The Cinema Snob
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pierre Kirby Approved.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Top 10 Jackie Chan Injuries

Go down 
+3
Subterfuge
Frank Rizzo
Otaku4Life
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Otaku4Life

Otaku4Life

Top 10 Jackie Chan Injuries Empty
PostSubject: Top 10 Jackie Chan Injuries   Top 10 Jackie Chan Injuries EmptyMon Apr 22, 2013 11:11 am

Here's a video list of Jackie Chan's most near-fatal injuries.
He has the guts & bravery to cheat death while entertaining his audience.
Back to top Go down
Frank Rizzo

Frank Rizzo

PostSubject: Re: Top 10 Jackie Chan Injuries   Top 10 Jackie Chan Injuries EmptyMon Apr 22, 2013 7:26 pm

Damn, the fact that Jackie could still go and do his own stunts after suffering this many injuries is nothing short of amazing.

Was it Rumble in the Bronx or Mr. Nice Guy where he jumped from a great height onto a passing boat and fractured his leg? They even show the botched stunt during the end credits and him getting carried off the boat by a stretcher in the credits.

Last edited by Frank Rizzo on Mon Apr 22, 2013 8:47 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Otaku4Life

Otaku4Life

PostSubject: Re: Top 10 Jackie Chan Injuries   Top 10 Jackie Chan Injuries EmptyMon Apr 22, 2013 8:16 pm

Frank Rizzo wrote:
Damn, the fact that Jackie could still go and do his own stunts after suffering this many injuries is nothing short of amazing.

Was it Rumble in the Bronx of Mr. Nice Guy where he jumped from a great height onto a passing boat and fractured his leg? They even show the botched stunt during the end credits and him getting carried off the boat by a stretcher in the credits.
It was "Rumble in the Bronx" where he injured his leg that didn't completely heal during the remainder of filming.
Back to top Go down
Subterfuge

Subterfuge

PostSubject: Re: Top 10 Jackie Chan Injuries   Top 10 Jackie Chan Injuries EmptyMon Apr 22, 2013 11:42 pm

Although it is Bruce Lee who managed to open the door for chinese actors to star in american movies, I do admit that Jackie Chan set the bar much much higher when it comes to impressive martial arts and stunt skills. He deserves the deepest respect.
Back to top Go down
Angie Matera

Angie Matera

PostSubject: Re: Top 10 Jackie Chan Injuries   Top 10 Jackie Chan Injuries EmptyTue Apr 23, 2013 6:10 am

the man sacrifaces so much for the camera. back in the days where martial arts were real b4 al lthe wire fu. trad martial arts seems to be making somewhat of a comeback with stuff like ipman.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/angelina.matera
Subterfuge

Subterfuge

PostSubject: Re: Top 10 Jackie Chan Injuries   Top 10 Jackie Chan Injuries EmptyTue Apr 23, 2013 5:33 pm

For sure, let's hope that trend continues. Ong Bak, especially the first one, is another great example of what you're talking about.
Back to top Go down
theGerman

theGerman

PostSubject: Re: Top 10 Jackie Chan Injuries   Top 10 Jackie Chan Injuries EmptyTue Apr 23, 2013 8:25 pm

One of the biggest heroes of my childhood. Remember having a list of his movies pinned on the wall where I would mark every movie I had seen. Always had the goal to watch every single one of them. Never achieved it, because I couldn't get my hands on the movies he did as a child actor while attending the chinese opera school.
And while we're discussing him...what's your favourite JC Movie?
For me it has to be one of the few he did with Sammo Hung and Yuen Biao namely Project A. For me this movie has not only one of the best fight scenes (Bar scene Navy vs. Police), but also one of his best stunts (Clock Tower).
Back to top Go down
Frank Rizzo

Frank Rizzo

PostSubject: Re: Top 10 Jackie Chan Injuries   Top 10 Jackie Chan Injuries EmptyTue Apr 23, 2013 8:33 pm

It'll always be Rumble in the Bronx for me. It was the movie that introduced me to Jackie, his crazy fight scenes, and his own brand of humor.
Back to top Go down
ChaosTheory

ChaosTheory

PostSubject: Re: Top 10 Jackie Chan Injuries   Top 10 Jackie Chan Injuries EmptyWed Apr 24, 2013 1:37 am

Jackie's crazy. Awesome, but crazy.
I really dig the Drunken Master movies and RUMBLE IN THE BRONX. Rumor has it Sly is courting him for EXPENDABLES 3; I hope that happens!
Back to top Go down
http://anxietycloset.storenvy.com
polygonalchemist

PostSubject: Re: Top 10 Jackie Chan Injuries   Top 10 Jackie Chan Injuries EmptySat Apr 27, 2013 3:39 am

It's kind of a standard answer, but I think Drunken Master II (AKA Legend of Drunken Master) is my favorite Jackie Chan movie, followed very closely by the first two Police Story movies.

A couple other stand out scenes of his: (Embedding the videos might be a bit spoiler-y, so I'll just text link them.) The building slide scene in Who Am I is always really nerve-racking to watch. The Street Fighter scene from City Hunter Is better then the entire Van Damme flick. And in The Accidental Spy Jackie shows that he can fight in the nude and still keep everything covered. All three movies are well worth checking out in their entirety, too.

Other fun facts: Jackie is also a singer, and has performed the theme songs to many of his own movies.

Also, if you watch most of his earlier movies in the original Cantonese, you're still listening to a dub: Hong Kong movies in the 70's and 80's often worked with many actors that didn't speak Cantonese as their first language, and didn't have the best equipment for recording sound on set. The stars would also move on to another project right after wrapping, and wouldn't have time to loop themselves, so they'd often hire a crew of voice actors to record all the dialog after the fact. So for some of Jackie Chan's movies, such as Drunken Master II, the only version where Jackie actually voices himself is the English dub.
Back to top Go down
theGerman

theGerman

PostSubject: Re: Top 10 Jackie Chan Injuries   Top 10 Jackie Chan Injuries EmptySat Apr 27, 2013 2:33 pm

I love his "High Upon High"-Song he did for the first Armour of God.

It was used as the ending song for the european version (maybe the american version too).

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Top 10 Jackie Chan Injuries   Top 10 Jackie Chan Injuries Empty

Back to top Go down

Top 10 Jackie Chan Injuries
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Cinema Snob :: Other Stuff :: General Discussion-
Jump to: