The Cinema Snob
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pierre Kirby Approved.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

What Was The Last Movie You Watched?

Go down 
+81
Tabascofanatikerin
Razzly
Inquisitor
Skibz
Ninty64X
The_Stone_Guest
Toyland Chairman
ZappaDave
Alyxx
metateen
80'sDavid
aga
EvilSpirit
AstaKask
EccentricSnob
fubar_in_pittsburgh
perkele
kraufen
jasn0_X
Hybrid Pig-Boy
polygonalchemist
Subterfuge
Longinus
theGerman
Kayna
Weezy-LUiGi
The Man in Black
Eckertmania
Santa Dog II
ItsVince725
gunflyer
Ashxking
PanzerschreckLeopard
LeMunson
Randy Spears
Brakywaki
Tykittaa
Indiana Groans
DanteRespite
Rudiger
Jerky McSquirt
IAKO
UnholyMephistopheles
Salim
Captain Smack-Pigeon
Second Hand Store
Candyman
TheCinemaCynic
barrylikesbnbns
moonsknight
Vendaval FJ
O'Hara
Dyson sphere
unrealbe
gregmcduck
Angie Matera
obin_gam
KingLDub
UnknownKadath
MonkeyMan
Son Of Jack Deth
relauby
Bassbait
PCDOS
Frank Rizzo
ScrotumusMaximus
Mondo a Go-Go
tonythe chosen
Tommy Wiseau
Lady stardust
ermac
LeperMessiah117
Kaneda
A Cockatrice
Mother of Invention
JustinDP
The Original Greaser Bob
LucasChad
thegormer
Minuto
85 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 22 ... 41  Next
AuthorMessage
relauby

relauby

What Was The Last Movie You Watched? - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: What Was The Last Movie You Watched?   What Was The Last Movie You Watched? - Page 3 EmptySun Feb 13, 2011 10:15 pm

Tommy Wiseau wrote:
Relauby wrote:
Tommy Wiseau wrote:
The Room, for the eleventh time.

Is that an accurate count? Have you actually seen The Room eleven times, or did you just throw a random number out there?

Accurate count.

Holy shit, man. I don't think I've seen any movie that many times.
Back to top Go down
Frank Rizzo

Frank Rizzo

PostSubject: Re: What Was The Last Movie You Watched?   What Was The Last Movie You Watched? - Page 3 EmptySun Feb 13, 2011 10:18 pm

Relauby wrote:
Tommy Wiseau wrote:
Relauby wrote:
Tommy Wiseau wrote:

Is that an accurate count? Have you actually seen The Room eleven times, or did you just throw a random number out there?

Accurate count.

The only movies I could say I've seen that many times are Clue, Ferris Beuller's Day Off, and The Thing.
Back to top Go down
Tommy Wiseau

Tommy Wiseau

PostSubject: Re: What Was The Last Movie You Watched?   What Was The Last Movie You Watched? - Page 3 EmptySun Feb 13, 2011 10:33 pm

Relauby wrote:
Tommy Wiseau wrote:
Relauby wrote:
Tommy Wiseau wrote:

Accurate count.

I think I should mention, it's been less than a year since I first saw it.

And the anniversary of me watching it the first time is in two days, so I might watch it again.
Back to top Go down
Son Of Jack Deth

Son Of Jack Deth

PostSubject: Re: What Was The Last Movie You Watched?   What Was The Last Movie You Watched? - Page 3 EmptySun Feb 13, 2011 10:37 pm

I've seen quite a few films multiple times. All of my favorites have easily past 11 by now. Films like Raiders Of The Lost Ark, Blade Runner, Star Wars, Trancers, Highlander, Big Trouble In Little China, The Good, The Bad, And The Ugly, Escape From New York, etc... are all over 20, perhaps even 30 for a couple of them.
Back to top Go down
relauby

relauby

PostSubject: Re: What Was The Last Movie You Watched?   What Was The Last Movie You Watched? - Page 3 EmptySun Feb 13, 2011 11:37 pm

I'd say the most I've seen any movie would be around 8. Although I have seen The Room 7 times and it's only been about 6 months since I watched it the first time, so that's not bad.
Back to top Go down
Tommy Wiseau

Tommy Wiseau

PostSubject: Re: What Was The Last Movie You Watched?   What Was The Last Movie You Watched? - Page 3 EmptySun Feb 13, 2011 11:58 pm

Son Of Jack Deth wrote:
I've seen quite a few films multiple times. All of my favorites have easily past 11 by now. Films like Raiders Of The Lost Ark, Blade Runner, Star Wars, Trancers, Highlander, Big Trouble In Little China, The Good, The Bad, And The Ugly, Escape From New York, etc... are all over 20, perhaps even 30 for a couple of them.

