The Cinema Snob
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pierre Kirby Approved.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Erase/Rewind 2.0- Sequels & Remakes We Want To See Made (Season Premiere)

Go down 
+2
Frank Rizzo
Son Of Jack Deth
6 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
barrylikesbnbns

barrylikesbnbns

Erase/Rewind 2.0- Sequels & Remakes We Want To See Made (Season Premiere) - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Erase/Rewind 2.0- Sequels & Remakes We Want To See Made (Season Premiere)   Erase/Rewind 2.0- Sequels & Remakes We Want To See Made (Season Premiere) - Page 2 EmptyThu Apr 28, 2011 5:51 am

Son Of Jack Deth wrote:
The topic of discussion is animated films-from family friendly fare such as Disney, to the X-rated world of Fritz The Cat. Animation has something for just about everyone. Films covered are: An American Tale, The Last Unicorn, The Secret Of Nimh, Who Framed Roger Rabbit, The Jungle Book, Fritz The Cat, Heavy Metal, and Rock & Rule..

American Tale? That film, alongside the sequel, shaped and defined my childhood. I actually recently watched it during a Spielberg marathon I went on over the weekend. Another set of films I used to watch religiously, and even cry at to this day, are the rescuer's series of films. As far as I'm aware, there where only 2 films made, and the earlier 1977 one was the better. Coincidently, they both contain mice protagonists. Perhaps mice are gods gift to cinema...

I'll listen to it within the hour! Love your work Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Frank Rizzo

Frank Rizzo

Erase/Rewind 2.0- Sequels & Remakes We Want To See Made (Season Premiere) - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Erase/Rewind 2.0- Sequels & Remakes We Want To See Made (Season Premiere)   Erase/Rewind 2.0- Sequels & Remakes We Want To See Made (Season Premiere) - Page 2 EmptyThu Apr 28, 2011 5:54 am

barrylikesbnbns wrote:
Son Of Jack Deth wrote:
The topic of discussion is animated films-from family friendly fare such as Disney, to the X-rated world of Fritz The Cat. Animation has something for just about everyone. Films covered are: An American Tale, The Last Unicorn, The Secret Of Nimh, Who Framed Roger Rabbit, The Jungle Book, Fritz The Cat, Heavy Metal, and Rock & Rule..

American Tale? That film, alongside the sequel, shaped and defined my childhood. I actually recently watched it during a Spielberg marathon I went on over the weekend. Another set of films I used to watch religiously, and even cry at to this day, are the rescuer's series of films. As far as I'm aware, there where only 2 films made, and the earlier 1977 one was the better. Coincidently, they both contain mice protagonists. Perhaps mice are gods gift to cinema...

I tried to get into The Rescuers Down Under.....but something about it....I dunno.

Don't get me wrong, it wasn't bad....but to me it wasn't very good either....just there.
Back to top Go down
Son Of Jack Deth

Son Of Jack Deth

PostSubject: Re: Erase/Rewind 2.0- Sequels & Remakes We Want To See Made (Season Premiere)   Erase/Rewind 2.0- Sequels & Remakes We Want To See Made (Season Premiere) - Page 2 EmptyThu Apr 28, 2011 6:13 am

Frank Rizzo wrote:
barrylikesbnbns wrote:
Son Of Jack Deth wrote:

I tried to get into The Rescuers Down Under.....but something about it....I dunno.

Don't get me wrong, it wasn't bad....but to me it wasn't very good either....just there.

There were so many films I wanted to talk about, but there was just too much to cover. Plus, Dane and I were shooting from the hip in this episode as I had no time to prep due to that interview I am releasing Monday. I mentioned to Dane how much the original "The Rescuers" means to me before we started recording, but for some reason I didn't bring it up in the show. It and The Secret Of Nimh will always have a special place in my heart.

Hope you enjoy it Barry.

Last edited by Son Of Jack Deth on Thu Apr 28, 2011 2:08 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
A Cockatrice

A Cockatrice

PostSubject: Re: Erase/Rewind 2.0- Sequels & Remakes We Want To See Made (Season Premiere)   Erase/Rewind 2.0- Sequels & Remakes We Want To See Made (Season Premiere) - Page 2 EmptyThu Apr 28, 2011 7:52 am

Son Of Jack Deth wrote:
Plus, next week we have an awesome interview with director, Albert Pyun. It's a don't miss episode.

