The Cinema Snob
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pierre Kirby Approved.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

George Carlin

Go down 
+2
jaltesorensen
Otaku4Life
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Otaku4Life

Otaku4Life

George Carlin Empty
PostSubject: George Carlin   George Carlin EmptyThu Feb 14, 2013 11:40 pm

This blog is to the memory and legacy of stand-up comedian George Carlin.
He still tells it as it is, even from the grave.
Here are some clips of his greatest moments on stage.
Rest In Piece, George.

Seven Dirty Words

NRA

Ban On Toy Guns

The Double Standard

Reagan's Gang

The Death Penalty

Pro-Life Is Anti-Woman

Free Floating Hostility

Saving The Planet

Airport Security

I Don't Vote

Suicide

Extreme Human Behavior

The American Dream

Rights & Privileges (George Carlin's last & final stand-up bit)

Last edited by Otaku4Life on Wed Apr 03, 2013 5:46 am; edited 9 times in total
Back to top Go down
jaltesorensen

jaltesorensen

George Carlin Empty
PostSubject: Re: George Carlin   George Carlin EmptyFri Feb 15, 2013 12:46 am

That guy was just awesome. Sad that he is no more.
He was one of the funniest comedians ive ever heard and he was in Bill and Ted. that is just pure awesomeness (if that is even a word).
Back to top Go down
Otaku4Life

Otaku4Life

George Carlin Empty
PostSubject: Re: George Carlin   George Carlin EmptyFri Feb 15, 2013 12:53 am

jaltesorensen wrote:
That guy was just awesome. Sad that he is no more.
He was one of the funniest comedians ive ever heard and he was in Bill and Ted. that is just pure awesomeness (if that is even a word).
He also starred in Kevin Smith's "Dogma" and even played as the conductor on the PBS children's show "Shining Time Station".

Back to top Go down
wildhoney66

wildhoney66

George Carlin Empty
PostSubject: Re: George Carlin   George Carlin EmptyFri Feb 15, 2013 5:15 am

I love this guy. i don't always agree everything he talks about. but that i'm ok with. a great deal of it i don't agree with and a great deal i do agree with. i think it really but if you are talking album wise per album more so the stuff he talks about i agree with most of it.

i dunno if anyone visited his site when he ran it. he rated his performace on how he think he did per movie he was in.
and acording to him for example his acting in 'car wash' was terrible. and he's honest about it which i love.

i dunno if that site is still around though i haven't really looked for a long time. but it was still around after he died. but since he's been gone for nearly 5 years now i dunno who runs it.
Back to top Go down
Otaku4Life

Otaku4Life

George Carlin Empty
PostSubject: Re: George Carlin   George Carlin EmptyFri Feb 15, 2013 5:53 am

You should hear how George handles with the hecklers in the audience during a performance.

Last edited by Otaku4Life on Tue Apr 02, 2013 2:46 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
wildhoney66

wildhoney66

George Carlin Empty
PostSubject: Re: George Carlin   George Carlin EmptyFri Feb 15, 2013 10:15 am

I've heard this before but i still love it each time i hear it. to bad other comics don't phrase it that way he he
Back to top Go down
Frank Rizzo

Frank Rizzo

George Carlin Empty
PostSubject: Re: George Carlin   George Carlin EmptyFri Feb 15, 2013 11:13 am

I actually had the good fortune to see George Carlin live with my dad back in the early 2000's at one of the local colleges in my town. It was a funny as hell show, though George didn't do much new material. I'd say it was about 75 percent classic material and 25 percent new jokes (well, new at that time anyway).

To make a long story short, at around the midpoint of the show, this douchebag heckler kept calling out "Get some new jokes George! Get some new jokes!" This went on for a good 5-6 minutes. George would tell a joke, and the dude kept calling out "Get some new jokes George!" Finally, George just calmly looked over towards the guy after he said it again and went:

"Get the dicks out of your mouth Sir and I'll consider it... (points to guy in crowd) Folks, that there is a good example of a guy that gets no pussy....no pussy whatsoever! I bet this asshole probably came by himself tonight...no woman with a pulse would be caught dead with this motherfucker...You got anything to say now guy? (silence) Yeah, I didn't think so...."