You have 40 years under your belt though, so that's not all that much.
Back to top Go down
Son Of Jack Deth

Son Of Jack Deth

PostSubject: Re: What Was The Last Movie You Watched?   What Was The Last Movie You Watched? - Page 3 EmptyMon Feb 14, 2011 12:15 am

Tommy Wiseau wrote:
Son Of Jack Deth wrote:

You have 40 years under your belt though, so that's not all that much.

I knew that was going to come into play. Smile While it is a minor factor, most of my heavy repeat viewing days came in my 20's. VHS was huge and I often had many friends over to watch movies together. So seeing the same film multiple times in the same month was not unusual. Also, my best friends dad operated a drive in theater when I was in my mid teens, so we got to go with him many times to see a film. I can't even remember how many times I rewatched Alien and Empire Strikes Back there.

Last edited by Son Of Jack Deth on Mon Feb 14, 2011 7:35 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
The Original Greaser Bob

The Original Greaser Bob

PostSubject: Re: What Was The Last Movie You Watched?   What Was The Last Movie You Watched? - Page 3 EmptyMon Feb 14, 2011 6:40 am

Finally got around to watching Videodrome, was thoroughly impressed.
Back to top Go down
MonkeyMan

PostSubject: Re: What Was The Last Movie You Watched?   What Was The Last Movie You Watched? - Page 3 EmptyMon Feb 14, 2011 12:50 pm

In Theaters: The King's Speech - Touching and funny. Great performances from everyone involved.

At Home: Wall Street and Dirty Harry - Great films.
Back to top Go down
Tommy Wiseau

Tommy Wiseau

PostSubject: Re: What Was The Last Movie You Watched?   What Was The Last Movie You Watched? - Page 3 EmptyWed Feb 16, 2011 7:47 am

The Room... again Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Son Of Jack Deth

Son Of Jack Deth

PostSubject: Re: What Was The Last Movie You Watched?   What Was The Last Movie You Watched? - Page 3 EmptyWed Feb 16, 2011 7:55 am

Watched Devil. Not bad at all. Found the ending a bit weak, but otherwise I liked the over-all idea.
Back to top Go down
The Original Greaser Bob

The Original Greaser Bob

PostSubject: Re: What Was The Last Movie You Watched?   What Was The Last Movie You Watched? - Page 3 EmptyThu Feb 17, 2011 3:00 am

The Blair Witch Project

Haters be damned, I thought it was pretty good.
Back to top Go down
UnknownKadath

UnknownKadath

Location : I live in my namesake, of course!.. Okay, in real life - Japan.

PostSubject: Re: What Was The Last Movie You Watched?   What Was The Last Movie You Watched? - Page 3 EmptySun Feb 20, 2011 6:53 am

I just watched "RED." It was alright, I suppose. I enjoyed the characters at least, especially Malkovich's character; though it isn't really my cuppa tea.

The Dude wrote:
The Blair Witch Project

Haters be damned, I thought it was pretty good.

I agree, despite the fact that I hate that style movie. Honestly, most POV/Docuhorror movies annoy me. I don't like getting motion sickness watching those films. Yet Blair Witch actually did it right, because they didn't shake the camera EVERY goddamn second - they only shook it when there was genuine urgency. I remember seeing one like Blair Witch awhile back where a guy couldn't hold the camera straight just to film his friends Birthday party or something like that. I loved the atmosphere of Blair Witch, and I thought it was an ingenious way of marketing. I know a lot of people who hated it simply because it turned out to be fake, but what's wrong with a clever gimmick once in awhile? I kind of thought it was a good idea and a breath of fresh air, it made the movie more enjoyable - even though I saw it long after it had been debunked and I knew it wasn't "real" - I still got more enjoyment by suspending my disbelief and remembering those old Wanted poster movie posters. Redundant statement is just a tad redundant.
Back to top Go down
The Original Greaser Bob

The Original Greaser Bob

PostSubject: Re: What Was The Last Movie You Watched?   What Was The Last Movie You Watched? - Page 3 EmptySun Feb 20, 2011 12:47 pm

