The Cinema Snob
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pierre Kirby Approved.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Erase/Rewind 2.0- Sequels & Remakes We Want To See Made (Season Premiere)

Go down 
+2
Frank Rizzo
Son Of Jack Deth
6 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Son Of Jack Deth

Son Of Jack Deth

Erase/Rewind 2.0- Sequels & Remakes We Want To See Made (Season Premiere) Empty
PostSubject: Erase/Rewind 2.0- Sequels & Remakes We Want To See Made (Season Premiere)   Erase/Rewind 2.0- Sequels & Remakes We Want To See Made (Season Premiere) EmptyMon Mar 21, 2011 5:48 am

First episode of my new podcast, "Erase/Rewind" is available to check out. I'm am still building a site for this show, so it may be a bit. But you can listen to it over at Blip:

http://erase-rewind.blip.tv/

This is only the pilot episode, so myself and co-host Jeff just chat about the Oscars, movies, music, and B-films while setting the frame-work for what will come. Episode 2 has already been recorded and edited and will be up soon. I think you will all enjoy that one a bit more as it is about movie scores. It also features a guest co-host... none other than Radiodrome's Josh Hadley. It was a blast chatting with him and I believe you will enjoy it.

Let me know what you all think. I hope to improve as the show continues.

Last edited by Son Of Jack Deth on Sun Mar 10, 2013 9:53 pm; edited 13 times in total
Back to top Go down
Frank Rizzo

Frank Rizzo

PostSubject: Re: Erase/Rewind 2.0- Sequels & Remakes We Want To See Made (Season Premiere)   Erase/Rewind 2.0- Sequels & Remakes We Want To See Made (Season Premiere) EmptyMon Mar 21, 2011 6:18 am

As someone who also does podcasts, I'd defintely like to sit in on a recording of your podcast at some point.
Back to top Go down
Son Of Jack Deth

Son Of Jack Deth

PostSubject: Re: Erase/Rewind 2.0- Sequels & Remakes We Want To See Made (Season Premiere)   Erase/Rewind 2.0- Sequels & Remakes We Want To See Made (Season Premiere) EmptyMon Mar 21, 2011 2:21 pm

Rizzo,

Do you have a link to your podcast? I would love to check it out.

As far as joining in, I see no real problem with that in general, but I would have to know where the interest would lie. We have lots of various topics coming up, and an outside voice is always welcome to chime in with a similar, or differing opinion.

One of the goals of this show is to literally dissect movies and see what makes them tick.

What would you say is the area you most would like to comment on in film-making today?
Back to top Go down
Frank Rizzo

Frank Rizzo

PostSubject: Re: Erase/Rewind 2.0- Sequels & Remakes We Want To See Made (Season Premiere)   Erase/Rewind 2.0- Sequels & Remakes We Want To See Made (Season Premiere) EmptyMon Mar 21, 2011 7:35 pm

"What would you say is the area you most would like to comment on in film-making today?"

Probably the issue of sequels and remakes.
Back to top Go down
Son Of Jack Deth

Son Of Jack Deth

PostSubject: Re: Erase/Rewind 2.0- Sequels & Remakes We Want To See Made (Season Premiere)   Erase/Rewind 2.0- Sequels & Remakes We Want To See Made (Season Premiere) EmptyTue Mar 22, 2011 5:27 am

Here is the blog address for easier viewing: http://erase-rewind-show.tumblr.com/

Not much to look at yet, but I'll spruce the place up as I go. I'm more concerned with the show at the moment.

Last edited by Son Of Jack Deth on Sun Mar 27, 2011 12:31 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Frank Rizzo

Frank Rizzo

PostSubject: Re: Erase/Rewind 2.0- Sequels & Remakes We Want To See Made (Season Premiere)   Erase/Rewind 2.0- Sequels & Remakes We Want To See Made (Season Premiere) EmptyTue Mar 22, 2011 5:46 am

When do you usually record your podcasts? And what is your Skype name?
Back to top Go down
Frank Rizzo

Frank Rizzo

PostSubject: Re: Erase/Rewind 2.0- Sequels & Remakes We Want To See Made (Season Premiere)   Erase/Rewind 2.0- Sequels & Remakes We Want To See Made (Season Premiere) EmptyTue Mar 22, 2011 5:49 am

