The Cinema Snob
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pierre Kirby Approved.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

What Was The Last Movie You Watched?

Go down 
+81
Tabascofanatikerin
Razzly
Inquisitor
Skibz
Ninty64X
The_Stone_Guest
Toyland Chairman
ZappaDave
Alyxx
metateen
80'sDavid
aga
EvilSpirit
AstaKask
EccentricSnob
fubar_in_pittsburgh
perkele
kraufen
jasn0_X
Hybrid Pig-Boy
polygonalchemist
Subterfuge
Longinus
theGerman
Kayna
Weezy-LUiGi
The Man in Black
Eckertmania
Santa Dog II
ItsVince725
gunflyer
Ashxking
PanzerschreckLeopard
LeMunson
Randy Spears
Brakywaki
Tykittaa
Indiana Groans
DanteRespite
Rudiger
Jerky McSquirt
IAKO
UnholyMephistopheles
Salim
Captain Smack-Pigeon
Second Hand Store
Candyman
TheCinemaCynic
barrylikesbnbns
moonsknight
Vendaval FJ
O'Hara
Dyson sphere
unrealbe
gregmcduck
Angie Matera
obin_gam
KingLDub
UnknownKadath
MonkeyMan
Son Of Jack Deth
relauby
Bassbait
PCDOS
Frank Rizzo
ScrotumusMaximus
Mondo a Go-Go
tonythe chosen
Tommy Wiseau
Lady stardust
ermac
LeperMessiah117
Kaneda
A Cockatrice
Mother of Invention
JustinDP
The Original Greaser Bob
LucasChad
thegormer
Minuto
85 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 28 ... 41  Next
AuthorMessage
Frank Rizzo

Frank Rizzo

What Was The Last Movie You Watched? - Page 16 Empty
PostSubject: Re: What Was The Last Movie You Watched?   What Was The Last Movie You Watched? - Page 16 EmptySun May 22, 2011 5:15 am

Jeff Goldblum was awesome in the movie IMO.
Back to top Go down
UnknownKadath

UnknownKadath

Location : I live in my namesake, of course!.. Okay, in real life - Japan.

PostSubject: Re: What Was The Last Movie You Watched?   What Was The Last Movie You Watched? - Page 16 EmptySun May 22, 2011 9:23 am

Frank Rizzo wrote:
Jeff Goldblum was awesome in the movie IMO.

Yeah, he was - and I'm not much a fan of him either. Maybe it's because the role just suited him - a somewhat awkward and reclusive scientist? Yeah, that works for him; and then kind of showing how he learns to relate helped move the pace in a steady way. I have a love for body horror; it's a lot more disturbing when you see a human lose their humanity after you get to know them after awhile.

Also, just saw The Sorcerer's Apprentice. Because I was bored as fuck; I actually expected worse, but to me it was just bland as hell. It definitely was sad to see how down Nic Cage was in the role, he at least had SOME energy in "The Wicker Man" and I think that's universally considered one of his worst... Speaking of Nic Cage, I wonder if we'll ever get another episode of "The Lost Nic Cage.." I kind of liked that idea.
Back to top Go down
The Original Greaser Bob

The Original Greaser Bob

PostSubject: Re: What Was The Last Movie You Watched?   What Was The Last Movie You Watched? - Page 16 EmptySun May 22, 2011 1:00 pm

UnknownKadath wrote:
I wonder if we'll ever get another episode of "The Lost Nic Cage.." I kind of liked that idea.
I did decide that I needed to see Zandale after watching that episode.
Back to top Go down
Tommy Wiseau

Tommy Wiseau

PostSubject: Re: What Was The Last Movie You Watched?   What Was The Last Movie You Watched? - Page 16 EmptyMon May 23, 2011 2:20 am

A few days back, a local theatre was playing The Sound of Music, so I went to see that. It's one of my favourite childhood movies, and I still love it nowadays. Sure, the kids aren't the greatest actors, and the Captain doesn't have a very believable character arc, and the songs are sort of cheesy, but it's still a heart-warming, beautifully shot, well-directed movie.

Also, is it just me, or is Friedrich the creepiest man-child on film ever?
Back to top Go down
The Original Greaser Bob

The Original Greaser Bob

PostSubject: Re: What Was The Last Movie You Watched?   What Was The Last Movie You Watched? - Page 16 EmptyMon May 23, 2011 4:01 am

Creepier than this guy?

What Was The Last Movie You Watched? - Page 16 Michae10
Back to top Go down
Frank Rizzo

Frank Rizzo

PostSubject: Re: What Was The Last Movie You Watched?   What Was The Last Movie You Watched? - Page 16 EmptyMon May 23, 2011 4:53 am

The Dude wrote:
Creepier than this guy?

