The Cinema Snob
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pierre Kirby Approved.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

So, Disney owns Star Wars now...

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
polygonalchemist

So, Disney owns Star Wars now... Empty
PostSubject: So, Disney owns Star Wars now...   So, Disney owns Star Wars now... EmptyWed Oct 31, 2012 8:58 am

http://thewaltdisneycompany.com/disney-news/press-releases/2012/10/disney-acquire-lucasfilm-ltd

...and I guess all the other Lucas properties. Does that mean we might get a Monkey Island animated movie some day?

They've already announced plans for Episode VII in 2015, too.

Honestly, coming from a "I only marginally care about the future of Star Wars anymore" point of view, I'm kinda optimistic about this. Everyone made all the same "LOL! Donald Duck meets the Incredible Hulk" jokes when they bought Marvel, but then, look how the recent Marvel movies came out. If they treat Star Wars the same way, this might turn out well. Bring a talented directer on board, and some of the people who made the better Star Wars comics and novels, and who knows.

As someone who did read a lot of the Expanded Universe back in the day, I do wonder how they'll handle Eps 7-9 in regards to that. Will they try to fit it in with the post-movie stories? or completely ignore them? While there's some serious shit in the post-movies EU (clones of the Emperor, and a parade of increasingly over-the-top superweapons). But I'd hate to lose the Thrawn trilogy.

Meh, we shall see.
Back to top Go down
Otaku4Life

Otaku4Life

PostSubject: Re: So, Disney owns Star Wars now...   So, Disney owns Star Wars now... EmptyFri Nov 02, 2012 9:08 pm

Marvel did the same thing, and now they're suing Disney in the billions.
Back to top Go down
wildhoney66

wildhoney66

PostSubject: Re: So, Disney owns Star Wars now...   So, Disney owns Star Wars now... EmptyFri Nov 16, 2012 9:13 am

well i look at it this way, who knows maybe they will be good. people bitch and complain about the prequels and i'm not dissing those people. but since Lucas had NOTHING to do with "Empire' other than produce it and that's pretty much it and that's the best one in the entire series. who knows maybe the next trilogy will maybe be good? in short

i'm being optimistic.
Back to top Go down
Otaku4Life

Otaku4Life

PostSubject: Re: So, Disney owns Star Wars now...   So, Disney owns Star Wars now... EmptySat Nov 24, 2012 1:39 am

Because of what Lucas did to the franchise, I was able to successfully sell all of my "Star Wars" belongings on eBay.
My fandom & hardcore devotion to Lucas and his works is officially gone now.
Back to top Go down
Otaku4Life

Otaku4Life

PostSubject: Re: So, Disney owns Star Wars now...   So, Disney owns Star Wars now... EmptyWed Nov 28, 2012 3:58 am

So, Disney owns Star Wars now... 2008_410
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: So, Disney owns Star Wars now...   So, Disney owns Star Wars now... Empty

Back to top Go down

So, Disney owns Star Wars now...
Page 1 of 1