The Cinema Snob
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pierre Kirby Approved.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Worst Product Placement EVER!

Go down 
+3
Frank Rizzo
Skibz
Otaku4Life
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Otaku4Life

Otaku4Life

Worst Product Placement EVER! Empty
PostSubject: Worst Product Placement EVER!   Worst Product Placement EVER! EmptyTue Sep 04, 2012 6:11 am

Here's a box of Larry the Cable Guy corn muffin mix I found at my local dollar store.
I know how much Brad hates this guy in movies.
Who ever thought that he would be the most perfect celebrity to promote their product?
What could possibly be worse than this?

Worst Product Placement EVER! Pictur16
Worst Product Placement EVER! Pictur17
Back to top Go down
Skibz

Skibz

PostSubject: Re: Worst Product Placement EVER!   Worst Product Placement EVER! EmptyTue Sep 04, 2012 7:29 am

Otaku4Life wrote:
What could possibly be worse than this?
When you put serious thought into thinking how much money this man must possibly make to have worthy enough name recognition to appear on a box of muffins.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/theskibz
Frank Rizzo

Frank Rizzo

PostSubject: Re: Worst Product Placement EVER!   Worst Product Placement EVER! EmptyTue Sep 04, 2012 11:32 pm

I'm having trouble believing that Larry would want to add shredded cheese to corn muffins.

Even *he* couldn't possibly wanna try that...
Back to top Go down
LeMunson

LeMunson

PostSubject: Re: Worst Product Placement EVER!   Worst Product Placement EVER! EmptyWed Sep 05, 2012 6:27 am

Frank Rizzo wrote:
I'm having trouble believing that Larry would want to add shredded cheese to corn muffins.

Even *he* couldn't possibly wanna try that...

Your giving far too much credit to the man who gave us this.

Worst Product Placement EVER! Scaled.php?server=856&filename=toothfairy2n
Back to top Go down
Otaku4Life

Otaku4Life

PostSubject: Re: Worst Product Placement EVER!   Worst Product Placement EVER! EmptyWed Sep 05, 2012 7:05 am

But wait.......there's more!

Worst Product Placement EVER! Pictur18
Worst Product Placement EVER! Pictur19
Back to top Go down
polygonalchemist

PostSubject: Re: Worst Product Placement EVER!   Worst Product Placement EVER! EmptyWed Sep 05, 2012 7:44 am

You're sending these to Brad to try, right? Heh.

Also, isn't "product placement" more putting products in movies and TV shows? When I think of terrible product placement, I think more of how they worked the modern shoes into I, Robot or implying that a nerd like Peter Parker would use Bing as his search engine. This is more "Worst Celebrity Endorsements".

And the funny part is that all the Blue Collar guys are actually pretty smart guys outside of their acts. Jeff Foxworthy always seems like he really wants to go into other directions, but all his audience wants are more "You might be a Redneck" jokes. And as for Larry, well, this is what he was like before he created the Cableguy character:

Honestly, if I were to get famous buy turning myself into something like Larry the Cable Guy, and have to live my life as that character from then onward, I wonder if the sacks of money would be enough to keep me from eyeing a large bottle of pills longingly every night.
Back to top Go down
Tetsuryu

Tetsuryu

PostSubject: Re: Worst Product Placement EVER!   Worst Product Placement EVER! EmptySat Sep 08, 2012 3:31 pm

polygonalchemist wrote:
implying that a nerd like Peter Parker would use Bing as his search engine
This is easily the worst case. It's not just obnoxious, it's completely unrealistic.

And I used to think waving SSD cards with big brand logos at the camera in the Transformers movie was bad!
Back to top Go down
http://takeshi666.dvdaf.com/
Mondo a Go-Go

Mondo a Go-Go

PostSubject: Re: Worst Product Placement EVER!   Worst Product Placement EVER! EmptySun Sep 09, 2012 4:21 am

Tetsuryu wrote:
polygonalchemist wrote:
implying that a nerd like Peter Parker would use Bing as his search engine
This is easily the worst case. It's not just obnoxious, it's completely unrealistic.

And I used to think waving SSD cards with big brand logos at the camera in the Transformers movie was bad!
Implying anyone uses Bing.

Can't forget that line from Armageddon about how the scientist's Stouffer's™ Dinner is on the table.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Worst Product Placement EVER!   Worst Product Placement EVER! Empty

Back to top Go down

Worst Product Placement EVER!
Page 1 of 1