"mother, this cloth, it smells of death..."
Back to top Go down
Tommy Wiseau

Tommy Wiseau

PostSubject: Re: What Was The Last Movie You Watched?   What Was The Last Movie You Watched? - Page 16 EmptyMon May 23, 2011 4:59 am

Well, Friedrich doesn't exactly look creepy... but for a 14-year-old, his toddler-like antics get real weird...
Back to top Go down
The Original Greaser Bob

The Original Greaser Bob

PostSubject: Re: What Was The Last Movie You Watched?   What Was The Last Movie You Watched? - Page 16 EmptyMon May 23, 2011 6:05 am

Tommy Wiseau wrote:
Well, Friedrich doesn't exactly look creepy... but for a 14-year-old, his toddler-like antics get real weird...
Ah, so he's like the Warden's son from Riki-Oh.
Back to top Go down
Tommy Wiseau

Tommy Wiseau

PostSubject: Re: What Was The Last Movie You Watched?   What Was The Last Movie You Watched? - Page 16 EmptyMon May 23, 2011 8:16 am

Yes, except not self-aware.
Back to top Go down
The Original Greaser Bob

The Original Greaser Bob

PostSubject: Re: What Was The Last Movie You Watched?   What Was The Last Movie You Watched? - Page 16 EmptyMon May 23, 2011 9:05 am

Tommy Wiseau wrote:
Yes, except not self-aware.
But he's equally annoying, correct?
Back to top Go down
Tommy Wiseau

Tommy Wiseau

PostSubject: Re: What Was The Last Movie You Watched?   What Was The Last Movie You Watched? - Page 16 EmptyMon May 23, 2011 12:49 pm

Probably less annoying, if anything. Just subtle and unsettling.
Back to top Go down
UnknownKadath

UnknownKadath

PostSubject: Re: What Was The Last Movie You Watched?   What Was The Last Movie You Watched? - Page 16 EmptyMon May 23, 2011 8:23 pm

Finally finished off the Millenium movies with The Girl that Kicked the Hornets Nest and they were all fairly decent; I think #2 was the one that bugged me the least in some aspects though. I also just saw The Road Warrior for the first time; it wasn't half bad, I liked the fast pace - but I actually do think I was expecting a little more after years of hearing about it. Still pretty entertaining though; and I can definitely see where a lot of games (Especially "Fallout") got some of their art design from.
Back to top Go down
relauby

relauby

PostSubject: Re: What Was The Last Movie You Watched?   What Was The Last Movie You Watched? - Page 16 EmptyTue May 24, 2011 3:39 am

The animated Animal Farm from the '50s. I guess as a movie on it's own it wasn't terrible (although it did seem mostly kid-oriented except for a few obvious parts), but it was a pretty bad adaptation of the book.
Back to top Go down
The Original Greaser Bob

The Original Greaser Bob

PostSubject: Re: What Was The Last Movie You Watched?   What Was The Last Movie You Watched? - Page 16 EmptyTue May 24, 2011 4:12 am

relauby wrote:
The animated Animal Farm from the '50s. I guess as a movie on it's own it wasn't terrible (although it did seem mostly kid-oriented except for a few obvious parts), but it was a pretty bad adaptation of the book.

Well, it was better than the live-action one from '99, where they tried to update the book by chronicling the arms race the Soviet Union engaged in, as well as it's ultimate collapse.
Back to top Go down
relauby

relauby

PostSubject: Re: What Was The Last Movie You Watched?   What Was The Last Movie You Watched? - Page 16 EmptyWed May 25, 2011 12:16 am

The Dude wrote:
relauby wrote:

Well, it was better than the live-action one from '99, where they tried to update the book by chronicling the arms race the Soviet Union engaged in, as well as it's ultimate collapse.
Yeah, I've heard that one is pretty bad but I haven't gotten around to watching it yet. Still, just the fact that they tried to add more about what happened with the Soviet Union in, makes it seem more in the spirit of the book than the animated one. It still seems pretty bad from the bit I have seen though.
Back to top Go down
The Original Greaser Bob

The Original Greaser Bob

PostSubject: Re: What Was The Last Movie You Watched?   What Was The Last Movie You Watched? - Page 16 EmptyWed May 25, 2011 12:22 am

relauby wrote:
The Dude wrote:
relauby wrote:

Yeah, I've heard that one is pretty bad but I haven't gotten around to watching it yet. Still, just the fact that they tried to add more about what happened with the Soviet Union in, makes it seem more in the spirit of the book than the animated one. It still seems pretty bad from the bit I have seen though.
To tell you the truth, I liked the cartoon version. It presents the story stripped of many of it's elements, sure, but one really can't hope for a perfectly faithful adaptation out of a cartoon.
Back to top Go down
Mondo a Go-Go

Mondo a Go-Go

PostSubject: Re: What Was The Last Movie You Watched?   What Was The Last Movie You Watched? - Page 16 EmptyWed May 25, 2011 1:52 am

The Dude wrote:
Creepier than this guy?

