The Cinema Snob
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pierre Kirby Approved.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

The 1998 TriStar Godzilla to be Re-Released in 3D Imax

Go down 
+3
ChaosTheory
Frank Rizzo
lyle h
7 posters
AuthorMessage
lyle h

The 1998 TriStar Godzilla to be Re-Released in 3D Imax Empty
PostSubject: The 1998 TriStar Godzilla to be Re-Released in 3D Imax   The 1998 TriStar Godzilla to be Re-Released in 3D Imax EmptyTue Apr 01, 2014 8:31 pm

I was shocked when I saw this Shocked http://www.kaijuphile.com/community/index.php?threads/the-1998-tristar-godzilla-to-be-re-released-in-imax-3d.64248/
Back to top Go down
Frank Rizzo

Frank Rizzo

PostSubject: Re: The 1998 TriStar Godzilla to be Re-Released in 3D Imax   The 1998 TriStar Godzilla to be Re-Released in 3D Imax EmptyWed Apr 02, 2014 12:34 am

April 1st this is posted.

April Fool's Day joke me thinks?
Back to top Go down
ChaosTheory

ChaosTheory

PostSubject: Re: The 1998 TriStar Godzilla to be Re-Released in 3D Imax   The 1998 TriStar Godzilla to be Re-Released in 3D Imax EmptyWed Apr 02, 2014 1:46 am

Let's hope so.
Even that movie's soundtrack was a pitiful knockoff. P. Diddy sampling "Kashmir" (and Jimmy Page is in the video too, for shame Jimmy)? The Wallflowers covering "Heroes"? Who the hell wants to hear The Wallflowers sing "Heroes"?!
Back to top Go down
http://anxietycloset.storenvy.com
wildhoney66

wildhoney66

PostSubject: Re: The 1998 TriStar Godzilla to be Re-Released in 3D Imax   The 1998 TriStar Godzilla to be Re-Released in 3D Imax EmptyWed Apr 02, 2014 9:16 am

for me the film was an ok film. nothing great, i didn't think it was a terrible film i thought it was an ok film. it's NOT a film i'll ever watch again though. and i HATE that version of Kashmir! why Jimmy is a good question indeed.
i could care less about the wall flowers as well
Back to top Go down
Toyland Chairman

Toyland Chairman

PostSubject: Re: The 1998 TriStar Godzilla to be Re-Released in 3D Imax   The 1998 TriStar Godzilla to be Re-Released in 3D Imax EmptyFri Apr 04, 2014 3:54 am

I doubt this, but I personally wouldn't be against it. Not that I would go see it, I'll stick with my DVD.

The film's real problem is the name. This is a seriously fun and underrated monster movie, it's just that thing isn't Godzilla.
Back to top Go down
http://www.freewebs.com/demonictoys/
Skibz

Skibz

PostSubject: Re: The 1998 TriStar Godzilla to be Re-Released in 3D Imax   The 1998 TriStar Godzilla to be Re-Released in 3D Imax EmptySat Apr 05, 2014 12:34 am

According to the link provided, with bolding added for emphasis:

Quote :
Dean Devlin , in a phone interview from his home at Lee-Jay Trailer Park outside of Oakland Ca. was quoted as saying “ With that new (Legendary) version geared more toward older fans, it is good that this retooled version of our film will allow newer fans to appreciate what we tried to do with the character.” When asked if he had spoken to Roland Emmerich about the 3D conversion he responded, “No....he screens his calls now” The re-release is set for late September.....or not, any thoughts to this April Foolishness?

These are my favorite types of April Fools' news posts: the kind that blatantly give away the joke in the last paragraph of a three-paragraph story and yet there are still hundreds of people who will take it at face value because nobody ever takes the time to read the fine print (or in this case, the main print). Wink
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/theskibz
Frank Rizzo

Frank Rizzo

PostSubject: Re: The 1998 TriStar Godzilla to be Re-Released in 3D Imax   The 1998 TriStar Godzilla to be Re-Released in 3D Imax EmptySat Apr 05, 2014 1:49 am

Heh, called it.
Back to top Go down
perkele

perkele

PostSubject: Re: The 1998 TriStar Godzilla to be Re-Released in 3D Imax   The 1998 TriStar Godzilla to be Re-Released in 3D Imax EmptySat Apr 05, 2014 5:21 am

Skibz wrote:

These are my favorite types of April Fools' news posts: the kind that blatantly give away the joke in the last paragraph of a three-paragraph story and yet there are still hundreds of people who will take it at face value because nobody ever takes the time to read the fine print (or in this case, the main print). Wink

Yeah. Last year I got fooled by Josh Hadley of all people:

http://www.geekexchange.com/andrew-dice-clay-cast-as-the-voice-of-thanos-in-avengers-2-51455.html
 Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The 1998 TriStar Godzilla to be Re-Released in 3D Imax   The 1998 TriStar Godzilla to be Re-Released in 3D Imax Empty

Back to top Go down

The 1998 TriStar Godzilla to be Re-Released in 3D Imax
Page 1 of 1