The Cinema Snob
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pierre Kirby Approved.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Old Films Converted Into 3D

Go down 
+4
SuperRetard
ChaosTheory
theGerman
Otaku4Life
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Otaku4Life

Otaku4Life

Old Films Converted Into 3D Empty
PostSubject: Old Films Converted Into 3D   Old Films Converted Into 3D EmptySat Mar 30, 2013 10:07 am

I'm starting to notice that film directors (Stephen Spielberg, George Lucas, James Cameron, etc.) are converting their old films into 3D ("Jurassic Park 3D", "Phantom Menace 3D" & "Titanic 3D").
Do you think this is just another method for directors to simply cash in on their leftovers?
Back to top Go down
theGerman

theGerman

PostSubject: Re: Old Films Converted Into 3D   Old Films Converted Into 3D EmptySat Mar 30, 2013 3:43 pm

George Lucas is a greedy Bastard...we all know that. But for Spielberg and Cameron I somehow think that there is still a small part inside them that wants to not only show their movies to a new generation of viewers, but also want to "enhance" their movies by using the best technology currently in use...which is 3D. Of course they also think about the money and maybe I'm giving the guys too much credit, but that's what I honestly think or wanna think.
Back to top Go down
ChaosTheory

ChaosTheory

PostSubject: Re: Old Films Converted Into 3D   Old Films Converted Into 3D EmptySat Mar 30, 2013 11:11 pm

Yeah, I'm guessing this largely cash-grab, but at the same time it would be kind of cool to see stuff like RAIDERS OF THE LOST ARK or THE TERMINATOR or ALIEN in 3D if it was done well.
Back to top Go down
http://anxietycloset.storenvy.com
SuperRetard

SuperRetard

PostSubject: Re: Old Films Converted Into 3D   Old Films Converted Into 3D EmptySun Mar 31, 2013 3:29 am

theGerman wrote:
George Lucas is a greedy Bastard...we all know that. But for Spielberg and Cameron I somehow think that there is still a small part inside them that wants to not only show their movies to a new generation of viewers, but also want to "enhance" their movies by using the best technology currently in use...which is 3D. Of course they also think about the money and maybe I'm giving the guys too much credit, but that's what I honestly think or wanna think.

Yes, you are right. When Spielberg does jurrasic park 2 for money it is art. And if jurrasic park in 3d is also art... because beacuse, just because. But when Lucas converts his worst movie to 3D he is worse than Hitler = fact!
You are so clever. How do i get to be as awesome as you?

Also: though Indy4 was a colaborate project, then it was 100% lucas's fault that the movie sucked. Spielberg had nothing to do with it. Im sure spielberg directed it under the influence of Calima (which adolf lucas is the leader of). Also it was Spielberg who thought of Indiana jones in the first place.

AND IT IS A FACT THAT LUCAS IS GREEDY. YOU ARE SO RIGHT THEGERMAN.

Just look at the 4 billion he got from disney! He pocketed all that money = fact.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/11/02/george-lucas-donate-4-billion_n_2067145.html

oh wait.....
Back to top Go down
Toyland Chairman

Toyland Chairman

PostSubject: Re: Old Films Converted Into 3D   Old Films Converted Into 3D EmptySun Mar 31, 2013 3:39 am

I think so. And didn't James Cameron say movies shouldn't be converted to 3-D that weren't filmed for it or something? It was when the CLASH OF THE TITANS remake was being converted, and after AVATAR came out he thought he was king of 3-D. Next thing you know TITANIC is being re-released in 3-D.

I wouldn't mind seeing some films converted to 3-D, especially ones with heavy special effects. I missed seeing PHANTOM MENACE in 3-D, and EPISODES 2 and 3 I think are on hold so EPISODE 7 can be made.
Back to top Go down
http://www.freewebs.com/demonictoys/
theGerman

theGerman

PostSubject: Re: Old Films Converted Into 3D   Old Films Converted Into 3D EmptySun Mar 31, 2013 4:27 am

SuperRetard wrote:

Yes, you are right. When Spielberg does jurrasic park 2 for money it is art. And if jurrasic park in 3d is also art... because beacuse, just because. But when Lucas converts his worst movie to 3D he is worse than Hitler = fact!
You are so clever. How do i get to be as awesome as you?
Being less of an asshole would be a start. And yes...there is a difference between a director who changes some of his movies (E.T. -> Guns to Flashlights etc.) and a director who rereleases his movies once per decade and doing one special edition after another. I never said that Spielberg was not in it for the money, but it is also a difference if you rerelease a movie with a good reputation like Jurassic Park or you rerelease your "lifework" where you only directed one really good Episode and it's not even the best of the series.

SuperRetard wrote:

Also: though Indy4 was a colaborate project, then it was 100% lucas's fault that the movie sucked. Spielberg had nothing to do with it. Im sure spielberg directed it under the influence of Calima (which adolf lucas is the leader of). Also it was Spielberg who thought of Indiana jones in the first place.
Now what does Indi 4 have to do with all that? Why talk about a movie that came out this generation when it is all about movies from the previous generation. You can't compare the Spielberg from today with the guy who did Jaws, E.T., Encounters etc. And I know all that stuff about Lucas having the idea to Indi and I will admit that he was a great Script-writer and producer in the past, but that doesn't change the fact that he stopped being a decent director way earlier than Spielberg.

