The Cinema Snob
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pierre Kirby Approved.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

VHS rewinder

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
OtakuX

OtakuX

VHS rewinder Empty
PostSubject: VHS rewinder   VHS rewinder EmptyWed Jun 27, 2012 2:49 am

I'm listening to old episodes, and I remember I'd use my VHS rewinder to rewind videos when I wanted to watch 2 in a row. Rewind the one I just watched and start watching the next without waiting.

I also remember when I was a freshman in high school. A friend gave me his copy of Ninja Turtles 2. I didn't get a DVD player until 2002. I'd had the first and third TMNT movies on VHS since I was a kid, so getting the second was awesome. I watched it, then started to rewind it in my VCR (at this point I no longer had the rewinder). I heard a weird noise and hit eject. the tape pulled out. the first time I rewound the movie. Fortunatly, a year later I got a DVD player and got all 3 movies on DVD.
Back to top Go down
https://twitter.com/#!/0takuX
wildhoney66

wildhoney66

VHS rewinder Empty
PostSubject: Re: VHS rewinder   VHS rewinder EmptyFri Jul 20, 2012 12:08 pm

i still got a VHS rewinder & it still works. i've had numerous of them through the years. & i use it every once in a while.

i have no issues with those cause on some of my VHS tapes it seemed like the rewinder would treat it better than my actual VCR! which is strange to be honest. but yes sometimes when i put a tape in my VCR it has ate the tape.

& when i use a VHS rewinder for me anyways those tended NOT to do that acutally. yet VCR's. did.
Back to top Go down
The Original Greaser Bob

The Original Greaser Bob

VHS rewinder Empty
PostSubject: Re: VHS rewinder   VHS rewinder EmptyWed Mar 27, 2013 9:48 am

I've used VHS rewinders for years and put hundreds of tapes through them and never experienced any problems myself. In fact, Radiodrome was the first (and so far only) place I've ever heard of them being bad for your tapes. When I was growing up, the popular wisdom always held the opposite.
Back to top Go down
wildhoney66

wildhoney66

VHS rewinder Empty
PostSubject: Re: VHS rewinder   VHS rewinder EmptyWed Mar 27, 2013 11:13 am

going off topic a bit sorry, you mention ninja turtles? the 90's films that is. he he. when i went and saw part 2 in the theatre the film was longer. than when it hit VHS i bought like the day it came out. and it still got it as well.

and i said to my brother that the film is missing shit. he goes no you are wrong you don't know what you are talking about. than a few years back i looked on IMDB cause it had always bothered me and i was right in the trivia or alternate versions it said just what i swore was right the film was longer. i can't remember what all was cut. but

i do remember the opening scene when they are at the mall it's longer before the credits and during the fight scene.
on the dvd and VHS i have of it', it's shorter sorry for going off topic but you just mention having the series i just wondred if anyone other than me noticed this.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

VHS rewinder Empty
PostSubject: Re: VHS rewinder   VHS rewinder Empty

Back to top Go down

VHS rewinder
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Cinema Snob :: Snobcast-
Jump to: