The Cinema Snob
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pierre Kirby Approved.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Arnold Schwarzenegger In "Toxic Avenger" Remake

Go down 
+2
wildhoney66
Otaku4Life
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Otaku4Life

Otaku4Life

Arnold Schwarzenegger In "Toxic Avenger" Remake Empty
PostSubject: Arnold Schwarzenegger In "Toxic Avenger" Remake   Arnold Schwarzenegger In "Toxic Avenger" Remake EmptySat Jun 01, 2013 7:03 am

Arnold Schwarzenegger is in negotiations to star in a remake to the Troma classic "Toxic Avenger".
http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=104216
Back to top Go down
wildhoney66

wildhoney66

PostSubject: Re: Arnold Schwarzenegger In "Toxic Avenger" Remake   Arnold Schwarzenegger In "Toxic Avenger" Remake EmptySat Jun 01, 2013 7:13 am

i actually did hear about this and my only question is WHY in the FUCK would they want to remake that? i'm not dissing the film granted, if they did do it make it bloody as hell and of course put comedy in it cause let's face it the original had comedy in it. and no doubt the acting will be better. but why even bother with another remake?
Back to top Go down
Angie Matera

Angie Matera

PostSubject: Re: Arnold Schwarzenegger In "Toxic Avenger" Remake   Arnold Schwarzenegger In "Toxic Avenger" Remake EmptySat Jun 01, 2013 7:16 am

the existance of a hollywood toxie remake makes me cringe. probally gonna be worse then 2 and 3
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/angelina.matera
wildhoney66

wildhoney66

PostSubject: Re: Arnold Schwarzenegger In "Toxic Avenger" Remake   Arnold Schwarzenegger In "Toxic Avenger" Remake EmptySat Jun 01, 2013 7:19 am

it's been years since i last saw 2 & 3 and i've only seen the cut versions shown on the USA network. so i can't say how good or bad those are.

but your right it is cringe worthy. shit i wish he'd do that "True Lies' sequel before he gets to damn old. now if only Cameron would get his head out of his ass and realize that nobody gives a shit about any kind of avatar sequel. i'm sure

the cast would love to return. well not counting Tia Carrre since she was killed in the film.
Back to top Go down
Skibz

Skibz

PostSubject: Re: Arnold Schwarzenegger In "Toxic Avenger" Remake   Arnold Schwarzenegger In "Toxic Avenger" Remake EmptySat Jun 01, 2013 9:19 pm

I'd watch 'Toxie II' three times before I'd watch 'Toxie IV' once. 'Toxie III'...not so much.

I worked for Troma for a bit, and I know that Lloyd Kaufman turned down many offers to remake 'The Toxic Avenger' in the past. In fact, when I worked in the offices in 2008, there was talk of a studio remake and even a terrible spec script (not by the current screenwriters) that most of the employees read through. If Lloyd finally said "yes" to the prospect of a remake, odds are he's genuinely impressed by what was being offered.

...that, or they were simply the ones who offered him the most money. You can never tell with Lloyd.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/theskibz
Angie Matera

Angie Matera

PostSubject: Re: Arnold Schwarzenegger In "Toxic Avenger" Remake   Arnold Schwarzenegger In "Toxic Avenger" Remake EmptySun Jun 02, 2013 1:57 am

Skibz wrote:
I'd watch 'Toxie II' three times before I'd watch 'Toxie IV' once. 'Toxie III'...not so much.

I worked for Troma for a bit, and I know that Lloyd Kaufman turned down many offers to remake 'The Toxic Avenger' in the past. In fact, when I worked in the offices in 2008, there was talk of a studio remake and even a terrible spec script (not by the current screenwriters) that most of the employees read through. If Lloyd finally said "yes" to the prospect of a remake, odds are he's genuinely impressed by what was being offered.

...that, or they were simply the ones who offered him the most money. You can never tell with Lloyd.
oh nice that must have beenawesome to work for them. what did u do? which films were u involved in?
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/angelina.matera
Frank Rizzo

Frank Rizzo

PostSubject: Re: Arnold Schwarzenegger In "Toxic Avenger" Remake   Arnold Schwarzenegger In "Toxic Avenger" Remake EmptySun Jun 02, 2013 1:58 am

Part of me would actually like to see a big budget remake of Toxie, if only to see how much they fuck it up.
Back to top Go down
Skibz

Skibz

PostSubject: Re: Arnold Schwarzenegger In "Toxic Avenger" Remake   Arnold Schwarzenegger In "Toxic Avenger" Remake EmptySun Jun 02, 2013 4:30 am

Angie Matera wrote:
oh nice that must have beenawesome to work for them. what did u do? which films were u involved in?
I started as an intern, doing basic office work: filling online orders, screening submissions, buying lunch, etc. After a while I was doing things like designing DVD menus and booking theater showings...stuff I probably should have been paid for, but wasn't. It was still a great learning experience.

