The Cinema Snob
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pierre Kirby Approved.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

"Transformers: The Ride 3D" Review

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Otaku4Life

Otaku4Life

"Transformers: The Ride 3D" Review Empty
PostSubject: "Transformers: The Ride 3D" Review   "Transformers: The Ride 3D" Review EmptyFri Jun 29, 2012 12:33 pm

I'm currently in Los Angeles, CA to attend AnimeExpo this week.
In the meantime I did some sightseeing to spare some time.
So I decided to go to Universal Studios Hollywood.
They have opened their newest ride based on Michael Bay's "Transformers" movies.
And I would like to share with you all my own personal experience and thoughts about it.

First off, the staff were all dressed in US military-style uniforms (camo, caps, boots, etc.).
The interior was set like a high-tech war room with HDTVs and props sch as the Scoprinok tail and the piece of the All-Spark.
The only humans are military officers, soldiers and government officials.
Thankfully there's now sign anywhere of Shia LaBeouf in either the videos nor the ride.

The ride is controlled by an Autobot called Evac (who transforms into the cart your sitting in).
The 3D glasses are a new type with mirror-like reflections on both sides.
The staff act like drill sergeants by saying stuff like "Go, Go, Go, Trainee" when the cart arrives.

Now the ride itself was a whole other experience.
The ride is mostly like a type of flight simulator.
It features the highest-definition of 3D I've ever seen.
The 3D effects are literally "in your face" and not like anything I've seen in any 3D movies I've seen in theaters.

It starts with that Decepticon cat jumping on the front hood as Bumble Bee grabs it and rips it's head off.
Then Megatron grabs the cart and you can literally see his hand in the foreground.
Opimus Prime saves you and fights Megatron as he fire a missile right at you and explodes with a blast of heat you can feel on your face.
Then Devastator (without his testicles showing this time) shows up to eat a city street with his gaping shark-like mouth.
You get sucked into his mouth and travel through him as he shits you out the other side into the next scene.
The rest is Opimus and Megatron fighting as you finally kill him with the All-Spark piece.
You plummet from the top of a tall building to the street as Bumble Bee saves you.
Optimus thanks you for your service and the ride finally ends with a dead Megaron model on the ceiling.

To be absolutely honest, this ride was much more better than the movies themselves.
The whole ride is all about the Transformers themselves and the only humans you see are the soldiers shooting in the background.
I'm relieved that Shia LaBeouf was nowhere to be found anywhere.
It literally felt like a real "Transformers" movie.
I remember The Cinema Snob quoting "Never reference a better movie in your crappy movie".
Well I say "Never reference an awesome ride based on your shitty movie".
I did hear a bunch of teenage girls screaming behind me during the intense moments.
My final thoughts are to just skip the movies and go on the ride whenever you visit LA in the future.
You won't be disappointed.

Last edited by Otaku4Life on Sun Jul 08, 2012 12:44 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
wildhoney66

wildhoney66

"Transformers: The Ride 3D" Review Empty
PostSubject: Re: "Transformers: The Ride 3D" Review   "Transformers: The Ride 3D" Review EmptyFri Jun 29, 2012 10:35 pm

that sounds like a LOT of fun. i wonder if the one in Florida also has the ride as well? one i did enjoy in floirda i've never been to L.A. before was the "back to the future' ride back in oh (1994) i don't think it's there anymore but i loved it.

that's a ride where i've heard people say they've hated it so it's got a love it or hate it experience i guess you could say.
i also went on the King Kong one. & that was fun as well. i forget what other ones i was on. since this was 18 years ago mind you.
Back to top Go down

"Transformers: The Ride 3D" Review
Page 1 of 1