The Cinema Snob
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pierre Kirby Approved.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

The Mario Brothers movie - the way it should have been.

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Reverend Gypsy

The Mario Brothers movie - the way it should have been. Empty
PostSubject: The Mario Brothers movie - the way it should have been.   The Mario Brothers movie - the way it should have been. EmptyTue May 07, 2013 1:08 am

So, not often so driven to post something, but those who are fans of Brad I believe will appreciate it. Not sure the rules on the forum for posting links, so I'll simply recommend folks go check out the Mario Bros. Indie Film Trailer by pixelspersecond on Youtube. It's a quick little fan-made trailer that'll make you long for the real thing.
Back to top Go down
Angie Matera

Angie Matera

PostSubject: Re: The Mario Brothers movie - the way it should have been.   The Mario Brothers movie - the way it should have been. EmptyTue May 07, 2013 5:59 am

Reverend Gypsy wrote:
So, not often so driven to post something, but those who are fans of Brad I believe will appreciate it. Not sure the rules on the forum for posting links, so I'll simply recommend folks go check out the Mario Bros. Indie Film Trailer by pixelspersecond on Youtube. It's a quick little fan-made trailer that'll make you long for the real thing.
looks way better then that abysmal wreck that is the actual movie.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/angelina.matera
wildhoney66

wildhoney66

PostSubject: Re: The Mario Brothers movie - the way it should have been.   The Mario Brothers movie - the way it should have been. EmptyTue May 07, 2013 6:09 am

when i 1st watched that as a kid. i remember looking at pics of it in Nintendo Power. and going what the fuck? and in short i didn't expect really anything great by the time i saw it. and it's for me an ok film. not one i own or really plan on buying but if nothing else is on and i'm bored and it's on tv. i sometimes watch it. just not very often, like i haven't seen it in years!

but as a kid i thought it was one of those it's so bad it's good films. i dunno about now though. the same goes for Turtles 3 i saw that in the theatre and it was pretty bad but it's a fun little film. it's a so bad it's good film. it's one that should NEVER have been made but i've seen far far far worse film than either Ninja Turtles 3 or Mario Bros. that's for damn sure.
Back to top Go down
Angie Matera

Angie Matera

PostSubject: Re: The Mario Brothers movie - the way it should have been.   The Mario Brothers movie - the way it should have been. EmptyTue May 07, 2013 6:41 am

wildhoney66 wrote:
when i 1st watched that as a kid. i remember looking at pics of it in Nintendo Power. and going what the fuck? and in short i didn't expect really anything great by the time i saw it. and it's for me an ok film. not one i own or really plan on buying but if nothing else is on and i'm bored and it's on tv. i sometimes watch it. just not very often, like i haven't seen it in years!

but as a kid i thought it was one of those it's so bad it's good films. i dunno about now though. the same goes for Turtles 3 i saw that in the theatre and it was pretty bad but it's a fun little film. it's a so bad it's good film. it's one that should NEVER have been made but i've seen far far far worse film than either Ninja Turtles 3 or Mario Bros. that's for damn sure.

Yeah even though turtles 3 and mario bros are fucking awful(if i owened mario it would be in my box of shame) there not the worst ive ever seen. That goes to Black devil doll from hell with Moulin rouge close behind it
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/angelina.matera
Otaku4Life

Otaku4Life

PostSubject: Re: The Mario Brothers movie - the way it should have been.   The Mario Brothers movie - the way it should have been. EmptyTue May 07, 2013 8:53 am

Back to top Go down
Skibz

Skibz

PostSubject: Re: The Mario Brothers movie - the way it should have been.   The Mario Brothers movie - the way it should have been. EmptySun May 12, 2013 11:18 am

I pretty certain I'm the nameless guy who Max Force told to go fuck himself for defending the 'Mario' movie in the 'Hobbit' vlog, so what does that tell you about how I'll respond to this post?

I was in the exact target demographic when 'Super Mario Bros.' came out: a preadolescent Nintendo player who owned every 'Mario' game, had a 'Nintendo Power' subscription and even drank those horrible Mario-themed Shasta drinks, and I must have seen that film about 3-4 times in the theater. I loved the weird cyberpunk setting and the weird de-evolution sub-plot and especially Dennis Hopper's twisted performance...this was long before I knew about 'Blade Runner', 'Brazil' or 'Max Headroom', so I was enamored with seeing this kind of dark visual aesthetic. I liked it a hell of a lot more than I did the corny Mario cartoon.

20 years later, I can clearly see its flaws, but I still think for something that was made as an obvious cash-in, they came up with something truly original(-ish) and entertaining. I can't help but feel that if they made an adaptation of the cartoon, complete with a talking dinosaur puppet Bowser and copious pasta jokes, it would have been an even bigger disaster. Just my two cents.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/theskibz
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Mario Brothers movie - the way it should have been.   The Mario Brothers movie - the way it should have been. Empty

Back to top Go down

The Mario Brothers movie - the way it should have been.
Page 1 of 1