The Cinema Snob
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pierre Kirby Approved.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Danish Cartoon About Norse Mythology

Go down 
+2
jaltesorensen
Otaku4Life
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Otaku4Life

Otaku4Life

Danish Cartoon About Norse Mythology Empty
PostSubject: Danish Cartoon About Norse Mythology   Danish Cartoon About Norse Mythology EmptySun Feb 17, 2013 1:15 am

After hearing Gary & Phil's ridiculous rants & insults on Norse mythology, here's an epic 1986 Danish cartoon called "Valhalla" to put our minds at ease.
I myself am a fan of reading stories about Norse mythology.
Even the ones influenced by it like "Lord of the Rings".

Back to top Go down
jaltesorensen

jaltesorensen

PostSubject: Re: Danish Cartoon About Norse Mythology   Danish Cartoon About Norse Mythology EmptySun Feb 17, 2013 1:30 am

One of my favorite cartoons as a kid :-)

It also had a spin off series with the little... frost giant (called "jætte" in danish)?? Quark:

(though there are no subtitles in this cartoon, though there is little danish spoken in the cartoon it self)
Back to top Go down
Angie Matera

Angie Matera

PostSubject: Re: Danish Cartoon About Norse Mythology   Danish Cartoon About Norse Mythology EmptySun Feb 17, 2013 3:53 am

I love norsemythology . its probally why i got into Black metal and folk metal in the first place lol.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/angelina.matera
theGerman

theGerman

PostSubject: Re: Danish Cartoon About Norse Mythology   Danish Cartoon About Norse Mythology EmptySun Feb 17, 2013 9:24 pm

Real Classic in Germany too. Remember owning it on VHS as a kid and watching it many times.
The old lady scared the shit out of me...
Back to top Go down
pale-suzie

pale-suzie

PostSubject: Re: Danish Cartoon About Norse Mythology   Danish Cartoon About Norse Mythology EmptyMon Mar 18, 2013 1:50 am

That's my childhood right there. I was a huge fan of the comic and I've still got most of them. Smile
Back to top Go down
ShadyJay

ShadyJay

PostSubject: Re: Danish Cartoon About Norse Mythology   Danish Cartoon About Norse Mythology EmptyFri Mar 22, 2013 11:30 pm

Ya, one of my childhood-favourites, too... The Danish makes this movie creepy as hell, at least for a non-Dane...

Though, I must say, even although I normally despise voice overs the German version seems to be a hell of a lot funnier than the Danish one or the English subtitles for that matter... Take for instance my favourite scene:

The subtitles simply read "You seem to forget something, I am the god, you are the servants." The voice actor barely even raises his voice. The German version has Loki totally freaking out and yelling: "Are you insane?? Or suffering from amnesia?? I tell you, I am the god and you are the serving staff!"

The choice of wording, combined with that iconic voice of well-renowned German voice actor Hans Clarin cracks me up every time.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Danish Cartoon About Norse Mythology   Danish Cartoon About Norse Mythology Empty

Back to top Go down

Danish Cartoon About Norse Mythology
Page 1 of 1