I remember the audience laughing their butts off as George just tore this poor guy a new one, and my dad was all "Jeez, George got extra nasty there, didn't he?" IMO, I didn't blame George though, the moron kept up the heckling for a good 5 minutes, he had it coming...
Back to top Go down
wildhoney66

wildhoney66

George Carlin Empty
PostSubject: Re: George Carlin   George Carlin EmptyFri Feb 15, 2013 11:42 am

well here's the thing if you don't want to hear old material don't go and see well George Carlin at all!

cause he's going to do some of his famous shit and also new material as well. kinda like when you go and see The Rolling Stones' they are going to play the hits some lessor known songs and also the newer stuff or the new stuff

and if you expect to hear them to only do new material than you are a fucking idiot. it's the same concept with comics i'm sure. my brother went and saw him in Columbus at least 2 or 3 times. and he thought he was great. i though unfortunally never got the chance to see him perform. oh well i guess ya know?
Back to top Go down
Subterfuge

Subterfuge

George Carlin Empty
PostSubject: Re: George Carlin   George Carlin EmptyFri Feb 15, 2013 8:08 pm

George reminds me of an older Bill Hicks. I love these guys. In my opinion these are what comedians should be, they should challenge the establishment, they should make people reconsider their values and lifestyles.

Back to top Go down
Otaku4Life

Otaku4Life

George Carlin Empty
PostSubject: Re: George Carlin   George Carlin EmptySun Feb 17, 2013 8:53 pm

I consider Brad to be the George Carlin of movie reviewers since he makes so many stands against religious fundamentalism in his "DVD-R Hell" videos.
Back to top Go down
wildhoney66

wildhoney66

George Carlin Empty
PostSubject: Re: George Carlin   George Carlin EmptyMon Feb 18, 2013 5:15 am

i dunno, and i don't think it's a stand against religion that he does. he's i think a bit like me in the sense that i believe in god. but i don't go to church. it bores the hell out of me. in short i have nothing against people who believe in god or who go to church my grandmother goes to church for example.

the like me part is where i add that i HATE the people who are so obessed with religion that they make it their entire life and than they do quotes from the bible and try to get you to believe. and so on. the people who just go to church and leave that stuff at home i have no issues with. but when i see people put it all over their cars i roll my eyes.

i say the same thing about sports though i like brad hate sports with a fucking passion and i'd rather watch a good or hell even a shitty movie than any sports game on tv. and i fucking HATE the people who make it their life and when you or someone joke about how their team lost just to tease. they pull a fucking knife on your ass or beat your ass.

not saying everyone pulls a knife but there are no doubt guys who do. if you watch the show "Nesscarry Roughness' which is a sports show and that i do like. i like it to have well a story. in season 1 i think they had this dumbfuck attack one of the players cause he didn't perform as good as he wanted him to. and than the next season a fan shot the guy cause he made the team lose or something. my point is that's the type of people i hate. and people forget that only is a game and it's meant for fun. you may ask why i bring sports into religion? well the answer is quite simple

to some people it's the same thing. not all sports fans are like this THANKFULLY but to many are unfortunally.

kinda like not all people make their entire life their beliefs but far to many do. when it comes to religion.

and that's my guess is what brad tends to make fun of those type of people who take the shit serious. and brad if i by any chance have any of this wrong by all means please correct me. i'm not trying to put words into your mouth man.

i'm just guessing on your stance.
Back to top Go down
Otaku4Life

Otaku4Life

George Carlin Empty
PostSubject: Re: George Carlin   George Carlin EmptyFri Feb 22, 2013 2:25 am

Frank Rizzo wrote:
I actually had the good fortune to see George Carlin live with my dad back in the early 2000's at one of the local colleges in my town. It was a funny as hell show, though George didn't do much new material. I'd say it was about 75 percent classic material and 25 percent new jokes (well, new at that time anyway).

