The Cinema Snob
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pierre Kirby Approved.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Super Kombat of Fighters Turbo: Tekken Edition (The Fighting Game topic)

Go down 
+5
The Original Greaser Bob
ermac
Stray13
Frank Rizzo
Eckertmania
9 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
A Cockatrice

A Cockatrice

Super Kombat of Fighters Turbo: Tekken Edition (The Fighting Game topic) - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Super Kombat of Fighters Turbo: Tekken Edition (The Fighting Game topic)   Super Kombat of Fighters Turbo: Tekken Edition (The Fighting Game topic) - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 04, 2011 3:34 am

I absolutely suck at any Street Fighter game, for SF4 I main Dan so I have an excuse for when I get dominated by anyone.
Back to top Go down
Eckertmania

Eckertmania

Super Kombat of Fighters Turbo: Tekken Edition (The Fighting Game topic) - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Super Kombat of Fighters Turbo: Tekken Edition (The Fighting Game topic)   Super Kombat of Fighters Turbo: Tekken Edition (The Fighting Game topic) - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 04, 2011 3:38 am

Dan's actually incredibly good in the right hands. It's all about forcing your opponent to do dumb things. Here, watch this. That right there is amazing Dan play. And the people playing against him are no slouches in Street Fighter, either.
Back to top Go down
http://asliceomind.wordpress.com/
A Cockatrice

A Cockatrice

PostSubject: Re: Super Kombat of Fighters Turbo: Tekken Edition (The Fighting Game topic)   Super Kombat of Fighters Turbo: Tekken Edition (The Fighting Game topic) - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 04, 2011 4:11 am

Eckertmania wrote:
Dan's actually incredibly good in the right hands. It's all about forcing your opponent to do dumb things. Here, watch this. That right there is amazing Dan play. And the people playing against him are no slouches in Street Fighter, either.

That Dan is really fucking good. I gotta get me Super Street Fighter 4 and practice that shit.
Back to top Go down
Eckertmania

Eckertmania

PostSubject: Re: Super Kombat of Fighters Turbo: Tekken Edition (The Fighting Game topic)   Super Kombat of Fighters Turbo: Tekken Edition (The Fighting Game topic) - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 04, 2011 4:25 am

Where in MN are you? If you want to play on a regular basis, there's a scene up in the Twin Cities. And La Crosse has a small scene if you're close to there.
Back to top Go down
A Cockatrice

A Cockatrice

PostSubject: Re: Super Kombat of Fighters Turbo: Tekken Edition (The Fighting Game topic)   Super Kombat of Fighters Turbo: Tekken Edition (The Fighting Game topic) - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 04, 2011 5:32 am

Eckertmania wrote:
Where in MN are you? If you want to play on a regular basis, there's a scene up in the Twin Cities. And La Crosse has a small scene if you're close to there.

I'm in the Twin Cities (Saint Paul specifically), I would go to the tournaments but I'm pretty bad at Street Fighter right now.
Back to top Go down
Eckertmania

Eckertmania

PostSubject: Re: Super Kombat of Fighters Turbo: Tekken Edition (The Fighting Game topic)   Super Kombat of Fighters Turbo: Tekken Edition (The Fighting Game topic) - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 04, 2011 8:03 am

I can tell you this, man; go to the tourneys even if you are bad. Because, if you have a willingness to learn and ask questions, someone will answer them for you and help you out with them. That's what I do at every tourney I go to, and I'm one of the better players in my little scene.
Back to top Go down
A Cockatrice

A Cockatrice

PostSubject: Re: Super Kombat of Fighters Turbo: Tekken Edition (The Fighting Game topic)   Super Kombat of Fighters Turbo: Tekken Edition (The Fighting Game topic) - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 04, 2011 11:21 am

Eckertmania wrote:
I can tell you this, man; go to the tourneys even if you are bad. Because, if you have a willingness to learn and ask questions, someone will answer them for you and help you out with them. That's what I do at every tourney I go to, and I'm one of the better players in my little scene.

What do you play SSF4 on, and do you use any special controller/fighting stick?
Back to top Go down
Eckertmania

Eckertmania

PostSubject: Re: Super Kombat of Fighters Turbo: Tekken Edition (The Fighting Game topic)   Super Kombat of Fighters Turbo: Tekken Edition (The Fighting Game topic) - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 04, 2011 12:28 pm

I play on 360, but most of the tourneys use PS3s (they tend to follow EVO for these kinda things) and I do play on a stick. A TE with stock parts (IE: Sanwa stick and buttons), to be exact.
Back to top Go down
Eckertmania

Eckertmania

PostSubject: Re: Super Kombat of Fighters Turbo: Tekken Edition (The Fighting Game topic)   Super Kombat of Fighters Turbo: Tekken Edition (The Fighting Game topic) - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 18, 2011 8:44 am

