The Cinema Snob
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pierre Kirby Approved.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

FDA Bans Candy Cigarettes

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Otaku4Life

Otaku4Life

FDA Bans Candy Cigarettes Empty
PostSubject: FDA Bans Candy Cigarettes   FDA Bans Candy Cigarettes EmptyThu Feb 28, 2013 5:17 am

The Food & Drug Administration has banned the sale of candy cigarettes.
http://www.rttnews.com/1343406/candy-cigarettes-officially-banned-by-fda.aspx
The ban is part of the Family Smoking Prevention and Control Act signed into law by US president Barack Obama in 2009.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Family_Smoking_Prevention_and_Tobacco_Control_Act
So the government is preventing kids from smoking by banning candy cigarettes & let stores continue to sell the real ones?
I used to eat these when I was a kid growing up, eventhough I did not try smoking real cigarettes.
I don't smoke because it's a disgusting & dangerous habit.
Those candy cigarettes were fun while they lasted.
FDA Bans Candy Cigarettes Target10
Back to top Go down
Toyland Chairman

Toyland Chairman

PostSubject: Re: FDA Bans Candy Cigarettes   FDA Bans Candy Cigarettes EmptyThu Feb 28, 2013 6:24 am

I had no idea they still made candy cigarettes. Those POPEYE candy cigarettes became POPEYE CANDY STICKS long ago. I do enjoy those liquorice pipes.
Back to top Go down
http://www.freewebs.com/demonictoys/
wildhoney66

wildhoney66

PostSubject: Re: FDA Bans Candy Cigarettes   FDA Bans Candy Cigarettes EmptyThu Feb 28, 2013 8:39 am

are you fucking kidding me? i love those things! i don't smoke but those candy i do love to each. i had no idea they even still made them either. my point is why ban them? i'm 34 and i was eating this candy in the 80's i'm sure hell even Brad & Josh ate these as kids. and most people on here. so it's a WTF sort of thing
Back to top Go down
polygonalchemist

PostSubject: Re: FDA Bans Candy Cigarettes   FDA Bans Candy Cigarettes EmptyThu Feb 28, 2013 11:26 am

Is Big League Chew still around? I used to chew that stuff all the time as a kid, only later found out about it's relation to chewing tobacco.

Honestly, I've never smoked, can't stand the smell of it, and am glad that it's banned in moth public places, but I really think it's a little over the top how heavily tobacco and smokers get singled out and shit on. In this day and age, everyone who smokes knows its bad for them, yet they choose to do it anyway. It's their body, and it's still a legally available product.

Honestly, I just want the FDA to focus on making sure the food I buy actually contains what the package says it does and was prepared safely. Just keep the horse meat out of my beef, please. We don't need more moral police in this country.
Back to top Go down
wildhoney66

wildhoney66

PostSubject: Re: FDA Bans Candy Cigarettes   FDA Bans Candy Cigarettes EmptyThu Feb 28, 2013 11:52 am

there's a LOT of different brands i'm sure. but eating that candy as a kid didn't make me want to smoke, i only tried smoking once and i was drunk off my ass a friend says to me wanna try it i said well why not i'm drunk. and it tasted fucking nasty. i dunno what brand he smoked to be honest.

but i can say i at least tried it. i also don't use chewing tobacco either. that also tastes fucking nasty as well i tried a couple different brands and i about threw up each time. i was a kid at the time mind you. but hey i tried them ya know?

i don't blame this candy for trying them either. i was curious and wanted to try it for myself. and it wasn't for me so why blame the candy companies?
Back to top Go down
Otaku4Life

Otaku4Life

PostSubject: Re: FDA Bans Candy Cigarettes   FDA Bans Candy Cigarettes EmptyThu Feb 28, 2013 12:24 pm

polygonalchemist wrote:
Is Big League Chew still around? I used to chew that stuff all the time as a kid, only later found out about it's relation to chewing tobacco.
I still see Big League Chew available at my local dollar store.
I also sometimes see the blue & pink bubblegum cigars that say "IT'S A BOY" & "IT'S A GIRL" at gift shops.
Back to top Go down
wildhoney66

wildhoney66

PostSubject: Re: FDA Bans Candy Cigarettes   FDA Bans Candy Cigarettes EmptyThu Feb 28, 2013 12:27 pm

watch that my friend that may have kids want to be parents to young. which is total bullshit anywys. if candy can do this or so they claim. it's BS all around.
Back to top Go down
Otaku4Life

