The Cinema Snob
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pierre Kirby Approved.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

What Was The Last Movie You Watched?

Go down 
+81
Tabascofanatikerin
Razzly
Inquisitor
Skibz
Ninty64X
The_Stone_Guest
Toyland Chairman
ZappaDave
Alyxx
metateen
80'sDavid
aga
EvilSpirit
AstaKask
EccentricSnob
fubar_in_pittsburgh
perkele
kraufen
jasn0_X
Hybrid Pig-Boy
polygonalchemist
Subterfuge
Longinus
theGerman
Kayna
Weezy-LUiGi
The Man in Black
Eckertmania
Santa Dog II
ItsVince725
gunflyer
Ashxking
PanzerschreckLeopard
LeMunson
Randy Spears
Brakywaki
Tykittaa
Indiana Groans
DanteRespite
Rudiger
Jerky McSquirt
IAKO
UnholyMephistopheles
Salim
Captain Smack-Pigeon
Second Hand Store
Candyman
TheCinemaCynic
barrylikesbnbns
moonsknight
Vendaval FJ
O'Hara
Dyson sphere
unrealbe
gregmcduck
Angie Matera
obin_gam
KingLDub
UnknownKadath
MonkeyMan
Son Of Jack Deth
relauby
Bassbait
PCDOS
Frank Rizzo
ScrotumusMaximus
Mondo a Go-Go
tonythe chosen
Tommy Wiseau
Lady stardust
ermac
LeperMessiah117
Kaneda
A Cockatrice
Mother of Invention
JustinDP
The Original Greaser Bob
LucasChad
thegormer
Minuto
85 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 13 ... 22, 23, 24 ... 32 ... 41  Next
AuthorMessage
Otaku4Life

Otaku4Life

What Was The Last Movie You Watched? - Page 23 Empty
PostSubject: Re: What Was The Last Movie You Watched?   What Was The Last Movie You Watched? - Page 23 EmptyTue Apr 16, 2013 8:12 pm

The last movie I remember watching was Peter Jackson's "Meet The Feebles".
Back to top Go down
Angie Matera

Angie Matera

PostSubject: Re: What Was The Last Movie You Watched?   What Was The Last Movie You Watched? - Page 23 EmptyTue Apr 16, 2013 9:17 pm

lol i love that movie havent seen it in years. i just recently watched Fat kid rules the world. Really good Indie film.I also saw the pilot for Defiance,it was alirght i honeslty got distracted at a few parts.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/angelina.matera
Toyland Chairman

Toyland Chairman

PostSubject: Re: What Was The Last Movie You Watched?   What Was The Last Movie You Watched? - Page 23 EmptyThu Apr 18, 2013 3:06 am

G.I. JOE: RETALIATION

SPOILERS, sort of

The movie wants to be a reboot, yet at the same time wants to be a sequel to the original film. It almost feels like a lot was left on the cutting room floor or that this film was actually stitched together and wasn't even completely finished. Given the history of this film's release, I suppose I should not be surprised.

I don't want to give away too much. A lot of this has probably already known. Duke's "death" is ambiguous, and rather pointless actually, seeing is most of the characters from the original were retconned so to speak. But I suppose this means he could come back in Part 3. We see Destro kind of for no other reason than to reference him, Cobra Commander barely does anything, Firefly was so cliche a villain I hardly noticed him. The true villain of the film of course is Zartan, but it's a shame Arnold Vosloo has very little screentime as Zartan's true face.

Road Block is okay, but I'd be lying if I said I always picture The Rock in the role. Road Block used to be one of my favorite Joe toys as a kid. It's funny how forced into the film his daughters feel. When he reunites with them in the end, I wonder who was looking after them. Flint might-as-well have been invisible for all I noticed of him. Lady Jaye was nice to look at, but... no that's about it.

I still enjoy it as a fun bad movie, and do hope to see these characters and those of RISE OF COBRA unite for an epic third film.
Back to top Go down
http://www.freewebs.com/demonictoys/
Angie Matera

Angie Matera

PostSubject: Re: What Was The Last Movie You Watched?   What Was The Last Movie You Watched? - Page 23 EmptyThu Apr 18, 2013 8:13 am

Toyland Chairman wrote:

SPOILERS, sort of

The movie wants to be a reboot, yet at the same time wants to be a sequel to the original film. It almost feels like a lot was left on the cutting room floor or that this film was actually stitched together and wasn't even completely finished. Given the history of this film's release, I suppose I should not be surprised.

