception, no need to say it was great. Then Gattaca, not as good but still a OK thriller. Yesterday, Repo Men. OGH MY GODS! What a terrible terrible piece of shit that was!

Okay, so the first half was decent, but when he got rouge everything just went down the toilet. The concept is good and have worked previously (I love The Genetc Opera btw) and they should get cred for trying to do a Paul Verhoven:esque parody-commentary in the veins of Starship Troopers and RoboCop. But the difference with those movies as that they actually were good while everything in Reop Men was... not. the action was boring, the acting was terrible: the only actor who looked like wasnt a dead-eyed zombie the whole time was Liev Shreiber (but he's always great no matter what he does hehe), the story was stupid and cliché, the love-stuff was... GAAAAAAAAAAH No! No! It doesnt make any fucking sense!!!! Nothing does!!!

And they failed at one of the most important parts in filmmaking - if your gonna put a movie inside your movie; make sure that movie isnt better than yours!

And the ending - oh dear - No! No! You did not just do that! Fuck you movie! Go burn in hell! Evil or Very Mad

1/10 for trying.
Back to top Go down
UnknownKadath

UnknownKadath

PostSubject: Re: What Was The Last Movie You Watched?   What Was The Last Movie You Watched? - Page 10 EmptyFri Apr 15, 2011 4:58 am

My wife just talked me into seeing The Virgin Suicides. The only reason I skipped on it before is I am not a big Sofia Coppola fan. I actually kind of liked it though, I liked the atmosphere and if there is one thing I did like about the other films by her I've seen it was the cinematography. This one felt like it had a bit more substance though, I just felt that at the end of the day Lost in Translation was somewhat empty (Though "OK" I guess. Overrated though.) to me but don't get me started on that vacuous waste of time Marie Antoinette. Also, I liked the fact "AIR" did the theme song for Virgin Suicides. I kinda like them.

obin_gam wrote:
Every 2 weeks we have a film-screening on the campus. This spring the theme is technoligy of the body and mind. First up was Inception, no need to say it was great. Then Gattaca, not as good but still a OK thriller. Yesterday, Repo Men. OGH MY GODS! What a terrible terrible piece of shit that was!

Okay, so the first half was decent, but when he got rouge everything just went down the toilet. The concept is good and have worked previously (I love The Genetc Opera btw) and they should get cred for trying to do a Paul Verhoven:esque parody-commentary in the veins of Starship Troopers and RoboCop. But the difference with those movies as that they actually were good while everything in Reop Men was... not. the action was boring, the acting was terrible: the only actor who looked like wasnt a dead-eyed zombie the whole time was Liev Shreiber (but he's always great no matter what he does hehe), the story was stupid and cliché, the love-stuff was... GAAAAAAAAAAH No! No! It doesnt make any fucking sense!!!! Nothing does!!!

And they failed at one of the most important parts in filmmaking - if your gonna put a movie inside your movie; make sure that movie isnt better than yours!

And the ending - oh dear - No! No! You did not just do that! Fuck you movie! Go burn in hell! Evil or Very Mad

1/10 for trying.

The Genetic Opera kicked ass. It's the main reason I didn't see RepoMen actually, the premise was too close; then I decided to avoid it after bad reviews, plus action movies are always hit and miss with me. I've never seen Gattaca, though I have seen Inception. Also, while you may have seen it as a positive for RepoMen I think comparing it to Paul Verhoeven is another reason I shouldn't see it. Other than RoboCop, I fucking hate Paul Verhoeven.

Back to top Go down
Frank Rizzo

Frank Rizzo

PostSubject: Re: What Was The Last Movie You Watched?   What Was The Last Movie You Watched? - Page 10 EmptyFri Apr 15, 2011 5:52 am

I tried to get into The Virgin Suicides, but after about a half hour, I just wasn't getting into it.
Back to top Go down
UnknownKadath

UnknownKadath

PostSubject: Re: What Was The Last Movie You Watched?   What Was The Last Movie You Watched? - Page 10 EmptySat Apr 16, 2011 10:28 pm

I just watched Forbidden Zone.