Interview with a fairly well known B-movie director. Must be moving up Laughing.
Back to top Go down
Son Of Jack Deth

Son Of Jack Deth

PostSubject: Re: Erase/Rewind 2.0- Sequels & Remakes We Want To See Made (Season Premiere)   Erase/Rewind 2.0- Sequels & Remakes We Want To See Made (Season Premiere) - Page 2 EmptyMon May 02, 2011 12:02 pm

Special episode of Erase/Rewind where I had the pleasure of interviewing writer, director Albert Pyun. Mr. Pyun has directed such films as: Cyborg, Captain America, Dollman, The Sword And The Sorcerer, Radioactive Dreams, Ticker, Infection, Tales Of An Ancient Empire and Mean Guns. This career spanning interview is 1 hour and 17 minutes of the overall show. Jeff Dout joins me for the brief intro and wrap-up.

http://blip.tv/file/5089639

One of the coolest things I've done yet on the show.
Back to top Go down
IAKO

PostSubject: Re: Erase/Rewind 2.0- Sequels & Remakes We Want To See Made (Season Premiere)   Erase/Rewind 2.0- Sequels & Remakes We Want To See Made (Season Premiere) - Page 2 EmptyTue May 03, 2011 1:23 am

Sounds cool, Albert Pyun seems to be enjoying a much deserved resurgence since he started to announce and release director's cut of his past works. I bought the Cyborg DC and it's definitively superior to the theatrical cut (heck, it now stands has one of Van Damme's best), can't wait to see the Opera version. And although I have yet to watch the Ticker DC, it's supposedly miles above the atrocity that was released in 2001. For years he has been judged for movies that were much changed from how he intended them to be seen, he must be thrilled finally to get some reappraisal.

I'll definitively check it out.
Back to top Go down
Son Of Jack Deth

Son Of Jack Deth

PostSubject: Re: Erase/Rewind 2.0- Sequels & Remakes We Want To See Made (Season Premiere)   Erase/Rewind 2.0- Sequels & Remakes We Want To See Made (Season Premiere) - Page 2 EmptyTue May 03, 2011 6:25 am

It's a pretty cool interview. We got a few things other interviews haven't, and that is always a plus.

Albert was great.
Back to top Go down
IAKO

PostSubject: Re: Erase/Rewind 2.0- Sequels & Remakes We Want To See Made (Season Premiere)   Erase/Rewind 2.0- Sequels & Remakes We Want To See Made (Season Premiere) - Page 2 EmptyThu May 05, 2011 3:01 am

Just finished listening to it, very fine interview. Good job!
Back to top Go down
Son Of Jack Deth

Son Of Jack Deth

PostSubject: Re: Erase/Rewind 2.0- Sequels & Remakes We Want To See Made (Season Premiere)   Erase/Rewind 2.0- Sequels & Remakes We Want To See Made (Season Premiere) - Page 2 EmptyTue May 10, 2011 1:14 am

This go around Jeff and I discuss those films that we all personally love, but generally don't discuss with others for fear of being ridiculed or ostracized. We are of course talking about, guilty pleasures.

Films discussed this episode are: Star Crash, Xanadu, Waterworld, Ultraman, The Wizard Of Speed And Time, Godzilla movies, Beastmaster, King Kong '76, Zone Troopers, plus more...

We will be silenced no more.

http://blip.tv/file/5123836
Back to top Go down
Son Of Jack Deth

Son Of Jack Deth

PostSubject: Re: Erase/Rewind 2.0- Sequels & Remakes We Want To See Made (Season Premiere)   Erase/Rewind 2.0- Sequels & Remakes We Want To See Made (Season Premiere) - Page 2 EmptyTue May 17, 2011 6:59 am

Erase/Rewind Podcast #9 (Cinematic Heroes)

On this episode we ask the question, "where have all the 'human' heroes gone in today's cinema?" From past cinematic greats; like Gary Cooper, and James Stewart, to the two-fisted tough guys like Steve McQueen, John Wayne, and Lee Marvin. From the rise of 80's action heroes such as Arnold Schwarzenegger, Chuck Norris, and Sylvester Stallone, to the Impossible heroics of Batman, Superman, X-Men, and Thor. We cover a lot of ground in this near epic episode, even daring to ask the harder questions about why there doesn't appear to be more hero-like qualities in people at large any longer. Controversial figures such as: Mel Gibson, Michael Vick, and Lindsay Lohan are also discussed.

http://blip.tv/file/5150992
Back to top Go down
Son Of Jack Deth

Son Of Jack Deth

PostSubject: Re: Erase/Rewind 2.0- Sequels & Remakes We Want To See Made (Season Premiere)   Erase/Rewind 2.0- Sequels & Remakes We Want To See Made (Season Premiere) - Page 2 EmptyMon May 23, 2011 6:51 pm

Erase/Rewind #10 (John Carpenter Retrospect)

Josh Hadley returns to discuss the movies and career of John Carpenter with me. In part 1 of this 2 parter, we cover his promising start with films like Dark Star, Assault on Precinct 13, and Halloween, to John C's more mainstream works such as, Starman and Big Trouble In Little China. Other films discussed are The Thing, Christine, and Escape From New York.

Last edited by Son Of Jack Deth on Tue Jul 26, 2011 10:14 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Son Of Jack Deth

Son Of Jack Deth

PostSubject: Re: Erase/Rewind 2.0- Sequels & Remakes We Want To See Made (Season Premiere)   Erase/Rewind 2.0- Sequels & Remakes We Want To See Made (Season Premiere) - Page 2 EmptyWed Jun 01, 2011 11:42 am

Erase/Rewind #11 (John Carpenter Retrospect part 2)

Part 2 of 2 of our John Carpenter retrospect. Films covered: They Live, Prince Of Darkness, Village Of The Damned, Ghosts Of Mars, Escape From L.A., Masters Of Horror, and Memoirs Of An Invisible Man.

Last edited by Son Of Jack Deth on Tue Jul 26, 2011 10:13 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Son Of Jack Deth

Son Of Jack Deth

PostSubject: Re: Erase/Rewind 2.0- Sequels & Remakes We Want To See Made (Season Premiere)   Erase/Rewind 2.0- Sequels & Remakes We Want To See Made (Season Premiere) - Page 2 EmptyWed Jun 08, 2011 11:53 am

My interview with writer, director, and producer, Todd Roy. Todd is currently the producer of such web-series as "The Jace Hall Show", "The Legend Of Neil", and "Chadam". Todd and I discuss the ups and downs of his early years in internet distribution with the kung-fu comedy, "Kwoon", right on up to working with named talent as Ice-T, Felicia Day, and Stan Lee on "The Jace Hall Show". Anyone considering producing a web-series, or film of their own should listen to this interview. For more information about Todd Roy and Jace Hall productions, please head on over to: www.hdfilms.com.

Todd Roy Interview Part 1 (Erase/Rewind #12)

Last edited by Son Of Jack Deth on Tue Jul 26, 2011 10:13 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Son Of Jack Deth

Son Of Jack Deth

PostSubject: Re: Erase/Rewind 2.0- Sequels & Remakes We Want To See Made (Season Premiere)   Erase/Rewind 2.0- Sequels & Remakes We Want To See Made (Season Premiere) - Page 2 EmptyFri Jun 10, 2011 12:33 pm

Todd Roy Interview Part 2 (Erase/Rewind #12)

Todd Roy and I continue our discuss about working on "The Jace Hall Show" as well as what it truly takes to make it in this business. Todd also gives us a small glimpse into the future of HD Films. http://www.jacehallshow.com/ http://www.hdfilms.com/

Last edited by Son Of Jack Deth on Tue Jul 26, 2011 10:12 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Son Of Jack Deth

Son Of Jack Deth

PostSubject: Re: Erase/Rewind 2.0- Sequels & Remakes We Want To See Made (Season Premiere)   Erase/Rewind 2.0- Sequels & Remakes We Want To See Made (Season Premiere) - Page 2 EmptyTue Jul 26, 2011 10:08 am

Sorry for not making any updates in awhile. There are some big changes coming to the show very soon. For one we will be including video in future podcasts, also, I will be premiering my new show "Movie Apocalypse" within the month. The reason Erase/Rewind hasn't been on has been due to several factors. One, I had to buy a new computer and replacing the software has not been easy, nor cheap. Plus I had a delay that cost me an entire month of shooting for "Movie Apocalypse". The extreme heat has also made it near impossible to even breath while filming, so that too was a hinderance.