To make a long story short, at around the midpoint of the show, this douchebag heckler kept calling out "Get some new jokes George! Get some new jokes!" This went on for a good 5-6 minutes. George would tell a joke, and the dude kept calling out "Get some new jokes George!" Finally, George just calmly looked over towards the guy after he said it again and went:

"Get the dicks out of your mouth Sir and I'll consider it... (points to guy in crowd) Folks, that there is a good example of a guy that gets no pussy....no pussy whatsoever! I bet this asshole probably came by himself tonight...no woman with a pulse would be caught dead with this motherfucker...You got anything to say now guy? (silence) Yeah, I didn't think so...."

I remember the audience laughing their butts off as George just tore this poor guy a new one, and my dad was all "Jeez, George got extra nasty there, didn't he?" IMO, I didn't blame George though, the moron kept up the heckling for a good 5 minutes, he had it coming...
I went to see former "Howard Stern Show" guest Jackie "The Jokeman" Martling at a NYC performance.
He was in the middle of a joke that I've heard many many times before and started to crack up laughing.
He looked at me and said "Don't you ruin it for me".
I just kept my mouth shut the whole entire evening after that.
I wasn't one of those bullshit hecklers looking for trouble, I was just thinking of how hilarious that joke was everytime I hear it on one of his audio CDs.
Back to top Go down
Otaku4Life

Otaku4Life

George Carlin Empty
PostSubject: Re: George Carlin   George Carlin EmptySun Mar 17, 2013 1:30 am

Fred Phelps & the Westboro Baptist Church celebrated the death of George Carlin & planned on protesting his funeral.
FYI, George's last wishes were not to have no public funeral or memorial of any kind.
So George's last joke was on them.

In the mean time, here's some more of George's stand-up bits of how he views religion as bullshit.
Back to top Go down
wildhoney66

wildhoney66

George Carlin Empty
PostSubject: Re: George Carlin   George Carlin EmptySun Mar 17, 2013 3:27 am

that was really respecful of you not to heckle Jackie. lord knows he prolly needs the money maybe? cause he's been as far as i know off the show for years!

anyways, it would NOT surprise me one bit that churches would say that about George Carlin at all! honestly i never understood it when they'd have a funeral on live tv anyways. i'm a HUGE beach boys fan and if one of them dies tommrow would i want to pay my respects hell yeah i would but the thing is i'm not part of their family and

that doesn't upset me at all. i've never met any of their family members either. so in short it should be a family gathering not a fan gathering. nor should it be on live tv anyways. i never watch those either i change the channel when those are done, how about you are you the same way?
Back to top Go down
Angie Matera

Angie Matera

George Carlin Empty
PostSubject: Re: George Carlin   George Carlin EmptySun Mar 17, 2013 5:10 am

Otaku4Life wrote:
Fred Phelps & the Westboro Baptist Church celebrated the death of George Carlin & planned on protesting his funeral.
FYI, George's last wishes were not to have no public funeral or memorial of any kind.
So George's last joke was on them.

In the mean time, here's some more of George's stand-up bits of how he views religion as bullshit.

Fred plheps always pisses me off when ever he does anything lol
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/angelina.matera
Otaku4Life

Otaku4Life

George Carlin Empty
PostSubject: Re: George Carlin   George Carlin EmptyWed Apr 03, 2013 5:39 am

Back to top Go down
Otaku4Life

Otaku4Life

George Carlin Empty
PostSubject: Re: George Carlin   George Carlin EmptyWed Jul 24, 2013 12:12 am

An extended list to George Carlin's seven dirty words.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

George Carlin Empty
PostSubject: Re: George Carlin   George Carlin Empty

Back to top Go down

George Carlin
Page 1 of 1