The Cinema Snob
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pierre Kirby Approved.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

The Forgotten "Forgotten Nic Cage" Segment

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Milliamson

The Forgotten "Forgotten Nic Cage" Segment Empty
PostSubject: The Forgotten "Forgotten Nic Cage" Segment   The Forgotten "Forgotten Nic Cage" Segment EmptyTue Sep 04, 2012 10:53 pm

Am I the only one who missed this? It's been so long, and I love seeing one of my favourite actors in these obscure roles that being 22 I either wasn't around when they happened, or being British I just didn't get as much exposure to them.
I understand Brad is a busy man and is juggling ALOT of shows, just look forward very much to a return of this show.
Back to top Go down
Skibz

Skibz

PostSubject: Re: The Forgotten "Forgotten Nic Cage" Segment   The Forgotten "Forgotten Nic Cage" Segment EmptySun Sep 09, 2012 12:49 pm

I'm just speculating, but I can sort of understand why Brad never followed through with it. Judging by the comment count, it didn't seem to be that popular a segment, and I assume it's because it wasn't overtly humor-oriented. They were more or less straightforward scripted reviews, and since Cage never really did any camp/exploitation movies, it seemed out of place compared to Brad's other movie videos/reviews.

But yes, obviously I wouldn't mind seeing it return. Though truthfully, his unscripted reviews of Cage's more recent/more sillier fare are just as entertaining, if not more so.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/theskibz
Milliamson

PostSubject: Re: The Forgotten "Forgotten Nic Cage" Segment   The Forgotten "Forgotten Nic Cage" Segment EmptyWed Sep 12, 2012 11:39 pm

I suppose you make a good case - especially now in the harsher times of what I can understand, alot of the critics aren't making nearly as much revenue anymore so some things HAVE to be dropped. I just assumed it was one he sort of put to one side for a while, as with Kung Tai Ted for a period etc; I found it a very fascinating little series whilst it lasted though. So if it ever makes a reemergence then hurrah - even if Brad tries marketing a little different, like with a "the performances that SHOULD be forgotten" or something, to track in more revenue. As you can clearly appreciate, Cage is definately a man with many underrated classic performances under his belt, and many poorer performances that people seem to hold on to more (I can't tell you the amount of times I've had to insist people see Face/Off and the like after people insist he is just monosyllabig etc because they watched Next and National Treasure)
Back to top Go down
The Original Greaser Bob

The Original Greaser Bob

PostSubject: Re: The Forgotten "Forgotten Nic Cage" Segment   The Forgotten "Forgotten Nic Cage" Segment EmptyThu Sep 13, 2012 12:22 am

I enjoyed them.
Back to top Go down
Mondo a Go-Go

Mondo a Go-Go

PostSubject: Re: The Forgotten "Forgotten Nic Cage" Segment   The Forgotten "Forgotten Nic Cage" Segment EmptyFri Sep 14, 2012 4:45 am

It could just be that with all Brad's been up to lately (TGWTG Anniversaries, The Snob Movie, having a life) things like the Snob and the current reviews are the only really reasonable things to be keeping up with. Once things mellow out, we'll probably see Bruno Mattei Shows, Softly From Cables, Big Boxes, Nic Cages, and all the other shows that haven't been updated in a while. I hope so, at least. Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Forgotten "Forgotten Nic Cage" Segment   The Forgotten "Forgotten Nic Cage" Segment Empty

Back to top Go down

The Forgotten "Forgotten Nic Cage" Segment
Page 1 of 1