So please bare with us as we get the show up and ready for it's shiny new premiere.

Here are a couple of images from the shows opening for fun:

Erase/Rewind 2.0- Sequels & Remakes We Want To See Made (Season Premiere) - Page 2 Drive-in

Erase/Rewind 2.0- Sequels & Remakes We Want To See Made (Season Premiere) - Page 2 Fav
Back to top Go down
Son Of Jack Deth

Son Of Jack Deth

PostSubject: Re: Erase/Rewind 2.0- Sequels & Remakes We Want To See Made (Season Premiere)   Erase/Rewind 2.0- Sequels & Remakes We Want To See Made (Season Premiere) - Page 2 EmptyTue Aug 30, 2011 1:17 pm

No, we haven't given up, but it does seem like everything is against us right now. If all goes well, we should be up and running by the middle of next month. I will have a new episode of E/R up very soon though. I put it on hold to get this other show going, but just keep hitting tech difficulties. However, I do not give up easily, so on with the show... just as soon as we can get the %$&*# thing working.
Back to top Go down
Son Of Jack Deth

Son Of Jack Deth

PostSubject: Re: Erase/Rewind 2.0- Sequels & Remakes We Want To See Made (Season Premiere)   Erase/Rewind 2.0- Sequels & Remakes We Want To See Made (Season Premiere) - Page 2 EmptyTue Sep 27, 2011 12:41 pm

New news coming next week.
Back to top Go down
Son Of Jack Deth

Son Of Jack Deth

PostSubject: Re: Erase/Rewind 2.0- Sequels & Remakes We Want To See Made (Season Premiere)   Erase/Rewind 2.0- Sequels & Remakes We Want To See Made (Season Premiere) - Page 2 EmptyMon Oct 10, 2011 6:19 am

New episode of Erase/Rewind coming tomorrow. We have been gone awhile and this episode will cover why. We cover my new review show "Movie Apocalypse" and start a new feature at the start where we review DVD/Blu-Rays we might have purchased and discuss films and or documentaries we are looking forward to.

Look forward to seeing you guys there.
Back to top Go down
Son Of Jack Deth

Son Of Jack Deth

PostSubject: Re: Erase/Rewind 2.0- Sequels & Remakes We Want To See Made (Season Premiere)   Erase/Rewind 2.0- Sequels & Remakes We Want To See Made (Season Premiere) - Page 2 EmptyWed Oct 12, 2011 12:48 am

Well, I am having no end of problems. Now I cannot upload the show to Blip. Trying again. If this new file works, the show will be up today.
Back to top Go down
Son Of Jack Deth

Son Of Jack Deth

PostSubject: Re: Erase/Rewind 2.0- Sequels & Remakes We Want To See Made (Season Premiere)   Erase/Rewind 2.0- Sequels & Remakes We Want To See Made (Season Premiere) - Page 2 EmptyWed Oct 12, 2011 10:47 am

After a long hiatus, E/R is back. Jeff and I discuss where we have been, and what took so long. We offer a little behind the scenes info on the making of "Movie Apocalypse", our new movie review show. Also on the menu is E/R's new format and the up-and-coming documentaries, "The F-Word", and "The People Vs. George Lucas". Lastly, we explain why films by the likes of Rob Zombie and Eli Roth do nothing for us. Especially compared to films like the original "Halloween" and "The Texas Chainsaw Massacre".

http://blip.tv/movieapocalypse/erase-rewind-13-we-re-back-5635416

I've also done something different with this episode as it now has video graphics. So no more blank screen.

Enjoy.
Back to top Go down
Son Of Jack Deth

Son Of Jack Deth

PostSubject: Re: Erase/Rewind 2.0- Sequels & Remakes We Want To See Made (Season Premiere)   Erase/Rewind 2.0- Sequels & Remakes We Want To See Made (Season Premiere) - Page 2 EmptyThu Oct 27, 2011 1:59 am

Erase/Rewind 2.0- Sequels & Remakes We Want To See Made (Season Premiere) - Page 2 HalloweenE-R

http://blip.tv/movieapocalypse/halloween-music-special-erase-rewind-14-5678400

Things do more than go bump in the night on this special Halloween installment of Erase/Rewind as Jeff and I discuss the scores of the all-time classics in the horror genre. Films covered are: Frankenstein, Bride Of Frankenstein, The Wolfman, The Thing From Another World, John Carpenter's The Thing, Psycho, Suspiria, The Texas Chainsaw Massacre, Halloween, Phantasm, Poltergeist, A Nightmare On Elm Street, Hellraiser, and more. Please join us... if you are not too scared.

This is one of my favorite episodes to date. Please check it out. Especially the new video opening featuring horror's greats.
Back to top Go down
Son Of Jack Deth

Son Of Jack Deth

PostSubject: Re: Erase/Rewind 2.0- Sequels & Remakes We Want To See Made (Season Premiere)   Erase/Rewind 2.0- Sequels & Remakes We Want To See Made (Season Premiere) - Page 2 EmptyTue Nov 15, 2011 5:05 am

Erase/Rewind 2.0- Sequels & Remakes We Want To See Made (Season Premiere) - Page 2 DinnerHorrorMovieblip

Jeff and I try something completely different tonight as we show you how to cook up a mouth watering Chicken Philly Sub. Then we sit down to dine while we watch, "Neon Maniacs", and offer up our review immediately after. Neither Jeff, nor myself have seen this film before, so this should be interesting to say the least. So grab your skillet and warm up the DVD player...

it's time for Dinner And A Horror Movie.

http://blip.tv/movieapocalypse/dinner-a-horror-movie-erase-rewind-15-5735474
Back to top Go down
Son Of Jack Deth

Son Of Jack Deth

PostSubject: Re: Erase/Rewind 2.0- Sequels & Remakes We Want To See Made (Season Premiere)   Erase/Rewind 2.0- Sequels & Remakes We Want To See Made (Season Premiere) - Page 2 EmptyWed Dec 07, 2011 3:54 pm

Erase/Rewind #16 ("Good Bad Flicks" Interview) Part 1

http://blip.tv/movieapocalypse/erase-rewind-16-good-bad-flicks-interview-part-1-5800167

On this episode I had the pleasure of interviewing Cecil Trachenburg of "Good Bad Flicks" and discussing his love of all things so bad, they're good. We start with how he got started and move into our shared passion for finding obscure, "off-beat", titles on VHS and DVD. Because the interview ran long, I have cut this episode into 2 parts.
Back to top Go down
Son Of Jack Deth

Son Of Jack Deth

PostSubject: Re: Erase/Rewind 2.0- Sequels & Remakes We Want To See Made (Season Premiere)   Erase/Rewind 2.0- Sequels & Remakes We Want To See Made (Season Premiere) - Page 2 EmptyThu Dec 08, 2011 10:43 pm

Erase/Rewind #16 ("Good Bad Flicks" Interview) Part 2

http://blip.tv/movieapocalypse/erase-rewind-16-good-bad-flicks-interview-5804105

My discussion with Cecil Trachenburg continues.
Back to top Go down
Son Of Jack Deth

Son Of Jack Deth

PostSubject: Re: Erase/Rewind 2.0- Sequels & Remakes We Want To See Made (Season Premiere)   Erase/Rewind 2.0- Sequels & Remakes We Want To See Made (Season Premiere) - Page 2 EmptyFri Jan 27, 2012 7:42 pm

Erase/Rewind 2.0- Sequels & Remakes We Want To See Made (Season Premiere) - Page 2 CannonFIlms-1

Lock and load for an explosive episode as Josh Hadley of Lost In The Static and RadioDrome joins me to discuss the meteoric rise and fall of Cannon Films. Some of the Cannon movies covered are: Death Wish 1, 2 and 3, American Ninja, Missing In Action, Invasion USA, Blood Sport, Cyborg, Barfly, Breakin', Cobra, Captain America, Spiderman, Masters Of The Universe, and many more. We also cover the impact Cannon had on the careers of such actors as Sylvester Stallone, Chuck Norris, Charles Bronson, and Jean Claude Van Damme.

http://blip.tv/movieapocalypse/erase-rewind-17-cannon-films-5914567
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Erase/Rewind 2.0- Sequels & Remakes We Want To See Made (Season Premiere)   Erase/Rewind 2.0- Sequels & Remakes We Want To See Made (Season Premiere) - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Erase/Rewind 2.0- Sequels & Remakes We Want To See Made (Season Premiere)
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next