The Cinema Snob
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pierre Kirby Approved.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

R.I.P. Nintendo Power Magazine

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Otaku4Life

Otaku4Life

R.I.P. Nintendo Power Magazine Empty
PostSubject: R.I.P. Nintendo Power Magazine   R.I.P. Nintendo Power Magazine EmptyThu Aug 23, 2012 4:52 am

Nintendo's offical gaming magazine will be ending it's publications in December of 2012.
It had a great run and it will never be forgotten.

Rest In Piece
NINTENDO POWER
1988-2012
@->-

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/interest/2012-08-22/nintendo-power-magazine-to-end-with-december-issue
Back to top Go down
Frank Rizzo

Frank Rizzo

PostSubject: Re: R.I.P. Nintendo Power Magazine   R.I.P. Nintendo Power Magazine EmptyThu Aug 23, 2012 8:15 am

I still have a box full of NP mags from the late 80's to the mid 90's. I think I'll fetch them out of my attic and take a look at them.

I wonder if the last issue will be a huge "farewell" one, or if it'll just be like any other issue.
Back to top Go down
wildhoney66

wildhoney66

PostSubject: Re: R.I.P. Nintendo Power Magazine   R.I.P. Nintendo Power Magazine EmptyFri Aug 24, 2012 10:49 am

GODDAMM IT! i saw this on the nerd's website the other day. and it pissed me off. growing up i read on and off 'Gamepro' that's fucking gone now. wizard ya know the one for comics that's fucking gone as well.

though i didn't read it star log is also gone. and i'm sure i''m leaving out a shit load more. now Nintendo Power is fucking gone? FUCK! i have been reading that off and in since (1988)! more or less. well actually i belonged to it in i think (1991)

my mom years ago made me throw out all those issues or threw them away without me knowing about it. than later on told me. oh i i was pissed. i still have i think the one you got for subsribing back than. that thick book.

i forget what kind it was. and the one with TMNT part 3. and that's it from back than.

than i have issues very dating from the late 90's to today. but maybe 30 or 40 issues IF that.

in short. i guess we lost another one. folks. FUCK!
Back to top Go down
The Original Greaser Bob

The Original Greaser Bob

PostSubject: Re: R.I.P. Nintendo Power Magazine   R.I.P. Nintendo Power Magazine EmptyFri Aug 24, 2012 3:14 pm

It's the end of an era, all right. Digital media is really giving no quarter to print media. Damn shame in my opinion.
Back to top Go down
Frank Rizzo

Frank Rizzo

PostSubject: Re: R.I.P. Nintendo Power Magazine   R.I.P. Nintendo Power Magazine EmptyFri Aug 24, 2012 9:52 pm

As wildhoney said, a lot of game magazines have closed over the last three years. Gamepro closed down I believe it was last year, and Electronic Gaming Monthly closed about two years ago. Now with NP closed, this is pretty much the official end to the video game magazine era, as those were considered the "Big Three" in terms of gaming mags.
Back to top Go down
wildhoney66

wildhoney66

PostSubject: Re: R.I.P. Nintendo Power Magazine   R.I.P. Nintendo Power Magazine EmptySat Aug 25, 2012 1:59 am

i dunno about you guys, or guys and gals if there are any gals on there. but i'd rather hold a magazine in my fucking hand read it, than to go online and read it. it's fucking bullshit that all these are closing. i didn't know that Electronics or whatever that one was called? closed down as well.

if ONLY they'd close down the magazines like say fucking Star where none of that shit in it, is fucking true at all. or even those look a guy found jesus body in a can of soup. or look a horse gave birth to a monkey. why can't those shitty magazines go out of business and NOT the good ones? i don't give a flying fuck about what this or that celeb is doing at all times!

does anyone? anyways i love the internet and i'm always on it. but when it comes to reading i prefer holding the magazine in my fucking hands, NOT have no digtial shit to read it. same with books, i don't give one iota of a shit about a kindle. downloading books is fucking retarded i want the fucking book in my hands where i can turn the actual pages in my hands. and hell if i want the smell of a new book i can smell the pages, kinda like those who love the smell of a new car. it's a great smell. it's NOT one of those things that turn me on or anything, but shit like that can't be replaced. and the same goes for cd's and movies as well i prefer owning the fucking medium than downloading it. yes i download movies all the time. but i do end up buying quite a bit of them at some point. an example would be i downloading all the original doctor who show.

but when i get a chance i'm still buying the serials on dvd of one of the serial. and i prefer owning and reading the booklet of say the latest "ICP" album even though i own an Ipod and i love my ipod. i also have a discman that i use as well. and i love using that too. why can't we have both?

it's a bit like the cell phone commericals who say oh look you can add this stupid fucking thing to your phone yet they never mention it's also a phone as in an episode of i think Radiodrome pointed out.

i don't own a cell phone and if i did, i'd used it for one thing to fucking call people on it. i don't really give a shit about texting. a cell phone is to call people on it, NOT to watch movies or play games on it. it's to call people yet

people forget all this. they look for oh look at all the gadgets. it wouldn't surprise me if someday they'd put out an app that gave you an option to fuck the phone or an app or something. they wouldn't air that on tv mind you.

my point is NOT everything has to be fucking digtal. or made into digital. we should have an option to choose which we want to use. and an option which one we'd like to of course own as well. it's fucking bullshit is what it is.

Wizard Magazine i think is an oline computer magazine now. and it' just NOT the same. i don't mind reading news online but to have it in magazine format is fucking stupid if ya ask me.
Back to top Go down
Frank Rizzo

Frank Rizzo

PostSubject: Re: R.I.P. Nintendo Power Magazine   R.I.P. Nintendo Power Magazine EmptySun Aug 26, 2012 1:44 am

Fuck me, you sure use the word "fuck" a lot.
Back to top Go down
wildhoney66

wildhoney66

PostSubject: Re: R.I.P. Nintendo Power Magazine   R.I.P. Nintendo Power Magazine EmptySun Aug 26, 2012 2:22 am

sorry it's just shit like this pisses me he he the fuck off, when you grow up reading certain magazines like say Nintendeo Power, for example and these people that put it out, just don't give a fuck about it anymore. ya know?

so it just pisses me off that's all. all the good magazines are being rid of yet we still have the shitty ones out there! i
don't understand this please explain to to me.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: R.I.P. Nintendo Power Magazine   R.I.P. Nintendo Power Magazine Empty

Back to top Go down

R.I.P. Nintendo Power Magazine
Page 1 of 1