I didn't do any production work other than short video shoots; if you've seen the DVD intro for 'Poultrygeist' (or 'The Best of TromaDance, Vol. 5'), I'm the jackass in the chicken suit. I did nab a PA spot on the new 'Nuke 'Em High' movie that was shot last August but had to back out at the last minute due to health issues...biggest disappointment of my life. Sad

I also volunteered at the TromaDance Film Festival in Utah a few times...now THAT was fun. I was promoted to be the volunteer coordinator at the 2010 Fest, but unfortunately financial difficulties prevented Troma from returning to Park City in 2010. :/
Back to top Go down
Frank Rizzo

Frank Rizzo

PostSubject: Re: Arnold Schwarzenegger In "Toxic Avenger" Remake   Arnold Schwarzenegger In "Toxic Avenger" Remake EmptySun Jun 02, 2013 4:44 am

That sounds pretty damn cool Skibz, I'm jealous as all hell.
Back to top Go down
ChaosTheory

ChaosTheory

PostSubject: Re: Arnold Schwarzenegger In "Toxic Avenger" Remake   Arnold Schwarzenegger In "Toxic Avenger" Remake EmptySun Jun 02, 2013 5:48 am

A big-budget Toxie sounds kind of self-defeating, to be honest. What audience is that even for?

Skibz, that sounds like a pretty awesome job! At least you got to wear a chicken suit Laughing
Back to top Go down
http://anxietycloset.storenvy.com
Skibz

Skibz

PostSubject: Re: Arnold Schwarzenegger In "Toxic Avenger" Remake   Arnold Schwarzenegger In "Toxic Avenger" Remake EmptySun Jun 02, 2013 6:50 am

It was a pretty neat gig, and it wasn't even anything special: Troma hires people left and right since the pay's too low for anyone to stick around for very long (with the exception of 2 or 3 positions). I'd have stayed if I could have afforded it.

I'm just bummed I couldn't work on 'Return to Nuke 'Em High', since I've always wanted to work on a Troma movie. Oh well, I guess there's always Full Moon. Wink
Back to top Go down
wildhoney66

wildhoney66

PostSubject: Re: Arnold Schwarzenegger In "Toxic Avenger" Remake   Arnold Schwarzenegger In "Toxic Avenger" Remake EmptySun Jun 02, 2013 9:32 am

Troma kinda sounds like what Roger Corman does with his people. start them doing something small like for example Joe Dante the only thing he did for many years was just put together the trailers than they made that bet and we got "Hollywood Boulevard' and he slowly worked his way up and at some point started directing. i dunno how low you start out as if you work for Corman but from what i hear that's about

how he does it i think. anyone here can correct me if i'm wrong. as for now i dunno if he still does it that way. cause though he still makes movies since he's near 90 now. he's slowed down his pace somewhat.

i do admit that though it's a bit scary thinking what hollywood would do to a film like toxic avenger.

i am also curious. hell they made 'mothers day' and though i've never seen it Brad liked it more than the original.
anyways that's cool you worked for Troma though. really they don't pay their staff that much? that's actually sad i think.

i wonder what their budget to a film is now? compared to one made say 10 or 20 years ago?
Back to top Go down
Skibz

Skibz

PostSubject: Re: Arnold Schwarzenegger In "Toxic Avenger" Remake   Arnold Schwarzenegger In "Toxic Avenger" Remake EmptySun Jun 02, 2013 11:00 am

wildhoney66 wrote:
really they don't pay their staff that much? that's actually sad i think.
Well, it's a low but decent salary from what I heard, but it's not that surprising considering the state the company is in now. After all, back in the '80s and '90s, they had a big paid staff and operated out of a four-story building in the heart of Manhattan. When I worked there in 2008, it was nine or ten people (including Lloyd & Michael) in a two-story building (which used to belong to frozen Chinese food distribution company) in an industrial section of Long Island City, Queens.

wildhoney66 wrote:
i wonder what their budget to a film is now? compared to one made say 10 or 20 years ago?
'Poultrygeist' was $450,000 in 2005 dollars, though they really stretched to scrounge that together (the film looks great, though). That's been a pretty typical budget for most of their history, though in the late 1980s they were doing films in the low millions, until 'Kabukiman' tanked.
Back to top Go down
wildhoney66

wildhoney66

PostSubject: Re: Arnold Schwarzenegger In "Toxic Avenger" Remake   Arnold Schwarzenegger In "Toxic Avenger" Remake EmptySun Jun 02, 2013 11:08 am

honestly i've only seen a couple of their films and that's about it. they've really never been my taste of movies though that last film you mention i have seen some of it, it is pretty bad. also honestly i had no idea they did that well back than either. and how poorly they are doing now.

you would think that they'd be making even more money now. i also love the fact that people download his movies. cause he knows damn well that if someone likes one of his films they will end up buying it. and they no doubt do.

if you haven't heard his radio drome episode by all means check it out he's funny as hell and i believe he's drunk off his ass as well. he's one guy i can say though i've never as i've said been a huge fan of his films.