SuperRetard wrote:

AND IT IS A FACT THAT LUCAS IS GREEDY. YOU ARE SO RIGHT THEGERMAN.

Just look at the 4 billion he got from disney! He pocketed all that money = fact.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/11/02/george-lucas-donate-4-billion_n_2067145.html

oh wait.....
So...for all those years everyone complained about him rereleasing his movies so many times and adding stuff etc. and he does one good thing with money he doesn't even need and that he didn't earn himself, but simply got for selling his company which he doesn't want anymore and he is suddenly decleared holy? Good to know...

Oh and good idea comparing Lucas to Hitler...cause you know...I'm german and it was the obvious first thing that comes to mind. If you'll excuse me I need to wash my Lederhosen and my Bratwurst with Sauerkraut are also getting kinda cold here.
Back to top Go down
ChaosTheory

ChaosTheory

PostSubject: Re: Old Films Converted Into 3D   Old Films Converted Into 3D EmptyTue Apr 02, 2013 12:33 am

Somebody call Michael Moriarty, we got ourselves a TROLL.
Back to top Go down
Angie Matera

Angie Matera

PostSubject: Re: Old Films Converted Into 3D   Old Films Converted Into 3D EmptyTue Apr 02, 2013 12:57 am

to be honest i kinda dont care if they convert old movies to 3-D. But thats mianly just because i cant watch 3-D as it gives me headaches so i cant really have a say in how converted 3-d looks to me.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/angelina.matera
wildhoney66

wildhoney66

PostSubject: Re: Old Films Converted Into 3D   Old Films Converted Into 3D EmptyTue Apr 02, 2013 9:50 am

i do love 3-D films don't get me wrong. but we have far too many of them these days. some of them are done well don't get me wrong but some of them are why bother? this is me going by brad's video's. the last one i saw in the theatre was

Bewoulf in (2007) i think it was and that was done really fucking well. the girl i was with later informed me she had nightmares from it. my reaction was HUH? it was a CGI film for god's sake. i thought you guys and gals would like a laugh on that, that's all
Back to top Go down
Razzly

Razzly

PostSubject: Re: Old Films Converted Into 3D   Old Films Converted Into 3D EmptyTue Apr 02, 2013 10:29 am

I've never liked 3D and I'll probably never seek it out on my own power.
Back to top Go down
Angie Matera

Angie Matera

PostSubject: Re: Old Films Converted Into 3D   Old Films Converted Into 3D EmptyTue Apr 02, 2013 10:31 am

wildhoney66 wrote:
i do love 3-D films don't get me wrong. but we have far too many of them these days. some of them are done well don't get me wrong but some of them are why bother? this is me going by brad's video's. the last one i saw in the theatre was

Bewoulf in (2007) i think it was and that was done really fucking well. the girl i was with later informed me she had nightmares from it. my reaction was HUH? it was a CGI film for god's sake. i thought you guys and gals would like a laugh on that, that's all
yeah i didnt like that filmcause it was all CGI and the motioncapture anmation just drives me nuts(im wierd). saw it in 2d though cause i didnt feel like having my head pounding during the film
Back to top Go down
wildhoney66

wildhoney66

PostSubject: Re: Old Films Converted Into 3D   Old Films Converted Into 3D EmptyTue Apr 02, 2013 11:18 am

well it was an ok film nothing great. the 3D was great and i can't remember if i had a killer head ache or not. but i don't regret seeing it that way. CGI used in that way doesn't bother me. because that's the whole point of that film really.

now if you use it when you don't need to that's another matter altogether.
Back to top Go down
Angie Matera

Angie Matera

PostSubject: Re: Old Films Converted Into 3D   Old Films Converted Into 3D EmptyTue Apr 02, 2013 6:27 pm

wildhoney66 wrote:
well it was an ok film nothing great. the 3D was great and i can't remember if i had a killer head ache or not. but i don't regret seeing it that way. CGI used in that way doesn't bother me. because that's the whole point of that film really.

now if you use it when you don't need to that's another matter altogether.

im mildy photosensative so 3D always gives me a headache if i look at it too long.Has nothing to do with the films themselves just me
Back to top Go down
ChaosTheory

ChaosTheory

PostSubject: Re: Old Films Converted Into 3D   Old Films Converted Into 3D EmptyTue Apr 02, 2013 10:35 pm

Angie Matera wrote:
to be honest i kinda dont care if they convert old movies to 3-D. But thats mianly just because i cant watch 3-D as it gives me headaches so i cant really have a say in how converted 3-d looks to me.

I know what you mean, I've been to movies where it was done really badly (THE FINAL DESTINATION, the CLASH OF THE TITANS remake where the 3d was done in post) and they gave me headaches. But it didn't bother me when I saw DESPICABLE ME or PROMETHEUS.
Generally it's not something I seek out, given a choice, but it can be a good tool in the right hands.
Back to top Go down
wildhoney66

wildhoney66

PostSubject: Re: Old Films Converted Into 3D   Old Films Converted Into 3D EmptyWed Apr 03, 2013 10:27 am

oh i do believe ya. don't worry about that, i also think it really depends on what kinda of 3D is used as well.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Old Films Converted Into 3D   Old Films Converted Into 3D Empty

Back to top Go down

Old Films Converted Into 3D
Page 1 of 1