The Cinema Snob
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pierre Kirby Approved.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Nostalgia Critic Returns

Go down 
+2
wildhoney66
BoylandtheLiberator
6 posters
AuthorMessage
BoylandtheLiberator

Nostalgia Critic Returns Empty
PostSubject: Nostalgia Critic Returns   Nostalgia Critic Returns EmptyWed Jan 23, 2013 6:05 am

Anyone who has seen the latest Demo Reel knows that the Nostalgia Critic has returned. I feel this is a mistake, I know this is going to be unpopular but here me out. Its like a rock act doing what they did in their first album,. Yes it was fun the first time but do they have the same energy they did inn the first album. Some times it works, however I think Demo Reel was getting better. However bringing back a show Doug thought was played out but I understand he wants to see if there is something fresh and new. However porblem is that 1. He was making good serious videos with the demo reel stuff. 2. How not having a cut off doesn't make him the nostalgia critic it makes him the reaction critic. As the nostaligia critic he was remembering films we sort of remembered. 3. He ended it for a reason.
Back to top Go down
wildhoney66

wildhoney66

PostSubject: Re: Nostalgia Critic Returns   Nostalgia Critic Returns EmptyWed Jan 23, 2013 9:34 am

or 4 he also may have ended it cause he was burnt out. and if he does return as the critic nobody knows if it's on a permant basis or just post one every now and than. so who knows ya know? is my point
Back to top Go down
Frank Rizzo

Frank Rizzo

PostSubject: Re: Nostalgia Critic Returns   Nostalgia Critic Returns EmptyWed Jan 23, 2013 10:21 am

I had thought that in his "goodbye to the Nostalga Critic" video, he said he was gonna bring the character back for special videos every so often.
Back to top Go down
wildhoney66

wildhoney66

PostSubject: Re: Nostalgia Critic Returns   Nostalgia Critic Returns EmptyWed Jan 23, 2013 10:30 am

i haven't seen that so i can't say if you are right or not. but that would make sense. and it wouldn't bother me either way.
Back to top Go down
Frank Rizzo

Frank Rizzo

PostSubject: Re: Nostalgia Critic Returns   Nostalgia Critic Returns EmptyWed Jan 23, 2013 11:00 am

I'll need to find and rewatch the video again, but I'm pretty sure that was what he said the deal was.
Back to top Go down
BoylandtheLiberator

PostSubject: Re: Nostalgia Critic Returns   Nostalgia Critic Returns EmptyWed Jan 23, 2013 6:25 pm

Frank Rizzo wrote:
I'll need to find and rewatch the video again, but I'm pretty sure that was what he said the deal was.
He has done if for cons. I don't want to slag off Doug. However it seems he mayube doing it to placate the fans as he put the character into the plothole fora reason. He felt it wass done. Demo Reel had p[roblems but they were being ironed out. He had a game show actually two with a comic review show.
Back to top Go down
polygonalchemist

PostSubject: Re: Nostalgia Critic Returns   Nostalgia Critic Returns EmptyThu Jan 24, 2013 1:18 pm

I like Doug a lot, but near the end of the NC's run, I thought he was really phoning it in. The only episodes I liked tended to be some of the crossovers. I had the impression that he was getting tired of it, so when he announced he was retiring the critic for the time being, I thought it was a good move.

Then, I guess, Demo Reel didn't really work out. No harm, sometimes you have to try a lot of different things to find success, and I hope Doug and Rob keep trying new shows.

I don't object to bringing the NC back, as he mentioned he'd do so for special episodes. But I think putting him on a regular schedule is bad idea, even if that schedule is bi-weekly. I think part of the problem before was running out of movies to do episodes about while trying to keep up a weekly schedule. Bi-weekly is better, but I fear he could run into the same issue again. Instead, I'd much rather he just bring the character back whenever he came across something that he felt warranted a review.
Back to top Go down
Subterfuge

Subterfuge

PostSubject: Re: Nostalgia Critic Returns   Nostalgia Critic Returns EmptyThu Jan 24, 2013 11:12 pm

Well you know what? I'm not even a Nostalgia Critic fan, I've watched some of his reviews and I liked most of them but I don't consider myself a fan, and I liked that '' come back '' video he just released. I went into it not expecting much but I ended up liking it very much and I am under the impression that Demo Reel ( which I never watched ) might have served as some sort of purgatory ( as is said in the video ) for the Nostalgia Critic until the time came for Doug to bring him back. I don't know, but it seems to me from reading comments that people don't realize that Demo Reel might not have been '' something new for Doug to try '' but instead was a tangent entirely devised in order to bring the Nostalgia Critic back in due time byt tying things up with the plot hole and the end of To Boldy Flee, making Donnie some sort of amnesiac who ends up remembering he is the Critic when the time is right.

That's my perspective and I think it comes from never having watched Demo Reel. I guess what I'm trying to say is that it's interesting to consider things under this angle: Demo Reel was never intended to last; instead it was made as a '' feint '', to throw people off until the time came for Doug to bring back the critic.

I thought it was a well made come back, honestly. And even if I haven't watched the Nostalgia Critic for a while, I'll be tuning in on feb 5.
Back to top Go down
Otaku4Life

Otaku4Life

PostSubject: Re: Nostalgia Critic Returns   Nostalgia Critic Returns EmptyWed Feb 06, 2013 10:27 am

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Nostalgia Critic Returns   Nostalgia Critic Returns Empty

Back to top Go down

Nostalgia Critic Returns
Page 1 of 1