The Cinema Snob
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pierre Kirby Approved.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

What Was The Last Movie You Watched?

Go down 
+81
Tabascofanatikerin
Razzly
Inquisitor
Skibz
Ninty64X
The_Stone_Guest
Toyland Chairman
ZappaDave
Alyxx
metateen
80'sDavid
aga
EvilSpirit
AstaKask
EccentricSnob
fubar_in_pittsburgh
perkele
kraufen
jasn0_X
Hybrid Pig-Boy
polygonalchemist
Subterfuge
Longinus
theGerman
Kayna
Weezy-LUiGi
The Man in Black
Eckertmania
Santa Dog II
ItsVince725
gunflyer
Ashxking
PanzerschreckLeopard
LeMunson
Randy Spears
Brakywaki
Tykittaa
Indiana Groans
DanteRespite
Rudiger
Jerky McSquirt
IAKO
UnholyMephistopheles
Salim
Captain Smack-Pigeon
Second Hand Store
Candyman
TheCinemaCynic
barrylikesbnbns
moonsknight
Vendaval FJ
O'Hara
Dyson sphere
unrealbe
gregmcduck
Angie Matera
obin_gam
KingLDub
UnknownKadath
MonkeyMan
Son Of Jack Deth
relauby
Bassbait
PCDOS
Frank Rizzo
ScrotumusMaximus
Mondo a Go-Go
tonythe chosen
Tommy Wiseau
Lady stardust
ermac
LeperMessiah117
Kaneda
A Cockatrice
Mother of Invention
JustinDP
The Original Greaser Bob
LucasChad
thegormer
Minuto
85 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 26 ... 41  Next
AuthorMessage
relauby

relauby

What Was The Last Movie You Watched? - Page 12 Empty
PostSubject: Re: What Was The Last Movie You Watched?   What Was The Last Movie You Watched? - Page 12 EmptySat Apr 23, 2011 11:00 pm

Director's Cut of Army of Darkness. There were things I liked about it more than the theatrical one, but I still prefer the theatrical cut.
Back to top Go down
Frank Rizzo

Frank Rizzo

PostSubject: Re: What Was The Last Movie You Watched?   What Was The Last Movie You Watched? - Page 12 EmptySat Apr 23, 2011 11:32 pm

relauby wrote:
Director's Cut of Army of Darkness. There were things I liked about it more than the theatrical one, but I still prefer the theatrical cut.

I second this.
Back to top Go down
UnknownKadath

UnknownKadath

Location : I live in my namesake, of course!.. Okay, in real life - Japan.

PostSubject: Re: What Was The Last Movie You Watched?   What Was The Last Movie You Watched? - Page 12 EmptySun Apr 24, 2011 12:37 am

Frank Rizzo wrote:
relauby wrote:

I second this.

I actually wouldn't know the difference, wasn't around to see it in theatres (Well, I was - but I was 2.) and I barely remember the copy I watched when I was a kid and the DVD copy we own is a Director's Cut copy. What is/are the difference(s) out of curiosity?
Back to top Go down
relauby

relauby

PostSubject: Re: What Was The Last Movie You Watched?   What Was The Last Movie You Watched? - Page 12 EmptySun Apr 24, 2011 5:07 am

UnknownKadath wrote:
Frank Rizzo wrote:
relauby wrote:

I second this.

I actually wouldn't know the difference, wasn't around to see it in theatres (Well, I was - but I was 2.) and I barely remember the copy I watched when I was a kid and the DVD copy we own is a Director's Cut copy. What is/are the difference(s) out of curiosity?
It's 15-minutes shorter, but the changes are mostly minor except for the ending. In the theatrical cut, Ash spends less time fighting the mini-Ashs and the end fight at the castle is a nice bit shorter, mostly dialogue bits taken out. Also, right before Ash shoots Evil Ash the line "I ain't that good" is changed to "Good, Bad, I'm the guy with the gun". The only major difference is the ending, where instead of walking up in a post apocalyptic world, Ash does everything right and the movie ends with a very cheesy scene where a Deadite attacks the S-Mart he works at.

Just writing about it makes me want to watch it again.
Back to top Go down
Captain Smack-Pigeon

PostSubject: Re: What Was The Last Movie You Watched?   What Was The Last Movie You Watched? - Page 12 EmptySun Apr 24, 2011 7:31 am

Just got done watching Highlander. Was trying to get my friends to hang out and watch it with me, but several weeks went by and I just went 'screw it' and popped it in. Not bad, I can see why it gets acclaim.
Back to top Go down
Son Of Jack Deth

Son Of Jack Deth

PostSubject: Re: What Was The Last Movie You Watched?   What Was The Last Movie You Watched? - Page 12 EmptySun Apr 24, 2011 8:47 am

Captain Smack-Pigeon wrote:
Just got done watching Highlander. Was trying to get my friends to hang out and watch it with me, but several weeks went by and I just went 'screw it' and popped it in. Not bad, I can see why it gets acclaim.

That film will always be in my top ten fantasy films of all time. I am so glad I ordered my Blu-Ray of it from Europe as it has lots of extras the American release didn't have.

Well worth it for the die-hard fans out there.
Back to top Go down
Dyson sphere

Dyson sphere

PostSubject: Re: What Was The Last Movie You Watched?   What Was The Last Movie You Watched? - Page 12 EmptySun Apr 24, 2011 10:44 pm

Flodder & Flodder in Amerika. Next up will be Flodder 3.
Back to top Go down
The Original Greaser Bob

The Original Greaser Bob

PostSubject: Re: What Was The Last Movie You Watched?   What Was The Last Movie You Watched? - Page 12 EmptyMon Apr 25, 2011 2:35 am

relauby wrote:
The only major difference is the ending, where instead of walking up in a post apocalyptic world, Ash does everything right and the movie ends with a very cheesy scene where a Deadite attacks the S-Mart he works at.

I thought that's how the Theatrical version ended.
Back to top Go down
relauby

relauby

PostSubject: Re: What Was The Last Movie You Watched?   What Was The Last Movie You Watched? - Page 12 EmptyMon Apr 25, 2011 2:42 am

The Dude wrote:
relauby wrote:
The only major difference is the ending, where instead of walking up in a post apocalyptic world, Ash does everything right and the movie ends with a very cheesy scene where a Deadite attacks the S-Mart he works at.

I thought that's how the Theatrical version ended.

It is; I guess I worded it kind of oddly. Since he said he only saw the Director's Cut, I was describing how things went in the theatrical cut.
Back to top Go down
UnknownKadath

UnknownKadath

PostSubject: Re: What Was The Last Movie You Watched?   What Was The Last Movie You Watched? - Page 12 EmptyMon Apr 25, 2011 5:42 am

relauby wrote:
UnknownKadath wrote:
Frank Rizzo wrote:
relauby wrote:

I second this.

It's 15-minutes shorter, but the changes are mostly minor except for the ending. In the theatrical cut, Ash spends less time fighting the mini-Ashs and the end fight at the castle is a nice bit shorter, mostly dialogue bits taken out. Also, right before Ash shoots Evil Ash the line "I ain't that good" is changed to "Good, Bad, I'm the guy with the gun". The only major difference is the ending, where instead of walking up in a post apocalyptic world, Ash does everything right and the movie ends with a very cheesy scene where a Deadite attacks the S-Mart he works at.

Ahh. I do remember the original ending, actually; maybe because it's a fairly popular clip or my memory is being a bit more generous. "Swallow this!" right? I actually thought it was a scene edited out or something, but not from the ending.

Back to top Go down
Son Of Jack Deth

Son Of Jack Deth

PostSubject: Re: What Was The Last Movie You Watched?   What Was The Last Movie You Watched? - Page 12 EmptyMon Apr 25, 2011 5:45 am

I think I prefer the apocalyptic ending better. But I did get to see it before the movie was released in theaters, so I saw the S-Mart ending second.
Back to top Go down
relauby

relauby

PostSubject: Re: What Was The Last Movie You Watched?   What Was The Last Movie You Watched? - Page 12 EmptyMon Apr 25, 2011 10:35 am

Son Of Jack Deth wrote:
I think I prefer the apocalyptic ending better. But I did get to see it before the movie was released in theaters, so I saw the S-Mart ending second.

I always liked the happy ending better because it just kind of fit better. After how goofy Army of Darkness was it felt out of place to have a depressing ending like that. You just watched Bruce Campbell be badass for an hour and a half, you wanna see it end with him being more badass than ever, not fuck everything up and get himself stuck in an apocalyptic future. Besides the S-Mart is where some of the best quotes from; I was skimming Bruce Campbell's AskMeAnything on Reddit and Hail to the King Baby came up a lot.

What is it about the apocalyptic ending that you like more?
Back to top Go down
Son Of Jack Deth

Son Of Jack Deth

PostSubject: Re: What Was The Last Movie You Watched?   What Was The Last Movie You Watched? - Page 12 EmptyMon Apr 25, 2011 11:06 am

relauby wrote:
Son Of Jack Deth wrote:

I always liked the happy ending better because it just kind of fit better. After how goofy Army of Darkness was it felt out of place to have a depressing ending like that. You just watched Bruce Campbell be badass for an hour and a half, you wanna see it end with him being more badass than ever, not fuck everything up and get himself stuck in an apocalyptic future. Besides the S-Mart is where some of the best quotes from; I was skimming Bruce Campbell's AskMeAnything on Reddit and Hail to the King Baby came up a lot.

What is it about the apocalyptic ending that you like more?

The answer is quite simple actually:

!. It fits better with the trilogy. None of the Evil Dead movies have a "happy ending" because...
2. Each film ends with a feeling that the story is not over.

Just think how cool an Evil Dead 4 set in the same world as Mad Max would be. Oh man, just thinking about it gives me goose bumps.

Plus, the Ash of Army Of Darkness was not a nice guy. So did he really deserve a happy ending?
Back to top Go down
A Cockatrice

A Cockatrice

PostSubject: Re: What Was The Last Movie You Watched?   What Was The Last Movie You Watched? - Page 12 EmptyMon Apr 25, 2011 11:51 am

Son Of Jack Deth wrote:

Just think how cool an Evil Dead 4 set in the same world as Mad Max would be. Oh man, just thinking about it gives me goose bumps.

If there was going to be a 4th film, the apocalyptic ending would have been great. Too bad the chances of that happening are practically none. In my opinion however, the S-mart ending is better for how much more memorable it is.
Back to top Go down
relauby

relauby

PostSubject: Re: What Was The Last Movie You Watched?   What Was The Last Movie You Watched? - Page 12 EmptyMon Apr 25, 2011 7:42 pm

Son Of Jack Deth wrote:

!. It fits better with the trilogy. None of the Evil Dead movies have a "happy ending" because...

Plus, the Ash of Army Of Darkness was not a nice guy. So did he really deserve a happy ending?

I agree that if they made a fourth one, I'd prefer the apocalyptic ending, but seeing as those chances are slim, I like the S-Mart ending for a finale. Also, even if none of the other ones had happy endings, they took themselves a lot more seriously than Army of Darkness. And I think Ash redeemed himself a bit when he helped defend the castle from the Deadites.
Back to top Go down
Son Of Jack Deth

Son Of Jack Deth

PostSubject: Re: What Was The Last Movie You Watched?   What Was The Last Movie You Watched? - Page 12 EmptyMon Apr 25, 2011 8:28 pm

relauby wrote:
Son Of Jack Deth wrote:

I agree that if they made a fourth one, I'd prefer the apocalyptic ending, but seeing as those chances are slim, I like the S-Mart ending for a finale. Also, even if none of the other ones had happy endings, they took themselves a lot more seriously than Army of Darkness. And I think Ash redeemed himself a bit when he helped defend the castle from the Deadites.

Hey, it's cool with me if you guys like that ending. I never have and just never will. It always felt a bit rushed and tacked on for my tastes.
Back to top Go down
relauby

relauby

PostSubject: Re: What Was The Last Movie You Watched?   What Was The Last Movie You Watched? - Page 12 EmptyMon Apr 25, 2011 10:30 pm

Son Of Jack Deth wrote:
relauby wrote:
Son Of Jack Deth wrote:

Hey, it's cool with me if you guys like that ending. I never have and just never will. It always felt a bit rushed and tacked on for my tastes.

Yeah, that's cool. I can see where you're coming from with that.
Back to top Go down
Mondo a Go-Go

Mondo a Go-Go

PostSubject: Re: What Was The Last Movie You Watched?   What Was The Last Movie You Watched? - Page 12 EmptyTue Apr 26, 2011 12:38 am

A Cockatrice wrote:
Son Of Jack Deth wrote:

If there was going to be a 4th film, the apocalyptic ending would have been great. Too bad the chances of that happening are practically none. In my opinion however, the S-mart ending is better for how much more memorable it is.
It's not practically none. Bruce Campbell said that Sam Raimi was working on a script, "like Spartacus with robots." Shocked

In all honesty, though, I like the S-Mart ending. It has the Evil Dead feel, unlike the apocalypse ending, which feels too sci-fi (unless, of course, it's a deadite apocalypse, which would be amazing).
Back to top Go down
The Original Greaser Bob

The Original Greaser Bob

PostSubject: Re: What Was The Last Movie You Watched?   What Was The Last Movie You Watched? - Page 12 EmptyTue Apr 26, 2011 12:53 am

Mondo a Go-Go wrote:
It's not practically none. Bruce Campbell said that Sam Raimi was working on a script, "like Spartacus with robots." Shocked
Now if Don Coscarelli could just get Phantasm V put together while Campbell is still in the mood to do another B-Movie...

Last movie watched: Return of the Living Dead
Back to top Go down
UnknownKadath

UnknownKadath

PostSubject: Re: What Was The Last Movie You Watched?   What Was The Last Movie You Watched? - Page 12 EmptyTue Apr 26, 2011 9:19 pm

The Dude wrote:
Mondo a Go-Go wrote:
Now if Don Coscarelli could just get Phantasm V put together while Campbell is still in the mood to do another B-Movie...

The IMDb actually does mention an Evil Dead IV in production for 2013. I was actually going there to see if they were still planning the remake so I could whine... but this, this is a good thing. http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1288558/

I just watched Raising Arizona. Now I just need to see Fargo and I'll be up to date with the Coen Bros.
Back to top Go down
A Cockatrice

A Cockatrice

PostSubject: Re: What Was The Last Movie You Watched?   What Was The Last Movie You Watched? - Page 12 EmptyTue Apr 26, 2011 10:49 pm

UnknownKadath wrote:
Now I just need to see Fargo and I'll be up to date with the Coen Bros.

As a Minnesotan I have to hate that movie.
Back to top Go down
The Original Greaser Bob

The Original Greaser Bob

PostSubject: Re: What Was The Last Movie You Watched?   What Was The Last Movie You Watched? - Page 12 EmptyWed Apr 27, 2011 1:43 am

UnknownKadath wrote:
The Dude wrote:
Mondo a Go-Go wrote:

The IMDb actually does mention an Evil Dead IV in production for 2013. I was actually going there to see if they were still planning the remake so I could whine... but this, this is a good thing. http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1288558/
Damn you IMDB pro you sullen swine.
Back to top Go down
UnknownKadath

UnknownKadath

PostSubject: Re: What Was The Last Movie You Watched?   What Was The Last Movie You Watched? - Page 12 EmptyWed Apr 27, 2011 2:13 am

The Dude wrote:
UnknownKadath wrote:
The Dude wrote:
Mondo a Go-Go wrote:

I hear you. Still, the fact its titled "Evil Dead IV" now is better than it originally linking to "Evil Dead" (Original film by Sam Raimi) and trending it up as a remake.
Back to top Go down
The Original Greaser Bob

The Original Greaser Bob

PostSubject: Re: What Was The Last Movie You Watched?   What Was The Last Movie You Watched? - Page 12 EmptyWed Apr 27, 2011 9:43 am

UnknownKadath wrote:
The Dude wrote:
UnknownKadath wrote:
The Dude wrote:
Mondo a Go-Go wrote:

I hear you. Still, the fact its titled "Evil Dead IV" now is better than it originally linking to "Evil Dead" (Original film by Sam Raimi) and trending it up as a remake.
I follow you; an Evil Dead remake without Bruce Campbell...I don't think I could bring myself to see that. I just want some details, without having to pay for them.
Back to top Go down
UnknownKadath

UnknownKadath

PostSubject: Re: What Was The Last Movie You Watched?   What Was The Last Movie You Watched? - Page 12 EmptyWed Apr 27, 2011 12:34 pm

The Dude wrote:
UnknownKadath wrote:
The Dude wrote:
UnknownKadath wrote:
The Dude wrote:
Mondo a Go-Go wrote:

I follow you; an Evil Dead remake without Bruce Campbell...I don't think I could bring myself to see that. I just want some details, without having to pay for them.

Yeah :\ Hopefully another site will pick up some details soon. With the exception of the surprisingly fun Evil Dead musical (Seriously - it was enjoyable. Our little Rocky Horror theatre troupe even put on a performance once, the guy we had play Ash did a fucking awesome job. I played a Deadite :3 That did mean getting my head bashed up a bit though 3:) I don't think it is possible to have anything named "Evil Dead" without Campbell or even Raimi really. I know a few fans who say they can just live with Campbell, and that's a "maybe" for me - but I still think Raimi is a key component too, it's not one of those series that really feels like it can be handled by anyone but the rightful father.

Also - I just watched Doom because I was bored as fuck and figured it'd just be a dumb action movie. I am actually surprised that it pissed me off. I expected to suck raw sewage, but I didn't think it'd be one of those ones that insults you. Maybe it's just that Genetics is my favourite science. I was actually fairly lenient on some of the dumb science, like the scene where Reaper sticks his head out a window and takes a breath of that fresh, mars air that they specified wasn't terraformed. Yet when they brought up the idea that somehow we took another thousand fucking years to map the human genome when... I dunno, it was fully mapped in the fucking late 90s I got mad. Then when they suggested that a hidden 23rd chromosome that can tell whether we were good or bad and turn us into Superman or the creature from the black lagoon, I about flipped my shit. What, is the 23rd Chromosome handled by Santa Claus? Does he keep our permanent record on it?!? GRAHHHHH. The only thing I kind of liked about the flick is the bit in the first person sequence when they have the Pinky-Demon show up and they give a nod to the fact its weakness in the game was the chainsaw. I don't care if it's technically not a demon in the movie or that it's bionic legs were replaced with wheels, it was cool seeing the Doom 3 design make it into the flick, I actually thought the Pinkydemon's design from Doom 3 was fucking awesome and was my favourite monster from Doom 3.

This may sound mad seeing how simple the game was, but I actually think that "Doom" could work as a fun action movie. I even held that hope when they first announced the Doom flick, but when I heard they were to have no hell and saw the previews I kind of gave up. Doom would never work as any form of masterful film, but this is really all you need to do for a Doom movie:

First, atmosphere. Don't throw in jump scares, just have a bit of pacing; have maybe a 20 minute build to give us a first glimpse at the teleportation technology and do what Doom 3 did by showing us how the Mars colony is all freaked out by weird shit going down, and give us our first little scrap that things aren't what they seem. Then we naturally open the hell-gate, but while fans will expect it maybe for newcomers, we should still have the suspense and don't reveal that it's hell yet. Let it build up, using more and more demented imagery and demonic creatures. Then once we see the dark underbelly of the facility, throw up the stakes: Hell is using Human technology and is creating an army of technologically advanced demons and are going to then conquer Earth. Thrust our hero into the dark underbelly and make it stylish, we want a genuinely cruel and twisted - yet creative vision of hell. Make sure the action is good, and suspenseful too. In fact - this will sound just as mad as saying that "Doom" could make a decent movie in the first place, but in some ways I actually would like to see it focus more on survival than starting the sole or main hero be a gruff space marine, the concept of a station being overrun by hellspawn might be more tense and even scary if we focus on the survival of a group of scientists or civilians, etc.

Sure - I'd still want to see the marine, but he should either come in later or should start off with as little resources as the scientists or whomever it is we're focusing on, and there should be a struggle for him trying to get the tools needed to step it up - in fact, that would be faithful to the game; in the original Doom manual they mentioned he was demoted to a scout and that's why he was stuck with nothing but a bloody pistol wandering outside while they waited for the other marines to clear out the facility when hell broke loose. Having them try to find the tools could be a key part of progression before they can try to stop the invasion, and it would make the marine character seem more mortal since he has to rely on wits before he can rely on a shotgun as well as helping the other survivors. I hear they're going to attempt to reboot Doom... universal, if you are reading this - consider what I've said, dammit!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What Was The Last Movie You Watched?   What Was The Last Movie You Watched? - Page 12 Empty

Back to top Go down

What Was The Last Movie You Watched?
Page 12 of 41Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 26 ... 41  Next