The Cinema Snob
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pierre Kirby Approved.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

"Star Wars" Sequel Plot Point Rumors Surface

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Otaku4Life

Otaku4Life

"Star Wars" Sequel Plot Point Rumors Surface Empty
PostSubject: "Star Wars" Sequel Plot Point Rumors Surface   "Star Wars" Sequel Plot Point Rumors Surface EmptySat Mar 23, 2013 3:48 am

Plot point rumors of the upcoming sequel in the "Star Wars" movies has just been surfaced.
http://moviepilot.com/stories/898117-star-wars-episode-vii-gets-some-major-plot-point-rumors?stamp=70039&subscribe_to=711158&utm_campaign=i-find-your-lack-of-confirmation-disturbing-star-wars-episode-vii-gets-some-major-plot-point-rumors&utm_medium=facebook&utm_source=fb-stream-post
One of them mentions that it takes place 30 years after "Return of the Jedi" & will feature Mark Hamill, Carrie Fisher & Harrison Ford (hopefully).
Back to top Go down
Toyland Chairman

Toyland Chairman

PostSubject: Re: "Star Wars" Sequel Plot Point Rumors Surface   "Star Wars" Sequel Plot Point Rumors Surface EmptySat Mar 23, 2013 3:59 am

There's a lot of talk about the original cast maybe returning, so it won't be much of a surprise if EPISODE 7 is thirty years after JEDI. I know they won't be the stars, but I want them back, as well as more cameos.
Back to top Go down
http://www.freewebs.com/demonictoys/
Angie Matera

Angie Matera

PostSubject: Re: "Star Wars" Sequel Plot Point Rumors Surface   "Star Wars" Sequel Plot Point Rumors Surface EmptySat Mar 23, 2013 7:35 am

I hope it still makes it possible for exnapanded unisverise such as the Thrawn trilogy and Dark empire to exist.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/angelina.matera
polygonalchemist

PostSubject: Re: "Star Wars" Sequel Plot Point Rumors Surface   "Star Wars" Sequel Plot Point Rumors Surface EmptySat Mar 23, 2013 11:06 am

30 years after RotJ would place it well after all of the Expanded Universe material, I believe. So they COULD make it fit with all of it, and use the existing Solo and Skywalker children if they wanted to. Thing is, the EU in that time span was very dense and convoluted. They'd have to either summarize all of the events, including explain how Luke had a son, and yet his wife his no longer around among other things that'd be hard to gloss over.

As much as I like the Expanded Universe, I'd much rather all of the talent they have involve focus on telling a good story. I can live with a new post-ROtJ timeline, just as I can live with Abrems' new Star Trek timeline.
Back to top Go down
Angie Matera

Angie Matera

PostSubject: Re: "Star Wars" Sequel Plot Point Rumors Surface   "Star Wars" Sequel Plot Point Rumors Surface EmptySat Mar 23, 2013 11:11 am

polygonalchemist wrote:
30 years after RotJ would place it well after all of the Expanded Universe material, I believe. So they COULD make it fit with all of it, and use the existing Solo and Skywalker children if they wanted to. Thing is, the EU in that time span was very dense and convoluted. They'd have to either summarize all of the events, including explain how Luke had a son, and yet his wife his no longer around among other things that'd be hard to gloss over.

As much as I like the Expanded Universe, I'd much rather all of the talent they have involve focus on telling a good story. I can live with a new post-ROtJ timeline, just as I can live with Abrems' new Star Trek timeline.

Maybe they can find away to change the 30 years after ROTJ era(as in the era with han solos evil son) but still keep in the stuff that came out right after jedi(thrawn and dark empire era stuff) cause honestly i think that whole time period with Dark cadeus was pretty bad
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/angelina.matera
polygonalchemist

PostSubject: Re: "Star Wars" Sequel Plot Point Rumors Surface   "Star Wars" Sequel Plot Point Rumors Surface EmptySun Mar 24, 2013 12:50 pm

Well technically, the new movies would only wipe out any continuity that they explicitly contradicted. So if the new movie, say, didn't mention anything that happened 4-6 years after RotJ, but had Luke married to a new character. It could be argued that the Thrawn novels still "happened", but that Luke and Mara Jade didn't end up getting together. I'd still take out things like the New Jedi Order series and the books after it (not that I'd mind, personally) but the rest of the Expanded Universe would still be in tact. Kinda like how the Clone Wars animated series knocked out most of the comics and novels that had previously been set between Episodes II and III, but not much else.

The Lucas Licensing people are very pro-active about making sure all of the licensed material fits into one coherent timeline, including writing new stories that retcon contradictions, so they'll work something else. But under Disney, who knows... (I still liked the game Tron 2.0 better than Tron Legacy as a followup to the original Tron, but I guess that's not canon anymore since the later came out.)
Back to top Go down
wildhoney66

wildhoney66

PostSubject: Re: "Star Wars" Sequel Plot Point Rumors Surface   "Star Wars" Sequel Plot Point Rumors Surface EmptyMon Mar 25, 2013 4:18 am

you peeps forget i think that George Lucas let it slip that Harrison ford and Mark Hamil and Carrie Fisher are coming back. though he wasn't suppose to apparently. and i saw this IMDB and Yahoo as well and yes i know IMDB can sometimes be wrong but they are pretty good when it comes to news at least. and if they find out they are wrong on something they post that they were wrong.

anyways i've also heard it'll take place 30 years later which makes sense really. if Mark Hamil does end up fighting in it than the guy has to lose weight. last i saw him he had gained a LOT of weight in recent years.
Back to top Go down
polygonalchemist

PostSubject: Re: "Star Wars" Sequel Plot Point Rumors Surface   "Star Wars" Sequel Plot Point Rumors Surface EmptyMon Mar 25, 2013 7:21 am

But what about Billy Dee Williams? He coming back? He's just as much a part of the main crew now.

