The Cinema Snob
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pierre Kirby Approved.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Like E.T., but don't want to hear the few "naughty" words in it?

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
polygonalchemist

Like E.T., but don't want to hear the few "naughty" words in it? Empty
PostSubject: Like E.T., but don't want to hear the few "naughty" words in it?   Like E.T., but don't want to hear the few "naughty" words in it? EmptySat Dec 08, 2012 11:04 am

I'm not here to make fun of anyone's religion. In fact, the way this thing works by monitoring the closed captions is a pretty clever way to do this sort of thing. It just seems that this sort of thing is a great way to draw attention to the fact that your kids' heroes use "naughty language".

I still like the logical conclusion for this device's evolution: some repressed programmer spending many hours coding an algorithm that recognizes breasts and other 'evil' body parts and automatically blurs them out.

I also want to see something like Pulp Fiction run through this thing.
Back to top Go down
Frank Rizzo

Frank Rizzo

PostSubject: Re: Like E.T., but don't want to hear the few "naughty" words in it?   Like E.T., but don't want to hear the few "naughty" words in it? EmptySat Dec 08, 2012 11:44 am

I'd like to see Goodfellas run through this thing....I think whatever device it is would explode in about 5 minutes...
Back to top Go down
Otaku4Life

Otaku4Life

PostSubject: Re: Like E.T., but don't want to hear the few "naughty" words in it?   Like E.T., but don't want to hear the few "naughty" words in it? EmptySun Dec 09, 2012 8:52 am

This is almost just as bad as what the FCC did to "Snakes On A Plane" on TV.
Back to top Go down
Otaku4Life

Otaku4Life

PostSubject: Re: Like E.T., but don't want to hear the few "naughty" words in it?   Like E.T., but don't want to hear the few "naughty" words in it? EmptySun Dec 09, 2012 8:56 am

I dare them to use that device on this!
Back to top Go down
alexjowski

alexjowski

PostSubject: Re: Like E.T., but don't want to hear the few "naughty" words in it?   Like E.T., but don't want to hear the few "naughty" words in it? EmptySun Dec 09, 2012 1:22 pm

This device is stupid. They are just words in a movie and kids are going to hear those same words from school or other family members with parents having no control over that context. This TV Guardian is lazyass parenting. My daughter hears a shit or a fuck on TV or in a movie from time to time and she knows not to repeat it because either me or someone else explained WHY its not good to use that word.

Oh, and it mutes the word "shit" by flashing its watermark up on the screen. Anybody would get tired of THAT fast.
Back to top Go down
Razzly

Razzly

PostSubject: Re: Like E.T., but don't want to hear the few "naughty" words in it?   Like E.T., but don't want to hear the few "naughty" words in it? EmptyMon Dec 24, 2012 9:01 pm

I always thought that the kind of people who use/invest these devices are usually the one's to censor your personal beliefs at the dinner table.

The only thing worse than this is when someone talks on the phone all the way through a movie nobody in the room has seen before.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Like E.T., but don't want to hear the few "naughty" words in it?   Like E.T., but don't want to hear the few "naughty" words in it? Empty

Back to top Go down

Like E.T., but don't want to hear the few "naughty" words in it?
Page 1 of 1