The Cinema Snob
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pierre Kirby Approved.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

So what's the philosophy this board has on criticism?

Go down 
+7
JustinDP
Cactus_Matt
A Cockatrice
ermac
The Original Greaser Bob
Kaneda
yakityyakblah
11 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
The Original Greaser Bob

The Original Greaser Bob

So what's the philosophy this board has on criticism? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: So what's the philosophy this board has on criticism?   So what's the philosophy this board has on criticism? - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 23, 2011 1:50 pm

Tommy Wiseau wrote:
We'll have to wait until we get mods for the forum. I think the mods here will do a good job of banning/punishing only when completely necessary, as Brad's fans seem to be mature and non-fanboyish.
Though for the most part, we've all just been sitting around agreeing with each other, so there's never really been cause for flames to erupt.
Back to top Go down
JustinDP

JustinDP

PostSubject: Re: So what's the philosophy this board has on criticism?   So what's the philosophy this board has on criticism? - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 23, 2011 4:05 pm

We don't really need any mods yet really since there hasn't really been any trouble. I'm certain it'll come eventually. It's only a matter of time before some asshat shows up and decides to troll Brad's forums. But for right now things are pretty peaceful.

I've been a mod at a bunch of forums, and while I'm willing to do the job if need be I'm not gonna necessarily ask for it. Typically asking to be a mod just makes you seem like you just want the power trip. It'd be far more likely to Brad go with friends or people he can trust.
Back to top Go down
ermac

PostSubject: Re: So what's the philosophy this board has on criticism?   So what's the philosophy this board has on criticism? - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 23, 2011 4:07 pm

Dude, that's cause we're all dudes here Very Happy
But its the internet so its just a matter of time before the assholes show up. That's how all forums work. First the normal people come, and then the insane ones start coming.
Anyway, I don't think we'll be seeing much of spoony's forum massacre here, since Brad himself is a pretty laid-back guy from what I can tell. Incidently if need be I can also provide mod services, since I do have 4 years of experience in being a board admin for a pretty large RPG forum back home.
Back to top Go down
yakityyakblah

yakityyakblah

PostSubject: Re: So what's the philosophy this board has on criticism?   So what's the philosophy this board has on criticism? - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 23, 2011 8:50 pm

When you make friends your mods they tend to be a bit liberal with the ban hammer. It's best to make mods from within the community. Not the people that ask for it, but people that generally do what a mod is supposed to before they get a ban hammer. Being helpful, mediating, that sort of thing. Banning someone should be something you do because you have to, not because you just don't like the person. Cause really, a message board without some disagreement is boring.
Back to top Go down
ermac

PostSubject: Re: So what's the philosophy this board has on criticism?   So what's the philosophy this board has on criticism? - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 23, 2011 9:24 pm

People who deserve to be banned are generally ones that behave like assholes on purpose, don't stop doing that when they are civilizely told to stop and whose only purpose is to introduce turmoil. I've had to ban 2 people in my 4 years of administrating my forum for those exact reasons. Having arguments in a civil way though is perfectly ok otherwise like you said the forum would be boring.
Back to top Go down
The Original Greaser Bob

The Original Greaser Bob

PostSubject: Re: So what's the philosophy this board has on criticism?   So what's the philosophy this board has on criticism? - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 24, 2011 6:01 am

Regrettably, you guys are probably right; the trolls will come eventually, and they will be legion.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: So what's the philosophy this board has on criticism?   So what's the philosophy this board has on criticism? - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

So what's the philosophy this board has on criticism?
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Cinema Snob :: Other Stuff :: General Discussion-
Jump to: