The Cinema Snob
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pierre Kirby Approved.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

"Super Mario Bros Movie" Interviews

Go down 
+2
Angie Matera
Otaku4Life
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Otaku4Life

Otaku4Life

"Super Mario Bros Movie" Interviews Empty
PostSubject: "Super Mario Bros Movie" Interviews   "Super Mario Bros Movie" Interviews EmptyThu Jun 27, 2013 11:52 pm

Here are some video interviews from behind the scenes of "Super Mario Bros: The Movie".
Bob Hoskins suffered injuries from his own stunts & got some criticism from his son about his role as Mario.
And John Leguizamo tells a story about giving an autograph to a kid who wanted it signed by "Luigi", not by "John".

Back to top Go down
Angie Matera

Angie Matera

PostSubject: Re: "Super Mario Bros Movie" Interviews   "Super Mario Bros Movie" Interviews EmptyFri Jun 28, 2013 7:52 am

ahhh such a disaster this movie is
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/angelina.matera
Otaku4Life

Otaku4Life

PostSubject: Re: "Super Mario Bros Movie" Interviews   "Super Mario Bros Movie" Interviews EmptySat Jun 29, 2013 7:22 am

Angie Matera wrote:
ahhh such a disaster this movie is
If you have seen the Nerd's review of the movie, he mentioned that Bob & John had to drink scotch on the set to dull away the pain.
http://cinemassacre.com/2013/05/28/super-mario-bros-1993-movie-review/
Back to top Go down
Frank Rizzo

Frank Rizzo

PostSubject: Re: "Super Mario Bros Movie" Interviews   "Super Mario Bros Movie" Interviews EmptySat Jun 29, 2013 10:39 am

According to legend, the cast (Bob and John included) never bothered reading through the scripts, as apparently every other day there would be re-writes and changes to it.
Back to top Go down
Skibz

Skibz

PostSubject: Re: "Super Mario Bros Movie" Interviews   "Super Mario Bros Movie" Interviews EmptyThu Jul 11, 2013 3:10 am

Otaku4Life wrote:
If you have seen the Nerd's review of the movie, he mentioned that Bob & John had to drink scotch on the set to dull away the pain.
http://cinemassacre.com/2013/05/28/super-mario-bros-1993-movie-review/

I was really pleasantly surprised by how fairly he treated the movie in his review; it was a fair and balanced "well, it is what it is" outlook than the biased "let's tear this flick a new one" mentality that most "critics" review it with.

I notice popular opinion of 'Super Mario Bros.' is slowly turning from negative to mediocre; I don't know if it's because of nostalgia, or because people are finally realizing it's not that bad compared to the majority of what's released in theaters nowadays. I know I would be first in line to watch a dinosaur cyberpunk action-comedy about plumbers and fungus before I'd see another spoof movie or horror remake.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/theskibz
Frank Rizzo

Frank Rizzo

PostSubject: Re: "Super Mario Bros Movie" Interviews   "Super Mario Bros Movie" Interviews EmptyThu Jul 11, 2013 7:58 am

I'll be honest, way back when it first came out, I thought it was pretty good.

Was it a flawless movie? Absolutely not, but it was far from the worst movie ever.
Back to top Go down
jasn0_X

jasn0_X

PostSubject: Re: "Super Mario Bros Movie" Interviews   "Super Mario Bros Movie" Interviews EmptyThu Jul 11, 2013 10:18 am

I always thought it was weird that no one else seemed to notice that The Lizard in the newest Spider-Man movie looked just like a Goomba from this Super Mario Brothers movie. Smile 

When I was kid I thought this movie was weird as hell, but I liked it enough. Don't think I could say the same thing now if I watched it again...lol... Razz 
Back to top Go down
Frank Rizzo

Frank Rizzo

PostSubject: Re: "Super Mario Bros Movie" Interviews   "Super Mario Bros Movie" Interviews EmptyThu Jul 11, 2013 10:23 am

I *do* remember the first thing my cousin (a huge Mario fan) said when he saw this movie was "....Since when is Luigi a Hispanic huh?"
Back to top Go down
tonythe chosen

PostSubject: Re: "Super Mario Bros Movie" Interviews   "Super Mario Bros Movie" Interviews EmptyThu Jul 11, 2013 10:25 am

i have a good friend who thinks its amazingly good.
Back to top Go down
Frank Rizzo

Frank Rizzo

PostSubject: Re: "Super Mario Bros Movie" Interviews   "Super Mario Bros Movie" Interviews EmptyThu Jul 11, 2013 10:26 am

Well, like I said before, I *do* like the movie.

Yes, I know it's not a cinematic masterpiece, but I don't think it's as terrible as some people make it out to be.
Back to top Go down
Skibz

Skibz

PostSubject: Re: "Super Mario Bros Movie" Interviews   "Super Mario Bros Movie" Interviews EmptyThu Jul 11, 2013 1:08 pm

Most everything that people point out as flaws are what I consider to be the better elements of the film. What people consider negative departures from the source material I always thought were improvements, from making the Goombas more intimidating creatures (you can't be threatening when you're two feet tall) to making Koopa a more layered and relatively deeper character than just a princess-capturing dinosaur to - thank God - making Toad something other than the annoying idiot he was in the cartoons. And, as I've mentioned before, the whole darker and more "adult" tone and weird cyberpunk aesthetic did a lot more to stimulate my little brain than the underdeveloped environments of the game or cartoon (didn't every episode take place in "Jungle World", "Space World", etc.? Tolkien would have been kicking himself for not envisioning such majestically original settings).

Obviously, I really like the movie, but looking at it through a completely objective viewpoint, it's just not that bad. Keep in mind, 1993 also gave us 'Robocop 3', 'The Beverly Hillbillies', 'TMNT III' and Pauly Shore's 'Son-in-Law'. Though there are parts of it worthy of criticism, 'Super Mario Bros.' is just one of those things that seems trendy to hate on, even for people who haven't even seen the film...it's like Uwe Boll: there's plenty of crap but there's plenty of brilliance if your mind is open enough to accept it.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/theskibz
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: "Super Mario Bros Movie" Interviews   "Super Mario Bros Movie" Interviews Empty

Back to top Go down

"Super Mario Bros Movie" Interviews
Page 1 of 1