So, who all here is playing Marvel vs Capcom 3?
Back to top Go down
The Original Greaser Bob

The Original Greaser Bob

PostSubject: Re: Super Kombat of Fighters Turbo: Tekken Edition (The Fighting Game topic)   Super Kombat of Fighters Turbo: Tekken Edition (The Fighting Game topic) - Page 2 EmptySat Feb 19, 2011 3:55 am

Eckertmania wrote:
So, who all here is playing Marvel vs Capcom 3?
As soon as I get $60...
Back to top Go down
Eckertmania

Eckertmania

PostSubject: Re: Super Kombat of Fighters Turbo: Tekken Edition (The Fighting Game topic)   Super Kombat of Fighters Turbo: Tekken Edition (The Fighting Game topic) - Page 2 EmptySat Feb 19, 2011 3:59 am

It's really fun and really simple to get into (almost TOO simple...). But the guys at the shop are really enjoying it and I've been having fun with it, so I think it's still worth getting.
Back to top Go down
The Original Greaser Bob

The Original Greaser Bob

PostSubject: Re: Super Kombat of Fighters Turbo: Tekken Edition (The Fighting Game topic)   Super Kombat of Fighters Turbo: Tekken Edition (The Fighting Game topic) - Page 2 EmptySat Feb 19, 2011 6:54 am

Eckertmania wrote:
It's really fun and really simple to get into (almost TOO simple...). But the guys at the shop are really enjoying it and I've been having fun with it, so I think it's still worth getting.
Well, it should be pretty hard to fuck up Marvel vs Capcom. It's one of those real "If it ain't broke, don't fix it" kind of deals.
Back to top Go down
Eckertmania

Eckertmania

PostSubject: Re: Super Kombat of Fighters Turbo: Tekken Edition (The Fighting Game topic)   Super Kombat of Fighters Turbo: Tekken Edition (The Fighting Game topic) - Page 2 EmptySat Feb 19, 2011 8:58 am

The Dude wrote:
Eckertmania wrote:
Well, it should be pretty hard to fuck up Marvel vs Capcom. It's one of those real "If it ain't broke, don't fix it" kind of deals.

They did change the controls, though. Not a huge fan of them (they're basically TvC's controll scheme, just with assist buttons)
Back to top Go down
relauby

relauby

PostSubject: Re: Super Kombat of Fighters Turbo: Tekken Edition (The Fighting Game topic)   Super Kombat of Fighters Turbo: Tekken Edition (The Fighting Game topic) - Page 2 EmptySat Feb 19, 2011 7:44 pm

Is anyone else looking forward to the new Mortal Kombat game coming out?
Back to top Go down
A Cockatrice

A Cockatrice

PostSubject: Re: Super Kombat of Fighters Turbo: Tekken Edition (The Fighting Game topic)   Super Kombat of Fighters Turbo: Tekken Edition (The Fighting Game topic) - Page 2 EmptySun Feb 20, 2011 11:35 am

Relauby wrote:

I'm really pumped for that. More so then usual. I played the franchise up until 3 and stopped when they went 3D and now that they are going back to 2D gameplay its reawakened the kid in me.
Back to top Go down
The Original Greaser Bob

The Original Greaser Bob

PostSubject: Re: Super Kombat of Fighters Turbo: Tekken Edition (The Fighting Game topic)   Super Kombat of Fighters Turbo: Tekken Edition (The Fighting Game topic) - Page 2 EmptySun Feb 20, 2011 12:48 pm

A Cockatrice wrote:
Relauby wrote:

I'm really pumped for that. More so then usual. I played the franchise up until 3 and stopped when they went 3D and now that they are going back to 2D gameplay its reawakened the kid in me.
Mortal Kombat 4 was actually pretty good.
Back to top Go down
Eckertmania

Eckertmania

PostSubject: Re: Super Kombat of Fighters Turbo: Tekken Edition (The Fighting Game topic)   Super Kombat of Fighters Turbo: Tekken Edition (The Fighting Game topic) - Page 2 EmptyMon Mar 21, 2011 12:19 am

So, the demo for the new MK game has been out on PS3 for a little while, and since I don't have a PS3, I'm kinda curious as to what you folks here that have it think of it.
Back to top Go down
Eckertmania

Eckertmania

PostSubject: Re: Super Kombat of Fighters Turbo: Tekken Edition (The Fighting Game topic)   Super Kombat of Fighters Turbo: Tekken Edition (The Fighting Game topic) - Page 2 EmptyFri Apr 08, 2011 8:52 pm