Oh, and the link to the podcast I'm in:

http://www.mentalcast.com/
Back to top Go down
A Cockatrice

A Cockatrice

PostSubject: Re: Erase/Rewind 2.0- Sequels & Remakes We Want To See Made (Season Premiere)   Erase/Rewind 2.0- Sequels & Remakes We Want To See Made (Season Premiere) EmptyTue Mar 22, 2011 6:07 am

I was going to originally listen to the podcast for about 10-15 minutes, but found myself listening to it in its entirety. You're good at doing unscripted discussions, keeping the topic interesting and getting your point across without venturing into the rambling side too often. Have you done podcast/radio work before?
Back to top Go down
Son Of Jack Deth

Son Of Jack Deth

PostSubject: Re: Erase/Rewind 2.0- Sequels & Remakes We Want To See Made (Season Premiere)   Erase/Rewind 2.0- Sequels & Remakes We Want To See Made (Season Premiere) EmptyTue Mar 22, 2011 6:47 am

A Cockatrice wrote:
I was going to originally listen to the podcast for about 10-15 minutes, but found myself listening to it in its entirety. You're good at doing unscripted discussions, keeping the topic interesting and getting your point across without venturing into the rambling side too often. Have you done podcast/radio work before?

I'm not 100% sure if you are asking me or Rizzo? lol

But if it's me you are talking about, first, thank you for the kind words. I have never done podcast work before, unless you count my being on a discussion panel for backtofrankblack.com. They discuss Millennium episodes from time to time and I have been a part of two of them. Perhaps I'll post up the links to those sometime on the site.

I was worried we rambled too much. Thank you again.
Back to top Go down
Son Of Jack Deth

Son Of Jack Deth

PostSubject: Re: Erase/Rewind 2.0- Sequels & Remakes We Want To See Made (Season Premiere)   Erase/Rewind 2.0- Sequels & Remakes We Want To See Made (Season Premiere) EmptyTue Mar 22, 2011 7:02 am

Frank Rizzo wrote:

Sorry Rizzo, I missed this question. I will be doing the show once a week. The schedule is not yet set as my guest co-hosts have very different schedules, so for now I am just working around theirs. Wednesday will probably become the main recording day, with Friday as a back-up.

Which person are you on the Mental Cast? If you don't want to post it here, just PM your name.
Back to top Go down
A Cockatrice

A Cockatrice

PostSubject: Re: Erase/Rewind 2.0- Sequels & Remakes We Want To See Made (Season Premiere)   Erase/Rewind 2.0- Sequels & Remakes We Want To See Made (Season Premiere) EmptyTue Mar 22, 2011 7:40 am

Son Of Jack Deth wrote:
I'm not 100% sure if you are asking me or Rizzo? lol

I was directing the complement to you. Probably should have used quotes or worded it better. SOWWY. Also you came across like you did this before. I mean, I could see you as a guest in Radiodrome or other bigger Podcasts or even a radio station.
Back to top Go down
Frank Rizzo

Frank Rizzo

PostSubject: Re: Erase/Rewind 2.0- Sequels & Remakes We Want To See Made (Season Premiere)   Erase/Rewind 2.0- Sequels & Remakes We Want To See Made (Season Premiere) EmptyTue Mar 22, 2011 8:18 am

Son Of Jack Deth wrote:
Frank Rizzo wrote:

Sorry Rizzo, I missed this question. I will be doing the show once a week. The schedule is not yet set as my guest co-hosts have very different schedules, so for now I am just working around theirs. Wednesday will probably become the main recording day, with Friday as a back-up.

Which person are you on the Mental Cast? If you don't want to post it here, just PM your name.

I'm Dane Forgione on the Mentalcast.
Back to top Go down
Son Of Jack Deth

Son Of Jack Deth

PostSubject: Re: Erase/Rewind 2.0- Sequels & Remakes We Want To See Made (Season Premiere)   Erase/Rewind 2.0- Sequels & Remakes We Want To See Made (Season Premiere) EmptyThu Mar 24, 2011 1:33 am

Frank Rizzo wrote:
Son Of Jack Deth wrote:
Frank Rizzo wrote:

I'm Dane Forgione on the Mentalcast.