Every time I watch that movie - I feel as though I am in heaven. Everytime I am depressed, it lifts me up. Richard and Danny Elfman are fucking geniuses. My wife concurs. So does my cat, though I may or may not be misquoting the cat. I'm pretty sure "Mroooooo" translates to "The Elfmans are fucking geniuses."
Back to top Go down
Frank Rizzo

Frank Rizzo

PostSubject: Re: What Was The Last Movie You Watched?   What Was The Last Movie You Watched? - Page 10 EmptySat Apr 16, 2011 10:40 pm

There's never a dull moment when I watch Forbidden Zone, simply a fantastic movie.
Back to top Go down
Mondo a Go-Go

Mondo a Go-Go

PostSubject: Re: What Was The Last Movie You Watched?   What Was The Last Movie You Watched? - Page 10 EmptySun Apr 17, 2011 12:39 am

UnknownKadath wrote:

Every time I watch that movie - I feel as though I am in heaven. Everytime I am depressed, it lifts me up. Richard and Danny Elfman are fucking geniuses. My wife concurs. So does my cat, though I may or may not be misquoting the cat. I'm pretty sure "Mroooooo" translates to "The Elfmans are fucking geniuses."
I knew I liked you. Smile Forbidden Zone is just brilliant; one of the funniest times I've had was singing the alphabet song with my chemistry teacher, who knew it from the Three Stooges. "Pico and Sepulveda" is a guaranteed must-listen whenever I go to California.
Back to top Go down
obin_gam

obin_gam

PostSubject: Re: What Was The Last Movie You Watched?   What Was The Last Movie You Watched? - Page 10 EmptySun Apr 17, 2011 1:18 am

Having a little Disney-evening tonight;

Watched 20 000 Leagues Under The Sea (the one with Kirk Douglas) earlier. Very cozy movie, a little long I think but entertaining all the way through, I think a 7/10 is fitting. Too bad every other incarnation of the tale is terrible Sad

Just finished watching The Lion King. The first film I watched at the cinema so this one has a special place in my heart. A solid 10/10. I really cant see anyhting wrong with it, a pure and simple masterpiece!

(Watching Beauty and the Beast now, and coming up later is The Sword in the Stone.)
Back to top Go down
relauby

relauby

PostSubject: Re: What Was The Last Movie You Watched?   What Was The Last Movie You Watched? - Page 10 EmptySun Apr 17, 2011 4:07 am

The Arthur remake. It was awful, and I even like Russell Brand. Oh well, I'm popping in Red Rock West now to (hopefully) balance things out.
Back to top Go down
Second Hand Store

Second Hand Store

PostSubject: Re: What Was The Last Movie You Watched?   What Was The Last Movie You Watched? - Page 10 EmptySun Apr 17, 2011 7:04 am

I saw Scream 4. It was okay.
Back to top Go down
UnknownKadath

UnknownKadath

PostSubject: Re: What Was The Last Movie You Watched?   What Was The Last Movie You Watched? - Page 10 EmptySun Apr 17, 2011 7:41 am

Mondo a Go-Go wrote:
UnknownKadath wrote:

I knew I liked you. Smile Forbidden Zone is just brilliant; one of the funniest times I've had was singing the alphabet song with my chemistry teacher, who knew it from the Three Stooges. "Pico and Sepulveda" is a guaranteed must-listen whenever I go to California.

D'aww, I knew I liked you too. My favourite scene is still "Squeezit the Moocher," then again - I'm a devotee of sir Cab Calloway and it was an awesome rendition of Minnie. The whole movie is just awesome though, I remember avoiding it for awhile for no real reason - then thankfully my wife and my boss strapped me down and forced me to watch it.
Back to top Go down
Mondo a Go-Go

Mondo a Go-Go

PostSubject: Re: What Was The Last Movie You Watched?   What Was The Last Movie You Watched? - Page 10 EmptySun Apr 17, 2011 9:13 pm

UnknownKadath wrote:
Mondo a Go-Go wrote:
UnknownKadath wrote:

D'aww, I knew I liked you too. My favourite scene is still "Squeezit the Moocher," then again - I'm a devotee of sir Cab Calloway and it was an awesome rendition of Minnie. The whole movie is just awesome though, I remember avoiding it for awhile for no real reason - then thankfully my wife and my boss strapped me down and forced me to watch it.
Oingo Boingo's Minnie is probably the best I've heard (aside from the original, of course). Have you seen anything else by Richard Elfman?
Back to top Go down
UnknownKadath

UnknownKadath

PostSubject: Re: What Was The Last Movie You Watched?   What Was The Last Movie You Watched? - Page 10 EmptyMon Apr 18, 2011 5:51 am

Mondo a Go-Go wrote:
UnknownKadath wrote:
Mondo a Go-Go wrote:
UnknownKadath wrote:

Oingo Boingo's Minnie is probably the best I've heard (aside from the original, of course). Have you seen anything else by Richard Elfman?

No. No I have not. I have seen him live though, he did showings of Forbidden Zone in Japan Very Happy In fact he mentions it on an extra on the colour edition DVD (Which is a good DVD, the colour job is great; even if I kept our black & white copy since I like B&W.... and I'm a pack rat.) I'm looking forward to Forbidden Galaxy if the rumours are true. Sequels to "cult" movies are usually a bad idea, but seeing as he's doing it out of genuine passion and is even trying to get Jenna and the other Elfmans into the mix maybe it'll be good. Shame Hervez Villechaise died Sad (SP on his name?) I would've loved to see him in #2.
Back to top Go down
Son Of Jack Deth

Son Of Jack Deth

PostSubject: Re: What Was The Last Movie You Watched?   What Was The Last Movie You Watched? - Page 10 EmptyMon Apr 18, 2011 7:46 am

UnknownKadath wrote:
Mondo a Go-Go wrote:
UnknownKadath wrote:
Mondo a Go-Go wrote:
UnknownKadath wrote:

No. No I have not. I have seen him live though, he did showings of Forbidden Zone in Japan Very Happy In fact he mentions it on an extra on the colour edition DVD (Which is a good DVD, the colour job is great; even if I kept our black & white copy since I like B&W.... and I'm a pack rat.) I'm looking forward to Forbidden Galaxy if the rumours are true. Sequels to "cult" movies are usually a bad idea, but seeing as he's doing it out of genuine passion and is even trying to get Jenna and the other Elfmans into the mix maybe it'll be good. Shame Hervez Villechaise died Sad (SP on his name?) I would've loved to see him in #2.

Here's the IMDB entry for it:

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1461678/

This is one of those I'll believe it when I see it sort of thing. Most of the people listed are only rumored, and there appears to be no word on whether or not this is going ahead. I doubt it will. I also doubt that even if it happens it will have near the charm the first one did.

Back to top Go down
UnknownKadath

UnknownKadath

PostSubject: Re: What Was The Last Movie You Watched?   What Was The Last Movie You Watched? - Page 10 EmptyMon Apr 18, 2011 9:26 am

Son Of Jack Deth wrote:
UnknownKadath wrote:
Mondo a Go-Go wrote:
UnknownKadath wrote:
Mondo a Go-Go wrote:
UnknownKadath wrote:

Here's the IMDB entry for it:

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1461678/

This is one of those I'll believe it when I see it sort of thing. Most of the people listed are only rumored, and there appears to be no word on whether or not this is going ahead. I doubt it will. I also doubt that even if it happens it will have near the charm the first one did.

It's rare that sequels ever do, BUT I still think it can be a fun film. I don't expect it to top the original, but I can hope it'll still be a ton of fun. I'll even take it if it's on level with say, Shock Treatment (Still underrated) and I don't think it's going to just be a cashed in sequel.

Also, I just watched The Girl Next Door (The one based on the Jack Ketchum novel.)
I really, really need to go snuggle up with me wife and watch something that'll cheer me up now. I probably should've done a bit of research on it before seeing it, I guess I just figured that my co-worker (who recommended it) knew what kind of content I can't handle by now so I trusted his recommendation. It was "well made" but it's the kind of movie that makes me emotionally and even a little physically ill.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What Was The Last Movie You Watched?   What Was The Last Movie You Watched? - Page 10 Empty

Back to top Go down

What Was The Last Movie You Watched?
Page 10 of 41Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 25 ... 41  Next