The Cinema Snob
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pierre Kirby Approved.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Peter O'Toole Retires

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Otaku4Life

Otaku4Life

Peter O'Toole Retires Empty
PostSubject: Peter O'Toole Retires   Peter O'Toole Retires EmptyFri Jul 13, 2012 12:23 am

Veteran actor and "Caligula" star Peter O'Toole announced that he is officially retiring from his 50-plus year career in film and stage.
He will be focusing on the third volume of his memoirs.
Here's his final farewell speech.

"Dear all, It is time for me to chuck in the sponge. To retire from films and stage. The heart for it has gone out of me: it won't come back. My professional acting life, stage and screen, has brought me public support, emotional fulfillment and material comfort. It has brought me together with fine people, good companions with whom I've shared the inevitable lot of all actors: flops and hits.However, it's my belief that one should decide for oneself when it is time to end one's stay. So I bid the profession a dry-eyed and profoundly grateful farewell. Ever Peter O'Toole."

http://social.entertainment.msn.com/movies/blogs/the-hitlist-blogpost.aspx?post=f75e3588-c1a0-46d0-8dac-c29c2503c7ef&_blg=2
Back to top Go down
wildhoney66

wildhoney66

PostSubject: Re: Peter O'Toole Retires   Peter O'Toole Retires EmptyFri Jul 20, 2012 12:10 pm

that's kinda sad cause the dude is a great actor. i haven't seen that many of his films granted but he shall be missed.

even if he was drunk doing a great deal of them when he was younger. i dunno about NOW though. but i guess if he wants to quit he wants to quit.
Back to top Go down
enemycoke

enemycoke

PostSubject: Re: Peter O'Toole Retires   Peter O'Toole Retires EmptyWed Aug 15, 2012 5:06 pm

I, for one, am looking forward to the third volume of his memoirs
That dude is crazy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Peter O'Toole Retires   Peter O'Toole Retires Empty

Back to top Go down

Peter O'Toole Retires
Page 1 of 1