Pierre Kirby Approved.

HomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

What Was The Last Movie You Watched?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 23 ... 41  Next
AuthorMessage
A Cockatrice

PostSubject: Re: What Was The Last Movie You Watched?   Sun Mar 20, 2011 1:34 am

UnknownKadath wrote:
I guess, though honestly I feel that Evil Dead II is superior in both regards. Far superior. Speaking of which, I'm one of only 5 people in the whole universe who was actually creeped out by the first Evil Dead.

I found Evil Dead 1 to be a fairly successful horror film, also it does have a fair share of genuine creepy moments (tree rape). I've only seen it once and that was when I was younger, so I'm not sure how creepy it will be now. But but going from what I remember of it you can count me in the 5 people who were creeped out by it.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Tommy Wiseau

PostSubject: Re: What Was The Last Movie You Watched?   Sun Mar 20, 2011 10:55 am

The Red Shoes - This movie is really incredible, and it is yet another example of a movie way ahead of its time.
Now that I think of it, Black Swan perhaps borrowed a lot of elements from it...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
UnknownKadath

Location : I live in my namesake, of course!.. Okay, in real life - Japan.

PostSubject: Re: What Was The Last Movie You Watched?   Sun Mar 20, 2011 2:21 pm

Tommy Wiseau wrote:
The Red Shoes - This movie is really incredible, and it is yet another example of a movie way ahead of its time.
Now that I think of it, Black Swan perhaps borrowed a lot of elements from it...
'

I can't say I've heard of, nor seen that one. I loved Black Swan though, and being a wannabe film historian I suppose I should look it up.

I just watched Breakfast on Pluto. I'm not sure if I liked it or not. There were some entertaining moments, Cillian Murphy did a good job, but to me it didn't really feel like it ever went anywhere. Plus, while I'm one who is for gender politics and gay rights, the movie felt like it was trying to push some sort of agenda - and as hypocritical as this sounds, I always bite a movie that pushes an agenda too sneakily; even if it's one that I would usually support.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Tommy Wiseau

PostSubject: Re: What Was The Last Movie You Watched?   Sun Mar 20, 2011 8:38 pm

The Red Shoes is easily better than Black Swan, and I agree that the latter was also an amazing movie. I could see how The Red Shoes might turn off some people though; It's got an overlong first act, and perhaps underdeveloped second and third acts. The acting is also somewhat over-the-top, but it never felt stupid or hammy.

It was directed by Michael Powell, who you might know as being the guy who did Peeping Tom.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
UnknownKadath

PostSubject: Re: What Was The Last Movie You Watched?   Mon Mar 21, 2011 2:57 am

Tommy Wiseau wrote:
The Red Shoes is easily better than Black Swan, and I agree that the latter was also an amazing movie. I could see how The Red Shoes might turn off some people though; It's got an overlong first act, and perhaps underdeveloped second and third acts. The acting is also somewhat over-the-top, but it never felt stupid or hammy.

It was directed by Michael Powell, who you might know as being the guy who did Peeping Tom.

Nope. Haven't heard either names truth be told.

Also, guess what I just watched! Myself! Well, okay just an adaptation of the book I was named after; "Dreamquest of Unknown Kadath." It was alright. I'm surprised that seeing as the novella didn't really have any concrete story and was more of a collection of odd dreamscapes, they managed to capture the tone and feel of it all. The animation was somewhat limited in motion, but it was appropriately quite bizarre and dreamy. Still, I'm glad to have seen it. It was also hard to get a hold of for some bloody reason.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
The Original Greaser Bob

PostSubject: Re: What Was The Last Movie You Watched?   Mon Mar 21, 2011 6:18 am

Hamlet, Tombstone, andThe Big Lebowski. Again.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Frank Rizzo

PostSubject: Re: What Was The Last Movie You Watched?   Mon Mar 21, 2011 6:19 am

Jackass 3.

Funny as hell.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
The Original Greaser Bob

PostSubject: Re: What Was The Last Movie You Watched?   Mon Mar 21, 2011 6:23 am

Frank Rizzo wrote:
Jackass 3.

Funny as hell.
I've said it before and I'll say it again: You know you just watched a great movie when you're sad when it's over. Not because the content itself was depressing, but because you wanted it to keep going. The Jackass movies all made me feel this way.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Frank Rizzo

PostSubject: Re: What Was The Last Movie You Watched?   Mon Mar 21, 2011 6:26 am

The Dude wrote:
Frank Rizzo wrote:
Jackass 3.

Funny as hell.
I've said it before and I'll say it again: You know you just watched a great movie when you're sad when it's over. Not because the content itself was depressing, but because you wanted it to keep going. The Jackass movies all made me feel this way.

Agreed on all counts.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
UnknownKadath

PostSubject: Re: What Was The Last Movie You Watched?   Mon Mar 21, 2011 7:05 am

Frank Rizzo wrote:
The Dude wrote:
Frank Rizzo wrote:
Jackass 3.

Funny as hell.

Agreed on all counts.

I'm honestly afraid to watch those. I often laughed at the stunts and shit they did, but a lot of the gross out ones genuinely got to me. In fact I have a distinct hatred for omelets after seeing their definition of "Omelet" when I was young >_<

So the idea of seeing what they can pull off without censorship has both intrigued me and frightened me. Maybe someday I'll stop moaning and watch one.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Frank Rizzo

PostSubject: Re: What Was The Last Movie You Watched?   Mon Mar 21, 2011 7:18 am

UnknownKadath wrote:
Frank Rizzo wrote:
The Dude wrote:
Frank Rizzo wrote:
Jackass 3.

Funny as hell.

Agreed on all counts.

I'm honestly afraid to watch those. I often laughed at the stunts and shit they did, but a lot of the gross out ones genuinely got to me. In fact I have a distinct hatred for omelets after seeing their definition of "Omelet" when I was young >_<

So the idea of seeing what they can pull off without censorship has both intrigued me and frightened me. Maybe someday I'll stop moaning and watch one.

Once you get over the initial "Oh dude!" moment of what they do in the movies, it's not that bad.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
The Original Greaser Bob

PostSubject: Re: What Was The Last Movie You Watched?   Tue Mar 22, 2011 7:58 am

Frank Rizzo wrote:
UnknownKadath wrote:
Frank Rizzo wrote:
The Dude wrote:
Frank Rizzo wrote:
Jackass 3.

Funny as hell.

Agreed on all counts.

Once you get over the initial "Oh dude!" moment of what they do in the movies, it's not that bad.
Probably the worst part about them is that there will be a few moments throughout where you'll probably laugh until the pain becomes unbearable.

On a more respectable note: Mr Smith Goes to Washington.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Tommy Wiseau

PostSubject: Re: What Was The Last Movie You Watched?   Tue Mar 22, 2011 8:37 am

The Dude wrote:
Hamlet

The Kenneth Branagh version, I'm assuming?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
The Original Greaser Bob

PostSubject: Re: What Was The Last Movie You Watched?   Wed Mar 23, 2011 1:10 am

Tommy Wiseau wrote:
The Dude wrote:
Hamlet

The Kenneth Branagh version, I'm assuming?
The Zefferelli version.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Tommy Wiseau

PostSubject: Re: What Was The Last Movie You Watched?   Wed Mar 23, 2011 3:17 am

Oh. I've seen clips from that, but it didn't seem all that great. Mel Gibson especially seemed pretty flat. What did you think of it?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mondo a Go-Go

PostSubject: Re: What Was The Last Movie You Watched?   Wed Mar 23, 2011 3:29 am

The fantastic and terrifying Videodrome.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
UnknownKadath

PostSubject: Re: What Was The Last Movie You Watched?   Wed Mar 23, 2011 3:43 am

Mondo a Go-Go wrote:
The fantastic and terrifying Videodrome.

Indeed. Gotta love our old pal Croneyboig.

I just watched Thirst. Love that movie.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
UnknownKadath

PostSubject: Re: What Was The Last Movie You Watched?   Wed Mar 23, 2011 2:00 pm

I just watched Outpost.

It was OK. It had a slow pace, and some points were really pointless and dull. Yet I thought it had a kind of cool idea behind it, it also kind of reminded me of the Wolfenstein games - so that's a plus. When it got into the whole crazy Nazi immortality/time travel(?) experiment thing and showed us lots of weird science, it picked up. Plus the leader of the Nazi zombie/immortal things (I hesitate to call them zombies outside of appearance.) was pretty awesome. If it had been less dull for the first 40 minutes, it'd be a pretty fun shclock fest; otherwise it's just OK.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Tommy Wiseau

PostSubject: Re: What Was The Last Movie You Watched?   Wed Mar 23, 2011 4:04 pm

Blue Valentine. It was a bit slow, but intriguing at the same time. I didn't find it depressing at all, but sometimes uncomfortable to watch. I enjoyed it.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
The Original Greaser Bob

PostSubject: Re: What Was The Last Movie You Watched?   Wed Mar 23, 2011 10:49 pm

Tommy Wiseau wrote:
Oh. I've seen clips from that, but it didn't seem all that great. Mel Gibson especially seemed pretty flat. What did you think of it?
You know, I actually thought it was pretty damn good. I think Gibson did a pretty good job with the role, probably the best performance of his that I've seen.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
relauby

PostSubject: Re: What Was The Last Movie You Watched?   Wed Mar 23, 2011 11:50 pm

Birdemic. Good god, I don't even know where to begin.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Tommy Wiseau

PostSubject: Re: What Was The Last Movie You Watched?   Thu Mar 24, 2011 12:06 am

Relauby wrote:

Muahahaha!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
UnknownKadath

PostSubject: Re: What Was The Last Movie You Watched?   Thu Mar 24, 2011 3:44 am

Tommy Wiseau wrote:
Relauby wrote:

Muahahaha!

You wily Bastard. I knew James Nguyen didn't exist, it was you all along wasn't it!!? Curse you Tommy!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Tommy Wiseau

PostSubject: Re: What Was The Last Movie You Watched?   Thu Mar 24, 2011 4:37 am

James was the original Mark before Greg came in.
Before he quit, he said he could make a movie better than The Room.
I challenged him to it.
Turns out, I won!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Frank Rizzo

PostSubject: Re: What Was The Last Movie You Watched?   Thu Mar 24, 2011 4:38 am

Tommy Wiseau wrote:
James was the original Mark before Greg came in.
Before he quit, he said he could make a movie better than The Room.
I challenged him to it.
Turns out, I won!

I have no words...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What Was The Last Movie You Watched?   

Back to top Go down

What Was The Last Movie You Watched?
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 6 of 41Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 23 ... 41  Next