I don't want to give away too much. A lot of this has probably already known. Duke's "death" is ambiguous, and rather pointless actually, seeing is most of the characters from the original were retconned so to speak. But I suppose this means he could come back in Part 3. We see Destro kind of for no other reason than to reference him, Cobra Commander barely does anything, Firefly was so cliche a villain I hardly noticed him. The true villain of the film of course is Zartan, but it's a shame Arnold Vosloo has very little screentime as Zartan's true face.

Road Block is okay, but I'd be lying if I said I always picture The Rock in the role. Road Block used to be one of my favorite Joe toys as a kid. It's funny how forced into the film his daughters feel. When he reunites with them in the end, I wonder who was looking after them. Flint might-as-well have been invisible for all I noticed of him. Lady Jaye was nice to look at, but... no that's about it.

I still enjoy it as a fun bad movie, and do hope to see these characters and those of RISE OF COBRA unite for an epic third film.
i heard that GI joe 2 is acutally fun to watch. im alittle hesitant to see it as i HATED the first one.
Back to top Go down
wildhoney66

wildhoney66

PostSubject: Re: What Was The Last Movie You Watched?   What Was The Last Movie You Watched? - Page 23 EmptyThu Apr 18, 2013 8:15 am

that's a good way to put it Sean. also you are prolly right they did go back and do reshoots. honestly i wonder what was even added ? other than maybe those scenes with them playing video games maybe? that brad talked about.

though i haven't seen either film i wonder if they will at some point put out the original version when it comes to video? well that's what i still call it anyways.
Back to top Go down
ChaosTheory

ChaosTheory

PostSubject: Re: What Was The Last Movie You Watched?   What Was The Last Movie You Watched? - Page 23 EmptyThu Apr 18, 2013 10:17 pm

Toyland Chairman wrote:

SPOILERS, sort of

That's too bad about Vosloo. He and Ray Park as Snake Eyes were the only things in the first movie I liked. Speaking of which, how much screentime does Snake Eyes get?
Back to top Go down
http://anxietycloset.storenvy.com
Angie Matera

Angie Matera

PostSubject: Re: What Was The Last Movie You Watched?   What Was The Last Movie You Watched? - Page 23 EmptyFri Apr 19, 2013 10:31 am

Safety no gaurented. great indie flick. directors gonan direct Jurrassic park 4
Back to top Go down
Otaku4Life

Otaku4Life

PostSubject: Re: What Was The Last Movie You Watched?   What Was The Last Movie You Watched? - Page 23 EmptyFri Apr 19, 2013 10:47 am

A bootleged DVD of "Django" my mom bought for me.
Back to top Go down
Toyland Chairman

Toyland Chairman

PostSubject: Re: What Was The Last Movie You Watched?   What Was The Last Movie You Watched? - Page 23 EmptySat Apr 20, 2013 8:40 am

THE HUNT FOR RED OCTOBER
I own all four Jack Ryan films on VHS, but I think this one might be the best. I look forward to the new film "Jack Ryan" later this year, too.

THE LEGEND OF BIGFOOT
Ivan Marx's documentary in more of a wilderness film than it is about Bigfoot. Compiled from years of Ivan's research about animals and the great outdoors, spliced with new footage depicting Bigfoot for commercial reasons, as the mystery of Bigfoot was a hot debate at the time. And kind of still is. This film is an interesting watch for both reasons, but it may not be for everyone.

EVEL KNIEVEL (1971)
I bought the Legacy DVD probably a few years back, and I finally got around to watching it. Not a bad film, but not great either. I was never fan of Evel's anyway. I know the movie was fictionalized, but in the movie he comes off real paranoid, kind of a jerk, and in the flashbacks as a criminal. I like the stock footage of the real Evel's accident on the motorbike.

JUNIOR (1985)
I watched this film for the first time in years earlier this month, and I really can't quite tell what genre it is. It actually doesn't come off all that much like a horror film honestly. Almost like it's a Lifetime TV movie pushed to the extreme.

STREET FIGHTER IV: THE ANIMATED MOVIE
Watched this, and STREET FIGHTER ALPHA the night before. Before a few months back maybe I had no idea these films even existed. I liked them both, though I think I liked this one a little more. Not great animation, but Chun-Li at least didn't look like an alien. I haven't played STEET FIGHTER II in years, and wasn't aware there was a 3 or 4. This whole dark side of Ryu was really surprising. Course after getting into the TEKKEN films, this whole thing reminds me of the Devil Gene plot point. And I find out there's a STREET FIGHTER VS. TEKKEN type game out. Holy!