UnknownKadath wrote:
I agree, despite the fact that I hate that style movie. Honestly, most POV/Docuhorror movies annoy me. I don't like getting motion sickness watching those films. Yet Blair Witch actually did it right, because they didn't shake the camera EVERY goddamn second - they only shook it when there was genuine urgency. I remember seeing one like Blair Witch awhile back where a guy couldn't hold the camera straight just to film his friends Birthday party or something like that. I loved the atmosphere of Blair Witch, and I thought it was an ingenious way of marketing. I know a lot of people who hated it simply because it turned out to be fake, but what's wrong with a clever gimmick once in awhile? I kind of thought it was a good idea and a breath of fresh air, it made the movie more enjoyable - even though I saw it long after it had been debunked and I knew it wasn't "real" - I still got more enjoyment by suspending my disbelief and remembering those old Wanted poster movie posters. Redundant statement is just a tad redundant.
I also appreciated how the characters actually acted fairly realistically. I just watched it for the first time last week, so obviously I knew it was fake, but I can see how one without that knowledge could think it real.
Back to top Go down
UnknownKadath

UnknownKadath

PostSubject: Re: What Was The Last Movie You Watched?   What Was The Last Movie You Watched? - Page 3 EmptyMon Feb 21, 2011 6:39 am

The Dude wrote:
UnknownKadath wrote:
I also appreciated how the characters actually acted fairly realistically. I just watched it for the first time last week, so obviously I knew it was fake, but I can see how one without that knowledge could think it real.

Yeh, plus I'm assuming you know they did all in their power to make it appear as a real thing. Like I said the marketing campaign actually went out and put up "Lost Persons" posters for the movie. I also remember seeing documentaries around the time it came out, and while some of them were based on the actual legend and not the teenagers - they kind of added in little things about them. I also suppose I enjoyed the movie because I like that style of folklore. Chie (my wife) & I are the type of people that would do that kind of thing, although we've never filmed a documentary on it we often do go out into the woods and to ghost towns checking out legends and folk-lore. It's sort of a hobby.
Back to top Go down
Mondo a Go-Go

Mondo a Go-Go

PostSubject: Re: What Was The Last Movie You Watched?   What Was The Last Movie You Watched? - Page 3 EmptyMon Feb 21, 2011 9:39 am

UnknownKadath wrote:

Yeh, plus I'm assuming you know they did all in their power to make it appear as a real thing. Like I said the marketing campaign actually went out and put up "Lost Persons" posters for the movie. I also remember seeing documentaries around the time it came out, and while some of them were based on the actual legend and not the teenagers - they kind of added in little things about them. I also suppose I enjoyed the movie because I like that style of folklore. Chie (my wife) & I are the type of people that would do that kind of thing, although we've never filmed a documentary on it we often do go out into the woods and to ghost towns checking out legends and folk-lore. It's sort of a hobby.
I think that's the reason why people usually cite Cannibal Holocaust and Blair Witch as the best examples of the fake documentary style; they did everything in their power to make the movies seem real. With other films with that style, it just gives you seasickness and you know it's all lies.
Back to top Go down
The Original Greaser Bob

The Original Greaser Bob

PostSubject: Re: What Was The Last Movie You Watched?   What Was The Last Movie You Watched? - Page 3 EmptyTue Feb 22, 2011 8:58 am

UnknownKadath wrote:
The Dude wrote:
UnknownKadath wrote:

Yeh, plus I'm assuming you know they did all in their power to make it appear as a real thing. Like I said the marketing campaign actually went out and put up "Lost Persons" posters for the movie. I also remember seeing documentaries around the time it came out, and while some of them were based on the actual legend and not the teenagers - they kind of added in little things about them.
Yeah, I'm aware of the marketing campaign, which I give them mad props for. I think I even have a copy of one of the peripheral documentaries that came out. Of course, they could only maintain the illusion for so long, so by the time I got around to watching it, there wasn't a whole lot of mystery left.
Back to top Go down
Son Of Jack Deth

Son Of Jack Deth

PostSubject: Re: What Was The Last Movie You Watched?   What Was The Last Movie You Watched? - Page 3 EmptyTue Feb 22, 2011 9:04 am

Kung Fu Panda- 6/10 Meh, I enjoyed Monsters Vs. Aliens way more.

After The Thin Man-10/10 Sequel to the Dashiell Hammett classic that is just as good as the original. If you like great dialogue, then you will love these films.
Back to top Go down
The Original Greaser Bob

The Original Greaser Bob

PostSubject: Re: What Was The Last Movie You Watched?   What Was The Last Movie You Watched? - Page 3 EmptyTue Feb 22, 2011 9:07 am

Hitler: The Rise of Evil

As far as made-for-TV historical films go, this one was pretty good. High production values, a great actor in the title role, and for the most part, is historically accurate. An educational movie that still works well as a film.
Back to top Go down
UnknownKadath

UnknownKadath

PostSubject: Re: What Was The Last Movie You Watched?   What Was The Last Movie You Watched? - Page 3 EmptyTue Feb 22, 2011 7:21 pm

Mondo a Go-Go wrote:

I think that's the reason why people usually cite Cannibal Holocaust and Blair Witch as the best examples of the fake documentary style; they did everything in their power to make the movies seem real. With other films with that style, it just gives you seasickness and you know it's all lies.

