The Cinema Snob
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pierre Kirby Approved.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Oscars discussion thread

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Frank Rizzo

Frank Rizzo

Oscars discussion thread Empty
PostSubject: Oscars discussion thread   Oscars discussion thread EmptyMon Jan 21, 2013 3:54 am

Anyone here have any thoughts or opinions on the upcoming Oscars?

Who they felt were snubbed? Who may win?
Back to top Go down
ChaosTheory

ChaosTheory

PostSubject: Re: Oscars discussion thread   Oscars discussion thread EmptyMon Jan 21, 2013 4:34 am

I was really disappointed that MOONRISE KINGDOM only got a screenwriting nom. I would've easily given it nods (maybe even wins) for Best Picture, Best Director, and Best Supporting Actor (for Edward Norton.)

Was surprised that Affleck and Tarantino didn't get director nods, particularly Affleck. I don't really get the point of having 9-10 picture nominees and only sticking with 5 for directing.

I wasn't surprised, but it still sucks, that Matthew McConoughey didn't get a nomination for KILLER JOE.

As to who's going to win, I guess it depends on who the Academy wants to kiss-ass on more: Spielberg (LINCOLN, which to be fair was really good) or the Weinsteins (SILVER LININGS PLAYBOOK). I haven't seen SLP, it may well be fantastic, but I gotta say, knowing that Bradley Ken-doll Cooper has more Oscar nominations than Alan Rickman, Willem Dafoe, Steve Buscemi & Michael Fassbender combined kind of makes me sick.
Back to top Go down
http://anxietycloset.storenvy.com
Frank Rizzo

Frank Rizzo

PostSubject: Re: Oscars discussion thread   Oscars discussion thread EmptyMon Jan 21, 2013 4:57 am

Affleck got a bit of good karma back though, as he won the Golden Globe for Best Director.

Probably was a case of "Yeeesh, sorry about the no Oscar nod dude, here's the Golden Globe..."
Back to top Go down
ChaosTheory

ChaosTheory

PostSubject: Re: Oscars discussion thread   Oscars discussion thread EmptyMon Jan 21, 2013 5:06 am

It does make the Oscar snub more ironic, doesn't it? I'm glad Affleck won the Globe though; ARGO was excellent and he's really come into his own as a director. He should be encouraged on that track; I don't want any more DAREDEVIL movies Wink
Back to top Go down
http://anxietycloset.storenvy.com
Frank Rizzo

Frank Rizzo

PostSubject: Re: Oscars discussion thread   Oscars discussion thread EmptyMon Jan 21, 2013 7:07 am

ChaosTheory wrote:
It does make the Oscar snub more ironic, doesn't it? I'm glad Affleck won the Globe though; ARGO was excellent and he's really come into his own as a director. He should be encouraged on that track; I don't want any more DAREDEVIL movies Wink

Trust me, after the debacle that was.....well....the first Daredevil movie, I don't think we'll be seeing any Daredevil sequels...

as for who will win Best Picture IMO? Right now it's a three movie race between Argo, Lincoln, and Les Mis.
Back to top Go down
wildhoney66

wildhoney66

PostSubject: Re: Oscars discussion thread   Oscars discussion thread EmptyMon Jan 21, 2013 9:59 am

honestly i don't even know who got nomitnated! he he
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Oscars discussion thread   Oscars discussion thread Empty

Back to top Go down

Oscars discussion thread
Page 1 of 1