Cool, Dane. It's nice to meet you. I have penciled you in for the sequels/remake discussion. Just PM your Skype name and we'll go from there once we have the date set.

On another note, it looks like I'm going to make Monday our new episode day. So #2 with Josh Hadley will be on March 28th.

Back to top Go down
Son Of Jack Deth

Son Of Jack Deth

PostSubject: Re: Erase/Rewind 2.0- Sequels & Remakes We Want To See Made (Season Premiere)   Erase/Rewind 2.0- Sequels & Remakes We Want To See Made (Season Premiere) EmptyFri Mar 25, 2011 10:53 pm

Mr. Frank Rizzo,

would you be up for recording the "Sequels/Remakes" episode this coming Thursday (March 31st)?

Also, I still need you to PM me your Skype name so we can touch base.

Thanks.

Fred
Back to top Go down
Frank Rizzo

Frank Rizzo

PostSubject: Re: Erase/Rewind 2.0- Sequels & Remakes We Want To See Made (Season Premiere)   Erase/Rewind 2.0- Sequels & Remakes We Want To See Made (Season Premiere) EmptyFri Mar 25, 2011 11:57 pm

Son Of Jack Deth wrote:
Mr. Frank Rizzo,

would you be up for recording the "Sequels/Remakes" episode this coming Thursday (March 31st)?

Also, I still need you to PM me your Skype name so we can touch base.

Thanks.

Fred

I'll have to see if I'm recording the Mentalcast that day, so I'll let you know and PM you my Skype name soon.
Back to top Go down
yakityyakblah

yakityyakblah

PostSubject: Re: Erase/Rewind 2.0- Sequels & Remakes We Want To See Made (Season Premiere)   Erase/Rewind 2.0- Sequels & Remakes We Want To See Made (Season Premiere) EmptySat Mar 26, 2011 6:06 am

So... when are we gonna make a community podcast?
Back to top Go down
Son Of Jack Deth

Son Of Jack Deth

PostSubject: Re: Erase/Rewind 2.0- Sequels & Remakes We Want To See Made (Season Premiere)   Erase/Rewind 2.0- Sequels & Remakes We Want To See Made (Season Premiere) EmptySat Mar 26, 2011 7:30 am

yakityyakblah wrote:
So... when are we gonna make a community podcast?

I don't think you'll get many responses in this thread as not many are returning to it. Start a new thread here in the General section and I believe you'll get more hits.

@Frank

OK.
Back to top Go down
Son Of Jack Deth

Son Of Jack Deth

PostSubject: Re: Erase/Rewind 2.0- Sequels & Remakes We Want To See Made (Season Premiere)   Erase/Rewind 2.0- Sequels & Remakes We Want To See Made (Season Premiere) EmptyMon Apr 04, 2011 3:44 am

Just found out some people don't know where to go for this podcast, so here is the address again:

http://erase-rewind-show.tumblr.com/

Plus I have a new Facebook page for this as well:

https://www.facebook.com/pages/EraseRewind/121853791224319?v=wall&sk=wall

Episode 3 goes up after Midnight tonight. It's on "Director's Cuts".
Back to top Go down
Son Of Jack Deth

Son Of Jack Deth

PostSubject: Re: Erase/Rewind 2.0- Sequels & Remakes We Want To See Made (Season Premiere)   Erase/Rewind 2.0- Sequels & Remakes We Want To See Made (Season Premiere) EmptyMon Apr 04, 2011 2:12 pm

Erase/Rewind #3 http://blip.tv/file/4972861

On this episode, Jeff and I name our top 5 best and worst "Director's Cuts" and discuss how studios are now abusing this term to bilk consumers out of their hard earned cash. Some of the films covered are: Blade Runner, Aliens, Touch Of Evil, Superman II, and Star Wars.
Back to top Go down
barrylikesbnbns

barrylikesbnbns

PostSubject: Re: Erase/Rewind 2.0- Sequels & Remakes We Want To See Made (Season Premiere)   Erase/Rewind 2.0- Sequels & Remakes We Want To See Made (Season Premiere) EmptyMon Apr 04, 2011 4:01 pm

I am currently at college, and am listening to a Erase/Rewind podcast in my lecture.

Love your work, keep it up!
Back to top Go down
Son Of Jack Deth

Son Of Jack Deth

PostSubject: Re: Erase/Rewind 2.0- Sequels & Remakes We Want To See Made (Season Premiere)   Erase/Rewind 2.0- Sequels & Remakes We Want To See Made (Season Premiere) EmptyMon Apr 11, 2011 8:09 am

barrylikesbnbns wrote:
I am currently at college, and am listening to a Erase/Rewind podcast in my lecture.

Love your work, keep it up!

Thank you Barry. That means a lot.

OK, Episode #4 is up:

http://blip.tv/file/5001991

We have this forums very own "Frank Rizzo" guesting on the show. Dane Forgione of The Mental Cast joins us in discussing "Sequels and Remakes".

Hope you guys enjoy it.
Back to top Go down
Son Of Jack Deth

Son Of Jack Deth

PostSubject: Re: Erase/Rewind 2.0- Sequels & Remakes We Want To See Made (Season Premiere)   Erase/Rewind 2.0- Sequels & Remakes We Want To See Made (Season Premiere) EmptyWed Apr 13, 2011 3:51 am

I'm not sure how many people are even following our show here, but I was curious, what topics would you guys like to see us cover?
Back to top Go down
barrylikesbnbns

barrylikesbnbns

PostSubject: Re: Erase/Rewind 2.0- Sequels & Remakes We Want To See Made (Season Premiere)   Erase/Rewind 2.0- Sequels & Remakes We Want To See Made (Season Premiere) EmptyWed Apr 13, 2011 3:55 am

Son Of Jack Deth wrote:
I'm not sure how many people are even following our show here, but I was curious, what topics would you guys like to see us cover?

Just a personal suggestion, I'd like a podcast on genres and sub-genres. What films would be examples of certain genres, and what qualifies as or defines a genre.
Back to top Go down
barrylikesbnbns

barrylikesbnbns

PostSubject: Re: Erase/Rewind 2.0- Sequels & Remakes We Want To See Made (Season Premiere)   Erase/Rewind 2.0- Sequels & Remakes We Want To See Made (Season Premiere) EmptyWed Apr 13, 2011 4:50 am

Small view on something said in #4...

In #4, you mentioned that people thought you where not 'modern' enough. I disagree, as the older references are no different, and when we consider the newer material or this era, is there really much to compare? It's not so much either better or worse, but different, and there seems much more depth (Or applicable interest) to older films. I think it has something to do with the birth of the internet and the 'digital' age.

In one of my posts on this forum, I mention that I prefer the older special effects because they: "took, not necessarily more skill, but certainly man power and intuition..." and that's a point for the older films I still stand by. It's easier to fire up Maya and draw a rocket (No disrespect to Pixar, they take it to a completely other realm) and send it into space, than it would be to stick up a black sheet, build a Styrofoam rocket, make some controlled fire, ect. An example would be shows and specials around the same era as the Radar Men from the Moon, or Project Moonbase (MST3k S01), that would, and still do, baffle me as to how they did the flying special effects and space related illusions.
Back to top Go down
Son Of Jack Deth

Son Of Jack Deth

PostSubject: Re: Erase/Rewind 2.0- Sequels & Remakes We Want To See Made (Season Premiere)   Erase/Rewind 2.0- Sequels & Remakes We Want To See Made (Season Premiere) EmptyWed Apr 13, 2011 5:40 am

barrylikesbnbns wrote:
Son Of Jack Deth wrote:

Just a personal suggestion, I'd like a podcast on genres and sub-genres. What films would be examples of certain genres, and what qualifies as or defines a genre.

I think I know what your going for, but could you explain it in a bit more depth as I am not 100% sure?

If it's what I'm thinking, I like the idea a lot.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Erase/Rewind 2.0- Sequels & Remakes We Want To See Made (Season Premiere)   Erase/Rewind 2.0- Sequels & Remakes We Want To See Made (Season Premiere) Empty

Back to top Go down

Erase/Rewind 2.0- Sequels & Remakes We Want To See Made (Season Premiere)
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next