i do get a kick out of the guy. and he doesn't mind making fun of himself and that i can respect. when famous people don't mind making fun of themselves that earns my respect. i believe william shatner is the same way. and Steven Segal is too.

that's all i can think of at the top of my head to be honest. though i will say that one filmi i thought was just plain terrible is 'Surf Nazis must die' i love the title mind you. and me and my brother for years laughed our asses off after we saw the trailer.

but when i did download it a couple years back. i was really pissed by a film that looked pretty good but ends up being a big pile of shit. and a LOT of that had to do with NOTHING really happening until like 50 or 60 minutes into the film.

anyways i didn't know that the company had shrunk so much. i do wonder that after we do at some point loose the guy. who runs the company next? his brother?
Back to top Go down
Skibz

Skibz

PostSubject: Re: Arnold Schwarzenegger In "Toxic Avenger" Remake   Arnold Schwarzenegger In "Toxic Avenger" Remake EmptySun Jun 02, 2013 11:42 am

wildhoney66 wrote:
honestly i've only seen a couple of their films and that's about it. they've really never been my taste of movies though that last film you mention i have seen some of it, it is pretty bad.

Can't account for taste, but for me, 'Poultrygeist' is my favorite Kaufman-directed Troma film. The trailers were terrible but I thought the movie was absolutely hilarious (which was good, since I saw it about 15 times while working at its NY and LA theatrical engagements).

wildhoney66 wrote:
also honestly i had no idea they did that well back than either. and how poorly they are doing now.

Troma pioneered the video market, so they were probably making millions in the '80s. I wouldn't say they're doing *poorly* now; they're certainly not making what they used to, but I don't think they're in trouble.

Think of it like Troma in the '80s = TGWTG in 2009, Troma today = TGWTG in 2012. Wink

wildhoney66 wrote:
i do wonder that after we do at some point loose the guy. who runs the company next? his brother?

Lloyd's brother Charles owns a bakery in San Diego, so probably not. Michael Herz is still the co-president of Troma, but he mostly handles the business aspect rather than the moviemaking. No, Troma will begin and end with Lloyd and Michael. I have no doubt that their influence will last through generations of filmmakers, much like Corman's.
Back to top Go down
wildhoney66

wildhoney66

PostSubject: Re: Arnold Schwarzenegger In "Toxic Avenger" Remake   Arnold Schwarzenegger In "Toxic Avenger" Remake EmptySun Jun 02, 2013 11:59 am

oh there's no doubt in that. look at Trey Parker and Matt Stone they started there and they have "South Park' shit they prolly created it there while they were at Troma. that's my guess anyways.

and you are 100% about taste. everyone's is different. and that's why i try not to argue about taste in anything.

i say well if that's what you like than ok that's what you like. this is what i think and if you agree with me than great if not than it's no big deal or something along the lines of that. i'm guessing that Michael will than do what shit i forget his name. i'm normally good at names but it's late, the dude who now puts togethere the "MSTK3000" sets.

he closed best brains and now it's just for selling shit. i'm guessing that's how troma will maybe be?

anyways, the ones i have seen is of course the first 3 Toxie films. Nuke-m high. or however that's spelled? the 1st film is so bad it's funny. but i haven't seen it in years so i dunno what i'd think of it today.

i at some point saw part of the 2nd one. it wasn't as good. i never saw the 3rd one. and of course 'surf nazis must die'

anyways really his brother runs a bakery now? it must be cause he made Mothers day. he he.
i wonder does he get a percent of that? i dunno if he did any other films. L. Kaufman has given us some famous names of course

but my favorite producer will always be Roger Corman. he's a legend. i don't think Llyod is but that's only cause i'm not a big fan of his. other people will say well yes he is and that's fine.

i'm not going to argue. i like i said only saw a couple of his films. but i don't hate troma films. they just aren't my taste that's all. i do agree about another thing. i've seen trailers that made a film look like shit and i ended up loving the film.
and i have also seen films where the trailer makes this or that film look like a damn good film. than the film is a piece of shit. now THAT i really HATE! he he.
Back to top Go down
Otaku4Life

Otaku4Life

PostSubject: Re: Arnold Schwarzenegger In "Toxic Avenger" Remake   Arnold Schwarzenegger In "Toxic Avenger" Remake EmptyMon Jul 01, 2013 9:52 am

Something I made in Photoshop
Arnold Schwarzenegger In "Toxic Avenger" Remake Toxic_10
Back to top Go down
wildhoney66

wildhoney66

PostSubject: Re: Arnold Schwarzenegger In "Toxic Avenger" Remake   Arnold Schwarzenegger In "Toxic Avenger" Remake EmptyMon Jul 01, 2013 9:55 am

i like it. but you know what's funny ? that you photoshop pic will prolly look even better than what we Will end up getting! that's the sad part.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Arnold Schwarzenegger In "Toxic Avenger" Remake   Arnold Schwarzenegger In "Toxic Avenger" Remake Empty

Back to top Go down

Arnold Schwarzenegger In "Toxic Avenger" Remake
Page 1 of 1