I saw Cannibal Holocaust when I did an essay/review of all the video nasties. Although that one with the cannibal hobos/Vietnam vets made me laugh (I can't remember which one it is, they all had such similar bloody names) but Cannibal Holocaust was undeniably the only of the many "Cannibal *Insert some sort of mass death related word here*" movies that actually managed to bother or disturb me. Can't say I enjoyed it, but considering that it had some actual subtext and craftsmanship to it - it was certainly worth more of my time than a lot of the other nasties.

Oh - and I just watched An American Werewolf in London after hearing about it for years. I felt it was kind of abrupt, but it was pretty fun.

Back to top Go down
The Original Greaser Bob

The Original Greaser Bob

PostSubject: Re: What Was The Last Movie You Watched?   What Was The Last Movie You Watched? - Page 3 EmptyWed Feb 23, 2011 3:16 am

Re-watched Clerks for the first time in years. Still funny.
Back to top Go down
Frank Rizzo

Frank Rizzo

PostSubject: Re: What Was The Last Movie You Watched?   What Was The Last Movie You Watched? - Page 3 EmptyWed Feb 23, 2011 3:35 am

The Dude wrote:

For some reason I liked Clerks II better.
Back to top Go down
Tommy Wiseau

Tommy Wiseau

PostSubject: Re: What Was The Last Movie You Watched?   What Was The Last Movie You Watched? - Page 3 EmptyWed Feb 23, 2011 8:16 am

Equilibrium - I didn't really like it. Most people say it's a flawed movie with great action, but I'd say it's simply mediocre. The story was pretty cliché, even if it had some interesting ideas, the acting (aside from Christian Bale and Sean Bean) was terrible, the fight scenes were mostly laughable (I say mostly, because the one at the beginning was cool), and there were tons of plot holes.

Lost Highway - This is probably the most confusing Lynch film I've seen so far, but the confusion is done well and it creates an unsettling atmosphere. I also liked the dark cinematography and the energetic, somewhat grungy direction. I liked it a lot.
Back to top Go down
UnknownKadath

UnknownKadath

PostSubject: Re: What Was The Last Movie You Watched?   What Was The Last Movie You Watched? - Page 3 EmptyWed Feb 23, 2011 8:26 am

Frank Rizzo wrote:
The Dude wrote:

For some reason I liked Clerks II better.

So I'm not alone on that one? I love both of them though, strange seeing as they embody the spirit of a generation I didn't care for. Then again I don't think I care for any generation of teens when I think about it, though at least the 50s looked cool.

Random statement - I know.

Anyways, just starting up "Twin Peaks: Firewalk with me." After hearing about the show for a million years I finally decided to go and watch it, just finished it, moving on to the movie. I've heard mixed things about it though.

Tommy Wiseau wrote:
Equilibrium - I didn't really like it. Most people say it's a flawed movie with great action, but I'd say it's simply mediocre. The story was pretty cliché, even if it had some interesting ideas, the acting (aside from Christian Bale and Sean Bean) was terrible, the fight scenes were mostly laughable (I say mostly, because the one at the beginning was cool), and there were tons of plot holes.

Lost Highway - This is probably the most confusing Lynch film I've seen so far, but the confusion is done well and it creates an unsettling atmosphere. I also liked the dark cinematography and the energetic, somewhat grungy direction. I liked it a lot.

I didn't care for Equilibrium either. Then again, honestly I rarely get into action movies at all.

Lost Highway was a pretty good flick. I actually think it was the second Lynch I saw; the first being The Elephant Man.
Back to top Go down
Tommy Wiseau

Tommy Wiseau

PostSubject: Re: What Was The Last Movie You Watched?   What Was The Last Movie You Watched? - Page 3 EmptyWed Feb 23, 2011 8:35 am

UnknownKadath wrote:

Anyways, just starting up "Twin Peaks: Firewalk with me." After hearing about the show for a million years I finally decided to go and watch it, just finished it, moving on to the movie. I've heard mixed things about it though.

If you go in expecting it to be like the show, you will be disappointed. It's a lot uglier and harder to sit through (not in a bad way) and, like most Lynch movies, the plot does not make any sense.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What Was The Last Movie You Watched?   What Was The Last Movie You Watched? - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

What Was The Last Movie You Watched?
Page 3 of 41Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 22 ... 41  Next