The trailer for tThe Arcade Edition DLC for Super Street Fighter 4 has been leaked...and promptly been pulled everywhere by Capcom, which pretty much means it's legit. I am incredibly excited for this. Maybe the folks at the shop I play at will stop playing Marvel 3 and pick up SSF4 again once AE comes out...
Back to top Go down
relauby

relauby

PostSubject: Re: Super Kombat of Fighters Turbo: Tekken Edition (The Fighting Game topic)   Super Kombat of Fighters Turbo: Tekken Edition (The Fighting Game topic) - Page 2 EmptySat Apr 09, 2011 12:39 am

Eckertmania wrote:
So, the demo for the new MK game has been out on PS3 for a little while, and since I don't have a PS3, I'm kinda curious as to what you folks here that have it think of it.
It's pretty much what you'd expect. It's like the old ones, so it's a lot of fun.
Back to top Go down
barrylikesbnbns

barrylikesbnbns

PostSubject: Re: Super Kombat of Fighters Turbo: Tekken Edition (The Fighting Game topic)   Super Kombat of Fighters Turbo: Tekken Edition (The Fighting Game topic) - Page 2 EmptySun Apr 10, 2011 2:21 am

SF3 Third Strike was always my favourite fighting game, alongside MK3. And a remake is coming to the XboX and PS3 supposidly.

Capcom is ready to explore the history of the Street Fighter series and revive some of the titles it finds there for launch, in a remade form, on the PlayStation Network and the Xbox Live Arcade. The company has confirmed the Comic Con news that it will be bringing Street Fighter III: Third Strike back to life, although it has not specified when the title might be launched. The original fighting game appeared in 1999 in arcades.
http://news.softpedia.com/news/Capcom-Remakes-Street-Fighter-III-Third-Strike-149397.shtml

Back to top Go down
Eckertmania

Eckertmania

PostSubject: Re: Super Kombat of Fighters Turbo: Tekken Edition (The Fighting Game topic)   Super Kombat of Fighters Turbo: Tekken Edition (The Fighting Game topic) - Page 2 EmptySun Apr 10, 2011 4:41 am

It's actually not a remake so much as the exact same game as the arcade version. They aren't going to rebalance it at all which makes some people really happy, but other really annoyed.
Back to top Go down
relauby

relauby

PostSubject: Re: Super Kombat of Fighters Turbo: Tekken Edition (The Fighting Game topic)   Super Kombat of Fighters Turbo: Tekken Edition (The Fighting Game topic) - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 25, 2011 2:55 am

So did anyone else pick up Mortal Kombat? It's really the first fighting game I've played for an extended period and I've been having a blast with it. I just found out about the return of the "Babalities" today and after seeing a couple, they're pretty awesome. Much better than the old one where the baby just sits there.
Back to top Go down
barrylikesbnbns

barrylikesbnbns

PostSubject: Re: Super Kombat of Fighters Turbo: Tekken Edition (The Fighting Game topic)   Super Kombat of Fighters Turbo: Tekken Edition (The Fighting Game topic) - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 25, 2011 5:18 am

relauby wrote:
"Babalities"

Is FRIENDSHIPs in there too? If they're, I am so buying that.

I loved the first one on the Mega Drive, but primarily for the music. It had a special touch that the arcade and SNES versions didn't have.

I also loved Trilogy on in the PS1. I remember it was a collaboration of MK1,2 and 3, with fatilitys, animalitys, babalitys, friendships and added special environment fatalitys. That's the best MK imo, but I haven't tried the new one, so I can't comment for sure.
Back to top Go down
The Original Greaser Bob

The Original Greaser Bob

PostSubject: Re: Super Kombat of Fighters Turbo: Tekken Edition (The Fighting Game topic)   Super Kombat of Fighters Turbo: Tekken Edition (The Fighting Game topic) - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 25, 2011 6:33 am

Best MK experience: Playing the original arcade cabinet and pulling off Sub-Zero's fatality.
Back to top Go down
relauby

relauby

PostSubject: Re: Super Kombat of Fighters Turbo: Tekken Edition (The Fighting Game topic)   Super Kombat of Fighters Turbo: Tekken Edition (The Fighting Game topic) - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 25, 2011 9:42 am

barrylikesbnbns wrote:
relauby wrote:
"Babalities"

Is FRIENDSHIPs in there too? If they're, I am so buying that.
No, but I kind of wish they were. I watched a Youtube video with all of them in it and some were pretty funny. No Animalities or anything else in there, just babalities and fatalities.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Super Kombat of Fighters Turbo: Tekken Edition (The Fighting Game topic)   Super Kombat of Fighters Turbo: Tekken Edition (The Fighting Game topic) - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Super Kombat of Fighters Turbo: Tekken Edition (The Fighting Game topic)
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next