The Cinema Snob
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pierre Kirby Approved.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Public Domain Films.

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
OrlandoEastwood

OrlandoEastwood

Public Domain Films. Empty
PostSubject: Public Domain Films.   Public Domain Films. EmptySat Feb 25, 2012 9:43 am

Let's talk about some Public Domain films. I've been downloading the old school, crappy 4:3 cropped AIP dubs of the Gamera films and downloading various other films from the Internet Archive. Anybody else hit up the Archive and download stuff?
Back to top Go down
http://www.orlandoeastwoodfilms.tk
Mondo a Go-Go

Mondo a Go-Go

PostSubject: Re: Public Domain Films.   Public Domain Films. EmptyWed Mar 07, 2012 4:47 am

I don't download full movies from the Internet Archive too much, but I do have the 100 movie PD sets that Mill Creek puts out. For most of them, it's my preferred way to watch the movies. There's just something about the grimy, millionth-generation transfers that gives that nice, sleazy feel.
Back to top Go down
The Original Greaser Bob

The Original Greaser Bob

PostSubject: Re: Public Domain Films.   Public Domain Films. EmptyWed Mar 07, 2012 11:13 am

For Public Domain films, I'm usually content just to by the $1 DVD's out of the Last Chance bin at Wal-Mart. For the price, I'd actually rather just drop a buck than devote the Hard drive space.
Back to top Go down
OrlandoEastwood

OrlandoEastwood

PostSubject: Re: Public Domain Films.   Public Domain Films. EmptyWed Mar 07, 2012 1:24 pm

Mondo a Go-Go wrote:
I don't download full movies from the Internet Archive too much, but I do have the 100 movie PD sets that Mill Creek puts out. For most of them, it's my preferred way to watch the movies. There's just something about the grimy, millionth-generation transfers that gives that nice, sleazy feel.

The Dude wrote:
For Public Domain films, I'm usually content just to by the $1 DVD's out of the Last Chance bin at Wal-Mart. For the price, I'd actually rather just drop a buck than devote the Hard drive space.

Yeah, usually the copies on the Internet Archive are compressed down versions of what those DVDs are sourced from. I'm working on a series that I am going to be doing DVD-R and digital downloads for and working on Public Domain films.

And I'm planning a Blu-ray of Nosferatu and I actually own a film print for it. I got back before Christmas off of a seller who I was trying to get Night of the Living Dead and House on Haunted Hill off of him but someone offered him a better deal and I lost the chance to own them. And I saw he had Nosferatu and I threw in an offer and gave him a better deal than the original guy who was trying to get it.
Back to top Go down
http://www.orlandoeastwoodfilms.tk
OriginalHorndog

OriginalHorndog

PostSubject: Re: Public Domain Films.   Public Domain Films. EmptyFri Mar 30, 2012 8:24 pm

Been meaning to buy the latest Romero-authorized Night of the Living Dead special edition. Also, I have to comment, Joe Dante recently put out a widescreen edition of The Little Shop of Horrors, but only as a special feature on one of his Trailers from Hell DVDs. I don't know about spending money on that one. I'm wondering when someone is going to decide that it's worth spending money on to film some interviews with Corman and the surviving cast members, collect together all the promotional trailers & posters, and put together a special edition of The Little Shop of Horrors.

I've also been meaning to get that Ed Wood box set.

Y'know, for the most part, I've stopped buying public domain DVDs, because even a good edition of a public domain movie is difficult to get rid of if I'm strapped for cash. I'm actively trying to solely spend money on stuff I can resale later if I need to. I definitely undersold my DVD collection last time around.
Back to top Go down
http://horndogs1.blogspot.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Public Domain Films.   Public Domain Films. Empty

Back to top Go down

Public Domain Films.
Page 1 of 1