Otaku4Life

PostSubject: Re: FDA Bans Candy Cigarettes   FDA Bans Candy Cigarettes EmptyThu Feb 28, 2013 12:28 pm

polygonalchemist wrote:
Honestly, I just want the FDA to focus on making sure the food I buy actually contains what the package says it does and was prepared safely. Just keep the horse meat out of my beef, please. We don't need more moral police in this country.
Let's just hope that the United States government don't get too carried away or else they're gonna ban cinnamon as well.

Back to top Go down
Angie Matera

Angie Matera

PostSubject: Re: FDA Bans Candy Cigarettes   FDA Bans Candy Cigarettes EmptyFri Mar 01, 2013 4:17 am

Otaku4Life wrote:
The Food & Drug Administration has banned the sale of candy cigarettes.
http://www.rttnews.com/1343406/candy-cigarettes-officially-banned-by-fda.aspx
The ban is part of the Family Smoking Prevention and Control Act signed into law by US president Barack Obama in 2009.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Family_Smoking_Prevention_and_Tobacco_Control_Act
So the government is preventing kids from smoking by banning candy cigarettes & let stores continue to sell the real ones?
I used to eat these when I was a kid growing up, eventhough I did not try smoking real cigarettes.
I don't smoke because it's a disgusting & dangerous habit.
Those candy cigarettes were fun while they lasted.
FDA Bans Candy Cigarettes Target10

lol candy cigarretes? i dont think we ever had these in PR and if we did i just might have never heard of them(i dont really eat candy THAT much). I dont smoke ether or drink for that matter.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/angelina.matera
Toyland Chairman

Toyland Chairman

PostSubject: Re: FDA Bans Candy Cigarettes   FDA Bans Candy Cigarettes EmptyFri Mar 01, 2013 4:40 am

Quote :

lol candy cigarretes? i dont think we ever had these in PR and if we did i just might have never heard of them(i dont really eat candy THAT much). I dont smoke ether or drink for that matter.
You never tried Popeye's Candy Sticks or Liquorice Pipes? affraid

I barely drink because I think it tastes bad. And I have smoked a few cigarettes in the past, but I don't care for them. I personally don't think it's an addiction, it's just a habbit that's easier to break than smokers are willing to admit. But that's because it's easy for me to smoke once and never smoke again for years or at all.
Back to top Go down
http://www.freewebs.com/demonictoys/
Angie Matera

Angie Matera

PostSubject: Re: FDA Bans Candy Cigarettes   FDA Bans Candy Cigarettes EmptyFri Mar 01, 2013 6:59 am

Toyland Chairman wrote:
Quote :

You never tried Popeye's Candy Sticks or Liquorice Pipes? affraid

I barely drink because I think it tastes bad. And I have smoked a few cigarettes in the past, but I don't care for them. I personally don't think it's an addiction, it's just a habbit that's easier to break than smokers are willing to admit. But that's because it's easy for me to smoke once and never smoke again for years or at all.

i never even heard of those lol. Im not much of a Liquorice person. i dont have a probally with people who drink or smoke i just never really wanted to myself.
Back to top Go down
Otaku4Life

Otaku4Life

PostSubject: Re: FDA Bans Candy Cigarettes   FDA Bans Candy Cigarettes EmptyFri Mar 01, 2013 12:02 pm

Should Brad try these on an episode of "Brad Tries" if he happens to find any someplace or if someone donates them to him?
Back to top Go down
Angie Matera

Angie Matera

PostSubject: Re: FDA Bans Candy Cigarettes   FDA Bans Candy Cigarettes EmptyFri Mar 01, 2013 1:20 pm

Otaku4Life wrote:
Should Brad try these on an episode of "Brad Tries" if he happens to find any someplace or if someone donates them to him?

Sure. ts been forever since we had a new brad tries
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: FDA Bans Candy Cigarettes   FDA Bans Candy Cigarettes Empty

Back to top Go down

FDA Bans Candy Cigarettes
Page 1 of 1