The Cinema Snob
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pierre Kirby Approved.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Films In Development Hell

Go down 
+8
AVPGuyver21
Razzly
enemycoke
LeMunson
Frank Rizzo
The Original Greaser Bob
wildhoney66
Otaku4Life
12 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
thatguyontheright1

Films In Development Hell - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Films In Development Hell   Films In Development Hell - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 29, 2012 4:20 am

Frank Herbert's God Emperor of Dune, I had read somewhere after CoD came out on Sci-fi that they were doing a script for GEoD...never heard about again. I assume it was abandoned when it became apparent that it would be a very expensive endeavor with most of the budget making Leto not look like CGI crap....and he is the main character. Now that Viacom thus Sci-fi and Paramount lost the rights to the franchise, I doubt something will come of it. Hell a remake to Dune was supposed to start filming this year, with Robert Pattinson as Paul Atreides but was canceled as a result of the aforementioned dealings with Viacom.

I don't want GEoD until it can be done well. Cant have Return of the Jedi level stuff here, we need new technology since Leto does more than sit there and go "oh ho ho ho". There is a scene where he freaks out, rides his cart into town, falls off at high speed and rolls over alot of people during an attack in town, all because his feared his fiance was hurt.

The Evangelion movie, based on Neon Genesis Evangelion. That is another one that comes and goes due to the directors wanting children cast in the roles of Shinji, Asuka, and Rei. I have heard rumors that Robin Williams is to be in it due to him being a big fan of the Anime...I've heard anything from him being an extra, to being Gendo, to being a member of SELEE.

Logan's Run, remake.

Stargate II (and further sequels), before the TV series, there were plans to make a sequel to Stargate, but involving other ancient gods and making them into aliens.

The Dude wrote:
polygonalchemist wrote:
Honestly, I think adapting Anime to live action only really works for comedy (City Hunter, Cutie Honey, Great Teacher Onizuka) or something very stylized (Speed Racer).

Don't forget the Cromartie High School Movie.

There is a live action Cro-High movie...but its Japanese.
Back to top Go down
The Original Greaser Bob

The Original Greaser Bob

PostSubject: Re: Films In Development Hell   Films In Development Hell - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 29, 2012 8:48 am

thatguyontheright1 wrote:
The Dude wrote:
polygonalchemist wrote:
Honestly, I think adapting Anime to live action only really works for comedy (City Hunter, Cutie Honey, Great Teacher Onizuka) or something very stylized (Speed Racer).

Yes, and?
Back to top Go down
wildhoney66

wildhoney66

PostSubject: Re: Films In Development Hell   Films In Development Hell - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 29, 2012 9:27 am

i remember them saying that another 'Dune' film was in the making, i wondered what happend to it? and if they do a remake well another remake of "Dune' i sure as FUCK don't want the fucking twilight dude as it's star. he's not that great of an actor. and he's NOT that strong of an actor to be able to pull it off.

and yes that is me being nice about him.
Back to top Go down
thatguyontheright1

PostSubject: Re: Films In Development Hell   Films In Development Hell - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 29, 2012 3:47 pm

The Dude wrote:
thatguyontheright1 wrote:
The Dude wrote:
polygonalchemist wrote:

Yes, and?

its Meh.
Back to top Go down
polygonalchemist

PostSubject: Re: Films In Development Hell   Films In Development Hell - Page 2 EmptyMon Sep 03, 2012 5:40 am

Speaking of Dune, ever hear about the version they wanted to do in the mid-70's that'd be 10 hours long, have Orson Welles and Salvador Dali involved, Pink Floyd doing the music, and H.R. Giger doing some of the designs? Holy shit, that could have been the most epic movie ever, or the most epic disaster ever. Either way, where's that damn video store that falls into our timeline from alternate dimensions when you need it.
Back to top Go down
thatguyontheright1

PostSubject: Re: Films In Development Hell   Films In Development Hell - Page 2 EmptyMon Sep 03, 2012 7:03 am

polygonalchemist wrote:
Speaking of Dune, ever hear about the version they wanted to do in the mid-70's that'd be 10 hours long, have Orson Welles and Salvador Dali involved, Pink Floyd doing the music, and H.R. Giger doing some of the designs? Holy shit, that could have been the most epic movie ever, or the most epic disaster ever. Either way, where's that damn video store that falls into our timeline from alternate dimensions when you need it.

thats the one that became the 1984 Stephen Lynch movie.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Films In Development Hell   Films In Development Hell - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Films In Development Hell
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2