The Cinema Snob
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pierre Kirby Approved.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Where are they now?

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Frank Rizzo

Frank Rizzo

Where are they now? Empty
PostSubject: Where are they now?   Where are they now? EmptyTue Jun 25, 2013 9:44 am

So, I've been wondering what happened to some of our early day posters who just kinda dropped off the planet

guys like The Dude, or Tommy Wiseau, Unknown Kadath, Yakityyakblah, etc.

Did any of them ever say why they were stopping posting here, anyone know of their whereabouts away from the forum?
Back to top Go down
Razzly

Razzly

PostSubject: Re: Where are they now?   Where are they now? EmptyTue Jun 25, 2013 12:29 pm

What happens in vegas stays in vegas?
Back to top Go down
kraufen

PostSubject: Re: Where are they now?   Where are they now? EmptyTue Jun 25, 2013 5:41 pm

There's ussually a way to email people through these free forum sites, you might be able to ask them yourself.
Back to top Go down
Otaku4Life

Otaku4Life

PostSubject: Re: Where are they now?   Where are they now? EmptyTue Jun 25, 2013 8:48 pm

Here are some actors who only stared in movies once and never returned.
The actor who played Charlie in "Willie Wonka & the Chocolate Factory" went on to become an animal vet.
And the girl from " The Crow" never acted in another film due to the on-set death of Brandon Lee.
Back to top Go down
Frank Rizzo

Frank Rizzo

PostSubject: Re: Where are they now?   Where are they now? EmptyTue Jun 25, 2013 8:57 pm

Apparently, the kid who played Charlie also didn't like dealing with the two girls who played Violet and Veruca. According to imdb, the two both had a crush on him and would basically hound him everywhere he went on set when they weren't filming.
Back to top Go down
Otaku4Life

Otaku4Life

PostSubject: Re: Where are they now?   Where are they now? EmptyFri Jun 28, 2013 2:37 am

I mentioned on "The Groove Tube" section of the forum that Erin Moran of "Happy Days" is homeless.
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/09/29/erin-moran-homeless-trailer-park-happy-days-_n_1925130.html
Back to top Go down
Frank Rizzo

Frank Rizzo

PostSubject: Re: Where are they now?   Where are they now? EmptyFri Jun 28, 2013 2:38 am

It's kinda funny how this went from being about members of *this* forum who are gone....to the girl on Happy Days being homeless...
Back to top Go down
kraufen

PostSubject: Re: Where are they now?   Where are they now? EmptyFri Jul 05, 2013 9:19 pm

I'm pretty sure I just found the dude on another website, just messaged him, to see if he would just check in.
Back to top Go down
Frank Rizzo

Frank Rizzo

PostSubject: Re: Where are they now?   Where are they now? EmptyFri Jul 05, 2013 11:43 pm

Where was he, if you don't mind me asking?
Back to top Go down
kraufen

PostSubject: Re: Where are they now?   Where are they now? EmptySat Jul 06, 2013 1:11 am

Cult and horror private torrent site.
Actually if anybody would want invites, I got some : D
Back to top Go down
Frank Rizzo

Frank Rizzo

PostSubject: Re: Where are they now?   Where are they now? EmptySat Jul 06, 2013 2:13 am

Don't tell me....Cinemageddon? Cool 
Back to top Go down
kraufen

PostSubject: Re: Where are they now?   Where are they now? EmptySat Jul 06, 2013 2:26 am

Frank Rizzo wrote:
Don't tell me....Cinemageddon? Cool 
Yup Very Happy
I assume most of you are on there already
Back to top Go down
Frank Rizzo

Frank Rizzo

PostSubject: Re: Where are they now?   Where are they now? EmptySat Jul 06, 2013 2:28 am

LOL

no dude, it's just.....wow....it's a loooooong story and an inside joke on this forum....
Back to top Go down
kraufen

PostSubject: Re: Where are they now?   Where are they now? EmptySat Jul 06, 2013 2:29 am

Frank Rizzo wrote:
LOL

no dude, it's just.....wow....it's a loooooong story and an inside joke on this forum....
Ah, well I guess it would be interesting to hear but if its long, then you probably don't wanna say it.
Back to top Go down
Frank Rizzo

Frank Rizzo

PostSubject: Re: Where are they now?   Where are they now? EmptySat Jul 06, 2013 2:33 am

Reader's Digest version:

Around 6-7 months ago, people would pop up from time to time, mostly from Portugal for some reason, and post exactly once. Their one post would always be "ERMAGERD, CINEMAGEDDON INVITES PLEAS?!?" then.....nothing.

It became a running gag for awhile that people would just pop up and ask for a Cinemageddon invite and never post another thing, like, what, you don't care for the Snob? You just want Cinemageddon invites?
Back to top Go down
kraufen

PostSubject: Re: Where are they now?   Where are they now? EmptySat Jul 06, 2013 2:39 am

Frank Rizzo wrote:
Reader's Digest version:

Around 6-7 months ago, people would pop up from time to time, mostly from Portugal for some reason, and post exactly once. Their one post would always be "ERMAGERD, CINEMAGEDDON INVITES PLEAS?!?" then.....nothing.

It became a running gag for awhile that people would just pop up and ask for a Cinemageddon invite and never post another thing, like, what, you don't care for the Snob? You just want Cinemageddon invites?
That's actually kind of weird. I mean I understand that the snobs video's ussually pertain to movies you would find on the website, but its kind of weird to assume that people here will give you invites.
Anyways thanks for sharing.

but yeah he's on there, or at least if its not him, its somebody with an extremely similar username and avatar combination
Back to top Go down
Frank Rizzo

Frank Rizzo

PostSubject: Re: Where are they now?   Where are they now? EmptySat Jul 06, 2013 2:42 am

It was really more the fact these people all just happened to come from Portugal that was funny rather then the asking for Cinemageddon invites thing.
Back to top Go down
kraufen

PostSubject: Re: Where are they now?   Where are they now? EmptySat Jul 06, 2013 2:43 am

Yeah, that is also pretty funny.
I don't even know what to do with my invites, its like nobody wants them
Back to top Go down
Frank Rizzo

Frank Rizzo

PostSubject: Re: Where are they now?   Where are they now? EmptySat Jul 06, 2013 2:45 am

erm.....go to Portugal and try and sell them?
Back to top Go down
The Original Greaser Bob

The Original Greaser Bob

PostSubject: Re: Where are they now?   Where are they now? EmptySun Jul 07, 2013 1:44 pm

No one's quite sure what happened to old Duder. Some say he died. Others say he moved to Georgia and became a peanut farmer...

With forums like these I kind of have a habit of just dropping off the map for months or years at a time. Usually when things in real-life start picking up and getting busy. I used to drop in once in a while just to see what all was going on here. I know UnknownKadeth would come by and leave a few posts once in a blue moon, too.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Where are they now?   Where are they now? Empty

Back to top Go down

Where are they now?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Cinema Snob :: Other Stuff :: General Discussion-
Jump to: