The Cinema Snob
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pierre Kirby Approved.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Spoony and Channel; awesome have parted ways

Go down 
+13
polygonalchemist
Diamandahagan
Lone_fighter
UDelJames
Admin
Otaku4Life
thatguyontheright1
wildhoney66
Knightblade87
Bob_Bobbson
Eckertmania
Frank Rizzo
BoylandtheLiberator
17 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
thatguyontheright1

Spoony and Channel; awesome have parted ways - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spoony and Channel; awesome have parted ways   Spoony and Channel; awesome have parted ways - Page 2 EmptyThu Jun 28, 2012 6:02 am

I really can sympathize with Spoony, I can even understand his actions. I come from the same boat, I as well suffer from bouts of depression, and I have had people say to me, to my face "Why haven't you killed yourself yet?" or "The world would be better off without you", or "You are stealing people's air who deserve it, just die already!" And I have gone though some bad break ups too, I really do know where he is coming from on this.

I do not root for either team, but I do wish Spoony the best of luck and hopes he finds himself. Nobody can really help you out of this funk, you need to come out yourself.
Back to top Go down
The Original Greaser Bob

The Original Greaser Bob

PostSubject: Re: Spoony and Channel; awesome have parted ways   Spoony and Channel; awesome have parted ways - Page 2 EmptyThu Jun 28, 2012 6:23 am

Somehow I've been completely oblivious to all this until right now. I barely know any of these people (all I really know about Noah is that he apparently gave Brad his career, so I guess I owe him for that), so for me to throw in any two cents of any kind would probably be insulting.
That being said, I'll throw in with Hagan; I just really want to see this clusterfuck work itself out so that everyone can be friends again or, Team Everyone Needs to Fucking Chill. In the meantime, I think ordinary fans who have have a notion of taking sides will only make the situation worse, if anything. I respect Brad/Joe/whoever for sticking by their friend; that kind of loyalty can be hard to come by. But as fans, it's not out place to pass judgement here (in either direction).
Back to top Go down
Kayna

Kayna

PostSubject: Re: Spoony and Channel; awesome have parted ways   Spoony and Channel; awesome have parted ways - Page 2 EmptyThu Jun 28, 2012 8:51 am

The Dude wrote:
Somehow I've been completely oblivious to all this until right now. I barely know any of these people (all I really know about Noah is that he apparently gave Brad his career, so I guess I owe him for that), so for me to throw in any two cents of any kind would probably be insulting.
That being said, I'll throw in with Hagan; I just really want to see this clusterfuck work itself out so that everyone can be friends again or, Team Everyone Needs to Fucking Chill. In the meantime, I think ordinary fans who have have a notion of taking sides will only make the situation worse, if anything. I respect Brad/Joe/whoever for sticking by their friend; that kind of loyalty can be hard to come by. But as fans, it's not out place to pass judgement here (in either direction).
Exactly. However much we feel like we know them, the truth is we don't. We see what they choose to post on the internet, much of it heavily scripted and in character as someone else, and occasional nonsense from twitter and such with none of the real world context. Even with that, sometimes, no one is entirely in the right. I just hope everyone comes out of this all right in the end.
Back to top Go down
Lone_fighter

PostSubject: Re: Spoony and Channel; awesome have parted ways   Spoony and Channel; awesome have parted ways - Page 2 EmptyFri Jun 29, 2012 6:59 am

Well, I hope everyone learns from this exchange (and for haters, I respect Lupa because I can tell she like me when she let's thing's botteled up inside she has no choice but to explode if that makes sense)...anyhow

Maybe Spoony Can Join Snob and post his reviews on the Huffington Dave website..win-win for wveryone in my opinion
Back to top Go down
InsulinAddict

PostSubject: Re: Spoony and Channel; awesome have parted ways   Spoony and Channel; awesome have parted ways - Page 2 EmptyFri Jun 29, 2012 8:40 am

I've seen this sort of thing before. And it makes me a little concerned for Noah as I had a friend who acted very similar right before doing something extremely rash and unthinkable. At least Noah seems to have the desire to get well as is evidenced by him actually going and getting diagnosed. All his new found and long-time detractors and especially those that have turned on him recently should take a step back from their own bruised ego and indignation and try to see things from the perspective of someone who has struggled with emotional problems. I've seen it firsthand. Two of my best friends were/are emotionally unstable and getting mad at them for their unusual tendencies and outbursts is pointless and unfair to them. They quite literally are physically incapable of acting any other way than they are acting at that moment. When things change (as they frequently do) they often look back and feel great remorse for what they have said or done which can easily fuel another outburst. I hope that people realize this eventually and once the harsh words and hurt feeling have faded a bit everyone involved can take a deep breath and clear the air. I hope Spoony gets himself well and even if no reconciliation happens or is ever made public he goes on doing what he loves and has as happy and fulfilling life as is possible.
Back to top Go down
Lone_fighter

PostSubject: Re: Spoony and Channel; awesome have parted ways   Spoony and Channel; awesome have parted ways - Page 2 EmptySat Jun 30, 2012 7:35 pm

As fans, we should just move on aat this point (and I can get Lupa Opionin, since she let things build up inside her untill she lashed out)....but we all like everyone to move I would assume....................still, Noah and Brad should team up and do a video togther (if not be on Team Snob lol....try it Brad)
Back to top Go down
AstaKask

AstaKask

PostSubject: Re: Spoony and Channel; awesome have parted ways   Spoony and Channel; awesome have parted ways - Page 2 EmptyMon Jul 29, 2013 2:41 am

I'm on Team Jacob.

I may be posting this after everyone has already known this for a long time, but that's what I get for being late to the forum.

Apparently Spoony has bipolar disorder II, which is deep depressions and periods of hypomania. It is more common among highly creative people than among the population in general.

When you are hypomanic you feel great, but your judgment is shot to pieces. That's when you make highly inappropriate jokes on Twitter. Then you crash into depression and the entire world is against you. That's when you try to destroy your fanbase. I have a relative who has it, and he has lost high positions in the telecom business to his disorder.

This is no joke. This is a disorder that destroys lives. The risk for suicide is many, many times higher than for healthy people. And hypomania still hasn't got anything on real mania. That's when you buy a truckload of salmon and ride up and down the streets giving salmon to the people (true story). Or believe that you are the brother of the President and demand entrance to high-security installations.

It seems that Spoony is receiving the appropriate treatment, but there is no guarantee that he won't get new depressions or new hypomanic episodes. If he does, than it would be nice if we could remember that sometimes it is the sickness talking.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Spoony and Channel; awesome have parted ways   Spoony and Channel; awesome have parted ways - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Spoony and Channel; awesome have parted ways
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2