You know, for a second there I thought, "Roberto Begnini!"
The Dude wrote:
relauby wrote:
The Dude wrote:
relauby wrote:

To tell you the truth, I liked the cartoon version. It presents the story stripped of many of it's elements, sure, but one really can't hope for a perfectly faithful adaptation out of a cartoon.
I've always loved that the 99 movie was marketed as a Babe cash-in. It's like it should be an SNL sketch.

Back to top Go down
The Original Greaser Bob

The Original Greaser Bob

PostSubject: Re: What Was The Last Movie You Watched?   What Was The Last Movie You Watched? - Page 16 EmptyWed May 25, 2011 9:27 am

Mondo a Go-Go wrote:
The Dude wrote:
Creepier than this guy?

You know, for a second there I thought, "Roberto Begnini!"
The Dude wrote:
relauby wrote:
The Dude wrote:
relauby wrote:

I've always loved that the 99 movie was marketed as a Babe cash-in. It's like it should be an SNL sketch.

So you say it suffers from a problem similar to the main problem with Heil Honey I'm Home: it runs about 86 minuets too long.
Back to top Go down
Tommy Wiseau

Tommy Wiseau

PostSubject: Re: What Was The Last Movie You Watched?   What Was The Last Movie You Watched? - Page 16 EmptyWed May 25, 2011 9:43 am

Missing. Was a damn great movie. Really intriguing, frighteningly realistic, and with great performances by Jack Lemmon and Sissy Spacek. One of the best political dramas I've seen in a while.

American Psycho for the fourth time. I don't know what it is about this movie - I don't love it, but I keep feeling like I should watch it every few months. If anything, it's probably because the humour in it is mildly amusing when played onscreen, yet hilarious in retrospect. Nevertheless, I still enjoy it, and Christian Bale is great in it.
Back to top Go down
The Original Greaser Bob

The Original Greaser Bob

PostSubject: Re: What Was The Last Movie You Watched?   What Was The Last Movie You Watched? - Page 16 EmptyWed May 25, 2011 11:53 pm

The Usual Suspects.

Damn fine movie, though I saw the twist coming about half-way through the movie.
Back to top Go down
relauby

relauby

PostSubject: Re: What Was The Last Movie You Watched?   What Was The Last Movie You Watched? - Page 16 EmptyThu May 26, 2011 1:54 am

The Dude wrote:
relauby wrote:
The Dude wrote:
relauby wrote:

Oh yeah, I don't hate the cartoon one either, but I was just a little disappointed that it wasn't like the book.
Back to top Go down
UnknownKadath

UnknownKadath

PostSubject: Re: What Was The Last Movie You Watched?   What Was The Last Movie You Watched? - Page 16 EmptyFri May 27, 2011 7:36 am

"Kakashi." I saw it mainly due to my love of Junji Ito as it is based on one of his comics. It was... okay. It was a bit slow and dull, but it at least had a very dreamlike quality and it was very well made from the directing/acting/cinematography. It wasn't what I'd really expect from an Ito story, as it's horror elements were minimal and the attempts to make it a horror at times were dead on arrival. I haven't read the comic it was based on, so I can't really compare it. Still better than any of the Tomie films though.
Back to top Go down
The Original Greaser Bob

The Original Greaser Bob

PostSubject: Re: What Was The Last Movie You Watched?   What Was The Last Movie You Watched? - Page 16 EmptyFri May 27, 2011 9:43 am

I watched Hotel Rwanda today. Life sucks.
Back to top Go down
Second Hand Store

Second Hand Store

PostSubject: Re: What Was The Last Movie You Watched?   What Was The Last Movie You Watched? - Page 16 EmptyFri May 27, 2011 1:51 pm

The Dude wrote:

Holy shit that was fucking hilarious.
Back to top Go down
The Original Greaser Bob

The Original Greaser Bob

PostSubject: Re: What Was The Last Movie You Watched?   What Was The Last Movie You Watched? - Page 16 EmptySat May 28, 2011 1:29 am

SumatranRatMonkey wrote:
The Dude wrote:

Holy shit that was fucking hilarious.
...I hope you're referring to my remark and not the Genocide-film...cause that'd be pretty terrible.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What Was The Last Movie You Watched?   What Was The Last Movie You Watched? - Page 16 Empty

Back to top Go down

What Was The Last Movie You Watched?
Page 16 of 41Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 28 ... 41  Next