The Cinema Snob
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pierre Kirby Approved.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Your Thoughts On Edward Snowden

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Otaku4Life

Otaku4Life

Your Thoughts On Edward Snowden Empty
PostSubject: Your Thoughts On Edward Snowden   Your Thoughts On Edward Snowden EmptyThu Jun 20, 2013 12:50 pm

I'm not much into politics.
But for the past few weeks, there has been talk about Edward Snowden, the NSA whisleblower.
He spoke out about government surveillance while hiding in Hong Kong.
Some call him a hero & some call him a traitor.
He's even been called a 21st century version of Deep Throat (who exposed the Watergate scandal). 
What are your thoughts about him?
Back to top Go down
ChaosTheory

ChaosTheory

PostSubject: Re: Your Thoughts On Edward Snowden   Your Thoughts On Edward Snowden EmptyThu Jun 20, 2013 11:01 pm

Admittedly, I haven't read up on a lot of the details of this, but  - 
my instinctive reaction is "Fuck the NSA."
Back to top Go down
http://anxietycloset.storenvy.com
Frank Rizzo

Frank Rizzo

PostSubject: Re: Your Thoughts On Edward Snowden   Your Thoughts On Edward Snowden EmptyThu Jun 20, 2013 11:21 pm

I'm not so quick to have a "fuck the NSA" attitude just yet.

It's been documented that the NSA has actually prevented about half a dozen attacks on the U.S, including one that was going to target NYC Subways.

Am I saying I'm all for it? Absolutely not, but I'm trying to be informed of the situation, and I have to admit, the fact it apparently stopped several attacks from occurring *does* give it slight legitimacy.
Back to top Go down
Otaku4Life

Otaku4Life

PostSubject: Re: Your Thoughts On Edward Snowden   Your Thoughts On Edward Snowden EmptyThu Jun 20, 2013 11:38 pm

Here's Howard Stern's own reaction on the NSA & Edward Snowden.

Back to top Go down
Otaku4Life

Otaku4Life

PostSubject: Re: Your Thoughts On Edward Snowden   Your Thoughts On Edward Snowden EmptyFri Jun 21, 2013 12:08 am

Back to top Go down
wildhoney66

wildhoney66

PostSubject: Re: Your Thoughts On Edward Snowden   Your Thoughts On Edward Snowden EmptyFri Jun 21, 2013 7:40 am

though howard's got a good point. i do think it can help but the thing is i don't want to be watched like that. it would not surprise me one bit if other countries were also doing that as well.

and if they keep the human element it is possible that innocent people won't get caught in the middle of this. but if they ever decide to take that out and have a computer do it. than we are all fucked cause the computer won't know the difference compared to a human.

it also does feel like these days anyways well in the past few years we are also losing our freedom as well. america doesn't feel as free anymore. cause it does feel more & more like big brother is watching your every move.and i don't like that feeling. i'm no criminal at all so i should be left alone.

sometimes their doing these things are them doing double talk. cause we won't know what all they have to keep an eye on us. no will we ever know. but we should be able to feel like we are free. yes it does help to catch criminals but not everyone is a criminal. so no i really don't like to be watched. i didn't like it as a kid when i had either a parent or a babysitter and back than i understood though but as an adult now. i don't like to be watched it's just how i am. i don't like to be told what to do either. unless it's a boss at work that you kinda have no choice and i accept that. i prefer to be asked. you will get a much better response that way.

my point is i just like to be left alone and not be spied upon by anyone. unless i'm breaking the law and i'm not breaking anything.
Back to top Go down
Otaku4Life

Otaku4Life

PostSubject: Re: Your Thoughts On Edward Snowden   Your Thoughts On Edward Snowden EmptyMon Sep 02, 2013 12:17 am

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Your Thoughts On Edward Snowden   Your Thoughts On Edward Snowden Empty

Back to top Go down

Your Thoughts On Edward Snowden
Page 1 of 1