Last edited by Toyland Chairman on Sat Apr 20, 2013 9:47 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.freewebs.com/demonictoys/
Otaku4Life

Otaku4Life

PostSubject: Re: What Was The Last Movie You Watched?   What Was The Last Movie You Watched? - Page 23 EmptySat Apr 20, 2013 9:19 am

Limited theatrical release of "Lords of Salem" directed by Rob Zombie.
Back to top Go down
Razzly

Razzly

PostSubject: Re: What Was The Last Movie You Watched?   What Was The Last Movie You Watched? - Page 23 EmptyFri May 03, 2013 4:10 pm

Michael (2011) - Below average film about a deadpan child molester that keeps a deadpan little boy locked up in his deadpan basement inside of his deadpan house. Oddly enough, it's mostly boring padding. Lots of nothing and pointless waiting, often with still shots that draw on for moments that are far longer than necessary with little to no plot or character development. I only learned what the boy's name was AFTER I watched the movie and checked IMDb. The film mostly keeps eye on the protagonist and documents how "normal" his extremely boring life is. It's boring because the writers were being "realistic". I think I nodded off a few times. Pretty crazy accomplishment considering the subject matter...

Happiness (1998) - Very Good. Very silly movie. I am surprised I hadn't seen it before, to be honest, as it seemed quite well-known. I can really relate to the musician woman in it.

Sundays & Cybele (1962) - Good. This film really gives a nice look back at how sexists people were back in the 60's. The film is in black and white. I'm not to fond of black and white...
Back to top Go down
Otaku4Life

Otaku4Life

PostSubject: Re: What Was The Last Movie You Watched?   What Was The Last Movie You Watched? - Page 23 EmptyFri May 03, 2013 9:43 pm

The last movie I've watched was "TRON" on DVD from my local library.
Awesome movie!
Back to top Go down
Angie Matera

Angie Matera

PostSubject: Re: What Was The Last Movie You Watched?   What Was The Last Movie You Watched? - Page 23 EmptyFri May 03, 2013 9:57 pm

Celebrity Sex Scandal wrote:
Michael (2011) - Below average film about a deadpan child molester that keeps a deadpan little boy locked up in his deadpan basement inside of his deadpan house. Oddly enough, it's mostly boring padding. Lots of nothing and pointless waiting, often with still shots that draw on for moments that are far longer than necessary with little to no plot or character development. I only learned what the boy's name was AFTER I watched the movie and checked IMDb. The film mostly keeps eye on the protagonist and documents how "normal" his extremely boring life is. It's boring because the writers were being "realistic". I think I nodded off a few times. Pretty crazy accomplishment considering the subject matter...

Happiness (1998) - Very Good. Very silly movie. I am surprised I hadn't seen it before, to be honest, as it seemed quite well-known. I can really relate to the musician woman in it.

Sundays & Cybele (1962) - Good. This film really gives a nice look back at how sexists people were back in the 60's. The film is in black and white. I'm not to fond of black and white...

Happiness is one of my favorite movies of all time. almost no-one else i know has heard of it. Last movie i saw was Iron man 3 intheaters. It was a good action flick and i enjoyed it but Comic bookfanboys/girls might not like what they did to several chracters .
Back to top Go down
Hybrid Pig-Boy

Hybrid Pig-Boy

PostSubject: Re: What Was The Last Movie You Watched?   What Was The Last Movie You Watched? - Page 23 EmptyFri May 03, 2013 11:14 pm

My American Literature class is ending with two examples of Neo-realism in film; in a few minutes we're going to finish up Blade Runner, and next week we'll be watching Memento. Blade Runner's been pretty damn awesome, and I trust my teacher's judgement that Memento will be just as good.
Back to top Go down
wildhoney66

wildhoney66

PostSubject: Re: What Was The Last Movie You Watched?   What Was The Last Movie You Watched? - Page 23 EmptySat May 04, 2013 5:33 am

actually it's been awhle since i last watched a movie. i've been watching some Classic Doctor who as of late.
Back to top Go down
Angie Matera

Angie Matera

PostSubject: Re: What Was The Last Movie You Watched?   What Was The Last Movie You Watched? - Page 23 EmptySat May 04, 2013 11:10 am

Hybrid Pig-Boy wrote:
My American Literature class is ending with two examples of Neo-realism in film; in a few minutes we're going to finish up Blade Runner, and next week we'll be watching Memento. Blade Runner's been pretty damn awesome, and I trust my teacher's judgement that Memento will be just as good.
Memento is exellent. my favorite of the nolanfilms.
Back to top Go down
Otaku4Life

Otaku4Life

PostSubject: Re: What Was The Last Movie You Watched?   What Was The Last Movie You Watched? - Page 23 EmptySat May 04, 2013 11:15 am

I've just finished watching "TRON Legacy".
It had some cool moments but wasn't as good as the original.
It did have a really cool soundtrack by Daft Punk.
Back to top Go down
Angie Matera

Angie Matera

PostSubject: Re: What Was The Last Movie You Watched?   What Was The Last Movie You Watched? - Page 23 EmptySat May 04, 2013 11:19 am

Otaku4Life wrote:
I've just finished watching "TRON Legacy".
It had some cool moments but wasn't as good as the original.
It did have a really cool soundtrack by Daft Punk.

yeah ipersonally couldn't get into Tron. i do love Legacys soundtrack though.
Back to top Go down
Otaku4Life

Otaku4Life

PostSubject: Re: What Was The Last Movie You Watched?   What Was The Last Movie You Watched? - Page 23 EmptyTue May 07, 2013 8:19 pm

PAIN & GAIN.
Here's a really funny Adult Swim commercial of it with the cast were puppets.
http://vimeo.com/64673586
Back to top Go down
ChaosTheory

ChaosTheory

PostSubject: Re: What Was The Last Movie You Watched?   What Was The Last Movie You Watched? - Page 23 EmptyMon May 20, 2013 1:17 am

STAR TREK: WRATH OF CUMBERBATCH - it's bound to raise some hackles among the Trekkies but I really enjoyed it; Kirk is finally in true leader mode at the end, the story is much more cohesive than in the previous movie; and I'll come out and admit it: I'm in love with Bones. cyclops
Abrams still needs to lose the flares though.
Back to top Go down
wildhoney66

wildhoney66

PostSubject: Re: What Was The Last Movie You Watched?   What Was The Last Movie You Watched? - Page 23 EmptyMon May 20, 2013 1:22 am

i still yet have to see the last one. i don't refuse to see it but i just haven't gotten around to it. i plan on some point to watch both of the films. even though as i watched brad's review to kinda know what to expect but that's ok by me.

i've never been as huge of a fan of star trek as some people out there. watching all the tv shows and films, and knowing them by heart isn't my thing. actually i haven't watched any star trek filmi in years! though i do enjoy them.

and i like Voyager. i hope i'm not the only one on that boat. but i enjoyed it. anyways, really the only film i watched recently was last week i watched the (1994) film "Star Gate' and that's it. i still have yet to see "Mememto' though

i have heard good things though about that one.
Back to top Go down
ChaosTheory

ChaosTheory

PostSubject: Re: What Was The Last Movie You Watched?   What Was The Last Movie You Watched? - Page 23 EmptyMon May 20, 2013 1:33 am

I never got that much into Trek (I've watched the OS and Next Generation some, KHAN was the only pre-boot movie I liked), and that probably helps re: seeing the new movies lol.

I also watched THE MAN WITH THE IRON FISTS last week. Really didn't care for it; there are plenty of
"authentic" martial-arts-exploitation movies out there that are much more entertaining.

Back to top Go down
wildhoney66

wildhoney66

PostSubject: Re: What Was The Last Movie You Watched?   What Was The Last Movie You Watched? - Page 23 EmptyMon May 20, 2013 2:00 am

for the original films part 2 is of course the best. but i also enjoy part 3. and i also enjoyed part 6 as well.

as for 'the man with the iron fist' i haven't seen that one yet either.
Back to top Go down
Otaku4Life

Otaku4Life

PostSubject: Re: What Was The Last Movie You Watched?   What Was The Last Movie You Watched? - Page 23 EmptyMon May 20, 2013 8:45 am

"Exorcist 3"
Back to top Go down
Angie Matera

Angie Matera

PostSubject: Re: What Was The Last Movie You Watched?   What Was The Last Movie You Watched? - Page 23 EmptyTue May 21, 2013 9:42 am

wildhoney66 wrote:
for the original films part 2 is of course the best. but i also enjoy part 3. and i also enjoyed part 6 as well.

as for 'the man with the iron fist' i haven't seen that one yet either.

out of the oringal 6 movies i enjoy 2,3,4, and 6. i still need to see anything that involves the other casts. the last movie i saw was Resurrection Mary from 2007 i think. has Joe estvez in it. It was really bad.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What Was The Last Movie You Watched?   What Was The Last Movie You Watched? - Page 23 Empty

Back to top Go down

What Was The Last Movie You Watched?
Page 23 of 41Go to page : Previous  1 ... 13 ... 22, 23, 24 ... 32 ... 41  Next