As for the others. I think Peter Mayhew's age has been catching up with him, so they'll have to find another really tall guy to wear the Chewbacca suit (That's if they decide to break with the Expanded Universe, as Chewie died in the first New Jedi Order book. I kinda see them doing that, as having him die off-screen in the "saga" probably wouldn't rub audiances the right way.)

Anthony Daniels has voiced C-3PO in literally everything, including the Clone Wars, some video games, and a few obscure audio dramas. So I'm sure they'll get him back to do the voice, even if it's not him in the costume.

Sir Alec Guinness is sadly no longer with us. And he developed a hatred for Star Wars over the years, anyway.

On a side note, Dave Prowse is a pretty cool guy. He attends a whole bunch of conventions and other events here in Florida (I guess he either lives here or has a summer home or something.) Big guy with a very soft English voice. Wouldn't expect him to appear in the new movies though, as He's had a lot of drama with Lucasfilm over the years, and also because Darth Vader died and all. (Although it would be cool to find places for all of these actors that were in suits in the original trilogy to have simple walk-on rolls.)

Of the Hamil/Ford/Fisher trio, I figured Ford would be the hardest to get back. He's never been too fond of Star Wars, and had even wanted Lucas to kill him off in RotJ. But if anyone has deep enough pockets to get him back, it's Disney, so.. Maybe he'll still get his wish and get a heroic death in Ep7, who knows.

Yea, all 3 of them have seen better days, but nothing a Hollywood personal trainer and good makeup can't fix. They'll probably end up taking a minor role to new characters anyway.
Back to top Go down
wildhoney66

wildhoney66

PostSubject: Re: "Star Wars" Sequel Plot Point Rumors Surface   "Star Wars" Sequel Plot Point Rumors Surface EmptyMon Mar 25, 2013 7:35 am

with Alec G. do you honestly blame the guy? here was a guy who did the 1st film for the money. and with his body of work the guy wants to be known for other roles NOT just 1 role and he grew tire rather quickly i'd imagine of people just asking him to say this or that from Star Wars. kids are a bit different cause it's their era. but adults who have i'm sure seen more of his work didn't ask him about those. they asked him about star wars and only star wars.

and that's why he grew a hatred for it. and honestly i can't say i blame him either. as for Billy Dee why would he do another? didn't he die in that pit in Jedi anyways? in books i think i heard he didn't die. but if they go by the films than they'd just keep him dead. that's my take on it anyways.

i dunno the rumor is their role is suppose to be a big part. but that could mean a number of things such as their roles are important but is like the character Yoda he's a big part of the series yet his part in some of them aren't that big. others they are huge. well this is my take on it anyways i'm no expert so this is just guesswork.
Back to top Go down
polygonalchemist

PostSubject: Re: "Star Wars" Sequel Plot Point Rumors Surface   "Star Wars" Sequel Plot Point Rumors Surface EmptyMon Mar 25, 2013 12:02 pm

I think you're confusing Billy Dee Williams (Lando Calrissian) with Boba Fett. Lando was the original owner of the Millennium Falcon, and the one who flew it in the final battle with the death star II. He did feature heavily in the post-RotJ novels and comics, and even did some voicework in at least one audio drama.

And yea, I can understand Sir Alec Guinness's issues with Star Wars. He was a very well established actor before that (enough to earn a knighthood, at least) and later in life to constantly be asked about a movie that he never took all that seriously when he made would probably drive him nuts.

There was an interesting feature-length documentary on the DVD set for Star Wars about the making of the trilogy. In it, they imply that Lucas was a fan of many great British actors, including many of those who were in Hammer horror films (such as David Prowse and Peter Cushing) and wanted to work with them. A lot of those actors didn't take their roles in Star Wars all that seriously, viewing it as a cheap children's film.
Back to top Go down
wildhoney66

wildhoney66

PostSubject: Re: "Star Wars" Sequel Plot Point Rumors Surface   "Star Wars" Sequel Plot Point Rumors Surface EmptyMon Mar 25, 2013 12:10 pm

it's been a long time since i last saw Jedi so i may be indeed wrong. actually if you think about the 1st film even though it's a great film don't get me wrong. i can see their point on thinking that. i don't think the studio even took it seriosuly if i'm not mistaken. at least not until it made them the money it did.

though i bought the series on Blu-ray i've only so far watched the first 2 episodes and have yet to watch the episode 3.

i've never seen them in order so that's why i choose to watch them that way. in case you are wondering.

but Jedi funny enough has the same effect on me today it had on me when i was 4 or 5 when it hit theatres in (1983)

i fall asleep on it. i saw that in the theatres with my rents, i can't remember i my brother went or not. but i fell asleep on it. and decades later i still can fall asleep on it. i have no idea why but it's just got that effect on me.

none of the other ones do.just that one. i've never read the comics, books or anything so bear with me.
Jedi isn't a terrible film by any means it's just of the original films the weakest one in my opinion. but it's got it's fans and that's fine ya know?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: "Star Wars" Sequel Plot Point Rumors Surface   "Star Wars" Sequel Plot Point Rumors Surface Empty

Back to top Go down

"Star Wars" Sequel Plot Point Rumors Surface
Page 1 of 1